It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
MY first reply/post ever here on the abovetopsecret website although i have been a visitor for many years. I remember when i first came to this website in 2002 during highschool when i downloaded a pdf file from kazaa thinking it was a chess strategies book, it was a book on how your mind could control microwaves and how to unlock your powers that one had. I had to post today because i think something is going on in the world im not sure what it is , there is lots and lots of confusion but latley i have been feeling like the ground is shaking and i hear extra wood or sheetrock cracking from within my walls, however no earthquakes in the area where i live. I have an ap that lets me know when an earthquake hits , around the time i check a decent size earthquake hits on the other parts of the world that we are hearing latley. chile, indonesia, alaska , california, mexico. like others that have posted i too feel like im off balance like if i jet lag. My instinct tells me something is happening , but that we have time to change it , by doing what we have turned our backs against. what we have come to ignore, hate , reject. i believe its the human feeling of Love. I feel like its my fault , i made a promise to God several years ago that if he helped my get out of a personal horrible situation that i would give my life for him, I prayed and cryed like i never had. And so i began to focus on God and life and being optimistic and it felt great. However , I slowly left from going to church and having him in my heart .... to the (you can say ) Darkside once more. I know i have been placed here by him because of the great event that is coming or change but i was supposed to be on the other side and instead I got caught playing for the wrong team because I wanted to be .... what most people on this earth call "normal" . Its like when i went to the darkside i realized that there was good in this world and bad. i realized by experimenting with drugs and altered states that one realizes that theres more to life than just the so called normal. Im sorry to talk and type on it just seems that I realize what the # is going and i have the ability to change it and it is in my power (i think) but i also feel like i just woke up from the matrix and see the real world.. i feel like the character cypher that if i could go back and choose reality of the matrix i would choose the matrix. however im beyond that now. IM ready to do what im here to do and wake up as many people as i can and ask God for forgiveness and pray that he doesnt end this world because there is still good in people . well anyways i feel like everything thats happening is from one thing. we have the tools technology , intelligence , love to fix this world and free us from this evilness. im sorry if post is a litle mixed however i was in a rush and couldnt get everything out correctly.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I guess I'll add our possible biological EQ warning system here!

My husband has times he is vibrating. I mean when you place your hand gently touching or almost touching his skin, you can feel a vibration- like an electrical current. It is like this everywhere on his body.

Twice now, when I found this was happening to him , within 24 hrs. there was an earthquake in our area. After the earthquake this is no longer there.

I have tested it by having others come up and touch him and they felt it too. He had a collegue at work touch his shoulder and freak out claiming he was vibrating.

He doesn't feel anything at all. So I am curious about what seems to be a correlation between this phenomenon, and earthquakes in our area. We do not have them often (the Rhone Alpes part of France, south east, not far from Italian border). They could be potentially disasterous here though because the buildings are not made with them in mind- they are mostly stone, and newer ones cinderblock. Retaining walls of dry stone, and nuclear plants all along here that are nto made to sustain more than a 4.0.... so I remain vigiliant, even if I am originally from CA and used to them there.

So we'll see.. He was vibrating this morning. The Hum is also very strong at this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I used to be a massage therapist, for over 12 years. The vibration you are describing is not that unusual. I have felt this on a few clients, and have noticed parts of my own body will do this as well. I live next to the New Madras fault. I am studying nursing and I remember when learning how to do physical assessments that our textbook stated that feeling this vibration was a "normal" finding but the book didn't state what was creating this. So while this phenomenon you husband is having may not be too unusual, a medical cause is undetermined. So as you are connecting the vibrations to quake activity, it would be great to continue to document when he has this experience and what quake activity follows. You may be on to something here. Try to determine what patterns emerge.... body location, time lapses, strength of vibration vs strength of quake, etc. Also how he is feeling mentally and emotionally. I really think that an in depth study of the physical phenomena many of us are having and quake activity needs to be documented, researched and analyzed. But to find the time to do this is the problem for many of us!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When is this going to let up?
Poor hubby is miserable!!!

Sat: 6.2, 6.5, 5.6, 5.9, 5.5.
Sun: 6.2.
Mon: 5.8, 5.5.
Today already: 6.7, 6.8, 5.6, & 6.2!!!

Saturday was the last day of our trip & it ruined it for him! I purposely didn't check USGS that day, & he didn't say anything so he wouldn't spoil it for the rest of us. We got home after 1 AM & he told me & when I checked...there it was!!!
Yesterday he was still feeling bad & I couldn't figure out why, they weren't that big. Not thinking we would still be shaking today!
This morning he was worried that maybe he shouldn't assume it was eq's, & should go get checked out!
When he came home from work I told him about the two 6's & he was relieved that it was eq's, but still wasn't feeling right & went to bed.
I just saw the 6.2!

'NUFF ALREADY!!!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Okay, thanks! I am trying to note whatever I can. It is really interesting to find out this is a known phenomenon!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have been busy with a lot and have not posted in a really long time and I thought I would start now since this in need of activity. That and I am noticing earthquake "symptoms" (which can also apply in the case of solar/geomagnetic events but follow a slightly different pattern) The main symptom at the moment is my crushing headache. That is a huge determining factor between solar related or seismic related. Last night up til now I have also been feeling waves of uneasiness which is kind of like moments of anxiety/panic for just a few seconds which then leaves an emptiness in my stomach..hollow even. So far, my balance is okay but it feels like that could change at any minute.

My cat is in the back of the house in the spare room and has been since about 1am Eastern Time. I have to point out that she is always out and about in the living room with me and my roomie at night. Even in the day shes stays out here about 98& of the time. The only time she goes in the spare room is in the mornings when she birdwatches in the window and then snoozes in there til midday. Before she went back there I noticed she had an uneasy expression on her face (she's very expressive) and I was not feeling so great at that time either so I figure she was bothered by the same thing I was.

I noticed that in the past few hours I have not noticed that much activity AT ALL regarding earthquakes..North America is silent...even micros are not going on much. So these are the things I have to share for tonight and if anything changes I shall update as often as I can. I have no reason not to, I have self documented this stuff for a long time but never wrote much down..*mumbles about a mind like a steel trap*
Anyway, I hope this helps and I am curious how WOQ and her hubby are doing. Reading about him he sounds a lot like I do when the sun gets acting up..I am miserable!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

Hi!
Hubby has been pretty miserable. He'd hardly been able to sleep for two nights.
He had to work yesterday & couldn't eat lunch. Felt sick to his stomach when he tried to eat.
He gets chest pain. He said it feels like an arrow through the heart!
He had the uneasy feeling too. When we saw the low quakes, he called home.
He was afraid maybe he was feeling something wrong there instead. But they are all fine!

He has to leave for work at 5:30 AM & I woke up & asked how he feels now.
He said he finally slept well last night.
No pains, not dizzy, no headaches. Only slight ringing in the ears.
We've both had the ear ringing off & on the last couple of days.
And vibrating ear drums. Now there is a weird feeling! I hate it! I've only felt that one time before. Nothing today though.
When a couple of people mentioned vibrating, it really caught my attention!
Hadn't heard of, or noticed that yet!
Today he said he feels like only 5's are coming so far.

Cats don't seem to be alerting to anything.
We have a big snow storm starting. I've been watching for big barometric pressure changes,
wondering if that had much influence? It's still pitch black out right now, but the Robins are singing as they get snowed on!!!
What? Solar activity too? Maybe that's what he feels when we can't link it to earthquakes!!!
Good grief! Are we ever again going to feel 'regular'? I hesitate to say 'normal'! Ha, ha!!!
So much to learn & so little time!!!
Thanks for your input!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MillerRogger

In behalf of readability:

MY first reply/post ever here on the abovetopsecret website although i have been a visitor for many years. I remember when i first came to this website in 2002 during highschool when i downloaded a pdf file from kazaa thinking it was a chess strategies book, it was a book on how your mind could control microwaves and how to unlock your powers that one had.

I had to post today because i think something is going on in the world im not sure what it is , there is lots and lots of confusion but latley i have been feeling like the ground is shaking and i hear extra wood or sheetrock cracking from within my walls, however no earthquakes in the area where i live.

I have an ap that lets me know when an earthquake hits , around the time i check a decent size earthquake hits on the other parts of the world that we are hearing latley. chile, indonesia, alaska , california, mexico. like others that have posted i too feel like im off balance like if i jet lag.

My instinct tells me something is happening , but that we have time to change it , by doing what we have turned our backs against. what we have come to ignore, hate , reject. i believe its the human feeling of Love.

I feel like its my fault , i made a promise to God several years ago that if he helped my get out of a personal horrible situation that i would give my life for him, I prayed and cryed like i never had. And so i began to focus on God and life and being optimistic and it felt great.

However , I slowly left from going to church and having him in my heart .... to the (you can say ) Darkside once more. I know i have been placed here by him because of the great event that is coming or change but i was supposed to be on the other side and instead I got caught playing for the wrong team because I wanted to be .... what most people on this earth call "normal" .

Its like when i went to the darkside i realized that there was good in this world and bad. i realized by experimenting with drugs and altered states that one realizes that theres more to life than just the so called normal. Im sorry to talk and type on it just seems that I realize what the # is going and i have the ability to change it and it is in my power (i think) but i also feel like i just woke up from the matrix and see the real world..

i feel like the character cypher that if i could go back and choose reality of the matrix i would choose the matrix. however im beyond that now. IM ready to do what im here to do and wake up as many people as i can and ask God for forgiveness and pray that he doesnt end this world because there is still good in people .

well anyways i feel like everything thats happening is from one thing. we have the tools technology , intelligence , love to fix this world and free us from this evilness. im sorry if post is a litle mixed however i was in a rush and couldnt get everything out correctly.

CERTAINLY, imho, the unease and other physiological, vague, spiritual sensings can be alerting to quakes coming as well as other looming traumas.

I think it's hard to sort out specifics.

1. Confession, repentance and forgiveness are an essential main aspect of our walk with God, of Christianity. The enemy is all about the business of lying and trying to convince us we've done it so badly this time that there's no hope. There's always hope in the One who conquered death, hell, the grave, the world, the flesh and the devil.

2. The only thing for falling down is to get up and go on one dogged step at a time.

3. OVERCOMERS gain the prize. We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

4. The world is scheduled for a cleansing by fire, this time. The only sane side to be on is the winning side--that of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

5. Man will not fix things. Globalists are determined to crash things so, in their view, they can raise a New World Order to worship satan on the ashes of the old. Much propaganda, illusions, delusions, effort is trying to push the world down that garbage shute and largely succeeding.

6. The Bible has much to instruct and encourage . . . with the sobering exhortation that in the world, believers will have tribulations. . . . but to be of good cheer, HE OVERCAME THE WORLD. He in us and us in Him can do the same.

7. After looming Armageddon, on the not distant horizon, a thousand years of peace will make things incredibly right.

Oh, particularly old eyes . . . but really any age eyes . . . do not handle large masses of text well. For old eyes, it's almost painful. We need the micro-rests of the white space between paragraphs. It's the loving, thoughtful thing to do. And, unless you want folks to skip over what you've written--it's the essential thing to do. Personally, I prefer the short paragraphs of journalistic writing. . . . about 3-7 sentences of fairly strictly one point.

edit on 23/4/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to get on here and report there is a weird smell in the air tonight. It smells like something is melting or burning, kinda hard to describe. I can't figure out a source for it and local news hasn't reported anything occurring that might connect it to a source so I am stumped. As far as behaviors and symptoms...not sure, I am having anxiety off and on but I am having final exams so I do have logical explanation for it. Animals are not behaving too weirdly but one cat has been insistent on coming indoors. Dogs are acting okay tonight so far. The last couple of weeks have just been chaotic and I feel like there has been some kind of shift in a negative direction, especially after all those large quakes going off. A lot of people are having some real challenges right now and not sure if any of this is related but just giving some observations. I hope it all means nothing!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop in and say that the pressure in my head has returned full force today. I have had lots of energy for a week now. This morning I woke up and it hit me full force like a brick wall. Going to go and take a hot shower and see if this relieves any of it. Ugh...I guess I will be watching the N. Madrid area over the next couple of days. That is if I can focus long enough to check.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Haven't really been my usual self lately since I've been in and out of the dentist and doctor nonstop for the last two weeks. Just got a very intense headache about 30 minutes ago, feel like my head's going to explode. Thought I should note it here before I lay down.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Woke up feeling a little less pressure today. Don't know if this is what helped it.

Type: Earthquake 11 hours ago Magnitude: 2.1 DateTime: Saturday April 28 2012, 02:36:08 UTC Region: southeastern Missouri Depth: 5.1 km Source: USGS Feed

Not all of the pressure is gone yet. Hope that doesn't mean that there is more to follow. Got a LOT of outside work to do today, so hopefully if it is stress, the gardening and setting up the pool will let some of it flow out. Still can't focus for long periods of time.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Is anyone else feeling anything right now???

Hubby is feeling pretty crummy.
Loud ringing in the ears & dizzy.
Weight on his shoulders.
Hard to breathe.
Pain on the one side of his chest through to his back.
Sick to his stomach.
He's been low grade uncomfortable the last couple of days. But a lot worse now.

My ears just started ringing after I started typing this.
Hungry even though I already ate.
Antsy...but oldest daughter was giving me a hard time earlier....so not sure if it's eq related yet!!!

Hmmm.....just happened to think....maybe she's takes after hubby! He used to be cranky before bigger eq's, before we found out the connection! He was so miserable it made him grouchy! (Oh, please! Not two of them in the family!!!)

Old cat is part way under the desk.
Young cat is trilling, restless & wants attention.

Seems like too many signs all at one time not to be something!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Did anyone see this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty interesting.
Especially since hubby is having symptoms again.

Anyone else noticing a build up?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So has anyone else had any problems with vertigo lately?

I have been dizzy before...but true vertigo is absolutely crazy. I have two attacks of it now in the past three weeks. I have been recovering from the whooping cough so the docs believe it is from that (inner ear inflammation) and it will eventually go away. Thought I would at least bring it up here and see if there were a trend.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Have been feeling pretty "normal" as of late aside from a few stomach issues. No immediate sense of urgency, headaches have been minimal. Almost feels like the calm before the storm... a little TOO normal. Or maybe that's just the "ATSitus" speaking. =p

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Hi WOQ (and hi everyone),

my apologies for not contributing lately. I just needed some time out from the prediction aspect of things and in fact have posted very little on ATS at all lately.

Regarding your query about that other thread: yes, I saw it last night and have been reading through it. I find it encouraging that there are several members there who are willing to show their support for the esoteric/non-scientific angle of quake prediction. Meanwhile I've also been regularly lurking on the Quake Watch thread and it's interesting to see the results that SpaceJockey has been getting with the predictions he's been posting there.

Now, to the main issue, namely the likelihood of a major quake somewhere in the world in the very near future. By "major" I mean it would probably have to be something around magnitude 8 or bigger, as quakes in the mag 7 range occur (on average) once or twice a month anyway, whereas mag 8-plus quakes can only be expected maybe once or twice a year. Some years in recent history had no mag 8-plus quakes at all, others have had as many as four, but on average 1 or 2 is normally about it.

Well, as most of you know, there were two mag 8 quakes in the Indonesia region quite recently. Statistically, those two quakes alone easily meet the "average yearly number" for such events world-wide, but seeing as our planet has no real interest in stats or averages, there is no reason why we can't have more. Simply put, we can't use statistics as a valid argument in determining if there will or will not be any more mag 8-plus quakes this year.

Getting back to the concept of "major" quakes, there is a conundrum: the Haiti quake of Jan 2010, which was the deadliest in many years in terms of casualties from quake damage alone (and not from a massive tsunami), was "only" a magnitude 7.0 (Mw). Had it been a mag 8, the devastation and death toll would have been far, far worse. On the other hand, Japan's mag 9.0 of March 2011, which was 100 times worse in terms of shaking and 1,000 times more powerful in terms of energy released than the Haiti quake, resulted in maybe 5% to 10% of the casualties of the Haiti event -- and many of those casualties resulted from the tsunami rather than the shaking by the quake itself.

How many deaths will result from the ongoing Fukushima disaster is another matter entirely -- and the truth about that may never be known.

Here's the problem: basically, I have just compared apples and oranges. Yes, both the Haiti and Japan quakes are "fruits" of movement and energy release in the Earth's crust, but beyond that, they are completely different. Haiti's quake occurred virtually under the city that was devastated; the Japan quake was beneath the sea. Haiti's quake involved slip along a fault, while Japan's was a subduction zone megathrust event.

And besides the physical differences in the quakes, we have to consider the regions themselves from the human perspective. Japan is a rich nation, with excellent building codes (and low levels of corruption in enforcing those codes), possibly the best public early-warning system in the world, a population who are trained in how to react to quakes and who expect them to occur and a well-organized and integrated post-quake disaster relief and rescue program.

Haiti is one of the poorest nations, with building codes that are poorly enforced, large numbers of overcrowded, older residential buildings in bad condition, a population that had no real level of quake preparedness because they didn't expect to have one, far less effective resue services -- and frankly a rather inadequate government chain-of-command structure to deal with such a disaster anyway.

So with any major quake, it's not just a matter of "how big", but where -- and how well the population and authorities are prepared to deal with the event.

This is why I worry about the US -- be it the California region, the Pacific Northwest with its Cascadia Subduction Zone (CSZ), or the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ). While Cal has pretty good building codes and retrofitting of older buildings is an ongoing project, it has now been more than two decades since the Loma Prieta event (mag 6.9 Mw) and I quail to think how they'd deal with anything much over a mag 7. Recent research indicates a mag 8.2 or thereabouts is possible in the SoCal region, but frankly even a mid-7 quake could be horrendous.

And the PNW? It's been 312 years since the last Japan-style megathrust event off the coast there, and the next one, when it finally comes, could well bring a tsunami like Japan's. Are they really prepared for a tsunami that could be more than 50 feet high in some places, and the shaking from a quake that could go on for six or seven minutes or even more? I don't think so and it's a huge worry.

(Continued in next post.)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Bear in mind that the shaking in the Loma Prieta quake lasted about 15 seconds. Now consider much more violent shaking that lasts a good 20 times longer than that and try to imagine the potential effects on the many URM (unreinforced masonry) buildings in places like Seattle. Buildings made of bricks and mortar don't stand up well to such shaking. The mortar between the layers of bricks simply fractures – and down they go.

I won't even go into details of what a tsunami would do as it sweeps along 600 miles or more of the coast, all the way from southern British Columbia, down along all of Washington and Oregon and even to California. Suffice to say that it could arrive quite soon after the main quake – we're talking perhaps ten of minutes rather than hours – and you can see how serious it will be.

The fact of the matter is that based on the region's past geological history over many thousands of years, with physical evidence of previous major quake and tsunami events, another CSZ megathrust quake is not only likely, it's a given. It could happen today, or it might be 100 years from now, but sooner or later there will be such a quake and a magnitude 9 event is not unlikely.

We all recall the videos from Japan, showing how the tsunamis accumulated and then went over the tops of massive reinforced concrete sea walls that were often ten metres (over 30 feet) high. We also can remember that although those walls were over-topped and in many cases destroyed, they gave many local inhabitants those extra vital moments to flee for their lives to higher ground. There is no question that those defensive walls built around so many coastal towns helped to save many lives.

How many towns along the PNW coast have anti-tsunami sea walls – massively strong reinforced concrete walls at least thirty feet high?

I think you all know the answer.

And it makes me wonder, because as the authorities – the ones with the power to spend public money to improve public safety – as these people have been made aware by their own US-based scientists that one day, a huge tsunami will hit the PNW coast, as they have all seen what such a massive inrush of sea water can do, why are they not making every effort now to try and protect people's lives while they still have time?

One day, there will be no time left. One day, it will be too late and people are going to die needlessly because those in power have put this problem in the “too hard” basket and left it for future authorities to deal with. And one day, the future will be now, the losses will be unbearable, the suffering will be awful, and the cost, both human and economic, will be greater than anything the nation has seen within its own borders in its entire history. And so much of that suffering and loss of life could be avoided if people who have the power to make decisions would make them.

But they won't.

And this brings me to the New Madrid Seismic Zone. Detailed studies, including those by the Dept of Homeland Security, have shown that if another quake hits the region that is anywhere near as strong as the series that struck in 1811 – 1812, the devastation will be massive. Again, authorities are well aware of what can happen there, and again, they simply don't want to know. They'd rather pretend that it will simply happen “some day” and hopefully long after they have left office, but again, they are living in their own deluded world and just will not face up to reality and take action to minimize the impact on their people.

Forgive the long posts, but there is a reason I have written all this. It's both to remind us that huge, devastating quakes and tsunamis don't just happen elsewhere, they can occur in the US as well. And the US is, in my opinion, drastically under-prepared for such an event, both in its efforts to try and minimize loss of life and in dealing with the aftermath.

This is why I earnestly hope that there will not be a major US quake in the near future. I'm not talking about a California quake; while that could be very bad, it pales in comparison to the potential of either a CSZ or NMSZ event.

I have to say that right now, I don't have any indicators for a major event -- certainly not in the US. However, that's just my take on it and I've been wrong before. But as my posts make clear, I would rather never see such a massive event within the US lands because of the terrible consequences that are sure to follow.

I have not even discussed the two nuclear reactors that sit by the sea in Southern California. I only hope that whatever happens, they will hold up. Ditto the one in Arkansas.

Mike

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hi. JM!
Glad to see you're back! Was beginning to worry as I hadn't even noticed your 'footprints' anywhere on ATS!
It's been pretty empty around here lately! I miss all the regulars from the Arkansas thread too!
But 'boring' is a good thing when it means no earthquakes!!!

I've often wondered about all the people who now live where the New Madrid quakes happened.
I wonder how many of them have built right next to the old cracks & fissures & don't even know it,
now that time has erased some of the scars!
We had to do a flood plain check when we bought our house. I wonder if there are any type of requirements in eq zones?

It would be disastrous if a major eq happened in the midwest. I imagine the percentage of people with eq insurance is pretty low.
But if it isn't, how could the insurance companies even begin to cover all of the claims?
The government wouldn't be much help either with the shape it's in!!!
Like you said about all the different types of losses there would be.
They would be immeasurable.
It would take so long to try & get everything back to normal. But it would never be the same.
Time would come to be measured differently. People would start to refer to things happening as, 'before the big quake' & 'after the big quake'!

Maybe, if everyone is lucky, there will be some good sized moderate ones before the big one.
Just enough to shake people out of their complacency & normalcy bias!!!
WOQ

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Most of the *mainstream* prediction methods use seismic or gravitational data to forewarn of earthquakes. I'm not sure what the animals are tuning into, if they are actually forecasting. There is a lot of psychological filtering that can cause the hindsight ordering of events to change. After an earthquake you are looking back through your memory for a cause and it is easy to find supporting evidence.

Alternative methods for detecting an earthquake might be classified. What if there was an elite group that had access to satellite gravimetric data for example and actually could predict earthquakes with a higher rate of accuracy than is used to warn the public? Could they profit from that information in the global stock markets?

As an example what would have happened if such a group knew about the Japanese tsunami and sold the global stock markets short ahead of time?

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join