It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

SoCal map

I'm still looking for something I noticed the other day while looking at a USGS map, some town or place, something like corredo, caught my eye... strange.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx

Telafree, I'm glad you mentioned the right rib pain; it confirms mine. Thanks.

[edit on 5/28/08 by kattraxx]

I have arthritis in my ribs but this was definitely NOT an arthritis pain. It was a sharper pain just at my last rib on the right side.

How is yours feeling? WHat do the ribs indicate?

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

This "corrego" you mentioned really rang a bell with me-- some town I saw on a map, I believe a USGS map I was looking at for some other reason two days ago. I can't find it now or recall whether it was California or Mexico... I've never heard of a town/city called Corrego, which doesn't mean anything, except that this word is resonating with me. I'll keep looking.

I was looking at Brazil the other day... here's a town Corrego Danta.

Brazil

Actually, Corrego is used a lot in Brazil, in combination with other words (D'Anta, D'Ouro, etc.), for towns, neighborhoods, rivers, etc. Brazil has been pretty active recently. Ringing any bells, JustMike?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Yes, the first thing I did was check maps for Corrego and got the place in Brazil, but that town rings no bells for me. So I'm thinking it wasn't Corrego exactly but a similar-looking name; or if you like a name with a similar feel or ring to it. There is a Corredo in Panama and although there was a 5.6 quake in that country on Monday, I don't think that was "it" either... Your own sense of something relating more closely to California is right -- well, it ties in with my own feelings as well, let me put it that way...

This is part of the "problem". While there are physical indicators that we pick up on, there is this "other" side as well and for me, it's equally valid. Why, for example, am I so specific about a location in Japan? I could just say "somewhere in Japan" and leave it at that but it's not what I feel... Eventually, I suspect that "science" might find some underlying reasons why or how we pick up on such specifics. It could be, for example, that we see through that rather odd thing called "time" in some fashion. There are a variety of theories on what time really is...it certainly need not be purely linear. It could be "layered" or even a kind of "singularity", in which everything that has ever or will ever happen is in fact part of a universal "now". What we normally consider the passage of time, then, is based upon a single perspective, but we may be able to sense or perceive time in different ways. Hence things like "flash images" -- or perhaps even some of the physical/mental symptoms we experience...Who knows? Maybe we pick up on "future" feelings of sadness, loss and grief, while also sensing real-time pre-quake energy-changes.

Just my thoughts.
But the main thing is, we are sharing and learning. This has to beneficial in some ways...

[edit on 28-5-2008 by JustMike]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Same here, last rib right side, also left now too. I'm glad you posted this because I wasn't sure whether it was just aching muscles from the epic struggle with my dog the other night, or EQ symptoms.

Feeling anything else?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hmm...I checked the good old babel fish and "corrego" means "stream" in both Portuguese (ie as spoken in Brazil) and Spanish. Sorry if this is general knowledge for all you Americans but it was news to me...

Stream, hey? So if it's related to something in Cal, could it be a place that has a stream or a river close by? Meaning that the "corrego" is what I picked up but the nearest significant town might have a different name -- but possibly still one that "rings"?

Edited for typos...(sigh!)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by JustMike]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Feeling anything else?

nope, the body is awfully quiet today. Hopefully that means quakes will slow down. Either that or Im blocking it in some way. I wonder if thats the case. If we can ignore the feelings to the point of blocking them. In Charlotte's case it seems like hers are so strong she can't ignore them, but I'm not having anything that's so bad I need to go home from work. I did feel oddly enough yesterday to take a day off so who knows what that meant earthquake wise. perhaps I felt that oregon one after all?

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I did feel oddly enough yesterday to take a day off so who knows what that meant earthquake wise. perhaps I felt that oregon one after all?
Tela

Tela, this could well be the case. But it's possible that on top of that, you are also picking up on seismic events that are even further afield. There have a been a lot of mag 5+ quakes around the world in the past few days -- above the average at least -- and quite a percentage of those have been along or near major fault lines on the South American plate and those adjoining it. In other words, within your half of the world -- including the mag 6.0 in the Kodiak region of Alaska on 25/5. If I can pick up on things that happen many thousands of miles away there is no reason why you cannot be doing the same thing. In fact, because we almost never have quakes in my region above maybe a 2-point something, all that I've picked up have been far away...The closest have been in Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Of course, because you live within a general geographical region that is seismically pretty active, you are likely getting a lot more "coming in" from local, less powerful events than I would from way over here in the middle of Europe. All the same, I expect there are plenty of sensitive people around the world who pick up on larger events from great distances -- especially over magnitude 5 -- and you may be one of them...

Kind regards,
Mike

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
All in all today, I've heard Mexico precursors from four people.

You know, what amazes me is how Charlotte King managed to figure all this out. First, she made the connection between physical precursors, ie., headaches, etc., and seismic events, but then to be able to link certain sets of physical precursors with specific regions-- that is amazing-- especially when you consider that precursors can be as far out as a week, and then you also get overlapping physical precursors, or more than one region at the same time... it's not easy, even now, with all of Charlotte's past research.

And yes, JustMike, I think we do use a little intuition as well as the physical precursor sometimes. It's all very intriguing.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

the quakes are going again, and the depth of the top one scares me, its a LOT deeper than ANY other i have found since this swarm started in FEB.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1.2 2008/05/28 11:03:27 39.510N 119.886W 16.0 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Reno, NV
1.3 2008/05/28 11:02:07 39.569N 119.965W 0.0 6 km ( 4 mi) N of Verdi-Mogul, NV

A couple more on our fault.

quake.usgs.gov...

Edit to add: small EQ. SF bay area, 1.8, near Los Altos

bayarea

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Could the cause of the swarm starting again, be caused by the huge comet that hit the sun the other day? i have to assume that it has at least some effect on the earth

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

Look at the magnitudes; did they upgrade them?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I thinkt he 2.5 was originally said to be a 2.7 (through the emailing system).

I'm starting to get a stomach ache again. This is getting to be a regular thing now. Its not the lower stomach but the higher part of your stomach. Pretty much even with the lower rib area. If that makes sense to you guys.

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

quake.usgs.gov...

Look at the magnitudes; did they upgrade them?

they definitly upgraded them from last night.... that looks more like what we felt

I just felt the 11:38 quake... (wrote the time down 5 minutes before it posted) a .8 here at work..... something is weird, there is no way i should have felt that, 12 miles away, inside a building.. I felt a quick pressure build in my head, and then a quick pressure release, like someone had opened our front door.... cept it is still shut...

I Physically felt it, but i shouldn't have

[edit on 28-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
MAY 28th 12:48 PM

I just felt a wave of anxiety come over me, and it feels like i had waaaaay tooo much caffeine, but i havent and i cant shake the feeling....
I have an uneasy feeling in my gut, lus this anxiousness that a bigger quake will hit today or tonight here in NV or Eastern CA

I hope i am wrong.....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've had anxiety like that for the past two days. It's beginning to become really unsettling that nothning big is happening.

I too think something big is gonna happen, im feelin that it'll be down baja cali/mexico what with all of the symptoms and thoughts shared here.

Wonder if a big one is coming...someone call charlotte!

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Well, we do have that New Moon window coming up-- June 3rd.

What gets me is not one word from USGS or UNR or any of the "experts" about what this might be-- they must have some suspicion or idea. Their minds can't all be a total blank.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I personally think they are as stymied as we are about the Reno quakes. Unless there's something they don't want the public to know and THAT's why you aren't getting information. Has there been ANY sort of information coming from the USGS about the reno swarm lately? Anything at all?

Tela

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Charlotte is probably at work, even though she said this morning she didn't feel too well. If she felt anything significant for Reno, she would've phoned me at lunch time. On the other hand, I was on the phone during that time. I have e-mailed her and hope to hear back tonight when she's back home.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join