It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crisis At Home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
But hey, i am just an american, not a liberal, not a conservative, not a neo anything. I just believe in preserving this country and what it was founded on. Nothing else

Be careful saying that, you might be labeled as a terrorist.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
reply to post by COOL HAND

Are you kidding? They just keep asking for Billions and Billions there is nowhere else to take from....they have bled our country pretty dry (well of course except their pockets).

There is a website called 'Where is the Money' which shows over a trillion dollars 'missing' every year (missing, as in never going to be investigated). Where is this money going, and where is the 'oversight'? If this money (hell, not even this, even the billions going to 'defense' contractors) were to be channeled into improving our infrastructure and stimulating our economy to make it competitive, I can imagine what a great legacy we'd be leaving our children. Instead, they are being saddled with debt that is so massive it seems impossible to recover from.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I personally think the government should invest in outsourcing.

I think we should close every embassy in every country. I think we should close every base, and bring all those troops home. I think we should bring the Navy home, mothball most of it. I think we should reincorporate the Navy in with the coast guard. I think we should cut all Foreign Aid, unless outlined in treaty from the U.N.

If all this was done, the military budget would be significantly less. The Navy would be directed back to the orginal intent, to defend america's shores. The troops, being stationed back in the U.S. would actually increase business and consumerism with the U.S. instead of the economies of foreign nations.

We could outsource our embassy duties to sweden for a 10th of what we currently pay people.

Once all this is done, I think that the president should be given the line item veto, and congress should be force to pass a balanced buget act.

Becasue we would be loosing our empiracal views, we could give rights back to the american people. Eliminating the Patriot Act.

We should nationalize the healthcare industry, eliminating healthcare insurance. We should limit Malpractice suits to doctors and nurses, and therefore elimininate there insurance cost. We should nationalize the airplane, phone, railroad,and refinery industries respectively. As lets face it, we are either supporting these now anyway, or the corporations are so greedy that the are bilking americans out of tons of cash.

We should use the money saved to implement windfarm and solarfarm technology.

Expand our railroad infrstructure. Actually seriously force the car industry to 1, bring those jobs back to the u.s. by mandating that 99% of the finished product must be american made parts, and labor. This would include the parts within the cars themselves.

Additionally, I would force the Defense industry with the same mandate, 100% made in American, all the way down to the bolts.

Build additional facilities to increase trade across the Southern border. This would include changeing the amount of 6 month work visas allocated to Mexico.

Increase minumum wage to a realistic Value that actually would pull people out of poverty.

In the event that a family is forced onto welfare, there needs to be practical steps taken to take them off. 1st if after 6 months, if they are still not off of it, children should be taken away. After all if the parents can't take care of themselves, they can't take care of there children.

Prison systems are a joke. We should build one massive prison on an island in the south pacific. We own many. transport everyone that is doing time for life in prison without parole to it. There would be no warden, and no guards. The navy would be used to protect the shores of the prison, as well as be responisible for mining the water along its shores. Prisoners being transported there would be given 6 months rations, seed, and a shovel.

The only healthcare, would be the healthcare that the prisoners make. In the event that organizations want to go in to help aid the prisoners, they would sign a waver and be responsible for themselves.

Anyone doing 5 years or less, should be put into chain gangs, and be responsible for cleaning the roads, maintaining the roads, turning rocks into concrete, and concrete into rocks. We should try to make As much Hard Labor for them as possible. The would live in tent cities, no air condition, no t.v.'s no electricity. Any murder or sexual assaults will result in transfer to the island.

Anyone doing 6 - 25 would be evaluated. If its for drug charges, they would be moved to the 5 years or less prison, and released after serving the 5 years. Those serving for rape, molestation, or other violent crimes would be moved to the island. Everything else would be reviewed on a case by case basis for either movement to a 5 year prison or the island.

All of this should have a 3X fold effect, reduce our reliance on foreign nations, Eliminate Empiralism which is causing the War on Terror, and Global mistrust of the U.S., actually Increase the middle class, by bringing those who want jobs out of poverty. Eliminate tax burden from Defense, foreign aid, the prison systems, etc.

Vote ME for president!

Cheers,

Camain

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Now you have shown your hand, you are a product of commercial advertising propaganda. Unions are for the people, it is our only way of keeping corporations from screwing us.

Whatever, it sounds like you are the one who bought the propaganda.

I do not deny that unions were a good thing back in the day, but now they do more harm than good. In order to get their members the higher wages, they force companies to charge more for goods. Now the employees are paying relatively the same amount for the items, and the rest of the people pay a higher cost for something that they shouldn't have to.

Did you know that in Europe a worker at Wal-Mart gets a month paid vacation? They have decent wages and health care. If that hurts business so much then why is wal-mart doing business there?

Because it can get away with charging more there. Europeans are used to paying more for items that we are.

Now to the point of this thread. Our military spending doesn't nothing for defense against terrorists. IT is for offense only so the mutlinational corporations can do business and have protection. It has NOTHING to do with protecting American citizens. If you understood defense strategy you would not make such ignorant comments.

I am not even going to bother commenting on that paragraph. Obviously you are not interested in the truth, just the same crap that folks like you have been whining about for a while now.

Sorry you are so gullible and have bought what the military industrial complex is selling.

I am sorry that you don't understand what the military does for you.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The biggest problem is people are so out of touch with how to live that they require a source of income just to live and feed thier family. In my early twentys I was homeless by choice. I survived 3 Michigan winters, was warm, and had a full belly every day. As an american you should be required to observe your constitutional rights. The absolute most important right is that of gun ownership. With a rifle, even a 22 caliber(as its the cheapest ammo wise for game hunting) you can feed yourself on the regular with no problem. When I was homeless I used less than 500 bullets a year in my 22...that cost me 14$ to feed myself for one year. I actually gained weight because I had more than enough food, but didn't want to waste it.
If you cant hunt, fish, trap, or grow food through seed collection(thats right you can collect wild plant seeds and grow them in large farm like plots for vegies) you are horribly out of touch with what reality actually is. You want help from the goverment? Ask them to show you how to actually live without handouts, print manuals on farming, or even house building using nothing but an axe or hatchet.

People are starving in Africa because of the encroching deserts, and lack of rain & growable land resources.

People are starving in America because even though they can afford a gun,ammo,traplines,fishing poles, seeds for food, ect... They do nothing to capitalize on it. They starve because they are worth nothing more than thier specific job. Or they could just be plain lazy.

Stop living in your entirely unstustainable concrete jungles, working useless 9-5 jobs because when the economic environment changes you will ALWAYS lose.

All the suffering in america is self inflicted.

Why doesn't the public schools teach children how to do basic things to keep themselves alive into adulthood? Why don't YOU own a gun? Why can't YOU build a small cabin or shelter? You should never trust a goverment to take care of or help you, look at the past two thousand years of goverment systems to see why. America was great when the goverment was only used as national defence from foriegn invaders, and a national mail carrier. Look at how much we've slid the more we give in to massive goverment. Throw all the darn money you want at the problems they will never be solved until you no longer rely on the goverment or others. You can place all your trust in the goverment, or grow up and do it yourself like a real man/women.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

The very simple answer to that is, this isn't 1800, the population of the United States is more than 51 times what it was when that was the average lifestyle of most Americans, there isn't enough land or game or wood or any of the other resources the population would need to live as such, and a vast number of Americans really aren't physically capable of living that way. This idea just isn't viable for most Americans. The world has mostly moved on from that stage of social evolution and barring a major disaster affecting the whole planet we're not going back.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

So you think people should just work themselves to death as a slave to the current system?

You see, even though I was homeless, I still had electricity because I built a wind generator out of scavenged wire and magnets. I built a pretty nice radio/stereo, had lights,ect. Even running water. I'm well aware that it's not the early 1800's.

However you will have to show me some evidence that there is not enough land & game to sustain the people in this country. If that is true how will the current way of life sustain itself? Where I live there is an over population of all game and non-game animals so It's not true here.
As to the "not physicly capable" part, I'll be sure to tell that to my quadraplegic friend the next time I go eat some deer at his house that he shot with a 308. If he can bag a deer from a wheelchair on his front porch then I just won't have much sympathy for the fat and lazy.

If you like like the current system, stop moaning when it gets bad. People will die because of it, and the things you think are so nessesary.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

You see, even though I was homeless, I still had electricity because I built a wind generator out of scavenged wire and magnets. I built a pretty nice radio/stereo, had lights,ect. Even running water. I'm well aware that it's not the early 1800's.

However you will have to show me some evidence that there is not enough land & game to sustain the people in this country. If that is true how will the current way of life sustain itself? Where I live there is an over population of all game and non-game animals so It's not true here.

I agree with you I think we as Americans have become to reliant on big business for our goods like food, energy etc but Nighthawk is right if all 300 million of us had to all of a sudden rely on hunting and fishing unless there was some maaaaad farming we would run out within a year or two. Just so its known I do hunt and fish...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Whatever, it sounds like you are the one who bought the propaganda.

I do not deny that unions were a good thing back in the day, but now they do more harm than good. In order to get their members the higher wages, they force companies to charge more for goods. Now the employees are paying relatively the same amount for the items, and the rest of the people pay a higher cost for something that they shouldn't have to.

If this was not so far out of reality it would be funny. They do not pass the savings on to the consumer. Example. Wal-mart has a radio control car they sell for $14.95. It costs them $.86 cents to make. They could make it here for $5.00 and still have a killer profit and we would still be manufacturing goods and making decent money. This is a fact.

Even if the crappy consumer goods are cheaper, that is not what matters. What matters is the cost of living, a home, fuel, electricity, food, diapers, formula the list goes on forever. When I was a kid growing up my father worked at GM and was the sole bread winner, my mom didnt even know how to drive a car. GM was making record profits and we were well off enough that my mom stayed home and raised the kids and we still had enough extra that I got a new motocross bike every other year.

Both my wife and myself both work and cannot afford to live like that.

This was while GM was making record profits and cars were affordable.

You have bought what they are selling because you spent your life as a mindless consumer that let the media brainwash you. Sorry pal but thats the truth.

Most Europeans can afford to not work 60-80 hours per week and live very nicely because they have UNIONS. They work 35-40 hours per week and average 2 months paid vacation. We have been duped and you should be pissed, not a bootlicker.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
So you think people should just work themselves to death as a slave to the current system?

The "current system" is CIVILIZATION. For all its ups and downs I'll take it any day over struggling for survival in the back woods the rest of my life.

Good for you. How much land did you own? Or did you squat on someone else's property? Or was it public property? Did you pay property taxes? Bureaucracy is inescapable, unless you're taking direct steps to evade the law. How'd you pull it off?

However you will have to show me some evidence that there is not enough land & game to sustain the people in this country. If that is true how will the current way of life sustain itself?

Through resource management programs (which the right-wing has done its best to render ineffective), recycling, and, if people can get over their selfish "I've got mine and screw everyone else" mentality, by coming together as a community.

Where I live there is an over population of all game and non-game animals so It's not true here.

So were you poaching? Or was this in a state that allows unrestricted hunting? In my state you need a license and can only hunt during certain seasons.

As to the "not physicly capable" part, I'll be sure to tell that to my quadraplegic friend the next time I go eat some deer at his house that he shot with a 308. If he can bag a deer from a wheelchair on his front porch then I just won't have much sympathy for the fat and lazy.

Always about the "fat and lazy" with you people, isn't it? What a convenient way to dismiss a huge sector of the population who happen to be overweight. If they're fat, they MUST be lazy. If they're lazy their lives aren't worth anything anyway. Thus they deserve no respect nor do they deserve to live in our New World Anarchy. Disgusting.

But that aside, it's great your friend can still shoot. What about people who need medicine? People with asthma, diabetes, heart conditions, high blood pressure, etc. etc. etc. All manner of chronic health conditions need regular treatment. How will they survive? Or are they just "fat and lazy" too?

If you like like the current system, stop moaning when it gets bad. People will die because of it, and the things you think are so nessesary.

If people don't point out how bad things are then there's no way of solving the problem. Doctors can't just do surgery without making a diagnosis first. People like me are the diagnosticians of society. We point out the system is broken and offer solutions to fix it. Some of us actively get involved in the solution. Personally I think that takes a certain amount of courage, especially considering how many Americans (such as Yourself) have a "Not My Problem" mindset. Generally I would consider you something of a coward; your idea to just pull up stakes, wander into the wilderness and leave it all behind, while society rots from within, is essentially running away from the situation because you don't want to be involved in the hard work of repairing it. But, if you're comfortable with that, go ahead. Abandon the world at large and live out your escapist Davey Crockett fantasies.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Boo frickin Whoo.
There are plenty of programs out there to help folks in need. They choose to not use them for various reasons. I can't help that, can you?

Budski, are you even American?

YOU ARE AN A NUMBER ONE SMALL EQUINE BEST OF BURDEN.

Most of the programs meant to help people in need are bankrupt. I myself have been in need of medical attention for chest pains, but I cannot find a program to help me. You do not have the slightest idea of what programs are out there, who they are intended to help, or what their criteria are for providing that help.

The government did not even see fit to give the people who earned less than $3,000.00 an economic incentive package. We are exactly the people who needed that package the most. Every year I pay almost two hundred dollars in taxes on my $2,200.00 earnings. I am well below the poverty level, but I pay my fair share of taxes. I am no freeloader.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Because "Defense" spending is anything but. We have gone so far beyond defense that its a joke. What we are now spending money on is the ability to kill more, faster. What we are now spending money on is the right of our elected leaders to pad the pockets of their military-industrial complex cronies. That's why "Defense" is targeted.

I agree with you on targeting foreign aid. Let's do away with most of it, starting with Israel, South Korea, Columbia, Afghanistan and Iraq. They aren't our friends. Isolationists never hurt anybody. And strong isolationists never were hurt by anyone.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

DANG! you hit the NAIL right square on the head with one hit.

Way to go!

Star this person!

If you were a Doberman Pincher, I'd say; " GO GET `EM!"

Short,Sweet, and PITHY as HELL.

EXCELLENT!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Boo frickin Whoo.
There are plenty of programs out there to help folks in need. They choose to not use them for various reasons. I can't help that, can you?

Budski, are you even American?

Choose not to use them? Where do you live? The Section 8 housing ran out of money over a month ago for this year where I live with a 2 year waiting list they are no longer even taking applications for. Money for emergency programs (utilities, one time rent payments to get people through a rough spot) are gone too. Food pantries aren't even staying stocked by the most generous of contributions. There are just too many people in trouble in this economy and last week they were you and me, but they had a car accident, or lost a job unexpectedly and they went under. (I'm not even going to get into the absolute disgrace of our disabled war veterans that don't have enough benefits to get a roof over their head).

Everyday people who were fine yesterday are headed for the streets today. Something is terribly wrong that goes well beyond what we have seen in the past. If people don't wake up and start to really see what is going on, you have blinders on and are falling for it hook line and sinker.

We have a crisis at home! There is no doubt about it. Energy demand is up 1% over the year but the price has doubled? Banks were allowed to go insolvent, but they are being baailed out - now that's what I call an entitlement. The markets are being impacted and manipulated in ways we can't even imagine, and very little of the "crisis" has anything to do with what must have come to believe is the cause, just what they want you to think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join