It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First sightings of Nibiru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
just an hour ago it was annoced that Secret Ministry of Defence (MoD) files detailing sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) in Wales have been made public for the first time.

one of the accounts caught my eye:

In January 1985 an "exceptionally large reddish" star "several times the magnitude of Venus" was seen by three generations of the same family in a stationary position 12 miles south of Aberystwyth.

news.bbc.co.uk...

any thoughts???

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonicX007

I think you need to change your title

In January 1985 an "exceptionally large reddish" star "several times the magnitude of Venus" was seen by three generations of the same family in a stationary position 12 miles south of
is what it said

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It was the sun.

Seriously, if that was the first sighting of Nibiru, then the Nibiru people have dropped the ball. If it was here in 1985, why didn't they all pick up on it then.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Which way was it going? Toward the sun or back to "the abyss"? I suspect that if this thing ever does show up it could hang around a few years actually, and it will not be a quick fly by, but Like the star of Christ, which the wise men followed on a long journey, or the time of the exodus until the time of Joshua, be a phenomen for forty years.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting find, sighted in 1985? if it is Nibiru, it's been around for a while!! lol
doubt we can say for certain, but I think people might have noticed if it was the sun.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, a reasonable way of looking at it would be that there's more than one Nibiru.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Well, a reasonable way of looking at it would be that there's more than one Nibiru.
Or the other reasonable way, which is there is no Nibiru, but certainly a history of sun-spots/flares, etc. and a proven effect on the Earth's enviroment causing dramatic fluctuations of "normal" weather patterns. (I also believe global warming is primairily a cause of Mankind's actions, so don't pile on me for that)
www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thank you for reminding me of that, TheWayISeeIt.

You don't need to source something so logical, however.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No reason to be so snippy about it there, Anti-Tyrant. I'm new to this but was under the impression that one is supposed to link to valid points when making one.

Anway, the whole "That's Nibiru! No, wait, that's Nibiru!" seems to be endlessly documented on this site with no one able to gain any ground in terms of proving an elliptical orbit of any unknown planet that follows any sensical time-line vis-a-vis Earth.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I remember this.

I live in Australia, and at the time in 1985 I lived in Brisbane on the east coast of Australia. It was early morning I forget which day it was, my dad woke up to get ready for work, and each morning he would look outside to see how the weather looked.

It was one morning he saw this massive, and I mean absolutley massive object in the sky. He reported to being atleast 4-5 times the size of the moon, it had a reddish tail and it was moving oh sooo slowly but it was really far out in space.

My dad said there was thousands of people calling the radio stations reporting this sighting, the radio station called the Air Force andall they said was it must have been a jet fighter with afterburners on HAHAHA.

The story was squashed very quickly, I have tried to find reports on the net about this, and finally I found a snippet of it on here.

new topics

top topics

join