It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudd mulls court action against Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Rudd mulls court action against Ahmadinejad

news.sbs.com.au

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says his government is still taking legal advice on whether it will take Iran's president to the International Court of Justice for inciting violence against Israel.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had threatened to eliminate the Jewish state and the government was taking legal advice on launching a case against him at the international court in the Hague, Rudd said. Iran does not recognise the Jewish state, and since becoming president in 2005 Ahmadinejad hasrepeatedly provoked international outrage by predicting that Israel is doomed to disappear.
"It's not just hyperbole from the bully pulpit of Tehran, it's the roll-on effect across the Islamic world, particularly those who listen to Iran fortheir guidance," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well fist of all I am no fan ofAhmadinejad. But if I read correctly, he didn’t say that Israel should be wiped of the map.(According to some source) PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve heard so many different versions .any way as much as I do like Rudd can some one tell me how dose this work? And if that fails then what ? will he ask the u.s to help?

news.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
first i've heard of this...

why should we get a beaks wet in the mess over there anyway?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think we should just keep our nose out of it and leave it to the other countrys who like to push their weight around

I love my home just the way it is Lets just stay under the radar

But i'm sure Bush would be in Rudds ear saying do this do that just like Howard

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
But the thing is we are all ready involved in the Middle East mess. Iraq, affgangistan .If I have time between watching bb and NASA announcement, I will look up on The Hague and see how it works. I mean what if the plan is for oz to start. Then not only get the u.s involved but to take over?

[edit on 14/5/08 by iammonkey]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I truly laughed heartily when I saw that on the news. I mean... Ahmidinjad isn't a model state leader, but how on earth would this work???

The budget has just been handed down, and Rudd is talking of taking 'legal action' on some cook in the Middle East - I guess it breaks up the 'working families' sound bite!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
We are only in the middle east to keep the Americans happy... i really wish we didn't have to get involved in every one of there pointless conflicts... what has the alliance ever give us? if we had of spent the money (from all the wars we helped fight for the yanks) on developing closer ties with our neighbours we wouldn't need the defense pact.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
why the hell is Rudd, kow-towing so much to the Yanks lately?

I thought he would be keeping Australian more nuetral in the world when he came to power, but it looks like he has had the tap on the shoulder and the quiet word in the ear from those that really call the shots and his tone has changed.

Didnt Hillary Clinton mention that she'll wipe Iran off the map if they ever attack Isarael?

wheres the law suit against her?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In a few instances when the headline said "Ahmedinejad wants Israel wiped off" the actual body text has him speaking about getting rid of "Zionist regime" in Isreal.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
all this are fake words. I can see.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If Israel has a problem they can deal with it or ask for help. Until then why would we step in?

Krudd promised to pull troops back and now he is setting us up to need more over there?!?

I liked it when we could just bag the US for putting thier bits in where they were not wanted. I don't want Astralia to be seen as one of them

top topics

join