It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Will Never Recognize Israel' Hamas Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

'Will Never Recognize Israel' Hamas Says

www.upi.com

Mahmoud al-Zahar said in Gaza that "the right of return is closer than ever" adding "the Zionist legend of invincibility has been destroyed," Ynetnews.com reported.

"Now more than ever I tell you -- (we) will never recognize Israel ... We will form the Palestinian state on all of Palestine's territories and the sun of liberty will burn the Zionists. To them I say -- you will lose," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com
w ww.monstersandcritics.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Egyptian report says Hamas offers 6-month truce with Israel
Bush says he will make treaty before out of office

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's talk like this that leads me to believe that there is nothing that Israel can do, no amount of land or territories it can give up, that will lead to the recognition of it's right to exist by Hamas, Hesbollah and countries like Iran & Syria. Hamas has drug thier feet every step of the way in this "roadmap for peace" and has made it abundantly clear that it will never under any circumstances accept Israel's right to exist.

This begs the question, " why even bother to negotiate with a terrorist group who is intent on the destruction of your country and your people"? When you add the comments by Mahmoud al-Zahar to those of Iranian President Ahmadinejad and other outspoken muslim and arab enemies, it seems it will take a miracle for Israel to survive another 60 years. But then again, it took a miracle in the first place for Israel to become an independent nation, and they don't seem to be any less able to defend themselves today than they were at the beginning.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-5-2008 by lightseeker]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, Israel does not have the right to exist on Palestinian land.

Anyway I do not want to go on with this because we will reach a dead end.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero_cool1990
Well, Israel does not have the right to exist on Palestinian land.

Anyway I do not want to go on with this because we will reach a dead end.

Except that there never has been a historical country of palestine on that location, or any other in the world. Thus, there is really no such thing as "palestinians". It is a completely fabricated entity. These are arabs, plain and simple, given the name "palestinians" solely for political purposes.

On the other hand, the country of Israel has existed on this land (on and off depending on other conquering nations) for thousands of years.

Facts are facts and your post is based on none of them - only a dislike of Israel and perhaps even the Jewish people(?).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

*post removed by poster because, where as facts and personal feelings on the subject were true and honest, they were not compatible with ATS's rules.

Where as these rules have bitten me on the arse more than once, I would not change them or we risk turning into a "joke" site instead of one devoted to truth.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I am not removing this post. If the mods feel that it in some way violates ATS T&C's then I will accept it, though grudgingly; this is a legitimate news story and my viewpoints and personal feelings are in no way different than those of any other member concerning any other story. I'm sorry if it threatens your own political and social viewpoints but that is what free speech is all about, isn't it? You are free to disagree with my posting of this story but thankfully that's about all you can do.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You misunderstand me.

Perhaps I should have said,"I am removing my reply to the post"

I was strictly refering to "my" responce and "only" my responce.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Then I apologize and humbly ask your pardon; I was a little flummoxed by your post and put my, big, fat foot in my mouth; Mea Culpa!!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No problem.

Looking @ your "sig", I am sure we strongly agree on this issue.

Should all misunderstandings be solved so easily.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hamas will never accept Israel because if it does then it will put itself out of business. Hamas is a terrorist BUSINESS. Don't ever forget that. All the $$$ that comes in goes straight to the terrorists and their terror business. Peace would destroy that money making enterprise.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hamas is so full of it, they would never accept Israel until Iran tell them to do so the same way Israel wont comply with international law and negotiate seriously until the U.S. tell them to do so.

Both this countries are silly little pawns in the quest for domination and influence in the Middle East between the U.S. and Iran.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thats the spirit Hamas, show for ur country, for the future. Israel must out from Palestine. Fight for the greater hope.

new topics

top topics

join