It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Hitler that bad?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

"Hell, even the Dalai Lama tortured people"

did he,?, please elaborate.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh, right! Penn & Teller!! Gee, thanks for giving us such an educated, reasoned and well balanced overview of chinese-tibet relations and on that blood-thirsty barbarian, the Dalai Lama. Yeah, you really gotta keep an eye on those buddhist priest types. Give me a break!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yea and penn and teller are biased beyond belief its silly that you would actually trust what they have to say as an end all be all.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
yes he was that bad....jesus are you kidding me
The little lunatic set the world on fire and killed millions of people. Stalin was just as bad, only he was on the winning side of that war. But yes..dont they teach history a in school these days.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Until there is one world government there is little that individual countries can do to stop the tyrants. Not that I'm for one world government.
Hitler was an evil man, but I also believe that it was his contract with the universe to play the part he did.
Until each human being see's his or her neighbor as an equal, until the power of love over comes the love of power, there will always be suffering, not only among the masses, but in each of us.
This isn't the first time that humanity has come to this stage of development, there have been others, and this one like the others that preceded it will come to a violent end, all because we are not capable of learning the lessons from past mistakes. All these underground facilities will not save them, although some will survive, and the world will descend into another dark age, literacy will become non-existent because all resources and energy will be pointed toward survival.
The experiment is about to end.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You people are ridiculous.

I posted that video because I thought it was an interesting little video and they did a good job of explaining it, and you people give me flak?

Google it yourselves, I'm tired of doing your research for you.

I suppose you lazy people are even too lazy to hit the other links either.

How ridiculous can you people be?

[edit on 5/14/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Im also saying hate them equally. but we dont hate them equally like stalin and hitler we are taught to hate hitler he was evil and stalin was our ally in the war stalin helped us defeat the evil hitler. NO!!! stalin and hitler were on the same field we should not respect stalin in any way.

Who was it that said the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Whoever it was, maybe he should've added something about it being subjective.

Caballero, no one asked Stalin to help i believe, he merely acted as if he wanted to, and in a way that was entirely reasonable - what with securing the front lines and everything.

However when you look at it from the perspective of Stalin's actual character, what seems more like the truth is that He took advantage of the regional instability, that much is certain.

I agree that those should probably be the actual words that are written, and that it is odd that they are not.

Unfortunately, i am fairly certain that had Stalin not squared up to Hitler, Operation Market Garden and D-Day would never have been so successful, and Allied casualties would have been much higher.

I guess the allied forces who were in those operations were simply relieved that Stalin decided to throw his weight about, and as such a more favourable light was cast upon him by the Military.

In Hindsight yes, The Documentation could have been more specific.

Mod Edit: removed profanity in quote box.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
well thaTS what we did with hussain and look where we are did you forget about that lil war we have going on??

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
you like many others have given me flak since square one.
the only thing ridiculous here is that you continue to defend other mass murderers in the sake of making hitler the number one most evil man on the planet, but in that you are wrong. Yes he caused a bunch of crap for everyone and yes he was very evil but to call him evil and another mass murderer stalin an ally is just as sick as defending hitler and calling his actions righteous.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Is that aimed at me?

Well if it is;

Erm... i didn't call Stalin an Ally, i said that he manuevoured his forces in such a way that he appeared to be one during WW2.

Acting Like an Ally, Even.

Is it nessecary for you to colour people with such a negative shade when they appear to be disagreeing with you?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

that has NOTHING to do with starving his country and throwing people who did not agree with him in prison. he killed more thaqn 20 million people and still you defend him why is that less disgusting than defending hitler?

no that wasnt to you twas to bigbert81.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by caballero]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I was wondering about that, considering i had given you 4 pages worth of breathing time before i started getting involved in the discussion again.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did it occur to you to ask why he starved his country and locked up dissenters?

To Make himself Look like an Ally of the West.

When you write the history books, they stay written.

Anything else is an after-thought.

We only found out about the crimes against humanity that he committed after the history books were written, is what i'm saying.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Did it occur to you to ask why he starved his country and locked up dissenters?

To Make himself Look like an Ally of the West.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

how dooes that make stalin look like our ally? shouldnt we be disgusted that thats the way people have to be more of an ally starving their own nation to death.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

He locked up the people who looked like they were going to tell the west about his crimes.

How can you not understand the simplicity of what i am saying?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

First of all, smart guy, quit putting words in my mouth and accusing me of crap.

Second, all I have done is defend why I believe Hitler to be the worst of them all. If you want to take that personally and whine and cry about it, be my guest.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

Oh, right! Penn & Teller!! Gee, thanks for giving us such an educated, reasoned and well balanced overview of chinese-tibet relations and on that blood-thirsty barbarian, the Dalai Lama. Yeah, you really gotta keep an eye on those buddhist priest types. Give me a break!!

Hmmm, LightSeeker, huh?

Funny, because from what I've seen, you sure like to stay in the dark.

Ooooh, snap! Yeah, I went there.

Do some friggin' research.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He also posted that video on the Dali Lama in response to my request for it, so redistribute some of your heat to me please

Also, the Dali Lama has said things that are most definitely against the tenets of Buddhism and not conducive to a state of a bodhisattva. For instance, when asked about Buddhisms stance on homosexuality, the Dali Lama said Buddhism is against homosexuality. For the people that are familiar with Buddhist teachings and philosophy, they would know how untrue that statement is. In addition to that, anyone who says a huge portion of the population is not worthy of salvation through transcension is not compassionate or a humanitarian... both of which are paramount for a bodhisattva... which excludes no one from the Buddhist way of being.

[edit on 053131p://14u53 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

no he closed off the enitre country from the outside world. He imprisoned those who would start uprisings within russia, and he starved the innocent.

bigbert81,
chill friendo by saying that stalin is not as bad as hitler you are in essence defending stalin not to say that youve singled it out to stalin.

Yeah, you're right, someone who's intentions were to wipe out all of the Jewish people, and black people, and several others, and bring about a new race of Arians certainly wouldn't have beaten Mao Tse Tung or Stalin had he not been stopped.....pffffft.

thats defending both of their crimes by saying hitler was worse. what im saying is hate them equally youre saying hate hitler more. am i wrong? if so tell me why.

so i didnt put words into your mouth at all im sorry you feel that way but i didnt.
no i wont take it personally but what youve got to realize is that a murder is a murder. so why do you hate one murderer more than aan equally insane murderer?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by caballero]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
NO!!! stalin and hitler were on the same field we should not respect stalin in any way.

I agree. I can't speak for anyone else. But I have made my stance clear I feel. Hitler, Stalin, Bush... Are viewed the same to me. Their actions are equally horrible.

[edit on 053131p://14u17 by Lucid Lunacy]

Mod Edit:Removed profanity from quote box

[edit on 14-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join