It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul publicly names neoconservatives

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Essentially isnt that what the government is asking us to do ..die for Isreal I mean you can sugar coat it all you want but fighting Isreals wars is fighting Isreals wars no matter how you look into it and I dont feel we have to their military is quite strong enough to handle that. And as far as the flags being intertwined and stuff like that I try not to look that deep but when you see half of this administration either dual citizens of Isreal and US or directly from Israel you have to say to yourself hmmm is there a link?

www.viewzone.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Originally posted by mybigunit

Essentially isnt that what the government is asking us to do ..die for Isreal I mean you can sugar coat it all you want but fighting Isreals wars is fighting Isreals wars no matter how you look into it and I dont feel we have to their military is quite strong enough to handle that. And as far as the flags being intertwined and stuff like that I try not to look that deep but when you see half of this administration either dual citizens of Isreal and US or directly from Israel you have to say to yourself hmmm is there a link?

I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe our foreign policy can be condensed into a cliche like that. Not to mention Israel's importance as an ally in that part of the world. And I would expect someone of Ron Paul's status to be a little more professional than that. Using those caricatures just seems so - 3rd rate.

Regardless of this video, I had my concerns about him before this. Accepting money from a white supremacist, using the excuse that "Better that I spend it than him", is troubling to me. And the amount donated is irrelevant - until his supporters used it as a defense ( It was only $500 ).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

While it's true Nanci Polosi and the Democrats recaptured the majority in the House, it's a very slim one. To really get something done that supports the platform a party really needs a 2/3rds majority. Without that majority it's pretty much status quo. Now if the country would have dumped out even more Republicans and delivered one, and nothing changed, then you would have a viable argument that parties don't matter.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Right it probably wasnt wise to accept money from the likes of David Duke wont disagree there cant disagree there but if you want to go down the slippery slope imagine the people who have donated to the others that isnt public that has done a lot worse like murder or robbing people blind no names to be mentioned so do we search through everyone that donates and give it back...I guess thats for another thread.

But on subject here yeah we will agree to disagree its just a fundamental difference I dont feel we have the money to police the world Im not just talking Israel Im talking South Korea...Germany...hell all the 130 countries we have bases in and lets throw in Saudi Arabia...I just feel being the worlds police has caused us more problems than the good that comes out of it.

Oh and BTW its not a video you should probably click the link and check it out who knows it may open up your mind

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Oh and BTW its not a video you should probably click the link and check it out who knows it may open up your mind

It's not a video? Now you've totally lost me.

If it's not a video, then what is it??

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

It's not a video? Now you've totally lost me.

Its an article with pictures ....its not a video

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Its something that a Ron Paul supporter pieced together to highlight his speech. How you can associate what an individual did to somehow stating that this is indicative of Dr. Paul's beliefs is beyond me. Or, are you trying to make some type of Jeremiah Wright association?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Ummm Im not sure who you are busting on me or her make yourself clear so if its me I can defend myself

Nevermind I got confused sorry energy.

BTW Becky I was talking about this link here
www.viewzone.com...

Not the Op video sorry I now see what you mean.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Kudos to Ron Paul, I don't even vote in the UK because as we all know its pointless, but if I lived in the US even I would be there voting for Ron Paul

First time in a long time (infact ever) I have heard someone come out and speak the truth about whats really going on in the dark.

VOTE RON PAUL (Not that it will make any difference to the result)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else find it strange that Ron Paul says what he says and champions the causes he does, flies in the face of the elite, gets any chance of electability stripped away by the main stream media, yet...

1. He still gets re-elected to Congress
2. Nobody's killed him yet
3. Strong evidence suggests that he's a Freemason

Anyone?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul is teh best and strongest contender in the political race, forget Obama, and Hillary...its pretty much just become a race between them. As much as I do not like McCain, all of the the lime light has been stolen from Paul and McCain because of the democrats. Just there diversity alone from the other presidents we have had is enough to throw them in to the spot light. It's sad to see some one as great as Ron Paul be pushed tot he side and censored, McCain is power hungry, he was a militarty man...they all reach a certain level of insanity when they are serving long terms in the military...trust me I know, my father was one and still is one. Thinking of any other candidate being president scares me honestly, I have looked in to the others campigns and such and they weren't sincere to me. Ron Paul would truly fufill his duties as president. Yes, we all know that Obama will probably be the next "head of state" at least that is what it seems like over here on the east coast, but if he gets eleceted im afraid he will be our next president to be assassinated. I have read so many reports of people saying that. It merely scares the hell out of me to think that. Ron Paul is a long shot, be that as it may, but he is the best bet. He will follow through and follow our constitution. No more Neo-Con freaks up in the white house.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO
[more
You have said exactly what everyone needs to hear.You never lose your vote when you vote your true choice.We have been led into pascivity and taught that you can only vote for one party or the other."Choose the lesser of two evils"as it were

I will not lose my vote.I will write in Ron Paul for President.He is our last best hope for this country people.Every vote cast for Dr.Paul will shake the foundations of The Powers That Be.They will know that there are at least that number of people aware of the scam they are pulling over on the American people.

Do your country a favor,do yourself a favor and write in Ron Paul for President

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
WOW!!

this guy has the balls alright...

but from what I see in newspapers and on T.V, (bear in mind i live in N.Z and we only get the major US networks...)is that he is only getting a tiny fraction of the exposure the other candidates have enjoyed...

how is he going in the US? Are the minor news broadcasters and reporters doing their part and giving him a fair share of time in the spotlight?

and if presented the correct information does mass america have the sensibility required to act accordingly?

I would like to think that we here in New Zealand (population 4.2million) we are given far more honest information, and therefore have the ability to vote more insightfully. I suppose it helps having a voting system we can have faith in.
Dont get me wrong though, our governemt still makes mistakes behind our backs...

[edit on 15/5/2008 by Zeus187]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I think at this point everyone is under the impression that George Bush is simply a figure head if you will.....a very,very, stupid figure head. I think Dick Cheney is really running the show.

Keep in the forefront of your mind....

.....that McCain is considering Cheney as HIS VP.......

..since he is doing such a 'bang up' job.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I won't address your assessment of Israel's origins in the current geopolitical arena, but I will say that *I* was the one who questioned RP's bias. I have reasons:

In the video there is a caricature of Uncle Sam entwined, lock-style, in a Star of David. It is held together by a "Master Lock" - nice choice, eh?

Another shot...Condi talking to Netanyahu, with Israeli and American flags in the background.

When RP begins to describe what, in his opinion, are neocon views, there is a Star of David as a backdrop.

View #3 is a knockoff of a recruiting poster of Uncle Sam pointing out at us, and the caption reads

I WANT YOU
TO DIE FOR ISRAEL

There's probably more.

Am I reading too much into this? I don't think so.

First off, I don't think it's at all inappropriate to address any assessment of Israel's origin (even though I didn't make one) in the "geopolitical arena", just in this post since it wouldn't be on topic.

Second, others have already pointed out that the images on the clip weren't Paul's. Only the speech. Who knows who put the sound and audio together.

Third, what's wrong with using a country's flag to decry the country? The Star of David is on Israel's flag. If one wanted to draw any artistic rendering or artistic satire of the interaction of two countries, why wouldn't you use the flag or iconography of said country(s) to do so?

Though, yeah, I agree that the whole Uncle Sam in the Star of David was messed up - mainly because I think it was meant to bring up that whole "the Jews crucified Christ" thing that's been done to death (no pun intended).

Seriously, I really don't care if someone is Jewish, I don't really even understand why it even matters anymore. For the last 60 yrs. you've been able to "convert" to Judaism - totally against the matriarchal orthodoxy by the way - so by now it's kind of moot, anyone can be Jewish. Big deal. Most of us are to some extent or in some percentage anyway if we're taking into consideration both paternal and maternal lineage.

Synopsis - Paul didn't put together the iconography of the clip that was linked to by the OP. Though I don't think I would be wrong in my feeling that he doesn't believe it's worth the international implications to support what I, at least, consider to be an illegal occupation.

You can be Anti-Israel without being Anti-Jewish.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Quick question, no doubt Mc Cain is tied into this and i would guess that Hillary is as well so does that mean that Barack Obama is also or is he currently working against this kind of approach(neo-conservatism)? If he is also following this point of view what can we do to change the direction of our country , our world?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I agree 100%. I have lived through 5 elections. My candidate won 3 of them. I will sadly admit that the last name of each of those 3 candidates is much like that of a shrub. It's pathetic that I voted mainly based on my affiliation as a republican instead of based on good knowledge.

I will also be voting for the likely loser of this election. No, not McCain. I will be voting for the real change. For Ron Paul.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by KMFNWO

I agree 100%. I have lived through 5 elections. My candidate won 3 of them. I will sadly admit that the last name of each of those 3 candidates is much like that of a shrub. It's pathetic that I voted mainly based on my affiliation as a republican instead of based on good knowledge.

I will also be voting for the likely loser of this election. No, not McCain. I will be voting for the real change. For Ron Paul.

YOU PUT US IN THIS POSITION!!!!!! J/K We all make mistakes but its good when you learn from them...Im voting RP also whether I have to write him in or not.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I think at this point everyone is under the impression that George Bush is simply a figure head if you will.....a very,very, stupid figure head. I think Dick Cheney is really running the show.

Keep in the forefront of your mind....

.....that McCain is considering Cheney as HIS VP.......

..since he is doing such a 'bang up' job.

Are you serious?!!! I have not read that.....please send me a link to that or video.....that is something that a lot of people don't know.That would be horrible if it where the case.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I see a lot of people here talking about writing in Ron Paul if he's not on the ballot but I've said this two times before, Bob Barr is running for president on the Libertarian ticket. He has the exact same views as Ron Paul and is a former congressman from Georgia. Instead of writing in a vote that you won't be able to write in thanks to diebold machines, vote for the ....OTHER candidate the media isn't talking about. Vote for the idea, not the person. Bob Barr doesn't have Ron Paul's name behind him but he believes the same way Ron Paul does. Do yourself a favore and visit Bob Barr's website and read, watch, listen to what he has to say.

www.bobbarr2008.com

Any true Ron Paul supporter will jump on the Bob Barr bandwagon.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join