It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to chime in here too.
I get major pre earthquake "symptoms" before quakes. Not necessarily large quakes on the scale, but ones that involve large losses of life. And a wave has come over me in the past 10 min or so that is bad.
Hope I am wrong, but I'm pretty accurate.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh, one more item -- and this is for everyone. Or anyone.

My attention has been drawn to two issues. One is that there are several nuclear reactors in the world that are close to or within active fault regions that are large enough to cause potentially very damaging quakes. Most are in Japan and Taiwan, and those in Taiwan have particularly attracted my notice in the past few days. (We all know about Japan's Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster, so I am referring to other potential problems.

Another that is bothersome is the pair of reactors at Diablo Canyon on the central California coast.

I just want to mention these concerns and give some more details on these two places that specifically concern me:

Taiwan -- especially its Shanjiao fault and its proximity to both the Jinshan nuclear power plant and the Kuosheng nuclear power plant. Also some risks from the subduction zone off the east coast of Taiwan. Possible "domino" effects on other, smaller faults on the island, similar to some of what was seen in Japan (on land after the large offshore event).

California -- the Diablo Canyon Power Plant (they leave "Nuclear" out of its formal name, apparently), which is right by the coast and also not too far from both the Hosgri and San Andreas faults. The plant was upgraded to withstand a M 7.5 event but the SAF has produced larger ones than that in the past. (cf the 1906 SF quake was Mw 7.8.) However, the plant is not really close to the SAF, just within the general vicinity. Hosgri is quite close by. All the same its location is not what I'd call ideal.

One reason? There is also some possible risk from the suduction zone further north (the CSZ), capable of producing a tsunami that could sweep down the coast even past Califonia. In addition, a major quake in the CSZ or even the SAF could lead to fault instability on more local faults, such as the Hosgri.

None of the above is by way of direct prediction, by the way. It's just letting you know of a couple of places that have specifically attracted my attention in the past couple of days. Taiwan came up first, then its situation with nuclear power use (and the location of some of its plants near faults), then this led me to the Diablo Canyon situation.

My summary is to explain why these concerns are not entirely without basis. Hence I'm keeping an eye on them. Especially Taiwan.

Mike

edit on 1/11/12 by JustMike because: Edited for a few typos. This edit completed at 15:49 my local time Nov 1, 2012. (14:49 UTC)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In reference to my concerns about Taiwan, here's an article in the Taiwan Review from Nov 24, 2009, which specifically discusses the fault line issue in respect of the nearby nuclear power plants. (It's in English... )

Most disturbing in light of what has happened in Japan since that article was written.

The chances for a major subduction event in the southernmost part of the Ryuku Subduction Zone off the central eastern coast of Taiwan are also a worry, because there is the estimated potential for quakes there up to Mw 8.7 (versus Japan 2011's Mw 9.0).

You can read a brief synopsis (with maps) in Geophysical Research Letters here.

From the opening summary in the above:

Key Points

The shallow portion of southernmost Ryukyu subduction zone is fully locked
The potential threat from ~Mw 8 tsunami earthquakes cannot be ignored
The region with active back-arc rifting is capable of producing large events

I had not even studied up on this before, but a couple of days ago it just came to me to start researching Taiwan in some more depth. Well, it woke me up in the middle of the night, to be precise. Not a dream, just woke up and realized I needed to consider Taiwan.

That's one of the articles I found. (Plus the other one linked first in this post.)

If there are any typos in this post I'll just leave them. I won't be editing this post.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I agree JustMike. This is something that should be watched intensely.
I would like to throw in the Nuclear Power plant that is relatively close to
the Louisiana Sink hole, as one to watch as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Did someone say Japan?

It sure has been quite there............

edit on 1-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

It has been, thankfully. The Japanese are have suffered way too much already. I'll only get nervous about Japan if they see some major action around the triple junction just down by Shizuoka and Yokohama, or if there's a mag 7-plus along another section of a major subduction zoen off their S/SE coastal regions.

My main concerns are elsewhere for now.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Headache and fogginess and nausea hitting full force tonight. Goodnight all........

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

This is exactly what I get...how I have come to explain what happened to me before and during the japan quake (and why).

I have felt like something is building up again here the past few weeks. The Queen Charlotte quake has made me really uneasy. Did yo know some hot springs on the island shut off? Interesting tid bit.

Just....things are unsettled.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You can buy these little radio kits from NASA meant for kids to listen to Very Low Frequencies.

theinspireproject.org...

If you are interested in earthquake prediction those are neat little toys to get you started in research.

Many of the earthquakes we are getting now are from Earth getting rammed with solar flares. 2 CME's left the sun on 27 October and headed our way. The are hyper charging up Earth right now as we speak and will cause Earthquakes and bad weather storms.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I know this sounds hinkey, but Obi wan Kenobi explained it best...." I sense a disturbance in the force."
For the record, it has not gone away. I'm usually between 24-48 hours ahead of whatever it is that's coming.
Still hoping it's just too much coffee or something I ate

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is feeling worse than last year and the Japan quake by far.

Peace

edit on 2-11-2012 by lasertaglover because: tmi lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Last night I thought I would burst from eq signs. But I wonder again if the sun is the culprit at times. Of the three Coronal Mass Ejections launched from the sun today, only one might strike a small glancing blow, but three CME's in one day is pretty powerful, and pretty rare. Most of us that post here are pretty darn accurate, and when we have had a "miss", as Mike calls it, I have noticed unusual solar activity.

www.spaceweather.com...

My feelings are still there, but not as strong. I am still standing by my prediction, but this concept of solar activity influencing us "pre-cognitives" is something I am really going to start tracking.

This thread has been wonderful for me, and the people on it really beautiful and genuine. I have had a number of "hits", and learned that empathy seems to be something most of us share.

Thank you all for your courage. Many people are skeptical to this notion that we can detect eqs, but I think our cummulative records are amazing.

Peace and love

edit on 3-11-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I'm feeling a slight abatement of my symptoms today as well, so you may be onto something there, LTL. I'm glad you are tracking things. The results may prove very interesting. I am also wondering if it's Sandys destruction and subsequent sorrow that's got my spidey senses going as the death toll continues to climb.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
double post
edit on 3-11-2012 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Nyiah
That wasn't where she meant at all, she pointed out the PNW very adamantly on our globe ("No, not by our house, HERE")

Has she shown a knowledge of how to use the globe or was it some kind of instinctive pointing?

She has where we live memorized, and that's about it. I don't think she's quite at the age of being able to comprehend & retain large scale location knowledge. She knows most places are far away, and some are close. That's pretty much the gist of her planetary interpretation.

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by Nyiah

So this leads me to wonder how (or why) your daughter indicated the PNW on the globe. I must emphasize: I am not doubting your word that she did; I'm simply curious. Would it be possible to ask her how she knew where to point? Or, to put it another way, why she pointed to the PNW and knew for certain that that region is nowhere near where you live. Without specific schooling (even at home), most children of her age would have little concept of the relative distances involved.

Not wishing to pre-empt your reply, but I'm wondering if that within her dream, she saw either a map or a globe with the quake region indicated on it. As I said, children often have extremely good visual memory. Also, if she heard something within her dream -- a news report, pehaps -- then it might have given her the verbal information to know that the quake was not near her home but quite far away.

The truly puzzling thing though is that you don't watch TV news in your home anyway. However, do you recall if there have been any recent documentaries on TV that she might have seen? Unlikely as they're usually on later in the evening I would expect, but just asking.

She certainly could have had a dream about maps or globes, and incidents anywhere on one. It's also possible that she could have seen a little of any given NatGeo or History docu, but we haven't watched any docus on them lately, since both channels seem interested in peddling more garbage reality shows more than science or historical information/theories recently (big pet peeve of mine with them) I'd say the last documentary we saw on either channel was probably....4 or 5 weeks ago? I think this timeframe might allow for at least disjointed memory recall on the subject, no?

For what it's worth, she is still insisting that that area is going to have a very big earthquake soon. when I asked "When do you think that 'soon' time is?" she was a little irritated & huffy and reiterated, "SOON!" I'm not sure how to try to see how much more specific she can clarify without potentially leading or confusing her?

My husband proposed that we simply watch the area with an open mind. In his opinion, if people can claim kids can be sensitive to the paranormal, then logically they may also be sensitive to the earth's signals & signs as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response.

Certainly, your daughter could well have recalled something she had seen some weeks previously. Or even months ago. However, the fact that she remains so adamant is quite something and not so typical for what was simply dreamed. It's as if she recalls certain details very vividly indeed.

About the problem with "soon": there is no way to really resolve this. I'd expect her time concept is not all that well developed yet, so for her, "soon" is simply a relative idea and probably means something like "not unimaginably far into the future". Any attempt to try and elicit it further by asking things like "do you mean a few sleeps or lots of sleeps?" won't help a great either as it depends on her own relative understanding of "few" versus "lots of".

Far better, I feel, just to leave it be. If she volunteers anything further then by all means follow up on within the framework of her own conceptual ability, but otherwise, just wait and see what eventuates.

Regarding your husband's comment about children and sensing the paranormal, I'd have to agree. There is that aspect. Additionally, there are cases of children recalling "past lives" in great detail, including things they could not possibly have learned through any normal means. It seems that as they get older they forget these details and it's only when they are documented that we have more than anecdotal evidence.

And then there are children who -- when very young -- are able to speak a foreign language that they could not have learned from their family or anywhere within their environment. And most commonly, as they get a little older, they lose that knowledge and forget the language.

The point I'm making here is that the ability to sense our environment, both spatially and temporally, may be far greater in children than we imagine, but as they get older much of that ability seems to be lost in most cases. My feeling is that much of it is effectively repressed by the common demands of our societies. They have to learn to to talk, to read and write and count -- and adapt to the everyday, physical world around them. So practicalities come into play and their abilities to sense things their parents and older siblings cannot, gradually declines or gets buried.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know what others are feeling but for the past two days my daughter and I have had some intense fatigue and a generally feeling of, for lack of a better descriptor, drunkenness. Of course, that could be explained by copious amounts of alcohol consumed while otherwise dehydrated, but we don't drink alcohol at all, so no grounds for that sort of neurotoxicity. Today is worse than yesterday. My daughter actually fainted in the morning upon rising.

I don't know whether this is EQ related or just a general acknowledgement of some other change going on. Whatever the cause, it's pretty overwhelming. I've had a sensation of vibration in the soles of my feet for over 24 hours now. It's the same feeling I get after a very strong meditation or healing session. My hands and feet are also extraordinarily hot.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I've actually felt similar! Yesterday arvo I was on the computer editing some wedding shots I'd taken and I had to stop and cradle my head in my hands,I felt so instantly dizzy, then after less than a minute it disappeared. Very odd! Am always fatigued, but I still can't shake just a general anxious feeling. (that's not related to my regular anxiety issues)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I just woke up from a 12 hour sleep. Normal for me is half that. I have a raging headache, which is actually why I couldn't stay awake any of the few times I woke up earlier. The pain is pretty intense. Feeling a bit sick to my stomach from it. *NOTE: I do not suffer from migraines*

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Hope your headache passes quickly! Strange again, yesterday I had a raging headache that I could not shake a couple hours after the dizzy spell, I completely forgot about it, I rarely suffer from them too, but my sister and mother get them so bad they have to lie in the dark and throw up, so I'm grateful mine are rare! Could your extra long sleep cause it?

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join