It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darfur - Untold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So much has been written about Darfur all over the globe but so little done for those poor hapless starving people. The proportion of injustice going on at Darfur is astronomical. Millions dead,Millions displaced,Millions lost. How are we gonna understand what goes throught the hearts of these people who are being thrown out of their own lands and subject to inhuman atrocities of the body and the mind? The division of country or the division of hearts?Is it the religious sectarian voilence or state sponsored terrorism? Genocide? Ethnic Cleansing? What's happening there? Is there a way anyone can try and fathom the depth of their miseries?Is the misery overhyped?Is it not one of the biggest humanitarian crises?

Role of UN is also questionable. Too little too late. And US? The less said the better. Will there be peace ever?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Since the times of empiric Colonization of the African nations, peace has been a concept lost on most of its peoples. Tribal war that was somewhat controlled during the times of European expansion have raged like it did before the 1800's. Education, being unavailable to most, and cultural and weather related problems have only exacerbated the plight of Africa.
Political solutions fail especialy with CIA,KGB,MI5 types from all the other nations meddling in the mix. 90% of weapons found in Africa come from China and The old Soviet Union. It going to be a very long time ,if ever, before Africa can become a viable part of this world. And there lies the true shame of this conundrum!!!

Zindo

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I see it from the angle of agression by a foreign culture.When Arabs moved in to Sudan,the unavoidable friction with the local population became immenent.What made it worse was thereligious angle involved in this case. Most of the locals have been forced to convert to the religion of the aggressor and has resulted in massive unrest.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Aryan,
Ya I was going to say that to, but I was worried it might derail the post. I was making the point that in almost all of Africa the resurgense of tribal warfare has made it impossible for legitimate governments to thrive. For instance, the Hutu and the Tutsi have fought literaly for centuries. The Congo and Angola have been hotbeds of violence for 40 years. I see the Arabs now as the biggest threat to African peace. Quite a few of Africas people think of they're spiritual selves in the manner of our American Indians, or as the are refered to now First Nations. Converting these peoples to Islam is only making things worse as far as tensions within countries is concerned.

Zindo

top topics

join