It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Hitler that bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Now dont get me wrong hitler was a mass murdering *snip*. However so many have been since hitler yet we do nothing to stop them, we do nothing to educate our youths on stalins evils. Or how about Hu Jintao for letting his country create problems like that in sudan? If you want to go for someone local how about bush who sent us to war for no reason. the reason we went to war was disproved sometime ago.

So why is hitler taking all the bad rap in the bad guy arena are those other bad guys not as bad? or is it that hitler was going off of his own agenda and not the other world leaders so he had to be stopped. and before it was too late our country was attacked and we went to war. If we went to war to stop hitler from tearing the world apart why dont we stop china now who is manipulating africa and killing tibet? So this leaves me with the question, was hitler the only bad guy to rule a country?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by caballero]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
[edit on 14-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

[edit on 14-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You're missing a lot of what all the Nazis did.

I suggest you check out some more of the Nazi history and how twisted it really was before just putting him in the same level, or higher than one of these other monstrous tyrants.

Hitler (and Himmler) was head and shoulders above just about anyone, as far as sadistic, torturous, murderous lunatics.

Mao Tse Tung and Stalin were pretty bad too.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You mean like this guy?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Yes, Hitler was so bad. I agree he does get the limelight over other equally evil men, but such is the way of history.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is one of the most uneducated and irrelevant rants I've read in awhile.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
stalin-
20 million from famine, executions, and other such things all attributable to stalins rule.

Mao tse tung-
torture victims had red hot gun rods jammed into their anuses

hu jintao-
has stopped all resolutions on sudan from ever passing to protect assests to china while over 400,000 have died in sudan. china backs the sudanese gov't that backs the janjaweed which is the militia thats killing everyone.

Saddam Hussein-
used chemical weapons on kurdish communities.

and many many more. you cannot sit here and tell me hitler was the only guy who did some really cruel stuff? to do so is absurd i mean tons of leaders around the world are meaner than hitler. one guy(i forget who) boiled people to death, BOILED! so why is it that hitler is the only one we hear about ever?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AztecSpiritual
I'm sorry but this is one of the most uneducated and irrelevant rants I've read in awhile.

why is that? give me some reason behind your statement.
In no way am i defending hitler so dont get all pissy about that cause i hate the guy as much as you but i also hate other guys we never hear about as if they were being ignored. WHY IS THAT? thats what i want to know

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
They are all evil. Are you saying that one evil person is "eviler" than the other so that person should receive more attention? They all massacred, tortured, and did terrible things but they are ALL known for it.

Hitler was still one of the worst human beings to ever live.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

It's rather ridiculous to claim that "Hitler is the only one we hear about ever". If that were true, how on earth would you know about the other men you mention? There are a wealth of documentaries about Stalin and Mao and Mussolini etc. Sorry, I do not see any kind of embargo of information on these others....why do you feel otherwise?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AztecSpiritual

are they now? interesting homework for you go to some public place and ask someone who hu jintao is and why he is a bad guy. or ask them why stalin was a bad guy. i promise you that they will not know the correct answer, that they are both war mongering mass murderers.

And im not saying lets look at just these few murderers. im saying why dont we look at them all and learn how disgusting they all are instead of learning of how disgusting one is and leave the rest to do their dirty work.

How many times have we let genocide happen after hitler? TOO MANY GOD DAMN TIMES thats how many. if you asked people who comitted acts of genocide the answer is usually hitler. not stalin, or Kim Jong-il who is destroying his own nation. Why is it always hitler not anyone else thats what im saying and to be quite honest i cant understand how you managed to think i wanted to focus only on hitler.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

i know about them because i do research. how many people do you know will sit back on a saturday and study old dictators? and yes in mainstream schooling, history class is all about hitler and why he was so evil. and thats it there are no other names dropped just hitler.

i expect everyone on this site to be a little more well read than the general population of the USA, so i expect many to know who i was talking about. however what i dont expect is the average joe or jane of america to know exactly who im talking about but i know full well they will know hitler.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Pres. Karimov of Uzbekistan perhaps?

Like I said before, feel free to check some of the Nazi history. They did anything and everything to countless people. Anything and everything. Not to mention the millions of lives lost, the horrible intentions, the satanism, etc.

There are several tyrants in the world, but my gold medal has to go to Hitler and his merry band of men. If we look solely at lives lost, I think Mao Tse Tung has them all beat.

Hell, even the Dalai Lama tortured people.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You are defending hitler though, even if you don't mean to.

What you are saying is that there are people in the world who have been or are worse than hitler, and in a way i agree with you, BUT;

Hitler is the guy we think of when we look at history for examples of fascist dictatorships, and as such he is the epitome of what we in the 21st century think of when we look back at how our culture has developed over time.

After all, Hitler started a pretty damn big fight if you hadn't noticed.

If he had his way, it wouldn't of just been localised to a single country, but the entire damn old world.

The only reason that other fascist leaderships aren't brought up so often is because they aren't as aggressive in terms of international interests.

There's your reason - Hitler/The Nazi Party was trying to conquer the *snip* world, and because of it millions* of allied troops died trying to stop him.

We spent decades recovering from the losses that Hitler caused to humanity, and i don't really think anyone wants to do it again unless it's absolutly nessecary.

p.s; Yeah, it's fairly uneducated.

*Okay, that's quite an exaggeration.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
no im saying people have been the same as hitler. and if you are going to call my opinion ignorant back it up with something worth calling an opinion wrong.

After all, Hitler started a pretty damn big fight if you hadn't noticed.

and stalin killed 20 million of his own people but in my history books he was the ally of america in WWII and wanted more of germany than he desearved after WWII. nothing even mentioned of what kind of mass murderer he was.

The only reason that other fascist leaderships aren't brought up so often is because they aren't as aggressive in terms of international interests.

international interests? how about sudan, who is the victim of international interests after all? i havent heard much about chinas heavy involvment with the exception of one magazine.

and what about the fact we didnt even try stopping hitler from his rise to power until he got too much power and we got scared? we put up sanction after sanction after sanction and watched him disobey those sanctions. the only reason it got as big as it did was because we did not act appropriatley to his rise to power. To whom ever said that he was a satanist and in that same post told me to read up on nazi history, Hitler ridiculed paganism, ocultism, and other such beliefs in his book mein kampf. Dont tell me im ignorant and then pop off with crap like that.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

1) no im saying people have been the same as hitler. and if you are going to call my opinion ignorant back it up with something worth calling an opinion wrong.

2) and stalin killed 20 million of his own people but in my history books he was the ally of america in WWII and wanted more of germany than he desearved after WWII. nothing even mentioned of what kind of mass murderer he was.

3) international interests? how about sudan, who is the victim of international interests after all? i havent heard much about chinas heavy involvment with the exception of one magazine.

4) and what about the fact we didnt even try stopping hitler from his rise to power until he got too much power and we got scared? we put up sanction after sanction after sanction and watched him disobey those sanctions. the only reason it got as big as it did was because we did not act appropriatley to his rise to power.

And so the dissection begins.

1) no im saying people have been the same as hitler. and if you are going to call my opinion ignorant back it up with something worth calling an opinion wrong.

If you're saying that people have been the same as hitler, you're not really saying very much are you?

I thought you were saying that there were individuals who were worse than hitler, but i see i was wrong in that judgement.

2) Stop reading history books and think for yourself, then.

If you don't agree with what you find in the books, then say so - don't skip about the point like a damn kangaroo.

3) Well, you could blame the MSM for that, couldn't you?

4) They did try - they tried doing things peacefully.

You made a counter point and then contradicted yourself in the very same statement.

I think a lot of the problem of hitler's unopposed rise to power was the fact that the people didn't want another war, having just gotten over the last WORLD war.

And of course, nowadays we have problems like Corporate America, whom don't like the idea of the political establishment picking fights with people all willy-nilly because of the fact that they'd have to tighten the purse-strings in order to go ahead and do it.

The corporations are a blight on society in more ways than one, you don't need to be educated to realise that - just smart.

But seriously, if you think that people in history have not been evaluated properly as the war-mongering blood crazed tyrants that they are, then just say so.

When you start saying things like "Oh, People always seem to think Hitler was the classic Fascist Oppressor" you're bound to get a contradiction or two, and it's probably because even though 60 years have passed, the memory of that war is still fresh in our generational memory.

You can't blame people for it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Mao Tse Tung and Stalin (both of whom were supported at different times by US/GB) where in a different league to Hitler and their death tolls pales the Hitler’s death camps by 10’s of millions. A good book to look at is MAO The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday. No doubt it will get bad press as it dares to show the involvement and manipulation of the West namely US/GB/USSR to further their own ends.

As far as I’m concerned Hitler was an evil world player but no worse that those of his peers then or now, if you look at the current day world legacy of those that ‘defeated’ this tyrant (take one example Israel / Palestine) and look at the number of wars that the US/GB have created/been involved with and tot up the innocent victims (saw a war time statistic a while ago that shows that in WW1 the Civilian deaths accounted for around 10% of all deaths, this figure has steadily got worse and worse to the point that now 90% of all deaths in war are civilians – I’ll see can I dig it up?) , then I believe its clear to see who the evil ones are?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Yes, but here's what you're missing.

We're looking at how bad Hitler was, and you're just going off of body counts.

Mao Tse Tung and Stalin both died in office. They topped off with their death tolls. Hitler would have surpassed them both had he not been stopped by force.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by mlmijyd

Hitler would have surpassed them both had he not been stopped by force.

The whole reason Hilter is quoted above all other is because of what he did in the death camps and that involved body counts. We can agree to disagree on his final body count but it would never have reached into 100million+ Est. China/USSR deathes, no way! Hitler was stopped in my opinion because those that created and allowed him to become what he was in the first place wanted to end it, so it ended. Mao's life didn't end the way Hitler's did because the West weren’t interested in terminating him as it obviously didn't server their agenda?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
And don't forget Pol Pot.

Hitler is the accepted "personification of evil", as it were, because he not only was responsible for the murder of millions of innocents but he did it by crossing borders with a militarism not seen since Napoleon or even earlier.

"Was Hitler so bad?" You must be joking.

And comparing George W. Bush to Adolph Hitler is ridiculous.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

First, you may want to double check your numbers.

Secondly, yes, absolutely Hitler would have surpassed Stalin and Mao Tse Tung's numbers had he not been stopped.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by mlmijyd

First, you may want to double check your numbers.

Secondly, yes, absolutely Hitler would have surpassed Stalin and Mao Tse Tung's numbers had he not been stopped.

Your right, number were probably much higher and I was using the lower figures quoted in the book I mentioned earlier (that used dozens and dozens of external sources to try and get figures). It just doesn't make for comfortable reading when you learn of the monsters that were funding these monsters. See all monsters, not better not worse just all evil and bad, just a matter of PR and the writing of history.

And, no just stating it for a second time don't move your argument forward regarding Hitler and his expected death numbers. Mine whilst are debateable are that, you are just offering an opinion, a wrong one in my opinion.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join