It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've had a busy evening. I have been noting how I feel periodically and whatnot in Evernote on my iPhone and on the PC. Syncing it up it should all be easily available. I think it's an easy way to log. I suggest it to anyone keeping track of stuff to put in this thread. There are sharing options that I could make available for you guys on here but I am not sure how just yet. I am still learning to use it. It seems what I need to effectively share all my experiences and thought on the subject.

There's a lot of things going on seismically that have my concern up. I fear for Puerto Rico, Indonesia, Phillipines and Costa Rica the most right now. Also theres a swarm in Cali that I noticed a lil bit ago. I saw more quakes in Tonga and they were like around the order of M 5 or so. Good luck WOQ!! I really hope you and fam stay safe.

I am currently okay but have felt nausea and swaying and vibrations all day. This evening was pretty nasty. The cat was AWOL since 5am or so and came out to eat around 3 or 4 to eat and disappeared. She's now out and up in her window (most windows are hers) by my desk in the front room here. She's calm. I am calm.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi, everyone!

Not much to report.
Ears are ringing as I type this though.

Had a dream last night where I saw four earthquakes at the bottom of a new page.
The first two were in red, then a black one, then another red one.
No magnitudes, or locations, it was only a quick glimpse, then I woke up & thought, "What was that?!"

Not a prediction, at least not that I know of! I hardly ever even remember dreams, & never had one that came true.

Did notice some 'twins' again in the last 24 hours.
And two in Colorado. Will Virginia answer this time?

I remember Puerto Rico, & to a lesser degree, the Virgin Islands, having a swarm of pages & pages before Haiti's big one. It took me completely by surprise when Haiti went after all that!
PR/VI have had smaller swarms since though.

Leaving tomorrow for Tonga, will check in when we get back!
WOQ

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you Mike. It is really interesting that many of us can forewarn about a quake, but sucks as far as not knowing location.

I'm curious about something. My friends call me a hyper empath, I can feel emotions from others strongly, and I broadcast my emotions strongly as well. Are you, or any of the other great people in here empathic as well?

Just trying to figure this out. It hurts me when I predict an eq accurately, because I feel so horribly hopeless not knowing where. Maybe by figuring out more about the others like me, maybe some answers or truths can be found.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah I am pretty empathic I suppose. I am not too clear on what defines an empath but I can sense emotions, energies of people, animals etc. I do not always feel peoples pain or whatever the emotion but it depends. I knew when my mother passed away but I did not know that was what was going on. Something was bugging me though and it was like these mind flashes and I just couldnt stand it and had to check on my mother and when I walked into her room and went to wake her.... Anyway. I feel awful cause I guess I think I could have done something if I had checked on her sooner..

I try to be realistic as possible so that leads me to dampen my instincts and distrust them. Which is precisely what I struggle with when it comes to earthquake/solar stuff. I will distance myself as much as I can from anything that could cause me to think I have felt something when I may not have, it was just on my mind cause i was looking at a map etc. Though I have had enough times where I was without any influence of data and I noted how I felt and was on point...A week without internet made me realise I was not just fooling myself in regard to solar stuff going on at the time. So yeah, I have a good bit of loosening up to do with allowing myself to trust my thoughts and feelings on stuff. Being here is a help when I know I am not alone and/or crazy.

Something odd happened last night in fact that may or may not be considered empathic but interesting. A man was hit by a car and killed in front of the store where my best friend works and when it happened it was at the exact time my cat woke me with her weird squeaking thing she does when shes kinda scared like before big quakes happen or whatever. I think that cat and I are very much in tune and I think thats why she bugs me like "hey mom, you feel that too??" Anyway, I had decided to go sit with her on the couch cause she was restless and I wanted to feel not alone either..

I can walk outside and sit on the balcony and know if theres a lot of crimes going on and I do not have to see a single person around. I just sense it. I cannot tell what I feel though or describe it but yes its profound at times. I can also walk outside and tell when things are happy and relaxed or so. I also have a hard time being out side around 3am on a lot of nights. That hour is really freaky and I do not know why.

So yeah, I have been rambling long enough. I thought Id put in my 2 cents and hopefully I made sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Only have a few minutes, but thought I'd at least report that we got back to Sydney okay.
After we were back I was a little disappointed that Tonga didn't have a little quake.
Yeah, big, brave me, after the trip is over!!!
A weird side note, almost no ear ringing while we were gone. Go figure!
But it's back again, but not so loud or often.

I did see somewhere, not USGS, that near Sydney did have another one, a 2.8, I think on Monday!
Now, hopefully no problems with demonstrations before we leave. From what little I've seen,
they are supposed to be the day after we leave.

Hopefully nothing going on in L.A. either while we're passing through!

I'll have to post when we get home about the empathetic part. Totally familiar with that!
The 3 AM thing rings a bell for a different reason. I so often wake up at that time for no reason!
Only here it's been 4:30 AM for some reason!

Signing off, probably for 2 days. It will be over 20 hours just flying time!
I don't remember how long the layover will be. It was only 50 minutes going over!
I think it's at least double that this time. Then 2 1/2 hours driving time after the last flight.
Maybe it will be 3 days! We'll see! Lol!

It's been pretty quiet, hope it stays that way for awhile!
WOQ

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Crazy dream last night, like holy $hit! Its weird, I'm normally a regular strong dreamer. Last few months, almost nada, zip. Then Boom, last night was crazy. Before I go into it, I just want to say that I'm not having any of the symptoms I associate with quakes, but the pressure does feel like it is building strongly again.

So the dream. I'm in Asia, where exactly I have no idea. But everyone around me is definitely Asian. Its a very large urban city, but its one of those wide cities, like LA or Sao Paulo, or Mumbai, rather than a New York or Tokyo. But again, Asia.

Hearing a loud explosion sound, followed by seeing the ground literally rolling towards us. Everything the ground wave passes literally flies into the air 5 to 10 feet, including me once the wave gets to me. Hurts like hell when I land half on the sidewalk and partly on the road.

Buildings, including skyscrapers begin to crumble, when another wave, smaller then the last, comes cruising towards us. Only go up a couple of feet this time. The ground is just tossing me now, its impossible to stand. Giant geysers start erupting in the park nearby.

One last ground wave comes by, and chaos reigns around me everywhere.

People screaming, buildings on fire and falling, and the ground just keeps rumbling.

Thats it, but just to add, this was one of those dreams that felt like it was all night, like I closed my eyes last night, started dreaming this, and the alarm this morning ripped me out of it. Wow!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Also, thanks for some of the replies regarding empathy. Im just looking for common denominators amongst us and I had a hunch.

Some other things that pop up with hyper empathy: ability to detect lies and falsehoods, animals respond to us more than others, knowing when a loved one is about to call. Lots of other things, but I got to get going now.

Peace and love to all

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by lasertaglover

Hi Laser,

sorry for my delayed reply. About the empath question. Answer is yes. Have been for as long as I can remember, even before I knew it had such a name. And yes, it's one of the things I watch out for when I feel strong emotions that just come in out of nowhere -- meaning I cannot connect them to anything going on in my immediate environment.

I suspect that this may be a far more common thing than is generally admitted. These days, we are socialized in the "developed" parts of the world to "not believe in" such things -- as if belief is actually the issue. Acceptance or denial is the real issue and we're educated to deny a lot of things, like the so-called "sixth sense". (As if there's only one extra sense we may have and not several!
)

The "location" problem is a big one but I believe it may be possible to resolve it. Fundamentally, this all comes down to energy in its various forms and we have seen what can be done with some forms as they are "discovered" and eventually utilized. Tests are devised to confirm the existence of whatever energy form is suspected, then eventually people figure ways to accurately measure and quantify it, and sometimes build machines to either produce it or detect it more precisely.

After all, it's not been that long since science confirmed that some quakes cause geomagnetic changes, then they found that there can be ionospheric disturbances as well. What else will they find?

The holy grail is to figure out how it is that some people seem able to sense quakes before they occur and even "know" where they might occur and roughly when. As I've probably said before, I think it's through sensing energy of some kind, perhaps even related to time anomalies. (Time and energy are apparently connected.) If through science that energy (or energy transfer) can be confirmed and eventually detected by devices, then predicting quakes could become akin to the process of detecting hurricane formation and predicting when they'll happen and where.

And wouldn't that be something?

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 21/9/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by lasertaglover

Laser, did you happen to notice any cars or other traffic on the roadways?

In Japan, they drive as they do in the UK and Australia -- on the left. Most other Asian countries they're like the USA. So that detail would either leave Japan out of the picture for location or make it a near certainty.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by rbkruspe

Hi rbkruspe,

just wanted to say that I appreciate your posts and I'm sure we all do. It's great to have your input and insights.

If you sense anything specific please feel free to post.

Oh, regarding the 3 am thing -- I think it's partly because it's the time of night when the vast majority of people are asleep. The air seems clearer, if we can put it that way. And years ago a friend who was a nurse told me that it was around that time of night -- from about 2 am to 4 am -- that dying people most often tended to slip away. The docs used to say (she told me) that it was because the human body is at its lowest ebb around that time, but she wondered if there were other reasons as well.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. I know that when I used to work nights at a gas station I loved to get outside in the wee small hours and watch the sky. Peaceful times, they were.

Best regards

Mike

edit on 21/9/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Hi WQ,

my last post for the night while I hog the thread in everyone's absence!

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Hope your trip home is totally uneventful.

The ear ringing: that's very interesting. I wonder if it's to do with the latitude? Will be great to talk about it with you in more detail when you're back home and have recovered from your trip.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hey Mike!!! (my fav mod) lol

I always tend to awaken at 3:33 and have for as long as I can remember.

Now that I am almost forty it is no coincidence.

My dreams are always about my lifes inner work though.

For example, I will have a recurring dream that is almost identical each time with the same theme.

Over time I have to come to figure out it is my Subconscious trying to help me see things in a different light and I will have the same dream over and over until I figure out the problem within and fix it.

I would love to be able to be an empathetic who could predict for others. I have prayed and meditated over the idea and asked to be used for the better of man.

The tarot is a tool I use for others and its extremely remarkable how accurate it can be.

If we could accurately predict an EQ...... man.... that would be awesome!!!!! Think of how many lives we could save by just seeing it before it happens and knowing the exact location would be a bigger plus.

Just gotta keep at it and maybe one day one of us can help save lives. ;-)
edit on 21-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ,

to avoid thread drift I've sent you a U2U in response to some of what you've talked about.

Regarding the eventual possibility to predict quakes via technology -- yes, I really believe this might be possible. Some might say that the experts are basically doing this now to some degree, but generally they are looking at averages and trends in fault systems and often on a fairly localized level. (eg the studies of SoCal and the faults there.)

True, scientists in various disciplines already look at a range of factors related to quakes and tectonic movement and so forth -- and to a far greater extent than they did even a couple of decades ago; the key problem is tying it all together in a formalized way that will allow for high levels of consistency in the results. And I feel that there are still new aspects of energy storage and exchange that need to be discovered and investigated so that they can be incorporated into the "quake energy models" that will be needed to develop the hardware and software required to predict (or "forecast") these events.

Along with this, more study has to be done of the human/animal effect aspects. We're only scratching the surface but sometimes even small efforts uncover some remarkable things

With many aspects of our planet, there are ways that different forms of energy influence the environment and all within it, both at the macro and micro levels. We see this with tides -- long since understood to a fair degree, wind, rain, thunderstorms and other common features that are the physical evidence of energy exchange. Quakes are another aspect and as I said way back in thread maybe three years ago, I feel that quakes are something like the weather: small changes in one place could lead to large changes elsewhere.

In other words, some kind of "1+1=2" method of analyzing quakes, their energy and its interactions is simply not going to cut it. It's my belief that there could be a "Butterfly in Beijing" aspect and if this is overlooked or simply discarded as implausible, then the process of understanding how quakes really work is never going to get near to the seeing the bigger picture. Sometimes, it could be that "1+1=5" and other times it may well be that "1+1=0" (or even a minus number) -- in a given time and location.

It's not like hitting an old wall with a sledgehammer to slowly knock it down in chunks. That's fundamentally what's behind tectonic plate theory, but while it's invaluable as a model it's far too simplistic and doesn't even explain all the known, observed interactions. The planet is much more complex and the three-dimensional, multi-layered and near-spherical nature of the total system has to be considered. It's more like hitting that same wall and making cracks, while at the same time other parts of the wall collapse completely -- and yet others rebuild themselves or change shape, or get stronger, with no clear and apparent cause and effect relationship!

Not a good analogy but it's just to give some idea of how I see it. We are dealing with what's effectively a closed system. We have a major external energy source -- the sun, a major internal one -- heat energy within the planet, and secondary inputs from gravity and spin and related forces. To ignore any of these is fraught with risk -- the risk of missing out a vital piece of the whole puzzle.

Mike

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thanks Mike and I agree with you.

It seems today the California region is picking up once again in activity.

Im wondering how long the state itself will stay intact?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Well, I don't think half of California is about to slide into the sea a la "2012" (the movie).
It is splitting along an axis, but rather more slowly. Like in a few million years it'll look quite different.

But on a more localized scale of time and place, it has been a few years since the last substantial quake there so it's just a matter of when the next one is. Some scientists are more concerned about SoCal and especially the southern part of the San Andreas Fault (system) because there is a largish section that hasn't moved a lot in something like 150 years if I recall correctly. The last expert assessment I read suggested that up to around a magnitude 8.1 - 8.2 was possible there and that's pretty huge, even compared to the SF quake of 1906.

You know, considering the lives that could be saved if people had reliable warnings, it's pretty sad that TPTB are not putting vastly more funding into things like quake prediction/forecasting research studies. Surely in the long run it would be worth it.

Mike

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just a quick post before I have some running to do.
Last night, oops, I mean this morning, (we got home from the airport at 4 AM),
my ears started ringing again. Had an increase at 7, & again now.

Old cat was under the computer desk then & again now, & young cat was sticking close too.
But can't really say it's something, since they are probably just glad to see me!!!
I walked away to see if he would follow me, but he stayed there! I don't know what to think!
I saw the activity in the Virgin Islands, it could be that too I suppose. But he's usually a 6'er or larger cat!

I also saw the 5.6 in Tonga early Saturday morning Aussie time, when I got home & checked!!!
Missed it by less than two days!

Later!
WOQ

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

Thank you Mike. It is really interesting that many of us can forewarn about a quake, but sucks as far as not knowing location.

I'm curious about something. My friends call me a hyper empath, I can feel emotions from others strongly, and I broadcast my emotions strongly as well. Are you, or any of the other great people in here empathic as well?

Just trying to figure this out. It hurts me when I predict an eq accurately, because I feel so horribly hopeless not knowing where. Maybe by figuring out more about the others like me, maybe some answers or truths can be found.

Peace

Hi guys!

Funny you should ask this question. My answer is yes. I have come to understand this past year that I have the gift of discernment. I have always had strong 'impressions' of people, known when bad things have happened to someone close, or sometimes when they are calling or thinking of me. Lately, I have tried to pay more attention to my intution of people and have even been bold enough to speak about it to them and others...with multiple affirmations. I was a bit distressed for awhile, not knowing what it was God meant for me to do with this gift...but he made that answer clear to me too after I was able to use it to warn others about deception and to help some to pray or to see particular things that weren't previously clear to them. Not sure if that makes sense?

And yes...I am a huge animal lover. Always have been. I've often been called the animal whisperer beause I seem to connect with most animals on a deeper level. I have no doubt they have souls..I can feel them.

So...I came here tonight to post because I am again having that certain 'feeling'. Also extremely achy and arthritic, but that could be the change in weather. Also worth noting is my small dog acting strange. She hasn't done that for some time. So it leads me to think a quake or event might be closer to home, or perhaps it is even the deep tremors that have been raging nearby recently. We will see!

Hope all of you are well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have not been feeling well tonight at all. I just thought I would see if anyone else feels crap like I do. Earlier I had to lay down and take a nap. I woke up and discovered there had been a 5.7 near Tonga which seems to be the most significant one in the past day or so. As of about 30 minutes ago I started feeling really sick again with a headache and some nausea and anxiety which is similar to before. Its also really quiet and the cat has disappeared totally. She was out and playing with me after I got up from my nap and for the past hour shes been AWOL. How are all of you doing?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No way... I was just done with my above post and clicked back to the USGS map of quakes and went on talking on the phone to my SO and this red dot appeared on the map. It was a 5.2 near Fiji that happened at 5:37UT. Weird.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have got the dazed feeling gain. Pressure in the right ear. And extreme laziness.

It is so hard for me to actually put together feelings with quakes. I mean there are quakes everyday in one place or another. How do Ido I know that when the symptoms let up it was quake related? Usually after the New Madrid blows a little steam I feel better, but is it possible that little 2's could be affecting me from 250 miles away, I don't know. I will just keep logging it here so hopefully someday someone can use the info. That is all we can do. (I believe I have felt other stronger quakes further away, especially with the pressure on the head feeling.)

As to the empathic abilities, I have never spoken of it to anyone, but yes, I believe I can get an easy read on emotions. I never really knew what it was until I watched a show about young paranormal investigations. Chip Coffee came on and was teaching a child about the same things I experience. The show is named Psychic Kids, and I fell instantly in love with Chip.

I know he was on t.v. and there was acting involved, but it just felt like he was speaking to my heart. Finally, I knew why I could walk in to a room happy and suddenly feel overwhelmed and uncomfortable. I also notice that when people need someone to just talk to, they turn to me. I will find even complete strangers just opening up to me...

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join