It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hmm... I thought I would be a complete wreck this morning with having some wicked insomnia last night, but I'm feeling tingly charged up. I also thought I would wake up uber grumpy since the Tigers got whipped last night, but again, I'm feeling detached from any negativity. I woke up my three kids singing up a storm, zippity doo da in fact.

I did have two ear rings last night, one at 1:15, & the other around 5ish, but they were short.

Been tracking Sandy like crazy, but hurricane tracking has been an obsession of mine ever since I surfed Hugo when I lived in florida as a dumb @ss teen.

So no real signs, but I just have this feeling that something really big is brewing.

Hope you all have a strongly positive day.

Peace and love

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I completely missed "feeling" this one.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 28-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: To add my source.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Same here, nada. I will admit that after then tension of last week, and my fear for friends of mine on the Easr coast due to Sandy, that I have been very indisposed in many ways this evening for the first time in a long time. I'm a divorced dad with my kids, and this was my first free night in a year.

Personally, I thought something might happen later this week near the New Madrid due to the crazy pressures that frakenstorm might lay down, but wow. I hope that people are safe.

I know I am going to be 100% fixated on sandy from tomorrow on out, but in a weird way, I'm glad that I didnt feel the pain that I feel when I get "those" feelings.

Praying for everyones safety.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We sure didn't feel as much as we should have for one that size either.

We were out of town tonight, driving back hubby said he couldn't
wait to get home & check the eq's! He was driving like he was tired.
Would ride the rumble strips every once in a while on a straight stretch!

But we both only had about four hours sleep last night,
so I thought that was it.
He did have the wrinkle on his right cheek that I see sometimes
before 6 quakes. Just thought it was the lack of sleep too.

After we got home I was tripping all over my feet.
Thought from being tired too! I had checked the quakes about 10 minutes before it happened.
Walked into the living room to watch the Weather Channel to see how soon to expect Sandy,
just in time to hear them mention something about the Pacific Northwest & more as it becomes available!

Ran back to the computer & there it was!
So yeah, sure didn't get all the regular stuff. Maybe just too tired & numb!!!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm thinking this ties into my dogs behavior and my sinus pressure/headaches these past couple weeks.

Feeling like this isn't the end of it.......Oh. And keep watching Oklahoma.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Glad you checked in. Hopefully after reading some of this stuff, the quake hasn't unsettled things further south.

Everytime OK gets a bump I think of you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Foreshock? I dont want to go there at all, but it definitely might be.

Something else is coming. I mentioned it earlier this week. For the record, I am not having my feelings at all, but I just 100% believe this next week is going to be bad somewhere. I really hope not there, cause I had a horrible dream about that region that I posted somewhere in this thread a while back. But something is coming soon.

Please stay safe. I have much respect for you.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

People laughed at me here and buried my thread when I said watch Juan de Fuca anytime Vanuatu gets really nasty.

within one month very large oblique thrust shallow quake north of Juan de Fuca

could very well be the foreshock, who can know?

how many people dreamed of tsunamis this week?
*raises hand*

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Well me too....I've had a bad bad feeling about the whole Pacific north west for a long time, and a couple of very bad symptom days recently, and the dream the other night about people trying to escape a building (think I posted it here)....bah...it really doesn't feel good at all. The earth will do what she wants...I just hope everyone is ok at the end of the upheaval.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

so here we have pretty big one, in the troublesome region that many of us have had our eye on for quite a while now. That mag 7.7 early today (UTC) was very shallow. USGS has it at 17.5 km, which would place it about right for a subduction zone event.

I'm not sure if it is the big one, but we can only hope that this is not a foreshock -- in the way that the mag 7.3 quake off the Japan coast two days before their mega-quake was actually a foreshock to that one. However, the possibility cannot be excluded, especially as this event is just past the northern end of that particular subduction zone line. The reason why this could be significant is that some researchers believe that if a major quake occurs in the subduction zone it will start at one end and then travel along its length.

The absolute worst case would be a movement along the zone's entire length as this would (overall) generate the most powerful quake and also could create a massive tsunami.

Seeing that big quake on the USGS map today -- I check the quake maps every day as soon as I can after waking -- well, it wasn't a huge surprise... You might have noticed my absence in the past few days. In fact, besides a single post in Board Business on Oct 21, my last public posts on ATS before then (on Oct 20) were here in this thread.

My very last post on this thread before today -- this one is where I discussed the problems of URM buildings and especially in relation to the PNW (specifically Seattle and environs) and posted a video where experts talk about exactly this matter there. I also mention the general threat of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, and the inability of TPTB to bite the bullet and provide needed funding to lessen the potential human losses for the quake that must happen one day.

True, I have posted about the CSZ several times in this thread and elsewhere, but that was my last post before today.

Also -- as staff can confirm -- I have not been doing anything much by way of moderator duties in the past three or four days, which is unusual for me as normally I'm active in at least a dozen "staff only" threads every day. In fact since Tuesday I'd spent maybe four or five hours total logged in, versus my typical average of 6 to 8 hours per day. (And often much longer.)

I posted in a staff thread that my lack of input was because of some things going on in real life. It's true: the fact is, I've just not been up to doing much. The past four or five nights in a row my sleep has been badly disturbed, and normally I don't have this problem. I kept waking up every couple of hours and just felt very uneasy. Even this morning I woke up at around 2 am my time and it took a while to get back to sleep.

I still don't feel a lot better, really.
But hey, I've just got up after another rotten night. Hopefully things will quieten down.

On the plus side, that region has seen some big quakes in the historical past without them turning into full-on megathrust events. If I recall correctly there was a low mag 8 event around there in the 1940s, for example. So this event doesn't have to mean that a bigger one will follow. But we need to accept that it could and therefore I'd suggest that people lving in near-coastal regions in the PNW at least have their ears open and have their bug-out bags at the ready. Chances are you won't need them but it's better to be ready just in case.

Mike

edit on 28/10/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just got a really loud and sharp ear ring.

Something bigger is coming soon.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, a second night of only four hours sleep!
Was tired, but not sleepy, if that makes any sense!
When I thought maybe finally I could sleep.....
I got a link to the live Waikiki web cam!

Had to watch 'til I was sure everyone would be safe!
We used to live in Hawaii & still have friends there,
so I was concerned if it would amount to anything.

We've been battening down the hatches, getting ready for Sandy.
Hubby had a spell of way over the top crankiness about three hours ago.
I thought whoa, does falling barometric pressure bother 'quake' people too?

Just came in & looked at USGS & saw the 6.3 aftershock,
& the 5.4 & 5.5, but they were too early to fit.

Then oldest daughter called to ask me something, & she was pretty cranky too!
Sooo....is there a bigger one still coming, or is Sandy bothering them???
If that's the case, I would never want to live in a hurricane prone area with them!!!

Sure hope it's not a bigger quake!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

same here.

hubby and I both got the sharp loud ringing at the same time.

I really hope its nothing, but my dogs are very "wired" today. Maybe just the moon I hope.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oh, no!
I can't pooh, pooh it, if someone else thinks something is still coming too!
Too much going on at one time folks!!!

WOQ slowly walks away, while pondering how advanced the PTB's
methods could really be???!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I have experienced the same as you since last week. Intuition is a bitch when you cant put your finger on what makes you store energy and just feel uneasy. I even cried to alleviate the emotional pressure. It felt like I was crying for lots of people, pets, we had no idea about this newest state of emergency on either coast.

I appreciate your post as it validates my not being alone.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

My ears started ringing a little while ago too,
steady, but not real loud yet.

Both cats are sleeping, they have been a lot lately.
Even though I sat down at the computer, neither of them even looked up.
So if either one suddenly heads for under the desk,
that will be a sure sign!

Whoa, ringing really ramping up as I type this, & my right eardrum
is vibrating. I think it's only done that twice before.
I hate THAT feeling! It's like having an itch that you can't reach to scratch it!!!

Stay safe everyone!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A little shocked to hear how many of us are experiencing insomnia at the same time. Its been about a week since I have had good sleep, or more than five hours in a night.

Also just had another ear ring just now, but not as intense.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well I feel like crap this morning....all my symptoms are back, ears are ringing and popping, and that humming noise in the background was back last night big time. Maybe I have a howling food intolerance and can't eat a cheese sandwich ever again cos of what it does to me (I have to confess to one yesterday
), or there is something else going on entirely. And my sleep has been rubbish too...grumpy and disturbed and I feel exhausted this morning. I just can't pin it down to what causes it...it's very unsettling.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh my, symptoms in full swing today. NO sleep last night, cold pressure in head, nausea, and achy bones. If I didn't know better I might think I have the flu.

Gah - hope this ends soon, I have lots of Halloween prep to do.

ETA - Should have went to Quake Watch first, maybe this is the cause?

earthquake.usgs.gov...
3.9 Parkin, Arkansas.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well another night of not enough sleep.
Went to bed at midnight, don't know what time I finally fell asleep.
Was wide awake again at 5!

My sister lives in the next town 10 miles away.
She just told me her cat has been hiding in the hall closet for days.
Only comes out to eat & go, then runs right back in!
All mine are still doing is sleeping.
Old cat did come up & jump in the bed at 5 after I was awake,
but hadn't peeled myself out from under the covers yet!
He's never come up that early before.
Maybe there was a small quake closer to here that isn't listed yet.

Hubby called from work about a half hour ago & asked if anything is going on.
Said he's feeling 'freaky, freaky'!!! Picture a 6 foot guy saying that!

I am a little antsy, & have the munchies like I usually get at night before quakes.
Have the energy burst again too.
There have been a few lost dogs & cats listed on Facebook in the last few days too.

I guess this will be a good experiment to see if this could be Sandy related too!
Anyone else easterly feeling it?
WOQ

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join