It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Really cool of you to share all of that.

Nice

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First ear ringing since the last time.

But the general pressure feels really off, and building. Just had second best day of my life. Its the great days combined with the feeling that make me nervous.

Feeling really nervous right now. Hope it passes and is nothing.

And just to note, I felt nothing during the recent 7's.

But definitely feeling everything now.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

If it helps others to deal with things then I'm glad to share.

Regarding your follow-on post, it's often difficult to know if the nervousness or uneasiness we sometimes feel is connected or not. In my case, sometimes such feelings come along and then they go away again and nothing happens. It's when the feeling just seems to build and build that I take more notice of it.

To put this in perspective, generally speaking I'm pretty laid back. I don't let myself worry too much over things (not point to do so, really), so when I get such feelings that have no apparent cause I start looking around for external influences.

If you note any increase in your nervousness and you cannot tie it in to any known, reasonable cause then by all means let me know if you wish to. You can either post here or if you want to be sure I know asap then send me a U2U. I try to visit the site every day where it's practical for me to do so.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ear ringing is coming and going today, the rest of the feelings are still there.

Having another super awesome day, loving life. But darn it, that pressure and feeling of something is just riding behind everything.

It's hard to describe. Uber awesome luck and life, very strong feeling of something really big coming soon, like now or within the next day or two at max. Feels like a rope being pulled with greatness on one side, and utter ruin on the other.

Hope it snaps over to the good side.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Laser, I haven't been here in a while and I am floored. Your last post described what I have been feeling EXACTLY. My personal life is splendid, I mean really really good. To the point of just random people all day being nice to me. But this feeling of ...something ... I don't know what. And it's coming.
I get feelings from the earthquakes. Actually, I thought the Turkey one was for my area, and went to sleep that night thinking I would wake to chaos in the morning. (JustMike, that was why I was so interested in your GOM worries.
I didn't worry about it, just accepted that what would be would be.
But this feeling in my solar plexus of pressure has been steadily growing for the past 3 days. Last night, I began to think of it almost like a cocoon that has gotten too tight. Odd, I know, but it feels apt. The feelings are somewhat anxious and different from any others I have had in the past.
I don't worry about it, really. I can't make any changes to what may or may not happen, just react in the moment to any given situation.
Thank you laser, for continuing to post your "sensations." It helps to know that we are not alone in these sort of things, since here IRL no one I know understands them, much less feels them.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Glad to see I'm not the only one going through these things.

I've been feeling more happy & excited...like when you're looking forward to something and can't wait - except I'm not. I mean everything is going ridiculously well in my life, and I mean things that would've never happened before, are. But, at the same time I see...I don't even know how to word this...an ending? Like a....argh...words suck at descriptions for this.

I guess it's like contrasting realities within the one reality? Something monumental is approaching that will change everything...but instead of feeling doom-like...it feels like I'm about to bust out of chains. Break free of a dark prison? Um...or maybe like I get to ...nevermind. When I try to write out the actual feeling, it doesn't make any sense even though it makes perfect sense in the feeling.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

Thank you. And I'm just trying to figure all of this out really.

More sheer happiness, like some of the best days in my life. Kids, career, and romance are all on a level that I have never lived through before. Pure success.

However, today I got this deep sadness mid morning, and it felt like it was coming from everywhere at once.

The feeling is soo deep that it feels simply surreal. Like this ride is already turned on, and I'm strapped into this seat.

And for the record, continued ear ringing, but everything is at the same level as yesterday.

Strongest feeling of knowing and accepting the near future.

Please let this be a good ride.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am having the loudest and longest ear ringing that I have ever had. Started in left ear, now in both.

It's so loud it is irritating.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello..... Is there anybody out there?

I have been busy lately, but the antsy feeling is still there. Like a nagging toothache. Tonight, it is a bit more than usual, but that could have been the chocolate malt.

I've been having trouble sleeping. Since my last post and that is abby-normal for me. So while I generally ignore this sensation, it is effecting me without my attention to it. I am a go-with-my-gut kind of girl (after whatever it is to death with logic
) and my gut has spoken. Somethings gonna pop. Don't know what, don't know where, but it is gonna pop. Blow, rupture, explode and whatever other synonym you can think up. Hopefully, mother nature decides to make a donkey out of me and prove that I am a blundering nincompoop.

Love Light and all that Jazz

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

Glad to see someone else here. I was beginning to think it was just me!
I've been very 'antsy' since yesterday morning. Feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. Never felt like this for so long before.
Feeling a little better, but now my ears started buzzing!
I think a big quake is coming. My husband is usually the one to feel them & he agrees.

I couldn't sleep last night, my sister said she couldn't either. She said my niece's husband feels weird today too. He never felt like this before he said! We all live in different towns, but same state...PA.

It will be interesting to see what happens. There are supposed to be solar flares going on too.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly and post by amarenell

Hello to you both!

WOQ, I read your posts on the QuakeWatch thread yesterday and saw that you were feeing edgy. I was too, but at the time I read it, I didn't feel able to write a reasonably coherent reply.

Perhaps I should expand on that.... I didn't write any posts on any threads yesterday. I just read what people were saying and tried to relate it to how I was feeling. Sometimes I am just unable to write replies, almost as if I'm afraid that what I could say might make me look a bit crazy or something; it's an odd feeling for someone like me who's known for sometimes being garrulous, but that's how it is.

Even writing this is difficult. I keep going back and erasing and re-writing bits of it. Can't settle my thoughts.

Those quakes in OK are troubling. Ones in the high 4 to low 5 mag range are relatively rare there; getting a series of aftershocks within a few hours is also rare, as in the past they have tended to occur over a period of days.

That suggests a deal more instability there than has been observed in recent history -- meaning the past century or so. On the other hand, it could be argued that the past century was just a bit quieter than normal and perhaps what we're seeing now is closer to the long-term seismic norm for the region. I expect this is not the case but it needs to be considered as well.

Amanda René, I can assure you that you are no nincompoop, let alone a blundering one.
I am interested that you also were feeling "antsy" as your post was perhaps an hour or so before the mag 4.7 in OK. I know you're offline now (as it's verrry early morning in the US) but would be glad for any more comments relating to how you feel now. If you can "scale" your feelings over a period of days -- a kind of "antsiness index", if you will -- then that could be useful too.

And WasObservingQueitly, if you could also add any comments or observations from both your own and your husband's perspective I'd appreciate it. I know you've said that he also feels a bigger quake is coming but any ideas of where -- even very generally -- would be most welcome.

I honestly have no idea on this score. As you'd both know by reading back through the thread, I sometimes can get a very good indication for where and even post lat. and long. coordinates in some cases, but this time I just don't know. This bothers me because it's when I also feel "antsy" but can't work out a "where", the trend has been that the quake will be quite large and often with casualties. But where?

Where will it be??

I can't even hazard a guess.
Okay, I can say that the time frame looks like within around three days up to a max of five days, but that's just based on similar feelings I've had in the past and doesn't help much, because while timing is useful, location is key.

Mike

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't think the OK quakes are done yet. My ears are buzzing and ringing and I feel like my head is going to explode. What usually happens is that it builds and builds and after it happens I feel all better but today I get a tiny release after the tremor then the building starts again and its even causing pressure on my eyes. No I'm not having sinus trouble. I'm a nurse and can usually tell the difference if its just me or picking up on outside influences. I hope they stop soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ears are ringing again today.

Feel very apathetic.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hi, Mike.

I feel much better today. Only some slight ear buzzing.
I could hardly do anything before. All fumble fingered & dropping stuff! Off balance sometimes when I walked. The anxious feeling is the worst part though!

My husband feels better too, but still thinks there's a big one coming. He said his ears really hurt & the muscle across the left side of his chest hurts. He started to go into a seizure twice this week, but I was able to massage his neck & bring him out of it before he got in too deep! But is that earthquake related too? It can happen when he's really over tired, but is that exhausted feeling eq related? Kind of the chicken or the egg thing!

We haven't known about this eq connection long enough to figure out where it might be though! That is new info for us! Japan's big one was when we really caught on to all of this! He looked awful! It's really intriguing!

He's much more sensitive to it than I am. I just don't think OK could have bothered me that much, for so long. Not the 5.7 or 5.8's either. I didn't notice anything before VA's 5.8, & I even felt the shaking from that one! But if it is because of an impending big one, why have my symptoms almost gone away? Still lots of the puzzle pieces missing! Can't wait to learn more!

Hope you feel better!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi Lois, Laser, and WOQ,

thanks to all of you for posting comments, feelings and observations. Always good to have them on record here.

I'm not feeling so great myself but that may be partly due to other factors besides those that are quake-sensitivity related. I still feel we need to keep our eyes and ears open.

Just for your info and to add to your list of useful links, here's one to the Leonard Geophysical Observatory, which is actually a great souce of data for quakes in Oklahoma. They maintain a list of quakes and also there's an interactive map on the same page. (ie it's clickable.)

My feelings about OK? I'm honestly in two minds about it. I feel that right now, things are looking unsteady in some regions in the US that had been fairly stable for years. Frankly I'm still more concerned about Arkansas, but that's partly because if there's a big quake there, it might affect the Arkansas Nuclear One power station that's only 50 miles west of Guy, AR.

Note that I say "might". It would take something major to do any real harm to that plant, but we all know from Japan's Fukushima plants that a cascade of technical problems can lead to difficulties that were originally thought almost impossible -- until they happen.

Also -- and again, this is for anyone and everyone -- if you have a little time, please take a look at CONTEMPORARY NEWSPAPER ACCOUNTS OF MISSISSIPPI VALLEY EARTHQUAKES OF 1811-1812. This compilation includes some extraordinary and frankly quite chilling accounts, both from eyewitnesses and others who obtained information from such people at the time.

The documents run to quite a few pages but here are a few short extracts so you will see what I mean:

The concussions of the earthquake still continue, the shock on the 23rd ult. was more severe and larger than that of the 16th Dec. and the shock of the 7th inst. was still more violent than any preceding, and lasted longer than perhaps any on record, (from 10 to 15 minutes, the earth was not at rest for one hour.) the ravages of this dreadful convulsion have nearly depopulated the district of New Madrid, but few remain to tell the sad tale, the inhabitants have fled in every direction.

and by another witness:

At seven next morning a second and very severe shock took place. The barge was under way - the river rose several feet; the trees on the shore shook; the banks in large columns tumbled in; hundreds of old trees that had lain perhaps half a century at the bottom of the river, appeared on the surface of the water; the feathered race took to the wing; the canopy was covered with geese and ducks and various other kinds of wild fowl; very little wind; the air was tainted with a nitrous and sulphureous smell; and every thing was truly alarming for several minutes.

and another:

Immediately after the first shock and those which took place after daylight, the whole atmosphere was impregnated with a sulphurous smell.

and this one:

...At the time of this shock, the heavens were very clear and serene, not a breath of air stirring; but in five minutes it became very dark, and a vapour which seemed to impregnate the atmosphere, had a disagreeable smell, and produced a difficulty of respiration.

and one more to finish -- for me, this is the most frightening of all:

His family at this time were running away from the house towards the woods; a large crack in the ground prevented their retreat into the open field. They had just assembled together when the eleventh shock came on, after which there was not perhaps a square acre of ground unbroken in the neighborhood, and in about fifteen minutes after the shock, the water rose round them waist deep. The old gentleman in leading his family, endeavoring to find higher land, would sometimes be precipitated headlong into one of those cracks in the earth, which were concealed from the eye by the muddy water through which they were wading. As they proceeded, the earth continued to burst open, and mud, water, sand and stone coal, were thrown up the distance of 30 yards - frequently trees of a large size were split open, fifteen or twenty feet up. After wading eight miles, he came to dry land.

This is almost apocalyptic! Can you imagine what it must have been like?

That was 200 years ago, when few people lived in that part of the world. Now, millions live there.

I suspect that the "sulphurous smell" that many reported was natural gas released from the ground by the quake... And the violence with which water and sand etc was ejected was due to gas coming straight up through the water table under great pressure.

And now, they're fracking all over that region!

Mike

edit on 5/11/11 by JustMike because: typos fixed

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I've spent hours reading the accounts of 1811-1812!

I wish they had written more about the volcanoes. So far I have found four mentions of volcanoes near the quake areas:

North Carolina, a volcano appeared & lava flooded out for three quarters of a mile!
Volcano at the head of the Arkansas, by the light of which they traveled three days & nights!
The Burning Mountain, up the Wichita River, had been rent to it's base.
The volcano had ceased to burn for the last three years (before the eq), & started up again.

It's only been two hundred years & people don't even know that they are living close to where volcanoes erupted before?

The account of an Indian being taken into the ground the depth of 100 trees in length, then the water came up under him & threw him out again! He had to wade & swim four miles before he reached dry land!

I can't even picture a crack thet deep! That could be 3,000 feet! Apocalyptic for sure!!!
The mention of a magnificent comet is strange too. Especially since it's almost the 200th anniversary of the quake, & the whole Elenin thing!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the reassuring words Mike! I do really appreciate them.

I can understand your difficulty in posting coherently. First it is hard to exactly described anything that is beyond the five senses, and second, you don't want anyone to know your nuts. Suspect, yes. Know, not so much
Last night when I was posting, the sensations were different than they are today. Last night, there was a since of blowing and tonight I have a sense of immense pressure. All day today, I have been a bit off. A mild case of food poisoning didn't help
(at least that's what I think it was)

Whatever it is it is building. The pressure just keeps clamping down tighter and tighter. As for time frames. I don't know. Sooner than later, but not within the next hour, I think. Normally, a few hours out from a big quake, I completely break down.

Each one has been different. Iran 2004 I felt crushed trapped screaming. Indonesia 2005, I was drowning screaming. Haiti was off because I was in the hospital room with 20 people watching my father in law die. Like 2 hours before, so I was wrapped up in that and not separate reality and the other. Japan I was running screaming. I felt like I was literally part of a crowd of thousands running from something. About 5 hours before hand I start feeling sick. I remember before Japan, I was chopping veggies for the next days salad, telling my husband over and over I don't feel good. You know I really don't feel good. 1-2 hours before it happened I lay down in bed and had heart palpitations that literally shook my body. I gasped and hubs asked what was wrong. I looked over and told him I think it's an earthquake. And promptly broke down crying screaming in terror. C'est la vie.

Anywho, that's just to give you some overall sense of how my spidey senses tingle.
Now, as I said, it is like an immense pressure is settled all over me. Also, just to mention it, don't know if it actually signifies anything at all except an over active imagination, but during my afternoon, I-am-trying-to-get-over-food-poisoning nap, I couldn't get the image of the what was either the sun bubbling or lava bubbling. You know, that deep fire red overlaid with bright hot yellow with radiant arcs of crimson and orange swirling off. Random and probably completely unrelated, but I thought I would add it to the general melee.
Like I said, verbalizing that which is beyond language is difficult. Not all things are connected but some connections we don't see to correlate.

Ok back on point (sorry, I am digressing a lot tonight) my antsy has altered to a more impending flavor. Almost like a resignation to the inevitable is flavoring it. The more I think about it the more prominent it becomes. That could definitely be psychosomatic though. I am not sure but it feels like it is constantly ratcheting up inside of me. And I am starting to get that, I don't feel good back. Like I said, could be with all this writing I am thinking too much about it.

Hope everyone is out there enjoying the lives they have.
Love Light and Living, Amanda Rene'
edit on 5-11-2011 by amarenell because: Durr, I can spail it rite

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I've read your posts but will just reply generally.

That mag 5.6 in OK... We can now say that the mag 4.7 quake on Friday was a foreshock to this one. Hopefully, the 5.6 is not a foreshock to a bigger one. We won't known unless there is a bigger one in the relatively near future.

It's good that we have our posts logged here for the past few days. It lends credence to what we're trying to do here.

This mag 5.6 in OK, while not huge in a world perspective by any stretch, is a record for Oklahoma. Though it's noted in several threads on ATS now, I think it's best to have the quake's details on the thread here as well, because we were discussing our concerns with OK quite specifically, along with the region of the US over into the New Madrid Seismic Zone. Here are the details:

Magnitude 5.6 - OKLAHOMA
2011 November 06 03:53:10 UTC

Versión en Español

* Details
* Summary
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.6
Date-Time

* Sunday, November 06, 2011 at 03:53:10 UTC
* Saturday, November 05, 2011 at 10:53:10 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.537°N, 96.747°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances 34 km (21 miles) NNE of Shawnee, Oklahoma
63 km (39 miles) SSE of Stillwater, Oklahoma
68 km (42 miles) ESE of Guthrie, Oklahoma
71 km (44 miles) ENE of OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 10.5 km (6.5 miles); depth +/- 2.8 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST=189, Nph=192, Dmin=26.7 km, Rmss=1.06 sec, Gp= 29°,
M-type=centroid moment magnitude (Mw), Version=C
Source

* Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006klz

Source: USGS.

We still need to keep an eye on things. I'll be honest and tell you that I am still concerned about the AR region, especially around Guy to Greenbrier and also up to Quitman. Away from the public forums I've been in discussion with people about our concerns that there might be a fault that runs that way -- east-west -- and when you look at the Ouachita Mountains, you have to wonder if the forces that created them have gone entirely quiet, never to awake into action again.

Finally, I can only emphasize that although Oklahoma has had a record quake, that record is now just waiting to be broken. It might stand for decades or more, or it could fall today. So, it's wise to take that quake as a wakeup call. Be prepared and have a bugout bag ready, and also have a plan worked out with your family so you all know what to do. The same goes double if you live anywhere in or near the New Madrid Seismic Zone, the San Andreas Fault region, or in the Pacfic Northwest, because all those regions have had quakes in the past that were over 100 times stronger in their shaking than Oklahoma's today. And that's not scaremongering, it's just telling it like it is.

Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd just like to log a couple of things that have been mentioned by members in other threads as they are interesting and it's worth collating such information here.

First, in this post on the "Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies" thread, TMG333 said:

Had a dream last night about Arkansas getting hit by a 7.4... probably means nothing, but I saw the USGS map with the big red square and specifically remember that number, thought I'd share since I see there's been some activity. ...

I didn't see this one at the time as it was late summer and I wasn't on here so much and not keeping up with everything even when I was. However, today (late last night her time) Westcoast made a statement on her own "Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not?" thread. It was in response to queries about her concerns for Oklahoma -- concerns that she first voiced back in August and had repeated several times here on ATS in different threads, well before the 4.7 of last Friday let us know that she could be onto something! In part, her statement said:

I had a dream a few days ago that my quake alert on my phone woke me up. Scrolling across the top was Oklahoma and 7.4.

Now here's the tie-in to TMG333. She responded to the above post and in her reply she said, in part:

Strange, that magnitude you dreamt of is the same one I dreamt exactly one month ago. Only I didn't have a specific location in my dream I felt that it was Arkansas, I could see a map of sorts but I'm terrible with geography as it is and it's possible it may have been meant for another state. I made a post about it in the Arkansas swarm thread after I had it. ...

Also need to add some details that Westcoast mentioned regarding timing of a larger event. In this post she says, among other things:

ugh....I might as well say it. Again, I am not wanting to predict anything.....but if there were to be a larger event, I think it might happen on 11 7. Those are the numbers I saw this afternoon and since I already put myself 'out there'....I may as well go all in.

So, we will see what happens. Like Westcoast and IMG333, I'd be quite happy to see the coming days pass relatively quietly. I'm certain you all feel the same. But just in case, if you live in a potentially affected area, have your bugout bag ready. If you don't have one, start getting one together.

Above all, make sure you have a supply of water. We can survive for days with no food but without water the human organism won't last long. Now, we all know that mains water would probably fail in a major event but even if the taps still flow, the water could be contaminated and therefore unsafe for drinking. But the same applies to wells and other natural sources: quakes can severely impact wells, springs and even brooks and rivers and you cannot rely on them. The only water you can be sure you'll have is what you stored away in advance.

Mike

edit on 6/11/11 by JustMike because: typos.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My ears are still buzzing a little today.
My husband actually mentioned how he was feeling today without my having to ask him! Said his ears & eyes hurt & he's pretty dizzy. Said he feels like it's not over.

The weather is nice here today, he's outside trying to get everything done before the snow flies. I know though, that when he's feeling something, he tries to shake it off by keeping very, very busy!
Guess I'd better run my errands today in case I feel 'jumpy' again tomorrow!!!

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join