It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Little weirdness in my world... fell asleep around 7 PM, that NEVER happens. Woke up a little after midnight quite abruptly, now wide awake. Dizzy, very very nauseous and trying not to puke... a lot of pressure in my ears. Not sure what it is but something is really not right. Heavy, is the only word I've got for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Hmmmmmmmm

please journal your symptoms and note the time etc. and any other impressions you have.

The categories I've arrived at tentatively so far . . . though I'd add a column for each for a 1-10 rating of intensity . . .

are as follows . . .

SOUNDS GREAT.

THANKS THANKS

Am copying this to JustMike, too.

I'm on page 103 going through pulling out symptoms from the posts.

You could take the even #'d pages and I could take the odd and we could finish quicker.

I'm going back to bed before long and will continue later today.

Here's titles I have for columns on 3 Xcell spreadsheets:

I'D PLANNED TO INCLUDE A COLUMN TO THE RIGHT OF EACH OF THESE COLUMS FOR A 1-10
DEGREE OF SEVERITY RATING.

1. people symptoms:

LOCATION BACK PAINS

EARS BLOCKED EARS RINGING

EAR TONES EAR PRESSURE

EARS POPPING FOOT PAINS

HEADACHE
FRONT

HEADACHE
LEFT TEMPLE

HEADACHE
RIGHT TEMPLE

HEADACHE
BACK

GENERAL HEAT

NECK
WHERE

ELECTRIC
TINGLING
SENSATIONS

STOMACH
QUEASY

STOMACH
SHARP STABBING
PAINS

DIZZINESS
VERTIGO

LEG
WHERE
& TYPE

ARM
WHERE
& TYPE

BACK
PAIN
WHERE
& TYPE

GENERAL
UNEASE
MALAISE

HAND
WHERE
& TYPE
LEG/FEET
SWELLING
WHERE

ARM HAND
SWELLING
WHERE

===========

2. ANIMALS

CATS
YEOWLING
VOLUME

CATS
RUNNING
AROUND

CATS
CLINGY
CLOSE 2
HUMANS

CATS
PACING
BACK &
FORTH

CATS
GENERAL
RESTLESSNESS

CATS
HISSING
SCREACHING

DOGS
CLINGY

DOGS
PACING

DOGS
GROWLING

DOGS
WHINING
WHIMPERING

DOGS
RUNNING
AROUND

3. DREAMS OF QUAKES

DREAM OF QUAKE SUMMARY IN 1-3 SENTENCES

POSSIBLE/ PROBABLE LOCATION IN DREAM

WHERE HAD
THE DREAM

SENSE OF
HOW SOON

MAGNITUDE
IMPRESSION
GUESSTIMATE

PERCENT OF
BUILDINGS
COLLAPSED
IN DREAM

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I haven't got very good at this kind of thing yet. Maybe I will start a journal, I don't know if I would follow through with it to be honest because I am just starting to catch on to the symptoms.

I just want to note here that the pressure and cold feeling is back in my head. I noted it down before on another thread. The day the 4.0 happened on the New Madrid it literally felt like a balloon popped in my head. It made me sit up in bed, look around and the pressure was gone. Later that morning after starting the day I realized there had been a quake. Does it mean anything
Who knows.

Now it is back full force. Pressure in my ears and pressure and cold feeling on top of my head. I also feel excited once again like I am all dressed up and waiting to go to prom like a teenage girl. I just want to log it down as a reference for me to follow.

You gave me some great tips and I appreciated them very much. I will try the journal thing, but no promises.

E.T.A. I can't hold a thought very long either. Hard to stay focused.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Please insure you get the proper medical care for yourself.

I still wash my sinuses out nightly with the NeilMed kit from Wallgreen's. I use the bottle instead of the netipot.

In terms of a journal--a commitment of one sentence per night should be easy enough to manage. Just keep it by your bed or easy chair and discipline yourself to do it as part of your nighttime routine.

The one sentence can include the important symptoms etc.

I hope your symptoms let up! DOODNESS!

Prayers N hugs.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Been to the doc twice now for it. He sent me home the first time, and to the dentist the second. Short of getting my head scanned, (which I am seriously considering) I can only chalk it up to Allergies or earthquake related.

That is why I am logging it here. If within say the next five days NMad decides to blow off a little steam and the pressure goes away I hopefully can pin it to that.

I appreciate the prayers and I send blessings your way for being so caring.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

You are more than welcome and more than worth it.

Please keep us posted on how the physical symptoms are going.

Love the dog pic.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Some strong heart palpitations tonight.

I too did not get anything from that quake in Mexico City. Part of it was I hurt my toe really bad that morning and I didn't focus on anything much other than that, body wise.

For the past week or so, I have been having continous pressure behind my ears. It amps up some times. Tonight it has moved to the back of my skull and feels tingly. And alot of top down pressure. General unease/nausea.

ETA: Mother of My Goodness! Since writing this my heart palps have gone off the charts. Like Japan. If there is nothing in the next 2-24 hours, I will be shocked. And then I will call and have a new series of exams run, even though the last ones were perfectly normal. Oh geez. I am afraid to write more because I feel nutty and you are going to tell me to see a doc. But I am healthy. WTH. My spine is tingling too.

Good night. I will write the rest in my personal journal.
edit on 21-3-2012 by amarenell because: Add

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

DOODNESS!

Please take care of yourself!

Congrats on journaling.

Will try and get your data into the spreadsheet when I get caught-up with it. Tomorrow is a busy day.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Older cat in & out under the desk tonight. Not under all the way though like the younger one does. He hasn't gone under there for awhile. He was chasing the other one quite a bit today. Even looking for her when she was sleeping & sitting & staring at her! Wonder if he feels something & blames her for it?!!!

Hubby felt pressure off & on today. Especially at noon EDT. Asked a few times tonight if anything was showing up. He slept through the time of the 6.6 though!

I had mild ear buzzing off & on, again right now too, but nothing else except still have a lot more energy than usual.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Major headache came on 10 minutes ago. Throbbing pain in both sides of my head and around the front of my forehead some. Had bad nausea earlier which strangely has passed or I just don't notice it because of the headache. Would rate it about a 7/10 on my pain scale. Going to lay down, just wanted to make a note.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Pretty comprehensive list there. One thing I'd like to offer for your consideration under the "dreams" section is that not all dreams that might link to quakes will necessarily be about quakes.

Do you recall that thread I posted back in October last year entitled "Strange Dream about a Spacecraft..."? We had some interesting discussions there, especially after I posted the following. (I've edited it down a bit):

[snip] ... I grew up in South Australia, in a semi-rural area north of Adelaide, the capital. That's where I was "living" within the time frame shown in my dream.

[snip]

Anyway, to explain why I'm pointing this out now, a little under 2 hours after I posted this thread, there was a magnitude 3.3 earthquake in the Adelaide hills area in South Australia. Okay, those of you who know anything about quakes will be aware that a mag 3.3 is nothing special in the greater scheme of things. The fact is, though, that in the Adelaide region of South Australia, quakes that can actually be felt are very, very rare. There have only been a couple in the last 20 years, with the most recent one being about 18 months ago.

I just find it a very strange coincidence that only a couple of hours after I post a dream that I considered strange largely because it was based around where I lived years ago, they get one of their very rare quakes. It's more strange because after four years on ATS this is the very first time I have started a thread just to discuss a dream.

Here's the problem: a dream about spacecraft and their seemingly very human occupants (aliens??) doesn't seem to relate to earthquakes at all. But as anyone who wants to check my posting history can confirm, at least half of my posts on ATS relate to earthquakes, volcanism and similar topics. I have very few posts in the UFO/Aliens threads. I'm interested in the topic but it's not my main pursuit. Quakes are.

So if there is any connection I can't figure it out and would love some ideas.

(The original, unedited post is here)

And yes, we got a few ideas. I won't go into them here, but they are in that thread. The key thing was that as coincidences go, this was a biggie. Yes, the dream didn't show a quake as such, but it showed an "event" that brought people out of their houses in the middle of the night. (And by the way, that quake actually hit the region in the wee small hours.)

So I'm thinking that if we want to review data from dreams, we might gain something by going beyond the ones that directly show a quake and also consider ones that show extraordinary events, and/or seem very specific for location -- as mine was.

Best regards,

edit on 22/3/12 by JustMike because: ˙sɹoɹɹǝ lɐɔıɥdɐɹƃodʎʇ lɐnsn ǝɥʇ ʇsnɾ

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am still not having much as far as symptoms go, slight headache with occasional dizziness and ear ringing. But what I want to state is that my outside cats have been demanding to come in. We are having cloudy skies with some occasional light rain. Don't know if it's the weather, earth or what is going on.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Your post was really fascinating to me. I live in the Reno area and I have had dizzy spells anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before one hits. I remember the quake swarm we had here in the area, and I did have a few reactions before the larger ones hit. I also believe that some people are more sensitive to earth energies than others. Thankyou for your post, good to know I'm not just imagining things.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

It has been a strange day for me. Frontal headache started about 2 central time. I went out to the lake with my hubby and read a book while he fished. First sitting on a picnic bench but then felt uncomfortable and told him I needed to sit in one of those folding chairs. We came home about 5 the intensity of the headache and dizziness was about a 7. Came in took a shower went to lay in the bed, saw the eq from chile someone had posted on fb. For the next 2 hrs while our local helicorder showed major ripples my blue and gold macaws were psycho. Nothing would calm them down usually a peanut butter sandwich and they are happy birds. The rottweiler whimpered and the little dogs were all in the bed with me as were the cats but all of them jumping up and running to the door and back to the bed. I heard tones and had ear pressure and the ear pressure is still there. But uncommon for me is this sense of absolute exhaustion. At 10 pm all animals are quiet my pain level is at an 8 with feet and all joints and back hurting. It feels silly like I had been doing strenuous exercise all day not sitting and reading a book. I still can't get over the feeling that its not done yet ...thats not the big one that is coming.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

EARS BLOCKED EARS RINGING

EAR TONES EAR PRESSURE

Just a few minutes ago, and just for the record:
My ear was having a pressure change and there was ringing at the same time. I live (somewhere!) in the upper MidWest, not a stone's throw from NewMadrid. By Iowa. But I had posted this phenomenon before here, not too many posts back, and I think there were geologic stirrings.
This might be........nothing.
But if not........

e.t.a.: I went to the usgs.gov just now. (5:54pm central) They show two richter 2's. One in Missouri and one in Arkansas, in this last few days. Thats interesting. Ain't it???
edit on 26-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: edit to ad

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Had to lay down earlier, had some serious vertigo going on around 1 PM, thought I was going to pass out. Had a small 3.5 around 1:30 followed by a 2.6 two minutes later just south of here in Fontana CA... don't know if that's what was bothering me but I'm assuming so. Now I've had a headache coming on... around a 4/10 at the moment. Kitten's in a panic but my mother's packing up to take a short Vegas vacation and things are a mess around the house so I think she may just be stressed about all of that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

I'm in central time. I see on earthquake.usgs.gov... that there are 3 squares in red, which means 3 (tho small) shakers in the last hour, in CA, as of my writing this. But looking at California, it looks like a dog drowning in fleas, with all these yellow, blue, and red squares.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: fix

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Feels like it's been a little more active around here than usual just eyeballing it but I don't really know for sure. All these little mini quakes nobody feels seem to mess with me a bit internally though. Still got the headache that started 5 hours ago and a lot of muscle tension build up in my neck and shoulders, just feel lousy today.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

That whole neck and shoulder tension mention sort of threw me. I noticed this building in me as well for the past few hours. I can't think of any reason personally for it, but it is fairly tight with a temple tension ache.

Thought I would mention it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

Same, headache is in the temple area. Not under any particular amount of stress at the moment but definitely feels like a tension headache.

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join