It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Malakyzek

Hi!

Welcome to an EAMEP!
I think I can speak for all of us, when I say we have very open minds here.
The more information we have, the easier the puzzle pieces might fit together.
The more layers of information the better!

Humans are a very arrogant lot, in that some think they already know all there is to know about everything!
But it really is like that saying: The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. Or something like that!

I'm sure even Louis Pasteur faced a lot of flack in his time!
There was something about ley lines on Quake Watch a while back. It was interesting.
Even if he's only right part of the time, it would still be interesting to keep an eye on it.
It would still be worth a look-see, to see what we think!

Heck, even the weather forecasters with all their expensive satellites & radar can't get it right every time!!!
Who knows what kind of patterns there are in nature? Kind of like the 7 year locusts! Who would have thought!
Or the sequences that we had to try & figure out in math class. +2-1+3+1-4 -1! Gosh I hated those!!!

Who knows if there really are cycles for earthquakes. And how they interact on one another.
Just like Old Faithful having a predictable cycle. Almost everything in nature does. Seasons, tides, planets,
insects, bacteria, gestation...

Even an obstetrician doesn't get the due date right every time!
We still have so much to learn!
Linky please!
Thanks.
WOQ

edit on 2-10-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i am pretty new to this site.
i tried to copy the link into a reply to your post....hmm....didn't want to work so well.

so here is the link to the ley lines poster on the other site.

please please understand that i TOTALLY view this other site with GREAT trepidation. i would seriously NEVER recommend it to anyone.

having said that....there are occasional posts that seem to surface above the dribble.

i am hoping this might be one of them...and that it might be somewhat...in some way....useful to you.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

it appears from my preview of this post that the link will work.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Thanks!
There's a lot of video viewing to do there! Only got through about a half hour so far!
I believe someone posted a link to that site on Quake Watch when the previous 188 day cycle was due.

I still think it's an interesting theory, & will save the link to see what develops.
Stranger things have happened!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Hi and welcome to ATS. I am buried in schoolwork at the moment until December, but I have been active on this thread in the past and keep up with it almost daily, if only just to keep up with it. I read your post and something occurred to me that I hadn't thought about. You mentioned geometric lines in regards to this other person who was accurately predicting earthquakes...is his/her work based on sacred geometry and ley lines? If yes, I find that angle of forecasting earthquakes very interesting if that is what they are basing their predictions on. Unfortunately, I dont have any time to go through your link and researching it any further, but I do find that premise intriguing to say the least if that is what it is based on.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Rrrrr...feeling it again. The feelings stopped with that 7 something in Columbia the other day, but are back again. Strong 7 in the next three days.

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't think there's some simple cycle for earthquakes, because if there is then the most likely is that our ancestors would have noticed it and registered it, like they did with all other cycles present in nature.

But I think it's possible that two or more cycles affect earthquakes, because in that case we would see those cycles interfering with each other and instead of a, say, 188 days cycle we could end up with something like 188, 24, 220, 150, 188, etc. or an even more complicated pattern, and that would be hard to identify.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just have to throw this out there, but today feels like energy and emotions are just exploding around me. Super strong vibes from everyone, and it feels like I'm projecting uber energy from my own pores.

I have no idea what it means in regards to eq prediction, but all of those eq signs are still there too. But this is more like an energy explosion. Volcanic maybe if earth related.

Anyway, just needed to vent here my friends, thanks.

Peace and love to all

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Pressure in the head and foggy feeling is back. Pretty strong to. Ugh....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Young cat was hiding all the way under the computer desk earlier tonight.
She came out to eat, but went right back under.

Our youngest son came by to install an upgrade on the computer & she still stayed there for another hour.
When he left I looked at USGS & saw the ones in the northern mid-Atlantic Ridge!
Hmmmmm.........
WOQ

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
ugh...why is it whenever I come here, I see the same few reporting similar things?

I dunno what it is, but something is brewing. I agree that its not typical (like any of this is).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I haven't been around for ages but came to see if others were feeling something too. There's a weird energy in the air. Especially today and tonight.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just dropping in to say hello to everyone and apologize for not having said much for a few days.

I'd like to mention that last week -- I believe it was Wednesday night into Thurs -- I heard some very odd sounds. This was around one AM my time. It sounded like jet planes flying over -- that low roaring sound -- except that it didn't build up then fade away, it just went on and on for around half an hour. I live nowhere near a military base and they wouldn't be testing jet engines at one o'clock in the morning at the airport, either. (And even so, it's a long way off and we never hear the planes from there.)

Also, there was no sign of planes in the sky: no nav lights or anything. Just that roaring sound. It was odd and I have not been able to figure a reason for it. There's often a very simple explanation for many seemingly odd things but this one has me baffled. There is nothing around where I live that would make a sound like that near constantly for half an hour.

Meanwhile there seems to be slightly more talk than usual on ATS about strange feelings of something coming up soon and so on. I say "than usual" because rarely a week goes by without a thread on this subject, but just now, it's becoming quite a matter of discussion. This sort of phenomenon is something worth watching because it could be one of those (currently) inexplicable indicators of a more general human ability to sense something without being able to quite put a finger on it. And a fair number of folks are talking about the ringing in the ear sorts of sounds and that's a bit worrisome, especially among those who have no known cause for it.

One last thing before I hit the hay (it's after 1 AM here). I've just been studying the USGS world quake map and it strikes me that southern Sth America looks pretty quiet. I suspect we could see some quite strong activity there very shortly, most likely in coastal Chile. Peru and Bolivia have also been fairly quiescent but I'm iffy on them right now. My feeling is for Chile. This is not a firm prediction, by any means. I'd have to give a lot more detail for that. But I feel it's worth watching. South of Santiago seems more likely than north.

Oh, and if anyone has any thoughts on the PNW region of the US (into BC as well) please post. (Tara, I saw your remarks but I'd be glad for more detail, please! )

Nite, all.

Mike

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Im with all of you..... its a feeling..

Not so sure where, but the uptick in the US is of concern. Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when they see Tonga or Vanuatu? Why I do, is beyond me... I know Im kinda weird, but...??

New Madrid has been awful quiet these days, although I saw NY on Folkworm yesterday and found that odd.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh, oh!
Now old cat is hiding under the desk!
Don't know what to think!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've been up since 4am, can't sleep, very restless, physical symptoms which have been quiet for a couple of weeks are all back...IBS flare up, joint pain, anxiety with no known cause to me, just a very strong feeling of watchfulness, which is the best way I can describe it, like I should be on guard somehow. I had a little rush of almost fear when I saw the graphics on a thread about an uptick in activity on the west coast of the US, but I'm in Scotland, so why that should frighten me I don't understand....

Maybe I'm just sensing bad weather coming in...I reckon this winter might be a bad one for us, and the farmers here are saying the same. My urge to stock up has gone off the chart too.

As for location...I'm pretty clueless, but trying to focus on something that might be hitting me intuitively. All I get are volcanoes...Iceland, Canary Islands, Mount Rainer, Chaiten...although somehow these are connected to massive earthquakes.

God, listen to me...I probably just need some breakfast...

Stay safe everyone, and stock up.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Very simliar feelings. Higher anxiety than normal. Really strong

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is my first contribution to this thread. Needless to say, I didn't ever expect to feel the need to do so, but I sure do tonight.

I'm feeling a faint, but very annoying vibration in the ground tonight, one that's transferring through the bed and irritating me enough to prevent sleep. Of course, no one else in the house can feel it, and think I'm nuts. This has been ongoing for about 45 minutes, a constant, unending vibration. There's no construction going on, no traffic, nothing idling outside (it's eerie quiet out, though)
So, either I'm in dire need of much more cal/mag/potassium & my muscles are going wonko, or there's a minute vibration from something, either man-made that I'm unaware of, or of a natural source going on. I eat well & take my vites, so I'm thinking it has to be one of the latter two...
I am in FL, for those keeping track of places.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

For as long as I can remember I have felt vibrations. Sometimes if I lightly lay my fingers on something or standing still. It isn't like an earthquake rumble but more just vibrations to me.

The latest occurrence was a few months ago standing at a store. I was with my friends and we were looking at something. Just standing there the vibrations started in my feet. I took one step forward and still felt it. I asked my friends if they felt it and they said no. I then placed one hand on the counter beside me and could feel it in my hand also. It was strange but not the first time it had happened. I have always wondered about these vibrations. Glad you brought them up.

To everyone else - woke up feeling dizzy and checked the quakes immediately. Nothing.......
Still pressure on the top of my head and a feeling of anticipation. I have some cleaning to do so hopefully I can find some energy around here and get my butt going.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can see you lurkers!!! If you're peeking in you must be feeling it too!!!

Hubby & I are feeling really antsy all of a sudden for no apparent reason.
Plus he has all his regular 'quake' symptoms too. Pretty strong ones he said.
We're trying to keep busy, so much to do on a weekend, but it's really hard!

I'm full of nervous energy, which would be a really good thing if I could harness it,
instead of being all over the place going from one thing to another!
Can't concentrate or stick with one job at a time! I want to do everything at once!

Someone way back in the Arkansas thread described it as
'feeing like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs'!
That's pretty close, but it's not a scary or fearful feeling, rather like an adrenaline rush,
kind of like you won a grocery shopping spree.
Your so excited, you have 5 minutes to grab whatever you can...
but you can't make up your mind what to get...
Steaks, crab legs, coffee, olive/coconut oil, 16 pound bags of cat food??? Ha, ha!
Aaaah, I can't think, wasting time!!! Yeah, kind of like that!!!

Young cat is trilling & wanting attention too!
What are ya'll feeling???
Everybody that I saw lurking better check in, or I'll be disappointed!!!

I feel bad joking about it though if it is a big quake coming,
knowing what that could mean........
WOQ

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I'm so glad you came out on a limb to disclose that sensation because I had it too. I thought I would -never- bring it up in a post, because it was just too unexplainable to me. So the vibe thing is something very real, physically so, you aren't alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join