It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hey everyone that has been responding to me, thank you. I feel like we are in our own little empathic pre cog corner of the world, lol. You guys and gals help me keep my sanity, and I hope I help you all somehow. In the end, I just appreciate the e-holding of hands. Thanks.

Had a dream last night that really, really bothered me. I might post about it later, but it was bad bad. I'm in the Midwest, not really too familiar with Portland, let alone some place that I have never heard of and had to google this morning, Gresham, OR. Google says it's like a suburb or Portland. I'm a army vet, and this scared the pee out of me.

Overall pressure feels a tiny bit less this morning. However the feeling of "it" coming has doubled for me since yesterday, but the anxiety is down.

Still following the Japan sequence almost identically.

When the ear ringing picks up lots more and my nervousness or anxiety is replaced with total calm, then I'm going to completely freak.

Until then, damn I hate this ride.

Take care good people,

Love and peace always

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks for posting, man.
If your dream was anything like as bad as mine then you have my sympathy. They can be really rough.

Have a couple of things I'd like to discuss but for now I thought it best just to send you a message. So, please check your U2Us.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Hey everyone that has been responding to me, thank you. I feel like we are in our own little empathic pre cog corner of the world, lol. You guys and gals help me keep my sanity, and I hope I help you all somehow. In the end, I just appreciate the e-holding of hands. Thanks.

Had a dream last night that really, really bothered me. I might post about it later, but it was bad bad. I'm in the Midwest, not really too familiar with Portland, let alone some place that I have never heard of and had to google this morning, Gresham, OR. Google says it's like a suburb or Portland. I'm a army vet, and this scared the pee out of me.

Overall pressure feels a tiny bit less this morning. However the feeling of "it" coming has doubled for me since yesterday, but the anxiety is down.

Still following the Japan sequence almost identically.

When the ear ringing picks up lots more and my nervousness or anxiety is replaced with total calm, then I'm going to completely freak.

Until then, damn I hate this ride.

Take care good people,

Love and peace always

Come on now....
You can't say all of that and not tell us the dream you had!!! I wanna know....I wanna know!!!!!

I am assuming the dream was about an EQ in Oregon???

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Rrrrrrrrr.

Just googled a bunch of stuff to help me validate my own dream. I did a look up of the name of the place I saw, and then did a google street view. 100% of it being the place in my dream. It is Gresham, and that would be Portland nearby. And even though it is in my name, I don't dream about laser tag...I'm just a Dad that likes playing the game with his kids.

2.15.12 6:30 am scs
I am playing laser tag, and I thought I got shoved or tripped. Once on the ground, I can feel it beneath me rolling.  I can feel myself getting nervous. My ears start ringing when I'm on the ground, at the bottom of an orange painted ramp.

I stand up and start screaming at everyone to get out. 

At first, they laugh at me and think I'm crazy. Then it's like I turn into a ghost, as people are walking right through me. 

I feel the ground rumbling, not as strong as before, but almost constant now.

Alarms are going off now, and the players are running out of the arena, through a brightly lit, lobby with lots of video games, and lots of windows.

Outside now, people hurt, blood everywhere. I'm physical again, helping people, giving first aid.

The ground is still rumbling, and the sky to the left, west, is starting to darken. 

The sounds, omg the sounds. It's just horrible to hear the crying, the screaming.

I don't know how much time has passed, but as I am helping tie off a bandage on an old black man, I see myself becoming transparent again. 

Just as I notice me turning into a ghost again, the old man smiles and says, "it's ok, your real job is to survive and help others later."

I'm crying so hard now in the dream.

The sound is getting louder now, and somehow I know exactly what it is. I am screaming insanely now, and I can feel myself becoming solid again.

I'm screaming to get to high ground. Please get to high ground, please.

I am standing in front of this plaza that has this laser tag place, and to my right, I can see a large mountain by itself. In front of me is broken buildings and people, and in the distance a little ways, maybe a mile, I can see large commercial boats sitting on the ground in a larger, empty river. 

I can see a city to the left that has nothing but crumbling buildings and fires. And behind me is that plaza with the laser tag place, and behind that the ground slopes up, hill like.

I look down at this old black man, who has the most beautiful face now, and he says it's time.

Time for what I ask. He says to either help a little now, or to lead in the future.

I look down again and he is gone. 

The rumbling is so loud now, and just then it sounds and feels like a massive eq to the left where the remains of the downtown is.

There is one building that is taller than the rest, even though it is broken in half.

I look down again hoping the man was there, and when I look up I can see a wall of water that is bigger than that last broken building.

I'm screaming again to run, mostly physical again, and people are running now. 

The wall of water is moving so fast, I can see nothing but bodies in the wave and time now slows down, everything moving in slow motion.

I look down and see the old man is back, trying to crawl towards the hill behind us. 

And at that moment, the water hits. 

Everything blurs for a moment, and then I am floating. Next thing I know, I'm hundreds of feet over the ground. 

I see nothing but water to the left, and it goes all the way to the mountain to the right, surrounding it.

While looking around, I start slowly slipping out of the dream. I wake up crying. I know everyone is dead in the dream.

.......that's it.

Look, just saying that i'm not in the mood to get beat up over this dream. I am NOT saying this is going to happen, and I have been praying harder than ever in my life this morning for it to never happen.

I don't want to scare anyone, while at the same time, I am scared to post this. Its just a dream ok.

Peace and Love  

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing. Sharing a dream is personal and I think very much like bearing your soul and I think your dream reflects how deeply you care. You and Mike are tapped into something huge that you are both accessing in your sleep state, when consciousness can be picking up universal information without the interruption of our ego selves to interfere with it. Dreams can also be a reflection of our inner fears but I don't think your dream is about that. The details you and Mike are seeing in your dreams make me think that there is an impending disaster about to happen, or the possibility of what can happen if the right elements come together, at the very least.

Based on what everyone is posting recently, this is all so very very startling.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing this. Believe me, I know it's not easy to open up and share such things. Often it's a case of setting up the post and then taking a deep breath and saying, "Okay, here goes," and hitting the 'REPLY' key.

You know, I've got several predictions logged in this thread and before every one, I had to go through that agonizing, inward questioning: to post or not? Do I say what I believe, or do I just stay silent?

And posting that dream I had -- yeah, that was hard to do. Now it's there, it's untouchable by me, I can't change a word of it. Even years hence, anyone can read it and make their own decisions as to its worth.

But on balance I'd rather it was there than not. And I feel the same about your post. Better to have it here than not.

So, I sincerely hope that no-one will beat on you for what you've shared. People who might think along those lines need to take a step back and put themselves in your place, or mine, or the others here who have shared such things. They should consider that we're people, we have feelings and we are not just playing around. We are rational and trying to keep a balanced perspective, as best we can.

Yes, maybe it was just a dream. But maybe it was something more. We can only wait and see.

Again, thank you for sharing it.

Mike

edit on 15/2/12 by JustMike because: typos

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Ty, I appreciate the support, cause it is scary sharing something this personal.I really hope there is nothing. I really do.

And just curious as I don't know this answer, how long typically before aftershocks start happening? Shouldn't we be seeing some from the last quake off Oregon? Anyone?

and yes I know I could ask over at the Q thread, but tempers and egos seem to be the order of the day over there today (love him for his knowledge, but agreeing with the others responding today, just saying)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Wow, thank you so much...

Ty

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by JustMike

I just wanted to take a minute and thank both of you for sharing those dreams. Sometimes posting anything on ATS can get ya flamed (even if it's just you see the sky as blue), so the fact you two posted something so personal earned ya some extra points in my book!

I will be honest and say, when it comes to EQs I gotta rely on you all here to know what's what. One part of me is wondering what the next few weeks has in store, but another side is wondering if we are all getting a "vibe" from the upcoming Japan EQ Anniversary and that's putting everyone a little on edge. Plus, at least here in East TN, the weather just doesn't feel normal & something just feels "off". Hard to explain I guess.

Just know I'm thinking about you both & I hope these next few weeks pass without any big shakes.

OiO

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sounds very authentic and congruent to me.

And, very similar to 100's of other dreams about the not distant future.

Certainly everyone in such areas needs to be aware of high ground nearby at all times . . . and head there rapidly at the slightest significant urging.

THANKS TONS FOR SHARING THAT. Very prophetic, undoubtedly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What's the phrase . . .

"Damned are the gifted."

You're far from damned by that dream.

However, there seems to be a cost for being gifted.

Certainly being sobered earlier than most is one cost.

Risking ridicule is another.

I just want to insist--it is NOT a 'nothing' dream. I feel that fiercely strongly.

Therefore what, I don't know but I'm utterly convinced it will turn out to be extremely prophetic in several ways.

I don't know that you will iterally be in a situation exactly like you were in that situation in your dream. However, I do believe that those events will occur more or less as you saw them.

Would be nice to say otherwise but that's just my truth on reading your dream.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

thanks for sharing, I know it hard to. I guess its time for us to keep a pen and pad by the bed so we can all write down any of these dreams we might have. They may become important to someone elses or our survival

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Still waiting for an aftershock from the eq today.

Do we always get aftershocks? How long between main quake and aftershock is normal??

Thanks in advance.

Peace and Love

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I had a dream about a large quake here in Cali last night as well, but I'm willing to bet it was only brought on by my fears and how focused I was on everything happening up north yesterday. It was a very scary dream though, felt as real as anything. I woke up and had to check USGS immediately to see if I had actually slept through a quake and felt the shaking in my dream because it was so intensely real to me. Just a 2.0 about 20 miles away this morning while I was still asleep. I don't remember much detail other than the cars being thrown about like toys. And trying to text my boyfriend to let him know I was okay but that we were without power after the quake. However, this is the first dream I've been able to remember any of in the last few weeks. I don't know what that means, if anything.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
[snippy snip]
And just curious as I don't know this answer, how long typically before aftershocks start happening? Shouldn't we be seeing some from the last quake off Oregon? Anyone?[snippy snip]

These quakes off Oregon, Washington and up into the Van Island region don't always produce aftershocks. I recall some in that region of mag 5 or bigger that had no aftershocks at all.

On the other hand, sometimes there are aftershocks but USGS is a bit slow to post the details. There can be perfectly valid reasons for this. To give you an example, that mag 5.7 off Vancouver Island on Feb 4 occurred at 20:05:32 UTC and popped up on the quake maps very quickly, but the mag 4.8 aftershock near the same location at 20:08:57 UTC (less than 4 minutes later) didn't show on the maps for about a day.

Why? It's very likely because the seismo traces (wave forms) were pretty well “flooded” by the larger quake, so the auto-detection systems didn't even pick up on that aftershock. However, when seismologists were reviewing all the data and wave forms of the mag 5.7 they no doubt noticed the traces with characteristic P and S waves of a separate event, even though these were partially obscured by the slowly-fading traces of the bigger one. Once they had analysed data from several reporting stations they were able to confirm the aftershock's magnitude, location and depth and then manually add it to the maps and the database.

So, it's possible that this could also happen with this mag 6.0. There may already have been an aftershock (or several), but if they occurred very soon after the main shock then there will be a delay in adding them. Or, as I said, perhaps they're won't be any aftershocks.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 15/2/12 by JustMike because: of a typo.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
3.5 in San Francisco Bay wonder if its relevant?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Just making note because this is really confusing me, a couple hours ago my right knee started giving me pain for absolutely no reason, I can hardly walk on my right leg. I haven't done anything to it, didn't go anywhere or do any running, most I've walked is from the bedroom to the kitchen and bathroom today. Never injured my knee in the past, it was fine this morning and for several hours today until about 8 PM tonight. My mom says her ankle does that with "environmental changes", but she injured it when she was younger. Don't know what mine's reacting to, the weather is pretty normal. Really frustrated, going to try to call it an early night (at almost 1 AM). Hope it's not trying to tell me anything, other than "you're getting old."

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Having that old, not so good feeling.

A couple of hours to go. Max.

Past two nights I've felt like I need to climb. Rope, wall, hill. Not sure what.

The sadness surged ten minutes ago. Silent screaming, no air.

Mostly this is mental notes for myself later. Hopefully all is well.

Oh and I too am having right leg pain for no know case.

Love and Light

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Hello Lois,

looking at it from a general perspective, this magnitude 3.5 in the SF Bay area is probably not directly related to what's going on in the PNW around the Cascadia Subduction Zone, as smaller quakes are not that uncommon there. Let me put it this way: it would be very hard to show any kind of direct link between the two. The SF Bay area quake (located about 23 miles NNE of SF City Hall) occurred in a spot that has at least four lesser faults around it and all of those faults have been located due to such quakes.

It was a pretty shallow quake but they often are around there, so hopefully it's nothing of great concern. I don't have any indications for anything major in the SF area right now. If others have, I hope they'll post details.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333
and also to
post by amarenell

Interesting that you've both reported right knee pain of no known physical cause. I have the same right now but it's not too bad. I also (but rarely) get a very intense, throbbing pain but I have not been able to link it to anything specific. Like you, it just appears out of nowhere.

However in my case age could be a factor, as I've taken some pretty major knocks and bumps in the last fifty-plus years.

All the same, it's worth noting so I'd like to thank you both for posting.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join