It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

No, it's been coming on for a few days. Normally a good, brisk walk would shake off that oversleep syndrome and I've just taken three dogs walking for the past three hours, and come back home to an even more painful headache than I left with. This whole thing has been progressing much like some illness would. I've been able to feel it growing but there's no part of me that feels ill, if you can understand that. *I* am what feels off. My headache was so bad now that I've had to resort to extreme measures: Advil. Yes, I took a pharmaceutical out of sheer desperation. Let's see what evil comes as a result.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just catching up on my ATS reading after being computerless for 5 days!
Had everything ready for Sandy, they said we could have some
power outages & flooding here in our part of PA too.
Had links to live web cams in NYC, the local scanner on my favorites bar,
& I was following the Sandy threads on ATS...

And then the power winked off here for just a SECOND,
& the computer was gone!!! Not the internet which I expected to lose,
because it goes out a lot for no discernible reason, but the whole computer!

Youngest son said later, something about a corrupt file & losing Windows!
So hubby & I were left cut off from ATS & the eq world,
& had to rely on MSM for our news until our son had time to work on it!
It was awful, a tech handicap!! Felt sooo cut off from the world!
Can't even imagine the poor people in NY/NJ coping with everything!

I was surprised though, I caught BBC news late the first night on PBS,
& they were the only ones that I heard mention possible problems from
Sandy to the nuclear power plants on the east coast!

We figured if anything big happened it would be on the news,
but most 6's don't even make the crawler anymore.
Even the Queen Charlotte one was only barely mentioned,
& that was mostly on the Weather Channel!

Sunday we helped shred 450 pounds of cabbage for homemade sauerkraut,
& yesterday our middle son came to help us with firewood.
So today I'm catching up with no interruptions I hope!
(Until hubby gets home & I go vote anyway!)

Anyhoo, 'nuff rambling....
Last night the cats were really acting up. They didn't go under the desk,
but were acting so out of the ordinary.
Old cat, (at least 16), was running/racing back & forth to the back door like a young dog!
Claws making noise on the bare floor!!! And bunching up the throw rug by the door.
And he was yowling too. Then later he went into where young cat was sleeping,
walked right up to her & put his ears back & stared at her. Like he was looking
to pick a fight. She woke up & was too scared to move!
I had a hard time getting him to walk away. I thought he was going to bat her!

Then a couple of hours later young cat came over to me & wanted a LOT
of attention for longer than she ever has. And she was trilling for quite awhile too.
When I checked the eq's I saw the 5.7 & 5.4 in Indonesia about an hour before,
But that shouldn't have done it. Then there was another 5.4 later,
but the way they were acting seemed too much for something that small & far away.
Later they were sleeping less than a foot apart, not a usual thing either.

So during the night there was a 3.7 in NY, which might make more sense as I'm in PA.
But when I read the posts here I'm not sure if that's it either!
I guess we'll have to see if you all keep reporting more symptoms.
I'm not feeling anything much, & hubby hasn't called with any symptoms (yet),
so I guess we'll just have to wait & watch!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hello all....hope you're all feeling a bit better today.

I have some time off work, till tomorrow afternoon, so I have a chance to catch up with myself a little...I've been having some very severe feelings the last two days. I think I've cracked the solution to the IBS thing and have it pinned to a physical issue, I'm pretty sure. The other stuff...well it's off the chart again. I was clear for ages, days and days....but now, the last two days, I've been on the point of a panic attack almost permanently, hypersensitive skin, can't bear to be touched, and pain everywhere, joints and muscles. I wake up sore in the morning, which I really don't understand. I also have had permanent whistling in my ears today. I've even been to the doc, and have arranged for more tests just in case cos this is driving me mental. I swear there is no earthly reason for me to be this anxious and it's not something I've really had a problem like this with in the past.

It honestly feels like something is being delayed and delayed to the point of explosion, whether deliberately or not, I don't know. I suspect a geological event, but it might be something else, like some huge financial crisis. Whatever it is, it has to give way soon, so that the pressure can go and the decks can be cleared properly. I'm rambling here...I have no idea what this event is, but it's massive.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hello Caitlinfae,

25 minutes after your post (above) there was a powerful quake in Guatemala. The preliminary reports give it a magnitude of 7.5 Mw:

M7.5 - 45km SW of Champerico, Guatemala 2012-11-07 16:35:51 UTC
Event Time

2012-11-07 16:35:51 UTC
2012-11-07 10:35:51 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
2012-11-07 17:35:51 UTC+01:00 system time

14.000°N 92.200°W depth=33.0km (20.5mi)
Nearby Cities

45km (28mi) SW of Champerico, Guatemala
60km (37mi) S of Suchiate, Mexico
73km (45mi) S of Ciudad Tecun Uman, Guatemala
81km (50mi) SW of Retalhuleu, Guatemala
195km (121mi) WSW of Guatemala City, Guatemala

SOURCE: USGS

This quake was at 33 km deep, which is not really deep at all as far as quakes go. And it appears to be a subduction zone event.

EDIT: upate for maps and observations.
Maps. First, the general region:

And secondly a closeup of the region round the epicenter:

SOURCES: First map from the main USGS world quake maps at this link. The second map can be accessed at the link given for the data source.

This event was within range to be a subduction zone event and this is something to therefore keep a close eye on. Back on Oct 28 there was a mag 7.7 Mw quake off the Canadian coast in the subduction zone there, now this one way further south but on the same side of the Pacific "ring of fire".

Between the two, we have the sections we have been eyeing with some nervousness, from Cascadia all the way down to SoCal. (The San Andreas Fault, however, is not a subduction zone. Different forces at work there, for the most part.)

The question is whether these two jolts will have any serious repurcussions on either the CSZ of the SAF.

Time will tell.
Mike

edit on 7/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Fast reporting Mike!

I thought it might have been the solar wind hitting today from a good size coronal hole..but that does look like a pretty strong eq.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Accurate call, great job!

I wonder still if something larger is imminently looming.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi Laser,

yes, Cait certainly posted in a very timely manner, I'd say.

What it may lead to is anyone's guess now.

On the "keeping ourselves calm and grounded) side, I have to stress that there have been many large quakes in that general Mexico/Central/Sth American subduction zone region over the past decades and none of them appear to have led to major events in either the CSZ or the SAF.

What concerns me is that we've now had two very powerful events on that side of the ring of fire within less than 2 weeks and that is pretty rare. I'd have to dig a lot to find out when something similar last occurred, but seeing as the quake in Canada was their largest since 1949 I think we'd need to look back a lot of years.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
JustMike and lasertaglover....

I'm shocked a bit I think. I almost didn't post. Thank you so much for the information and the feedback, and I have to admit this has made me a little tearful. I don't know why. Is it relief that maybe I'm not imagining it all, or am I scared that maybe I'm picking up on something bigger...I really don't know. One weird synchronicity....I handled mail at work the other day that was destined for Guatemala, and I had the word suck in my head ever since, you know how words replay and replay involuntarily? Anyway...maybe I should pay more attention to the mail that's going out and that might yield some clues. Will watch very carefully for letters to Seattle.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The info for the above quake has now been revised. Such revisions are absolutely normal and nothing to be surprised about. Newest data from USGS:

M7.4 - 24km S of Champerico, Guatemala 2012-11-07 16:35:50 UTC

Event Time

2012-11-07 16:35:50 UTC
2012-11-07 10:35:50 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
2012-11-07 17:35:50 UTC+01:00 system time

14.083°N 91.916°W depth=41.6km (25.9mi)
Nearby Cities

24km (15mi) S of Champerico, Guatemala
55km (34mi) SSW of Retalhuleu, Guatemala
60km (37mi) SSW of San Sebastian, Guatemala
61km (38mi) SSW of Nuevo San Carlos, Guatemala
163km (101mi) WSW of Guatemala City, Guatemala

SOURCE: USGS
Important changes: depth has been revised and is now somewhat deeper. However, it is still within the range typical for a subduction event. Magnitude has been revised down by mag 0.1. This is not a major change.

Location has been revised but it's only fractions of a degree and not at all significant.

Further revisions are quite possible as more data comes in: a quake this size will show up on many seismos round the world. The more data they have, the better the picture they get to its exact location and depth (to determine epicenter and hypocenter), and magnitude. They will also be able to determine the precise nature of the movement -- which direction/s the slip occurred -- and the length of time of shaking.

Aftershocks are extremely likely with a quake this big that is relatively shallow and in a known subduction zone. Do not be surprised if there are even some dozens of aftershocks in the coming days, with the largest being even up around mag 6.5 Mw. This is, again, very typical and expected.

Please keep an eye on any uptick of activity along the PNW region, and down into Cal. Even a marked increase in smaller quakes could be a warning.

We also now need to see if there will be any effects futher south, especially in near-coastal regions of Peru and down into Chile as well. Those are active regions anyway, but any big jolt somewhere along a major fault zone in the region might have "knock-on" effects. Even if the science on this is not very precise, it's a factor that can't be ignored because energy is on the move in one form or another all the time. The quakes are just evidence of it.

I'd appreciate any members' thoughts. What matters is saying what your gut tells you, even if it says that as far as you're concerned, nothing more is imminent.

Have your say as is your right!

Mike

edit on 7/11/12 by JustMike because: to mention Peru and Chile

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. Yes, the words -- the place names -- can come up with a certain sense of synchronicity. And the feelings can be quite overwhelming.

Thank you so much for posting when you did! As I've said many times in this thread, I encourage people to post what they feel and preferably as soon as they feel they must post.

Your post is a classic example of why this could be so vital in further study as we go along.

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
For the record, here is the Recent Earthquakes map from the Southern California Earthquake Data Center (SCEC) as of just a few minutes ago:

You can access the map at the SCEC Recent Quakes Page. It updates regularly.

Currently it says the map shows 756 quakes in the region. This is the figure for 7 full days and will change as new quakes get logged and ones more than a week ago drop off the map. Please note that while it seems a huge number, it's unusual to see less than 500-something quakes on the map at any time, and quite common to see it in the 600-plus range. 756 is a tad higher than avergae but nothing startling.

Most of these are very, very small quakes and barely felt -- if at all. But I'm posting the map because if the Guatemala quake causes any knock-on effects then we might see an uptick on that map. So, it's worth having it here for comparison.

I'd suggest we post an update map at least once per day for the next week to observe any anomalies. Or, at the very least, to have several of us keeping an eye on the SCEC map. If you notice anything that bothers you then please post it. (I can't be here all the time and I can easily miss things that you'll notice
)

Finally, any members in the regions from BC down to SoCal, please let us know if your animals either have been acting oddly in the past few days or if they suddenly begin to, and you can't link their behavior to obvious and banal causes.

And as always, let us know how you are feeling and what, if anything, you are sensing -- whereever you are!

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Mike and friends....

Thank you all for all the information and watchfulness and your abilities to put it all together. I have to post a little more, and this may well be the post that makes me cross the line from a bit weird but mostly harmless, to god that's freaky get her away from me.

My symptoms haven't subsided at all since the Guatemalan event, apart from almost reducing me to tears. the anxiety is permanent, very level, nothing seems to change it. I've tried exercise, out in the woods with the dog, gorgeous day, lots of sunshine, have taken flower essences, played with crystals, talked it all through with my other half, who is eternally patient and understanding thank god. I even went to the store for cheesy biscuits which usually cure everything, but with no luck. I still want to scream. It's that bad. Someone earlier said a disturbance in the force....that's exactly what it's like...like something has readjusted in a major way and we are yet to see the physical manifestations of that.

Anyway....woo woo time. The thing about the letter. You might be aware of the Jimmy Savile case over here in the UK. I detest the man and all he represents. I hope there is a very hot place reserved for him in Hell. What has been driving me absolutely wild with irritation is the theme tune from his crappy kids programme we used to watch when we were much younger, Jim'll fix it. I CANNOT stop hearing it. Bear in mind what I said about the letter to Guatemala now. This may be the point where you tell me to stop running my mouth and let the adults discuss important things....it's ok...I understand.

The first line of the theme tune was "Your letter was only the start of it...."....I've been hearing it for weeks, it's such a hook and I can't get rid of it. What if the Guatemala letter, and by association the quake, is just the start of something much much bigger?

I'm beyond stressed by these feelings and can't pinpoint the source. I have spent the past 2 decades involved in some kind of spiritual work or other, and am sure I can distinguish between genuine awareness and some kind of false positive feeling, if you want to call it that. I know pretty well how to challenge and dissect the information I've picked up on, and sometimes, it is really nothing. Most other times, it's bang on right. Then I think, well why would I get any kind of warning at all...what good would it do anyone? I can't warn them, change anything, things happen and sometimes we just have to let them. Even if this is correct, is it useful at all?

edit on 7-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Old cat was after young cat an hour ago,
when I was on the phone with my daughter.

Right now, young cat is clawing me & trilling,
wanting attention like yesterday.

Haven't heard from hubby at work yet.

My niece & her husband are in the Caymann's right now.
I'm going to try & see if I can contact her on facebook.
See if they felt anything!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Caitlinfae, from what you've said I gather you understand about "affirmation". The Guatemalan event sounds like affirmation to me. Now we have to see how much further it goes on this occasion.

Things can connect in the oddest of ways. I have posts here where I've tried to explain that aspect from my own perspective, but at the end of the day it comes down to how it works for us individually, as we are all different. I often refer to them as "indicators" and have given my opinion that as this all comes down to energy and we are fundamentally beings of energy ourselves, then we may be affected in ways that are not well understood to current science. Perhaps there are forms of energy involved that are simply not well recognized or even imagined.

However, it may also be that in future, science will "discover" other forms of energy: it would seem absurd that scientists have already discovered all possible energy forms that may exist. So, as we're building up a body of evidence that some of us sense things before they physically manifest, then one day it may be possible to "sense" whatever-it-is with various devices.

For example, it's only been relatively recently that scientists have discovered some quakes cause ionospheric heating. And it is not too many years since the piezoelectric effects of some quakes were confirmed and not mere folk tales, as it were. Ditto that fact that magnetic fields can locally alter just prior to some quakes. What else may be going on?

You mentioned that you're stressed by what you feel and can't pinpoint the source. That's a common problem and several of us have evinced this same matter even within this thread over the past few years. We've also considered another human element, namely that the more people who are seriously impacted by a major event, the more some of us seem to get affected before it happens. This was certainly so with Japan, and many of us recall similar feelings prior to the 2004 Quake and Tsunami and even the Haiti event.

Why or how could human emotion has such effects? Is there a time-transcending factor involved? It seems there might be and eventually the reason why may be explained within the fields of science. Some of them, at least.

But meanwhile, what to do about how we feel? Well again, as we are all different we learn to cope in various ways, but one thing I've found that's helpful is eating foods which contain high levels of melatonin. Oatmeal and sweet corn are two, but there are others as well. It seems to help some of us, at least.

Writing things down also seems to be cathartic in some ways. I doesn't mean anyone has to share what they write but it can be helpful to get the thoughts and feelings out.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thank you for such a kind post and the tips about food. I will definitely try oatmeal tonight to see if that helps at all...fingers crossed.

The bit that struck me most in what you wrote was regarding some possible time issue, like we may be able to pick up on future emotion. Somehow that hit me hard, like I recognise it to be truth. I just hope I'm totally off the mark.

Anyway...thank you all again, and I'm going to try some 80's music and house cleaning to release some of this I hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Music is always good. Sometimes I like to watch a concert of Sarah Chang playing Mendelssohn's 1st Violin Concerto. Always gets my mind off things.

Oh, somewhere in this thread I have a post just on the issues of how I "see" some things and it also relates to the time aspects. I'll see if I can dig it up... Just a minute...

EDIT: HERE it is, from Nov 24 last year. Of course, it's only my take on things -- for what it's worth!
But I'd appreciate it if you'd have a read and tell me if you can relate to it.
The post immediately following is also relevant to what we've been discussing.

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thank you for the link....excellent posts. Have read them a couple of times already and will again...lots of information there to absorb, but basically, i couldn't agree more. We don't know what we don't know yet, and we might well be able to prove sometime soon I hope that we are as human bodies, massive and incredibly sensitive transmitters and receivers of many kinds of energy, and I'm certain we don't even know how most of them work yet, let alone have names for them.

This is a bit like diagnosing a syndrome, in medical terms. It can only happen by a process of exclusion, which is why I'm going though blood tests and so on to make sure I'm fine. I'm pretty certain I am, but I need to know. I understand very well what you mean about affirmation. Sometimes random thoughts are just that, but if we become sensitised to pattern and synchronicity, we will notice that the universe whispers to us all the time. I feel that the earth is a conscious entity, and if we weren't so clouded in electro fog as we are in our alleged civilised world, we might hear her much more clearly. Maybe the birds would be following us out the quake zone before the big one.

I'm going to pay more attention to synchronicity from now on too, maybe keeping a little diary of what occurs to me, or word that repeat. While I was doing the housework, I chose some kinda cheesy 80 stuff by Enya. Silly and girly but weirdly uplifting.
The cd kind of slid off the shelf towards me.The first song on the album was Orinoco Flow, and the Orinoco is in Venezuela....just saying....probably nuthin....

Your point about Bolivia appearing as a red image or word struck home. When I think about that might be the place I'm picking up on, I see a long red line off the west coast of the Americas, all the way from north of Vancouver to Chile. I've never seen it on a map, only as an image in my head. I have no idea what it means, if anything.

In some plane or dimension, if all time is present at the same moment, then we should be able to access information easily if we can train ourselves to do it. I don't think there is any problem with being even a lot esoteric about this, although I understand why you might chose your moment to introduce it. Being trapped in the five senses limits us so much.

My most pressing problem right now though, is that I fed half the cheesy biscuits to the dog and they've made him a little windy.............

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I have been putting this off for a while. Something inside of me is telling me that I need to post now.

Sometimes I know things are going to happen before they happen. They are just little things, never anything that would really matter to anyone. A couple examples would be: knowing which softball team my daughter is going to play for, before the coach even calls. She was 5 at the time and my husband was asking her what she thought her team would be. I was in the bath at the time and could hear them through the door and I yelled out "the Marlins", and the Marlins it was. My husband has a habit of trimmimg his nails with scissors ( I know, not very smart) he has been doing this for 18 years and has never cut himself. One day he was in the bathroom trimming away and I walked by and said "you're going to cut yourself", it wasn't a minute later and I heard him cursing. He had cut his finger. There are other things too, but that's just a couple. And I know they aren't life changing by any stretch of the imagination, but after a while people start to pay attention. I did predict the winner of the Kentucky Derby here. It is in a post somewhere on ATS.

So anyway, I came to this post to tell you all that I have a terrible feeling that something huge is going to happen soon. I keep hearing earthquake in my head, and I keep telling myself to be quiet. Myself won't listen....

I saw the 7.4 that happened earlier today, that is not it.
I know that I probably sound crazy and that a lot of people won't believe me, but I was compelled to share this with you. Just remember 7.4 is nothing compared to what I am feeling. It will effect us.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, there are many things we don't know. Or at least, which we as people once knew but which are now needing to be re-discovered and re-learned.

Much of what is often seen as "esoteric" and scoffed at by many, most probably has a physical basis. It's just that the basis is not now so well understood as it once may have been. Among some so-called "primitive" peoples, they have in their communities people who are respected for their abilities to sense things that are beyond the range of many. Some can feel a storm approaching well before any around them can -- and when they give their warnings. they are heeded. People do not concern themselves with how they know, they simply accept that they do.

Some years ago I read some anecdotal reports of native people who had ones among them who forewarned them of earthquakes. I cannot recall precisely where but I believe it was somewhere in Sth America. At the time I read it I simply wondered about it -- for in those days I never related my own feelings to quakes -- but now I can see that such people would be quite useful to have around for anyone living in regions prone to larger quakes.

Receivers and transmitters of energy. Yes. And who knows at how many levels that works?

As for time, it's something that will "endlessly" fascinate us, I expect.
But if energy exists independently of time, or time is mutable depending on the energy component in the same region of "space" then who know what may be "seen"?

You mentioned the red line down the coast from Nth of Vancouver all the way to Sth America. Thayt sounds like the red lines commonly used on maps to show the edges of the tectonic plates. An in the coastal regions of the western side of the Americas, the lines often correspond to the subduction zones, where the oceanic plates collide with the continental ones -- the regions where the most powerful quakes generally occur.

The Orinoco Flow. Yes, an intersting song. It covers quite a list of regions. Take a look at the wiki page about the song here and it lists them.

Fascinating that song was one you were drawn to.

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

I saw the 7.4 that happened earlier today, that is not it.
I know that I probably sound crazy and that a lot of people won't believe me, but I was compelled to share this with you. Just remember 7.4 is nothing compared to what I am feeling. It will effect us.

Exactly......that's not it. Not even close. There is something much bigger in the works.

Again...Mike...thank you for the post, I will look at the locations in the song again, and keep posting anything I feel/hear/sense/intuit.

Sleep well everyone...talk tomorrow.

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join