It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't know if being witchy and surly counts in the observations, but I have been very much witchy and surly (and it's not even that time of the month for me yet, or I'd just write it off as PMS) I've felt short & easily irritated since the morning of the 7.7. That attitude had prompted me to check the USGS throughout the day, and just prior to it popping up on the list, I'd felt compelled to watch the west coast of the US and not leave the page. I'm pretty sure the look on my face was priceless when it did show on the map! I've thought about that these last few days, and I think I'm convinced to start logging whenever I feel "off" like that in the future.

What had me come back to this thread again was a disturbing dream this morning, though. I had dreamed about checking the USGS after my husband and I argued about whether or not he'd felt any ground movement. He had turned out to be right, and a 6.5 had occurred in the Gulf of Mexico just south of Louisiana's western section by TX. I woke right up and checked the USGS for real, finding nothing, but honestly, for a dream, it disturbed me more than usual. It's more than likely just all in my head from the past few days' worth of excitement over the 7.7 --too much exposure to the same subject. Take it for what you will, it's not a prediction. Like I said, it's probably just EQ overexposure on my part.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Still not having any of my normal eq signs, but all of you are scaring the crap out of me.

Insomnia, yep. Crabby as hell, yep. Every morning waking up with flu like symptoms that are gone within an hour or two until the next morning, yep. Munchies, yep. Occasional dizziness, yep.

And without any of my other normal eq signs, still 100% believing something wicked is coming.

One other thing to note, my empathy is like on uber overdrive and has been for several days. Everyones emotions around me are like reading an open book. And I am projecting my emotions around me like laser beams.

With every post I am seeing in here lately, I keep saying, "How in the hell are they having the same damn physical signs"?? And that is why I wanted to add the empathy part.

Anway, stay safe you all.

Peace and love

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Strangely enough I have also had a dream about a large quake in the GOM.

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you Mr. Puter. One more silly question and then I will let you get back to sifting through all of the data for the last 36 hours, why doesn't (or does it) the Gulf of Mexico experience quakes? There don't seem to be any known faults in the area.

I had a silly dream that doesn't belong in this thread, but is the reason for my curiosity.

on Quake watch thread. April 12th 2012.

I don't know the magnitude, but I do know that it caused a tsunami large enough to put my step-son in danger in Pensacola, FL. I awoke very panicked wanting immediately to drive down there and pick him up. Luckily nothing like that has happened, but it is one of my most memorable dreams to date.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yup yup yup...all of that and more. Symptoms are not so bad at the moment, but someone mentioned pms. Well I feel like I have it but I know from the calendar that I absolutely don't, but the sensitivity/empathy thing you're talking about is there and really strong. I don't usually get that unless I m premenstrual. It's so bad sometimes that when I handle meat at work (I work in a deli), I can hear it screaming like it's just been slaughtered. I'm vegetarian, in case you're wondering.......

Hopefully we will all get a decent night's sleep tonight. I seem to have given my lovely boyfriend my earthquake sensitivity now too, if that's what it actually is...last night he had a dream about a tsunami that was inland, but it disappeared like it was falling down a ravine. Very odd for him.

Sweet dreams all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly

Well, a second night of only four hours sleep!
Was tired, but not sleepy, if that makes any sense!
[snippy]

I thought whoa, does falling barometric pressure bother 'quake' people too?

Just came in & looked at USGS & saw the 6.3 aftershock,
& the 5.4 & 5.5, but they were too early to fit.

Then oldest daughter called to ask me something, & she was pretty cranky too!
Sooo....is there a bigger one still coming, or is Sandy bothering them???
If that's the case, I would never want to live in a hurricane prone area with them!!!

Sure hope it's not a bigger quake!
WOQ

"Tired but not sleepy." Yep, I know just what you mean! Last few nights I've been going to bed because that's what people do, but getting a decent sleep just wasn't happening!

About the falling barometric pressure -- I think this affects many people. In fact where I live, it's so commonly recognized that people who are having one of those off days often put it down to "nizky tlak" (low [baro] pressure) when that is actually happening.

I'm also hoping there won't be a bigger quake, but then, like most of us, I wouldn't wish a megaquake on my worst enemies (even if I had any). All the same I will only breathe easier after some days have passed and it becomes less likely that the mag 7.7 in BC on Oct 28 was a foreshock to a larger event.

Meanwhile, I go around dog tired, but not sleepy. Feels like I've drunk a gallon of coffee. And the funny thing is, I'm trying to drink less of the stuff so it doesn't wire me too much!

Mike

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hmmm, nizky tlak'! I love it!
I'm going to use it. Is it pronounced like it's spelled?
I mean are the vowels pronounced differently from English ones ,
like a lot of languages are?
Are there specific symptoms that are attributable to it or just general ones?
Any words for quake feelings?

I would be surprised if you are feeling our storm that far away,
soooo....there must be another quake brewing!
Sure hope not!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Yeah, I doubt that a storm off the US coast is going to affect me much in the middle of Europe. I've nevr noticed any problem in that regard except with weather in my own region. I can sometimes feel storms coming, though, when the sky's still blue and all is calm.

Lots of Czech letters and words are pronounced quite differently from how they might look to someone who doesn't know the Czech alphabet, but "nizky tlak" is pronounced pretty much how it looks. Not exactly, but close. The main thing is not to make the "i" sound into a dipthong as some Americans do, who make "kid" sound like kee-yid. In this case, the "i" is a slightly long one and not a really short one, so the word sounds something like "neez-ky". And the "a" is short. It's close to the sound in "up".

Nizky tlak! (First syllable stress.)

End of Czech lesson.
Back to the main subject...

Symptoms with low air pressure? Aches and pains more than usual. With a some people, headaches and even dizziness, or difficulty with breathing. It depends so much on the person's physical condition. I get the aches, mostly.

Any words for quake feelings? I'm not sure if there are any offical ones, but anyone reading through the past few pages here (or the week or so in this thread before the Japan quake) would get a fair list.

Oh, you mean Czech ones, maybe? I honestly don't know. There are very few people I discuss that sort of thing with and generally we use English, as all my work colleagues who are Czech speak excellent English anyway.

MIke

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So my daughter had a dream last night that made her very afraid, and quite frankly, scared the crap out of me.

She remembers a large earthquake, but no details as the dream sped forward a bit. Next she remembers being near us in Detroit, but that it was now an island as the eq had changed the land. All of the tall buildings were knocked down, and she said that she somehow knew that other cities south of us were just gone.

She remembers her and me trying to find her mom, my ex, and that I got shot by bad guys, but I kept going. When we found her mom, she was shot up pretty bad, but I lifted her on my back and carried her to where we had hid my sons.

Once there she said that we found out that my shot was clean, and had gone straight through me, but her Mom was in bad shape. We knew we had to get past the gangs to get to the national guard and safety.

As we made our way, my middle son ran off and I got shot again right before we made it to the soldiers. She woke up screaming at 3am this morning because she said I went back to find her brother.

She is 13, president of her middle school student council, a cheerleader and a martial artist. She has not had a nightmare in years, and she is the toughest young lady I have ever known, and not afraid of much.

I dont know what to make of it. She cried until she fell back asleep, and repeated her dream exactly the same to me before school as when she woke up screaming.

I cried for an hour as soon as she fell back asleep.

Felt I needed to record it here.

Peace

edit...i dont know why, but tears are streaming down my face right now again...very emotional, but just thankful I am not having any eq signs

Love
edit on 31-10-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Im on edge....

The New Madrid is my concern this morning... just wanted to post my feelings.

Last night I ate chocolate before going to sleep. I dreamed my son was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.

My step son died after a five yr battle with leukemia in 99 and all I could think in my dream was NO... crying hysterically and barely could move in my dream. I just have this feeling of dread.

Im sure its the chocolate... but there is always that "what if"?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For those that are a little empathic, I think we better buckle up for the ride during the cleanup of Sandy. I also have the feeling of dread that I can't quite put my finger on.

I can only do my best not to watch the coverage as it literally makes me sick to my stomache. I feel those people's pains as if I was there with them.

As far as quake feelings, the top of my head still has pressure and my ears have been getting very quick sharp pains. It is like a zing that hits hard and then is gone. Sometime accompanied with a ring but most often not. Weird?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah that chocolate before bed is bad. Halloween will bring many bad dreams tonight.

I can attribute every vivid bad dream I can remember to eating chocolate 1 hour or less before bed.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
Yeah that chocolate before bed is bad.

Send all you chocolates to me, then, as I never have any problems with chocolate, only when it ends.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Chocolate seems to give me weird dreams, too. I try to refrain from eating it before bed if I can.

Has anyone's younger kids also had any dreams or proclamations about earthquakes lately, too? My 4 year old just woke (1am) and dropped a doozy on me. She was insistent that there's going to be a "very big, huge erfquake" very soon, and that it was important to try to tell people right now. I initially thought she meant near us, in the GoM region, and tried to reassure her that wasn't likely. That wasn't where she meant at all, she pointed out the PNW very adamantly on our globe ("No, not by our house, HERE")

All of the hairs on the back of my neck are still standing, it was so out of the blue. We haven't discussed the BC quake in the household at all, let alone other quake-prone regions, and don't watch the boob tube news. I don't know where she got the idea that the PNW is going to have a big one soon *shivers*

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
On a more serious tone than in my previous post, the possible "interference" of food and drink in everybody's feelings should be considered, seeing that some people are affected by chocolate (and probably coffee, tea and things like that), so making a list of what was eaten each day may show some correlation between those feelings and the food.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
That wasn't where she meant at all, she pointed out the PNW very adamantly on our globe ("No, not by our house, HERE")

Has she shown a knowledge of how to use the globe or was it some kind of instinctive pointing?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Armap....excellent point about food diaries. I'm watching very carefully what I eat and how it affects me, so that I can be sure of the source of the feelings I get. Or not. I'm still very confused about some of it. Food generally affects us more than we realise and if we are sensitive, or empathic in other ways, this might be heightened too. Just a thought.

As for me today...still the IBS, leg pain feelings from yesterday, disturbed sleep yet again, and winter prepping is at full tilt. Something, somewhere, is in the works.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Crumbs...

Normally, as you all know, I tend to downplay things. Suggest that we always consider other possible factors in any feelings we get. Or with dreams and so on.

But now?

People, I have to tell you that the rather bad feelings I was having in the week before the Oct 28 mag 7.7 BC quake have returned. Full on. Medically I'm fine. This is not a "depression" issue or anything like that. I'm actually pretty positive, mentally. This is different. I can only put it down to an external influence, and what I am feeling right now couple with what you folks have been poting in the past couple of days is worriesome.

I wondered: could it be the effects of Sandy and its aftemath. Empathic responses? Perhaps for some, yes. But I am not normally overly troubled by such things unless the casualties are horrendously high.

Okay, have to say it: I suspect another large quake is coming and if past experience is anything to go by, then it's within a week at the outside. More likely within three days.

Location? I hate to even think. I am very concerned with indications for the PNW as it is still within the window for the mag 7.7 to be a foreshock to a larger event. And Nyiah's post about her daughter is most concerning. Children just say what they think and sometimes we don;t know how they even get their information, but there it is.

I sincerely hope it won't be that, not that hoping does a lot.

But seems that whatever is on the near horizon it has to be a very significant quake event. Bigger than that 7.7? Possibly, but magnitude is not the only factor. Location matters, big-time. The Haiti quake was less than 7.7 (a 7.0 in fact) and look what happened there.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Unless it was the small CME that hit yesterday, my signs are also all there.

Spent most of the day yesterday fighting back tears from my daughters dream that I posted yesterday.

Woke up early today, ear ringing, pressure all around me, and every single other thing I feel.

I pray it is the cme, or post sandy empathy, but I have been saying for two weeks that something wicked is coming.

I still, like always, have no idea of direction. My daughters dream of the midwest is still resonating in my head, but not my heart, which is where the eq feelings live.

I feel and believe this will be big and bad, and I pray that it does not happen at all.

Peace and love my friends, stay safe. If you are in an area that is overdue, please look to nature, she tends to warn better than us.

Three days.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My goodness,

I must say there have been times where I purposely haven't read this thread when I'm "feeling" something. I do this so that I don't "carry" the feelings of this thread on to myself. I like to determine me from everyone else, if I can. If you notice my short posts about noted feelings I am usually just documenting it and stepping away before reading others posts.

This is one of those times where I can't determine if I am feeling dread from Sandy or something coming down the pipeline.....

It is a work in progress I guess. Unfortunately, I am not good at meditating. My mind just won't stop going. Lately I have been working on prayer and white light surrounding me. When I picture this white light it drifts off and my mind goes back to the grocery list or bills that need to be payed, but it offers a few minutes of calm.

The best to all. Hopefully if Mother Earth shakes it will be somewhere with the least damage.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Trying to compose my thoughts again for this reply. (Not easy right now.)

Okay... Nyiah, as you probably know, very young children typically have little real comprehension of relative distances between places, and also do not comprehend relative periods of time so well either. However, they often have excellent visual and aural memory as these are so vital to their ability to assimilate huge amounts of new information in such a short period of time.

So this leads me to wonder how (or why) your daughter indicated the PNW on the globe. I must emphasize: I am not doubting your word that she did; I'm simply curious. Would it be possible to ask her how she knew where to point? Or, to put it another way, why she pointed to the PNW and knew for certain that that region is nowhere near where you live. Without specific schooling (even at home), most children of her age would have little concept of the relative distances involved.

Not wishing to pre-empt your reply, but I'm wondering if that within her dream, she saw either a map or a globe with the quake region indicated on it. As I said, children often have extremely good visual memory. Also, if she heard something within her dream -- a news report, pehaps -- then it might have given her the verbal information to know that the quake was not near her home but quite far away.

The truly puzzling thing though is that you don't watch TV news in your home anyway. However, do you recall if there have been any recent documentaries on TV that she might have seen? Unlikely as they're usually on later in the evening I would expect, but just asking.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join