It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

That's exactly how I feel....I'm absolutely exhausted tonight, havent stopped all my on my "stuff I have to do" list, so I've been moving stuff in the shed, cleaning, grocery stocking up, cutting grass, and didn't even get half the stuff I wanted to do done...bah! And in the last half hour, all the physical symptoms have come back.....aching joints and muscles, and skin so sensitive it can barely be touched. I'm not so unfit I should feel like this after a day of house cleaning, for any's sake!
Usually, I'm fine, even after being on my feet all day, so something is up.

And yes....antsy...like I'm prepping for something and I don't have a clue what. I feel best about our new woodburning stove which we've had just a week. What a revelation...our 200 year old house is warm for the first time and we can cook and stay warm when the power goes out. I have no idea why that's so important to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ear ringing is getting louder, mostly my right ear, which is almost constantly humming now. Hourly loud rings which last about 30 seconds.

Been also feeling something beneath ne. Pressure is building alot.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Not feeling so antsy anymore, but still having ear ringing off & on.
Don't think all the symptoms could have been from the 5.6 in the Philippines tonight!
How are you feeling now?

Gotta love those wood burners! We've had ours for 29 years.
Had gas, forced air heat before & hated it! It always had to get cold before the furnace would kick back on.
Or if you turned it up, it was too hot. The kids were always sick until we went to the wood burner.
It's a lot of work, but we love the even heat. We have ours in the basement under the living room.
Best place we could have put it. Once when we had the flu, we all lined up on the floor to watch TV & sleep!
Warmed us all the way through to our bones! It's really great if you're feeling achy!
There's nothing quite like walking bare foot on a warm floor in the winter time too!

There have only been a few times over the years when we had bad snow storms & the power went out.
We were really glad we had it then! Makes you feel like all is right with the world, when there's a snow storm
blowing outside & you're inside all toasty & warm no matter what happens! A real sense of security!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Just a quick reply before I'm up and about for the day. Don't feel so groggy this morning, and a lot of the pain has subsided, but it doesn't feel right that it was the Philippines event, so I dunno. I need to track this more closely. I'm also wondering how much physical proximity matters with geo sensitivity. I'm in Scotland, so logically I might expect the Iceland are to affect me first, but maybe it doesn't work like that. Maybe a bigger shift somewhere else, or on a major ley would be worse.

And yeah...the woodburner is the dogs!
Ours is in the livingroom, and heats the whole house. We have crappy electric heaters that cost a fortune to run, but just don't need them anymore. The best thing, as you say, is the sense of security it has given us.

Back later when I have more time....sooo much list still to work through!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am actually still pretty tense, maybe I just need a massage. Pressure on the head is lighter but still persistent. I just woke up so I won't know about grogginess until after I have my coffee.

Maybe the worst has passed.

Does anyone here read the sun stuff? Maybe we felt a cme or something. I am sorry, but I know absolutely nothing about the sun.

Still waiting......Doodle

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

When I saw that there wasn't anything bigger than the 5.6, I was wondering about solar too.
Or maybe that one will eventually be upgraded.

I don't know much about it & haven't found all my info & links from when our son transferred
everything to our new computer!

My ears are still ringing off & on though!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmm....very anxious tonight. Still aching joints, ears are ringing constantly, and I have a thundering migraine, to the point of nausea. My little obsession with regard to earthquakes is the Pacific north west. Someone posted in the California thread tonight about lack of movement in the Vancouver are, despite a recent uptick in activity along the whole coast, and it made me feel kinda weird to read it. I hope I'm wrong and the migraine is just something I ate.

nite nite all.....xxx

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
One last thing before I hit the hay (it's after 1 AM here). I've just been studying the USGS world quake map and it strikes me that southern Sth America looks pretty quiet. I suspect we could see some quite strong activity there very shortly, most likely in coastal Chile. Peru and Bolivia have also been fairly quiescent but I'm iffy on them right now. My feeling is for Chile. This is not a firm prediction, by any means. I'd have to give a lot more detail for that. But I feel it's worth watching. South of Santiago seems more likely than north.

It looks like your intuition toward Chile was right on target, Mike. Mag 5.8 Chile
Looking at the waveforms, I suspect USGS may be a tad low at mag 5.8. We'll have to wait for revisions.

Good work.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've been feeling very irritable and tense today. Also drawn inward a bit. Vertigo and stuff for 2 days or so. There has been rattling and vibrating going on certainly.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh rats!!!
It must not be over yet, since the 6.0 last night & the 6.3 this morning.

Hubby just called from work & ask if someone had called from home saying that something was wrong.
I told him about the quakes & he said that would have been too long ago,
he's feeling really 'freaky' right now & that it's getting worse!
I don't think the aftershocks in the 4's that far away would do it.

After he called old cat was trying to get under the desk, he's the one that only does it rarely for bigger ones.
Then he tried to get up on my lap but the keyboard was in the way & I almost got sliced!
He's never tried that before & he had his ears back too!
Now he's under the desk again.

My ears are ringing again, just started up about the same time as all this other stuff started.
It's building up too. Did anyone ever find out if something solar is going on too???

Dagnabbit, I've got so much work to get caught up on!
When are we going to get a nice, long, quiet break???
WOQ

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I figured the worst was over with this mornings energy release, but I gotta tell ya my head is killing me.
Ringing in both ears and a squeezing feeling on my head.

Perhaps more energy release on the way soon folks.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thought I was going to be ok this morning, but all these same symptoms have kicked off again in the least 3 or 4 hours....ache, vertigo, nausea, sore joints, anxiety, grumpy...(more than usual even!
) The dog is very antsy too, and I know he doesn't know he's going to be neutered tomorrow, so it can't be that. I've been very careful not to mention it in front of him. I feel like I could hibernate, and sleep for days and days. Exhaustion isn't the word. And the ear ringing is more of less constant now...I don't usually hear that.
edit on 8-10-2012 by caitlinfae because: I missed a bit

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The feelings, the pressure, and the ear ringing are all still there. Some days, one of those three is more acute than the others... today its the feelings, yesterday was the ear ringing.

I hope it stoop soon. Nerves are getting really frayed.

Peace and love

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I'm amazed that yours is the last post here I see. I had been pacing around wondering if I should probably make a fool of myself and post whats been going on. Your post makes me feel a tad more brave to do so.

So it's about 8:30 pm US Central Time, and I'm located in lower FEMA Region 5. I have this off-the-charts canal pressure and a slight ringing (like blood flow thru the veins) and also the pressure has been doing the elevation-changey-thing (best way to describe) Now granted, I had posted here before, about this very same phenomenon, and it did coincide with active geologic goings on, far away. I just hate the idea of crying wolf, and if laser didn't disclose, than I probably wouldn't. Misery loves company!
Please, no stars, unless this turns out to have been of interest, after all. Thanks.
( 'MidWest USA' too, laser....)
edit on 9-10-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

No one sees it as a fail at all if you post and nothing happens. I have posted one liners before just to get it on record. (Mainly my own record, but it is there in writing for later use.)

My head pressure still persists. It is actually getting the cold feeling on top again.

Last time it built like this there was the big one in Indonesia,(I think), so I kinda have the sick feeling accompanying the pressure.

I can only say that I feel a strong fight or flight when this happens. All dressed up and nowhere to go.....

For anyone reading along, feel free to post. This is a very safe environment. Best to have it in writing, because if you get really foggy like me, you won't remember much afterwards.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

can only say that I feel a strong fight or flight when this happens. All dressed up and nowhere to go.....

I was just on my way to (as I tell my kittycat, "bednights") and thought I'd take a peek back here before dreamland. With my shoes on. 'just in case' ! (But just in case what?) I know that Louisiana situation has me on edge. Even though I don't live near there. Well, Ill see everyone tomorrow then.

(I think....)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hi, Everyone!

Did anybody see the info PuterMan posted on Quake Watch today?
It's from a group of scientists!
Maybe this is what everyone is feeling!!!

Off-site Content:
**************************************************************************************************************************************
Good Morning,
The attached Catastrophic Geophysical Event Warning Notice (CWN) from the International Earthquake and Volcano Prediction Center (IEVPC) is forwarded for your review and/or action as appropriate.

This CWN represents the latest and final warning notice for the predicted earthquake and tsunami off the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia and is highly time sensitive in view of the upgrade from the previous warning to a Stage 8 category – effectively a one-day-to-strike warning for this historically large earthquake.

The prospects for an upgraded M.8.0 to M8.8 quake and possible tsunami are also described in this CWN.

This CWN is also posted at the IEVPC web site and can be directly accessed at:
CGE Warning Notices

Personnel in the affected region described in the CWN should take actions to prepare for the predicted CGE that is now expected this week with the strongest possibility for tomorrow, Wednesday, October 10, 2012.

Sincerely,
John L. Casey
Chairman/CEO
IEVPC

Source: www.ievpc.org...

Scroll down to the part high lighted in red.
**************************************************************************************************************************************
I guess time will tell!
I'm not feeling it yet though. Only a slight ear ringing.
Nobody is hiding under the desk yet. (I mean the cats!)

Hubby says his chest is getting tight, he's on the heating pad.
Feels like someone is holding him under water again.
Higher pitched ear ringing tones than usual too.
WOQ

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
[snippy]
It looks like your intuition toward Chile was right on target, Mike. Mag 5.8 Chile
Looking at the waveforms, I suspect USGS may be a tad low at mag 5.8. We'll have to wait for revisions.

Good work.

Yes, I saw the reports of that Chile event but to be honest, I have been expecting something further south and in the mag 6-plus range at least. (Because Chile runs N/S for a long way, I prefer to specify the likely region more precisely.) All the same, its timing is interesting, so it's worth having it documented in the thread. Sometimes an event of that size can be an indicator for a larger one along the main subduction zone's region of inflence within the following few days. So, we will see.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Interesting report. The Kamchatka region is certainly capable of producing mag 8-plus events and has done so in the past.

Just for the record I don't have any indicators for one there in the next 24 hours or so (as they say today is most likely), but as they do allow for a one-week window we'll have to wait and see.

I know, I use that phrase a lot but in this field that's what we have to do much of the time. I'm still more concerned about the southern half of Chile. And I'm edgy about the PNW -- but then, I often am. Just sometimes I'm more so than usual and this is one of those times. On that basis I'd expect around a mag 5 or bigger on or very near the PNW coast within 3 days.

Oh, just a note: I've dispensed with using my "moderator" tags in this thread as I think you all know by now that I'm simply posting my own opinions as a member.
Also, if anyone here ever sees a post that you feel requires mod action, please use the "alert" feature so staff can evaluate the issue and deal with it appropriately. Except in some very rare and extreme cases, mods are excluded from taking action on posts in any thread where they have posted.

Mike
edit on 10/10/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A 4.5 hit Montreal Canada this morning.

www.standard-freeholder.com...

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join