It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I love this tread. I think you are on to something important. Too bad the scientists don't get a little more open minded. I was reading the Quake watch thread and they have a sound recording of a quake in action. People that call it up and listen report it drives their dogs wild. Maybe you could be interested in reviewing those recordings and comments.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Re: 03/04/10 prediction for +4.0 in N. California/offshore

Magnitude 4.5 - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2010 March 06 08:46:24 UTC, Petrolia

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Thank you for posting.
If you get any ideas of a specific region (if not Chile), and an estimate of magnitude, please feel free to post those details as well.

reply to post by zachi

Thank you for the info. It sounds interesting and is certainly something we can follow up on, especially members who have dogs. (I have none unfortunately, but I could try playing it to the pigeons that roost by our windows. Not joking, by the way. Birds are highly sensitive to certain types of vibrations.)

Mike

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Nice work, Kat! Within your posted and well-defined geographic region, correct for magnitude range, and well within a narrow time frame as well. I think you can claim that as a "hit".

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Earthquake today in Baja California Guadalupe Victoria

Logo Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada
Earthquake Index Map

---> Please visit our reorganized earthquake pages at - quake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike, over on the QuakeWatch thread this subject of alternative earthquake detection and prediction has come up.

I am posting links back to QW so you can see what was said.

I am hoping that they will come over to this thread and get involved here.

Post by oldgoat
Post by oldgoat
Post by warpcrafter
Post by alexgia
Post by westcoast

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
last night dreamt that Afgahanistan had a giant quake mag 9.9 and within 24 hours of this dream they get a real quake mag 5.7 spooky

totally forgot about this guys sorry about that.

had the dream on sunday night into monday

[edit on 21/4/10 by alysha.angel]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by JustMike

Mike, over on the QuakeWatch thread this subject of alternative earthquake detection and prediction has come up.

I am posting links back to QW so you can see what was said.

I am hoping that they will come over to this thread and get involved here.

Post by oldgoat
Post by oldgoat
Post by warpcrafter
Post by alexgia
Post by westcoast

I UTU'd a few screen shots to another user yesterday of my posts on that other forum. If someone tells me what host to use I'll repost it here. It was just a simple cut and paste job of like 4-5 posts with the date listed. I realize that it would be i guess easy to fake if someone was so inclined so it's up to you guys.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I guess i'll repost some of my latest info. The last few big quakes have been preceded by ear ringing. Always in my left ear, usually only lasts for a few seconds. Seems like it has to be 5.0 close to me in the US or 6.0 the further away it gets. I didn't get any tones for the last Australia quake so that kind of fits into my pattern.

My last "quasi" tone was on friday. Totally different than the others. My tones always start with my hearing going down by about 50% and then the ring. It sounds like a tuning fork is struck near my left ear. Well on friday the hearing went out in my right ear and then stayed that way for about a minute. No PING noise like i normally hear. I also got the sensation of i don't know how to describe it other than a tickle in my Eustachian tube ...like if you have an allergic reaction to something and you get that feeling between your ear and your throat. Same thing. There was that afghan earthquake a few days later but i'm not going to say that they were related.

Anyway, that's my update. I'll be sure to post here the next time i hear a tone. They usually happen 12-24 hours prior

[edit on 21-4-2010 by oldgoat]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
my ears are going nuts right now. They've rung 4 times in the past two hours. Before this they didn't really ring for 3+ weeks. The weird thing is that in the past few days i've had random shooting/stabbing pain in my left ear. Only lasted for a second...i've never had that before in my life and i've never had any ear problems in my life, not even an infection. Anyone else???

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oldgoat

I can't see any earthquake event on the 16th May that would fit other than 5's. How long did this go on, and normally does it stop before or after the events?

There was a bunch of 5+ on the 16th (10 of them), 3 on the 17th, 2 on the 18th and then on the 19th the 6.0 in Peru plus about 5 in the 5+ range.

[edit on 30/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oldgoat

Saturday afternoon I woke up ( I work 3rd) and my ears were driving me crazy, it was unlike anything I have ever experienced with them. Things sounded so loud that should not, and loud things were much much louder, along with a strange ringing, it was not a ringing sound per say, it sounded like very loud machinery, with several different pitches of tones all at once, around 130 in the morning it just stopped.

I was looking around today for events (earthquakes, volcano, ect) and came across this article on spaceweather.com stating the magnetosphere had tilted and allowed a crack, which let a geomagnetic storm stream in for several hours. Personally I think this is what caused my ears to act like they did. It may be true for you too.

AURORA SURPRISE: On May 29th, the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) tilted south and opened a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and fueled a G1-class geomagnetic storm. Northern Lights were sighted as far south as Wisconsin:

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by oldgoat

I can't see any earthquake event on the 16th May that would fit other than 5's. How long did this go on, and normally does it stop before or after the events?

There was a bunch of 5+ on the 16th (10 of them), 3 on the 17th, 2 on the 18th and then on the 19th the 6.0 in Peru plus about 5 in the 5+ range.

[edit on 30/5/2010 by PuterMan]

I missed this post. I can't explain it and i'm trying to figure out the boundaries of my limit. I'm in central texas and it seems to me like it takes at least a 5.0 within a 2000 mile radius to cause it. I can tell you that it doesn't happen for every one though. And my ears have not rung at all since my last post.

And to answer your other question, it seems to happen 12 hours or less before the quake. My ears never rung from anything else so i don't know if it's a "normal" ring or not. They all seem unique. Some start low, go high and then back low again. Others just abruptly start high out of nowhere and then it's gone. It's almost always in my right ear, never in both but it has happened in my left

Oh, and i'm never around loud noises. Never listen to loud music and nothing preceded any of these events like being at a concert

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by oldgoat

Saturday afternoon I woke up ( I work 3rd) and my ears were driving me crazy, it was unlike anything I have ever experienced with them. Things sounded so loud that should not, and loud things were much much louder, along with a strange ringing, it was not a ringing sound per say, it sounded like very loud machinery, with several different pitches of tones all at once, around 130 in the morning it just stopped.

I was looking around today for events (earthquakes, volcano, ect) and came across this article on spaceweather.com stating the magnetosphere had tilted and allowed a crack, which let a geomagnetic storm stream in for several hours. Personally I think this is what caused my ears to act like they did. It may be true for you too.

AURORA SURPRISE: On May 29th, the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) tilted south and opened a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and fueled a G1-class geomagnetic storm. Northern Lights were sighted as far south as Wisconsin:

spaceweather.com...

wow...that's very interesting.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by oldgoat]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have been having "wooziness" without vertigo or its after effects. I live closest to the New Madrid fault. I have been almost falling down. I hope it's not related.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

Getting a strong dizzy spell right now.
It's hard to even turn around in my chair, cuch less focus on a keybord.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just had a big ear ring a few seconds ago. it only lasted a second or two but the classic type where my right ear's hearing goes out first, then rings and then the hearing comes back. This is always accompanied by a very dull pain

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I really beleive that there is something to the hum or vibration....
I am still trying to find any info on the "experts" coming in from around the country to help figure out why.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Feeling vibrations in your body and ringing in your ears are ascension symptoms. Believe me, they are going to get a lot worse as we get closer to 2012. Our entire solar system's vibrational frequencies are increasing as we approach the procession of the equinox in 2012. It has nothing to do with earthquakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join