It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by JustMike
Question for all: is our ability to sense time a product of the energy involved in the "piece" of time? Does anyone follow me? Time and energy are intertwined, after all.
And if there is a variable energy component, could it be that some events in time somehow overflow their boundaries -- if that makes sense?
Okay, I didn't put that well, but hopefully it might mean something. As I said, it's basically just come out as I think it.
Magnitude 3.0 - OKLAHOMA
2011 November 09 12:08:36 UTC
* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
* Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 12:08:36 UTC
* Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 06:08:36 AM at epicenter
Location 35.531°N, 96.770°W
Depth 4.9 km (3.0 miles)
* 9 km (6 miles) NW (304°) from Prague, OK
* 10 km (6 miles) SSE (153°) from Sparks, OK
* 12 km (8 miles) ENE (72°) from Meeker, OK
* 26 km (16 miles) NE (35°) from Shawnee, OK
* 69 km (43 miles) E (85°) from Oklahoma City, OK
* 304 km (189 miles) N (0°) from Dallas, TX
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 7.7 km (4.8 miles); depth +/- 3.1 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters NST= 17, Nph= 24, Dmin=26.7 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp=101°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
* Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Location: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID usb0006med
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.
There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.