It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing halts CH-47 assembly pending investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Boeing indefinitely ceased all assembly work today on the Philadelphia-based production line for the H-47 Chinook helicopter.

The “discovery of possible manufacturing irregularities in two aircraft” was blamed for the temporary production stoppage, Boeing says in a statement

did they get caught making dodgy aircraft?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well its resumed now so here is the news link.

Boeing plans to cautiously restart the CH-47 Chinook helicopter production line May 15, after shutting it down May 13 following the discovery of what the company is calling irregularities in two aircraft.

Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), whose district includes the Chinook plant, said he learned of severed wires on one of the CH-47s and a suspicious washer in a subsystem of the second aircraft. “After having several briefings [on the matter], I think there’s a low probability this wasn’t deliberate,” Sestak said. “But it’s not out of the question that it’s the result of an accident.”

www.aviationweek.com...

So it sounds like it was damage that looked to have been intentionally done to the Helo while on the line. It was caught but they want to know why, who or how.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Bad news for a helo in high demand at the moment...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Also though you can't really blame this on Boeing though. Sucks yes. Hopefully they can keep people happy and this "issue" will be one that is being watched for even more closely now.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH

Originally posted by _Del_

Also though you can't really blame this on Boeing though. Sucks yes. Hopefully they can keep people happy and this "issue" will be one that is being watched for even more closely now.

It sounds like they only missed a couple days, so it's probably not a problem in the big picture. I had based my previous post on reading just the first announcement that production had been suspended "indefinitely." I wasn't pointing a finger at Boeing.

top topics

join