It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I live in Arkansas and for the past 4 days I've been having horrible headaches. They feel like sinus headaches but a bit different. Also I have heart palpitations probably once a week but for the past 3 days I've had A LOT OF THEM. Also chest pains/back pains for 2 months. I also had a huge weird feeling in the hours before Arkansas' big quake last week, and I've had one for a few days and still do.

They say since they've stopped the injections, they earthquakes have been a lot less frequent and big, but I just have a bad feeling...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Hi and thank you for posting.
Your first post in this thread was back in January last year so you were pretty close with your guess of when. (Just click on the things below your name -- on the left of your post -- and you'll find one marked "posts in thread". A very handy feature, which is another advantage of ATS with its custom-built forum software.
)

Anyway, down to brass tacks: it's good to have the details logged here as you've done. If you also maintain a diary of some kind that can be useful as well. You can then check for any quakes or volcanoes that might relate. If you visit the quake watch 2011 and volcano watch 2011 threads, it's an easy way to keep up with what's been going on without needing to personally monitor the relevant scientific websites on a daily basis. (We have members who do and post anything significant.) Also lots of good resource info there and pretty knowledgeable people.

To antar, zenius, Scrambled_Eggs, lasertaglover and theson who have posted recently, thank you also for adding your comments, thoughts, ideas and impressions. It's all very much appreciated and even if you don't always get a direct reply, the main thing is that it's all here, it gets read and it gets noted. Please, always feel free to add anything that you think may be relevent, whether it is your own theories/hypotheses or information you have found. There is a wealth of material within the thread, but more is always welcome!

Well it's almost 1 am Monday here, so I'd better get to bed. Goodnight, all.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 6/3/11 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hi. Three days ago, I saw the shimmery look in the sky. I can't think of the term right now. Tonight, I am having woozy feelings even though I am sitting. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have something moderate in the next couple of days from the New Madrid.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Muzzy over in quake watch is correlating moon and quake data, and might try to put cme events in also. Perhaps you could use that data to compare with reports on this thread. Another correlation, more data, more interesting...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Really worried right now. I am praying like crazy that nothing happens, but ears ringing, dog is tripping, feeling like something is going to happen soon. Almost a panic-like feeling of something soon. Never, never, ever felt something like this before.

It is so strong right now. Not seeing anything on USGS, so I have no idea. Two of the four kids are talking about buzzing in their ears. Been having dreams of the ground rolling and a huge wave three nights in a row.

Please let nothing happen!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

The feeling of something coming is still there, but the ringing stopped about two hours ago. My dog finally quieted down around the same time too. At first, the feeling went away, but it is starting again. Not quite as strong as before, but it feels like it is building up to how it felt this afternoon and early evening.

I have never felt this feeling before, kinda like that odd feeling I get when deja vu happens, but stir in some pressure. The pressure feels like the air is heavier, thicker. I know there was a large quake in Japan earlier, and that I posted my thoughts a few hours before it happened, but I get the feeling there is another one going to happen somewhere soon, next day or two at the max, but does feel like it is going to be sooner. It very much feels like the ear ringing stopped right around the time it did happen, but that it only vented some of this feeling. Kinda drained it, but it is re-filling now. I just hope the ear ringing does not start again, with this impending feeling at the same time. Kinda freaked me out today.
edit on 8-3-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That feeling had calmed down quite a bit when I woke up the next morning, and has not been around since then. But, I have been getting off and on ear ringing for the last few hours. Zero ringing since a little after the Japan quake, and none during the rest of the aftershocks, and also nothing for the Papua New Guinea and Mynamar-China ones either.

I'm actually glad that I have not felt anything since the Japan one, cause that pretty much freaked me out. And I am glad it is just some ear ringing right now, and not that weird feeling I had the other day. And actually the most important factor for me is that my dog is pretty calm right now. However, the ear ringing has been going on for a while now, and it is getting louder.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

At the time I wrote and posted my last one, the new Japanese quake had not been listed on USGS. The post above that one I said one to two days, it's been three.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

The headache still comes & goes, it's the nausea that bugs me that's been around for the last 32 hours. Lets hope the planet quietens down very soon. I'm not getting anything done! And too many people are suffering. I'm hating this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Okay, JustMike asked me to post this over here, just to have it documented in case it may help with anything. I don't do much by way of predictions, other than listening to my dogs and sharing their behavior (which has proven acurate in the past)...this is the first time I ever felt strong enough about something to go out here and say it. Here is a post from the Arkansas thread that I made a couple of hours before the 8.9 quake:

on 10-3-2011 @ 07:54 PM this post So I just have to share this with you guys.

You saw my post from earlier about the Emergency Broadcasts? If not, I was discussing earlier how I had heard FIVE on my tv just this week...past few days. I have never had it happen before. I even wrote to the Department responsible for it and copied the response (from the CEO) on the previous page. You should read it.

Anyways....after all of this (I had just gotten done posting the letter) when I was on my way to pick up my daughter, guess what happened? You got it, the radio was interrupted with an emergency broadcast. Not a test. They were alerting about a high wind warning. WHAT? I have NEVER heard an emergency broadcast here for wind. So when I got home i checked for new alerts and we do have one...for wind sustained of 35mph with gusts up to 50. That is NOTHING. Certainly not worthy of an emergency broadcast. OK...so I shook it off.

Now...I was at the grocery store a bit ago and while waiting to check out I had a very sudden, STRONG sense of doom. I have only had this happen a couple of other times but those times I knew that something was wrong with a family member and called them immediately. (Car wreck, trip to hospital) It has happened several times and I was always right. It goes both ways, with my Mom and Sister. They always know when something is wrong. But this is different....there is no one person that comes to mind...just a very anxious, something is wrong feeling.

Well....trying to shake THAT off, on my way home guess what happens? Yup! ANOTHER emergency broadcast. This time another test for a neighboring county. This is just too much. That is five on the tv, two on the radio in THREE days...and those are just the ones I am hearing/seeing.

My ears are poping while writing this and I have had a couple of dizzy spells. Also, pressure in my head...you know, all those EQ tell-tale signs. Anyone else experiencing any of this? I haven't harldy been on ATS today and haven't even opened GEE to back off a bit....but it's not working.

A while later, feeling so strongly still I paid close attention to my dogs. I posted this in my washington state thread about 15 min before the quake:

posted on 10-3-2011 @ 09:30 PM this post FYI....my 'big' quake dog is alerting. Last time he did it was the big one in cali....

Hope all stays quiet tonight.

Guys...my feelings are still so strong that I am tearing up just reading what I wrote. It isn't over. I fear for the on-going disaster in Japan and I am very fearful for the West Coast. The whole island of Honshu moved east 8 ft and a huge rift opened in the ocean floor.

Friday's quake caused a rupture 186 miles long and 93 miles wide in the sea floor 80 miles off the eastern coast of Japan. It happened 15 miles beneath the sea floor.

SOURCE

I don't know how much of this is from lack of sleep, but my headache/pressure started up again in the past half hour, my ears have STILL not stopped ringing and I am dizzy/nauseous on and off.

*groan* while typing this my dog once again started doing his strange bark/alerting again. I will get this posted now just in case it is connected.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

hey westcoast. I've seen you keeping up on so many threads, I salute your strength (and I am a vet so my salute means a tinsy bit). I have not slept either, been watching these threads, and all of the MSM while taking care of my family today, and was up throughout the night last night also.

It's been hard. At first, I hated the fact that I sensed the eq before it happened.

But as this horrible day has progressed, and we keep seeing more damage, and more disasters potentially building (the reactors, volcanos, other seismic zones), I kept seeing on various threads a number of other people that had posted before the eq the same thing. Some people had visions, some had prohetic dreams, others like myself, had our best four-legged friends and our own ears ringing to let us know something was about to happen.

Like I said, at first it scared me, I even alerted the mods on this thread and asked them to delete my posts. I was scared. But I realize now that there are some of us that are aware. It would make sense that simliar people would be attracted to places like ATS, hence so many people getting this right.

I was scared earlier, and I am still nervous as hell, especially because my ears are ringing again, and while my dog is not barking and acting crazy, he is acting sad and depressed. He does not want to play, and is just laying there acting very lethargic, which is definitely not like him at all.

Mother Earth is calling, and some people are able to listen. Ok, I am still scared. But at least I am not alone. Thank you ATS, and every other person on here that has had the courage to share their feelings. I salute you all.

I am praying so hard for everyone affected. I am also praying that all of us are wrong. Even though my ears are ringing, I am feeling something really bad coming again. Maybe one to two days again,

I hate this feeling. It sucks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Your feelings were spot on...

In fact, several of us have been feeling the same things. I was up till four a.m. on Friday morning (my time -- noon Japan time). It was horrible. Had tried going to bed about 1 am or so and couldn't sleep and just had to get up again. So I understand how bad these feelings can be and I sympathize with you.

I've had these sorts of things for years. The "lesser" feelings are quite useful as I just use them to focus and try to work on the task of figuring out where quakes might happen. I've some examples in this thread and once or twice mentioned the "esoteric" element.

You know, there are some possible explanations for all this. Some people are better able to detect very low-frequency sounds, and some are also possibly sensitive to geomagnetic disturbance. Combine these factors with what some would simply call "instinct" or "intuition" (which is just a neat-ish way of labelling a sense we have that we can't explain), then we can begin to build a picture of what things affect us and in what ways they do.

I expect everyone has some ability to detect what we can call "earth changes" but most either ignore it or don't appreciate its significance.

By the way, for anyone who gets these feelings quite strongly and they become a problem, one remedy that I use is to eat corn. Yes, just corn. Popcorn, kernels, whatever. It's a very good resource for melatonin and that somehow seems to help. It takes away some of the edgy/creepy sort of feeling. Sure works for me, and Charlotte King -- the woman who invented the term "geosensology" -- recommends it as well.

Funny that you should mention ringing in the ears. I have some tinnitus as a natural part of being my age, really, but in the past couple of weeks I have really been noticing it and it's quite annoying. Most of the time tinnitus is not something I notice unless it's a dead-quiet night out in the country or something, but yes -- lately it's been pretty bad.

Mike
edit on 12/3/11 by JustMike because: typos.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hi Westcoast and thank you very much for posting this. I think it's very valuable to have such things all gathered here together. (Sound like a wedding!
)

Sorry.. It's the tension. I hope you all understand. Seriously though, everyone, if we can glean these various logged accounts and put them together here, then that will be a great resource. We can't call read all threads, but if any of you find something then please share, or if it's a thread that's special then link to it so we can read it.

By the way, here's a couple of links to some remarkable prediction threads here on ATS:

Back in March last year, TrueAmerican posted a thread where he wrote about a meditiation session he did. In this session, he asked where the next magnitude 8 or bigger quake would be, and he got the answer "Japan". So then he asked "when" and he got "March".

The quake in Japan on Friday was the first one in the world over magnitude 8 since TrueAmerican made that post almost exactly a year ago. If you'd like to read his thread, it's here.

Another one was posted a bit more recently. It was by JakiusFogg, and it dates from Feb 7th of this year. He had a dream, and it was so compelling that he did what he had never done before. He shared it with us. In this dream he details seeing a USGS map showing a large (bigger than 7+) quake off the east coast of Japan marked with a red square, surrounded by many other smaller squares.

There are a few more details. If you'd like to check his thread, you can find it here.

And as I say, if you find others that relate to this thread's main subject, please let us know!

Many thanks,

Mike

edit on 12/3/11 by JustMike because: The usual typos.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, I have been feeling much better since I finally got some sleep.

However, sitting here trying to get caught up (that will never happen) I have suddenly got a focused headache Lower back right of my head....very unusual, I normally get 'pressure' headaches near my eyes.

My ears are ringing stronger than ever and my 'big quake dog', who is usually affectionate is just plain glued to me right now. (I am having to type over his head as it is resting on my laptop.)

I hope it is nothing...but since I have come to appreciate seeing when others are experiencing the same symptoms as myself, that won't happen if we don't share.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

OMG Westcoast, I just came on on here to say the same thing. Same type of headache, but the nausea has started again too.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My ears have been ringing like mad today & the feeling of heavy pressure like some invisible force is pushing my body down forcefully (like gravity has suddenly become stronger). Also waves of sickness, surreal deja vu-ness, & headaches starting up again. I almost feel like my internal body is doing somersaults...if that makes any sense whatsoever.

I had an intense & weird headache (I want to say Wed. night?) that was piercing, sometimes even alarmingly shooting pain, lower-right backside of the head - but when I applied any pressure to it with my hand it was incredibly sore like a bruise or like I had been hit upside the head with a shovel...hardly like a normal headache. I'm starting to get that type of head pain again.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Okay...so we all had reported similar feelings before the 8.9. Now we all happen to have the same kind of headache in the same spot? This is disturbing.

I just started feeling a bit nauseated/dizzy too, and I understand completely about your insides doing sumersaults. Does this sensation originate from the pit of your stomach?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Before I read back I want to post my feelings, I am feeling very sad right now, note I do not suffer from deppresion or any other mental disabilty, and I am a very upbeat and outgoing person. This sadness set in late this afternoon, around 530est. I have had a horrible headache, the sides felt banded and a spot at the top back of my head felt like a stabbing sensation. Left shoulder pain, pain under the left arm. These symptoms faded yesterday, and began to return this afternoon along with the sadness. I just started dropping things again, another thing that was going on pre-Japan quake, that started up again about an hour ago. I feel that these symptoms are pointing to another quake, another location most likely. I will give it 48 hrs and see.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The somersault feeling seems to radiate from gut to head. I guess kind of like sitting on a bar a few feet from the ground & swinging around it with your hands like a gymnast.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I couldn't sleep tonight if I didn't point out the chance of those symptoms being cardiac in nature. If you continue to have the shoulder/under arm pain you might want to take an aspirin (so long as you aren't allergic) and consider getting checked out. (Sorry, the EMT in me)

The sensation you describe as originating in your gut and traveling to your head is exactly the same as mine. The sensation is a bit stronger right now (not as strong as on the 11th though) and my darn ears are ringing like crazy. I am hoping this is just the energy reverberating...I would think with a quake this big the affects would last for several days.

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join