It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Did you guys notice that there has been 4 quakes in tenneessee?

That's just insane to me.

The US map looks so busy.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I personally think they are as stymied as we are about the Reno quakes. Unless there's something they don't want the public to know and THAT's why you aren't getting information. Has there been ANY sort of information coming from the USGS about the reno swarm lately? Anything at all?Tela

Nothing. Not a thing.

That's what I mean--- someone must have some idea...some suspicion... some theory.

Edit to add: Illustrates what I dislike about "scientists"... rigidity. They won't venture a guess and they discount anyone who does and gets it right.

[edit on 5/28/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised you havent left for higher ground or moved away. I suppose not everyone could do that without losing their jobs, but I couldn't imagine going through what you reno folks are going through..

Tela

[edit on 5/28/2008 by Telafree]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I'm surprised you havent left for higher ground or moved away. I suppose not everyone could do that without losing their jobs, but I couldn't imagine going through what you reno folks are going through..

Sure, I'll move.
Want to buy a house in the Reno foothills? Great house, within walking distance of a most mysterious EQ fault that baffles scientists the world over.
Anyone?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Isn't there a Collingo or a city named Callingo in Cal? I also have this feeling of sadness and anxiety. I feel something really big is going to happen before the end of May. I can't seem to pinpoint what it is, maybe it's something else, and it's not a quake. I don't know, just a thought. The feeling is soo strong (I live in Arizona)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Lemme talk to my husband. Lets just switch houses..that gets rid of all the hard stuff...

now all we have ot do is pack!

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Tela, you have a deal. The dogs and I will be up tomorrow.

I notice Oregon had a couple small EQ's today.

Also, here's a fresh 3.0 in Utah-- Wasatch region. Don't like that. It seems when they move, then we (Reno) move.

Also there was a little EQ on the main island in Hawaii today.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
China seems to be settling down with quakes right now makes me wonder why?

Is there any thoughts on that volcano underwater off Japan.

I think we still have to get people to watch for ufo activity. With them having ships in the Channel Island area they might come out to record anything hugh. Actually many ships are underwater in the Ring of Fire Area

I start by keeping check with NUFORC and did anyone find anything written about any new animal activity?

As I said I'm in PA I was extremely tired this afternnon I had to lay down. For three hours I slept with waking several times in a groggy state feeling a vibration at the end of my right eyebrow/temple area. I was woke each time by vibration.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hi Kattraxx,

I sent you a U2U that touches on this but because it could be useful to have it public I'll say something here.

Folks, a few years ago, things were pretty hot in Afghanistan as you know -- and lots of very big bombs were being dropped by the US and allies on taliban (so they say). So many big bombs in fact that the US Dept of Defense made a special request to Congress for extra funding to buy more of their huge (2,000 lb) bombs as they'd used up almost all their stock in Afghanistan. I think they asked for $200 million, enough to pay for another 400 of these bombs. (Yes, they cost half a million bucks a piece, and they'd used almost all of them...In Afghanistan.)

That's a lot of energy being dropped in a small area...

Well I noticed two things: there were a few quakes in that region around that time -- and within a couple of days, there seemed to be an increase in quake activity in California. (Sorry but I didn't note Nevada. Cal was my focus then.) Anyways I wondered if these bombings and the quakes were possibly linked. So I checked some world maps and determined that the Afghan highland/Iran border region was 180 degrees around the world from California and at around the same latitude...

This led me to think that perhaps some types of high-intensity shock waves can travel right through the earth and perhaps cause seismic effects on the opposite side. Not always at 180 degrees or even at exactly the same latitude, of course, because the angles of the shock waves come into play, but it's a starting point for a theory. Yes, I know that there are numerous faults in Cali and surrounding regions but that doesn't negate the theory. If you knock a porcelain plate that's already brittle or cracked it will shatter; if the plate is sound then it ought to hold...

So okay, that's the theory. And now you have this mysterious swarm of micro-quakes and a few that are even beyond micro. No-one in the official realms has a clue as to what the cause may be. So let's have a look at it. The quakes you posted a link to are all located around 39.5 deg N and 119.9 deg E. So let's say around 39 -40 -odd N latitude and 120 E, plus or minus a few degrees. Go around the world from there 180 degrees and you get the same latitude range but 60 degrees West.

As you might expect, because the Nevada quake swarm zone ain't that far from California, this puts you around the Afghanistan-Iran border region. It's rugged, mountainous, seismically active from time to time -- and sometimes forces of the Coalition of the Willing are still bombing the hell out of it...

Are they bombing there now? I mean, even if they aren't making a big deal about it, could this be a possible cause?

I'm beat. It's approaching midnight so I'll leave it with you.

BTW I have no beef with ordinary military people. My Dad was in the Navy for eight years (volunteered) and I'm proud of what he did for my home country. What I think of certain high-ups in govt is not so positive but that's for another thread... My only concern here is to consider possible causes of quakes and ways that we can try and predict them...no matter how far-out the idea may be.

Mike

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I was wondering where you were, Observe50. Right temple/eye, we're all feeling that, and are somewhat confused by it. I feel pain in the right ear area-- first time for the ear "ache". Still worried about the SF bay area, for lack of these precursors fitting anywhere else.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

JustMike, I find that an interesting correlation. Heck, it's more than USGS has.

I believe damntheptb has a hit with the Utah 3.0. And I believe we mentioned Oregon and Hawaii this morning as well. Not big deals, as were small, but still right locations.

I hope Charlotte can post on the thread later, regarding some of her precursor symptoms that we're feeling... some are confusing.

Had a report of a live snake laying on my mom's patio in the cold rain this morning. I'm not sure if it is, but it seems unusual. At least it's a first for her up here. The weather has been wet and cool for over a week now.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Fox News had a segment on earlier today about Southern Cal. and all the "rattle snakes" they are finding. They said approx. 4 to 5 dogs a day are getting bit and one day like 10. I don't think they mentioned exact location in S. Cal. did anyone else catch it. Tel Mom to beware and look where she goes.

As said earlier shark bites.

JustMike has a good theory, we have to kind of take everything in and try to make connections.

One thing that always confused me is when somewhere it was said this isn't being created by Volcano's activity????

I still feel if NASA has that InSar Earthquake apparatus they know what is happening.

We have at least several different species of beings in the deepest of our waters. I know they are very deep down so I don't know how this is effecting them if at all. All I know we have to watch for pick up in activity of sightings and where these sightings are located.

I try to take care of this to see what I can come up with as I mentioned earlier.

Seems NUFORC is way backed up on there listing. Last was 4/16 Davenport isn't usually this far behind.

Right now the only word coming to me is LIMBO.

I think if something that hugh is going to happen that right before animals would move out real fast.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
reply to post by JustMike

I believe damntheptb has a hit with the Utah 3.0. And I believe we mentioned Oregon and Hawaii this morning as well. Not big deals, as were small, but still right locations.

yesterday i wrote about kidney pains.....

Utah, 3.0, kidney pains, guess that explains that one...

still dont like the uneasyness and sadness i am feeling... i hope its a quiet night.....

[edit on 28-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
MAY 28, 4:51 PM

Well I am going home, and i am very very anxious...... have been for the last couple hours, and i have felt a vibration through me, earlier, but now its constant.... I have a bad feeling about the next 12 hours or less...

In my gut I feel like something is going to happen before tomorrow morn, and the quakes have gotten deeper (they keep changing the deep ones to shallow ones... I dont know why) and more powerful than the numbers from previous days..... snakes (my wife say one outside her office in sparks, a large one, and the ground was cold, so it wasnt sunbathing.... it just stayed ther, they thought it was dead till someone touched it, and then it slithered back into the bushes....

we will see..... I hope tomorrow morn i can come on and say, nothing happened......
good night all, and BE SAFE

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Your wife saw a snake outside her office today? Now that is strange, considering I just posted earlier that my mother saw one on her back patio. Like I said, it's been cold and raining for over a week; not exactly sunbathing weather for snakes.

Oh hell. I'm not sleeping tonight.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I also notice that the mag. is getting a little larger and the depth a little deeper.

At first I thought it was going to be a slow day in your area but it sure picked up.

My best to you all

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Take it back.

I just got a USGS EQ alert... from May 24th??? They are right on top of things.

Observe50, over 30 EQ's here today. Many over 2.0.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
They said they are on it but didn't mention anything else? Sounds like cover-up to me

I thought for sure when I got on here this morning I would see more then what is listed. I even had an unusual night so I am scratching my head too!

Just looking at the all quake list the areas that mostly stand out to me are
The Geysers
Mammoth Lake
Reno
Verdi-Mogul

and of course lots in between

Ever since John Lear talked about Hawthorn I also check that area because of this supposedly Sunmarine ( < lol) submarine base at that location. Could they be blasting underground extending there base from one lake location to others???

I am trying to look at everything like JustMike.

Okay so we need to continue to watch weather, animals, lat., long., depth, mag., ufo sightings, world quakes, aches and pains.

Some of the things with me last night, and I am far from you guys so.....but I will list anywho's.

Went to bed 11:00 birds quiet for a long period. Takes a long time to get to sleep wake a little after two and birds are chirping I dose and wake dose and wake. At 3:30 I wake anxious not in good way/a little fear uncomfortable thought for sure something was happening somewhere but nothing. I give it the 3 days Charlotte said it could take. Has any of you had this?

edit to add: If something is about to happen should we listen to see if the animals during the day go quite all of a sudden, your thoughts?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Ever since John Lear talked about Hawthorn I also check that area because of this supposedly Sunmarine ( < lol) submarine base at that location. Could they be blasting underground extending there base from one lake location to others???

Hard to say what is done in secret....But the USGS actually has pages dedicated to seismic activity linked to blasting. Apparently the effects are somewhat different -- that is, if they are picking up direct effects of an explosion. How it might affect more distant seismically unstable regions, well the experts don't seem to want to go into that too much. Of course the other problem is that if there is blasting going on in regions we aren't supposed to errrmmm....know about then I think we can assume that some data might eventually get "updated" or simply "go astray"...

I am trying to look at everything like JustMike...

Okay so we need to continue to watch weather, animals, lat., long., depth, mag., ufo sightings, world quakes, aches and pains.

Well your support is wonderful
and I wish I could look at everything but I surely get your point... I think we all have our own perspectives, ideas and theories and the beauty of this site (and especially this thread) is that we can share them and perhaps eventually get a "eureka!!" moment...But yes, if we can collectively gather information on all these things then that will help enormously...

If something is about to happen should we listen to see if the animals during the day go quite all of a sudden, your thoughts?

Yes, we should take notice of any animal behaviour that seems out of the ordinary...like snakes coming out in cold weather, ants swarming out from their nests, and all the other things that have been mentioned. Animals give us so much information, and not only about approaching quakes: I watch our local pigeons to see if a big storm is blowing in, for example. They pick up on it long before it arrives...especially if it's an electrical storm. The fly around aimlessly for a while (even more so than pigeons usually do), then they hide by our windows and just crouch there, completely silent and looking fearful. The ants, meanwhile, busy themselves blocking most of the holes that lead to their nests -- I guess to prevent the ingress of rainwater. So yes, we need to observe the animals....

[edit on 29-5-2008 by JustMike]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join