It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Thoughts...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I always seem to get random thoughts about things, like a light bulb going off inside my head... The way I vent these is by posting a thread, doing some research, posting some links etc...

This thread is sorta the same thing only without all the leg work... Everyone can participate... Please try to stick to the rules of ATS or a moderator might remove your comments or worse... Just a little heads up... but...

I'd like to know what some of your random thoughts are, can be of anything... You don't have to explain your random thought to anyone or provide any evidence because this is for free thinking... However, you are encouraged to give as much detail as possible... Lets make this fun!

Here is an example...

I have already posted on this, but an idea popped into my head that maybe underground bases might be at war with each other...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have entertained an idea for a long time. I have wondered how powerful it would be if the powers that be (?) would fake the the second coming of Christ.

I wonder how things would change if a large portion of people plan their trips around town, instead of driving around willy nilly.

I have entertained the idea that if people were likened to knives and their clothing were as the sheath. Then why do people place so much importance on the clothing?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

holy cow man I've thought of this too! It's possible very possible, just keep you eyes open and your head up! Nice one! star

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, I've always wondered why we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
ok i got one...

why does vannah white get paid millions of dollars to touch little mini screens? that's all they are..lil bity ass mini tv screens..and all she's doing is touching them. that pisses me off..

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Why I always thought I had Alien Genetics due to mother being abducted (silly old belief), and then realised why I was always alienated in life. It was my own delusion beliefs for survival in a shizoid paranoid western society.

Why I believed in santa clause, and had a fear of satan, both one and the same..now I know why I thought I was the anti-christ. Trauma at age 4 brought this up

Why I used "Im a Marty", is it in reference to Im a Martyr? Or Imam Mahdi the Islamic Savior, Inferior complex, and Superior Complex at the same time..

Why christ said 'Father why have you forsaken me', father heaven above, or Joseph....Christ had some major Abandonment issues....

Bible a psychology manual?

Atlas with world on his shoulders, or under his feet, feeling ontop of the world. Greek Psychology, and Atlas was a God. What other Gods do you identify with.

I came to the realisation, that we are alone here on earth, NO ALIENS out there ready to invade, population 6 billion and rising, a shizoid paranoid western society, in need to remove insanity, war, and crime, about time a NWO occured, otherwise this world is going to cr4p!

I made this video over a year ago... enjoy. (was anti NWO back then, but the message is still the same, I just see glass half full rather than half empty)

[edit on 22/5/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
say groupies 100 times and it will have no meaning

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Electric Uncle Sam: Good idea for a post

I wonder if some stars/famous people are working for the CIA, or some other agency. Or perhaps they are manipulated into doing things that get them in the media. Such as the Mel Gibson drunken anti semite debacle, or the recent Wesley Snipes militant deal, or even Britney Spears and all her hijinks.

I wonder if we asign a female pop star (e.g. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, etc.) to government officials that we want to keep track of, if the officials will get into the media. Or the media will stop force feeding us trivial, high school, brain dead information.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Random thought 1:

Grrrr. It's really hard to think (Brain lock) after putting in 2 VERY long days at work. 15.5 and 16 hours worth. The job isn't physically demanding but the biggest problem seems to be boredom at time and mentally wearing. That and being made nervous about what turned out to be a porcupine that made enough noise to seem like a bear that was lurking in the area.

Random thought 2: Real time feed here. Typing as I sorta think. The problems of individuals in our society are many and varied. A father upset by the choice of hospital that his son is taken to (One co-worker). Another one worry about his mother coming off of surgury and why he didn't get the call when she got out. A black bear spotted in the area of where I'm posted on Ft. McCoy Wis. Confirmantion of location of said bear the evening before. And I'm posted out in the middle of the area playing like I'm a pissed off Iraqi police officer because I haen't gotten paid. Sitting in a chair in front of the guard shack waiting for a convoy to pass through. Sounds of rather loud leaves and branches beeing moved about 30 feet away in a dense clump of thicket. Mosquitoes are having a field day. Got very nervouse about the noise as it approached. Held rubber AK47 in hand ready to use it as a club. (Bleep!) It's a bleeping porcupine!! Singing off now, not fully coherent.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have always ponder why to some people the dorrs to success open so easily and for others sont.....

I wonder what would had happen to our development as a race if capitalism wasnt the way of the world....

I wonder why I question my faith and believe in God...

I wonder how many civilization from other planets, galaxies, multiverses might look at us and have open betting on not if.... but when we finally going to destroy ourselves..

.........just thinking....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
some of my random thoughts...

why do we pay pro athletes millions of dollars per year, while we grossly underpay our teachers for their hard work in educating our youth.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result each time. The human race has gone to war with each other since the dawn of man thinking that it will somehow change things. Somehow make things better. War has never done that though. War has only destroyed, hurt and killed. The human species as a whole is obviously insane.

As a John Lennon fan I sometimes wonder about the music he would have written had he not been murdered. What would it have sounded like? what would the lyrics be? I also wonder what the world would be like had he survived. What would he have to say about the bush administration? The war in iraq? I miss John Lennon.

Back in 2003 I was more or less a Republican. I supported the war in iraq. I wanted our troops to go over there and capture all those responsible for 9/11. But when we invaded we never really did anything. The biggest thing we did was kill a dictator who really had nothing to do with 9/11. I was so dissapointed to watch this war turn into another Vietnam. I sat there thinking"Come on bush, sh*t or get off the pot". For the first time in my life I was ashamed of my government. I was dissapointed that my president continued to read "my pet goat" to children when he knew the US had been attacked.. I hear all the conspiracy theories about George Bush being behind 9/11. Im starting to believe it. Im deffinatley voting democrat this time around.

I am happy with myself as a human being. No thing could make me happier with my self as a human being. No thing could make me less happy with myself as a human being. Whether Im living in a 15 million dollar mansion or a box under a bridge I know I am doing my best and no thing can ruin that for me. I am happy.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

One last random thought- I edit way too much. Oh well! CHEERS!

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
sometimes i wonder if ppl notice that the grand theft auto series brings out the inner psychopath within us all...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have random thoughts...and thoughts during my sleep that are fascinating yet fleeting.

Why do some species lay eggs while others give birth to babies and then others have that built in pouch for the little ones?

Why does my dog like to drag his ass across the carpet all the time?

Why can some animals lick themselves allover (I mean everyhwere...know what I mean?) and we can't?

Would I ever need to leave the house if I could?

Why is a dancing banana called PB&J Time?

Does pbjtime in fact stand for "Peanut Butter and Jelly Time?"

Is their some Kool-Aid I can buy and give to my family so they stop aggravating me?

Is it true that if a guy has big feet, he also has a big package?

Big hands?

What's for pudding?

Who are the medical wizards that came up with "Restless Leg Syndrome?" and how much money is there in creating new diseases?

What's the deal with Fibromyalgia?

Why is drinking legal and marijuana illegal? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Why have so many crazy people settled in Sedona?

What's the deal with all the Bible thumpers? What's their deal? Are they missing a chromosome?

What is a chromosome? Is it shiny?

Do bowler's really have big balls?

Do carpet installers really do it on the floor?

Do coal miners really like to do it with the light on?

Who came up with the name "Sex on the beach" for a drink? (I haven't drank in almost seven years, but I remember trying one of those and it didn't taste like sex at all and there was no sand in it!)

Edit to add: Is the Tin Man safe from aliens due to his tin-ness?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

LOL to pretty much everything you just mentioned.. .hehe

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How is it that shows like Jerry Springer and Maury have gone this long with out getting cancelled? There terrible!

I wonder if im on any government watch lists.

I saw my first ufo at the age of 7. I was playing alone in my backyard right before sun down. It hovered over me. I dont know if I was abducted but I hope I was.

The one thing I want most is truth. I hope I dont go insane trying to find it. If I do then ill never know the truth. Or will I?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I see a one-inch silverfish crawling to the left side of my bedroom wall as I enter this post entry. I am deciding whether or not to squish the life force out of this sucker! Now it made its way to the top of the ceiling. It crawls like a worm with its two antennas moving about in random fashion. I wonder if I should let it live so that it could crawl into my ear hole while I sleep at night.

:shk:

[edit on 2008-5-24 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I wonder if I should let it live so that it could crawl into my ear hole while I sleep at night.

This made me think of the episode of family guy where all the kids have ear sex because a motivational speaker scared them into being abstinent.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I wonder if I should let it live so that it could crawl into my ear hole while I sleep at night.

This made me think of the episode of family guy where all the kids have ear sex because a motivational speaker scared them into being abstinent.

Oh okay. I normally don't see the connection being made this way. But I see your 'point'. Bada-Bing!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
tonight i wonder.....

why people like to bring drama to their lives.......how people manage to live a life of inside the box thinking....

why some people are so inconsiderate......why people drive so fast is they already late...

....just thinking...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Oh okay. I normally don't see the connection being made this way. But I see your 'point'. Bada-Bing!

Yeah. I have a very abstract mind. I always make connections between things that most people miss or dont see. For example, the other day Im driving down the road with my girlfriend and I see this big old bird on a telephone pole. I instantly started thinking about the scene where there is supposedly a guy hanging in the background and how its actually just a bird. So seemingly out of know where I start talking about the wizard of oz. My girlfriend asks "What in the world made you bring up the wizard of oz?" I responded " a bird on a telephone pole reminded me of it. So she looks at me like im nuts and says "you've got one bizarre mind"

Holy crap im rambling.

Heres a random thought just to keep this post on topic:

In my area gas prices have gone up nearly $1.00 in just a few months. Ive seen it as high as $3.89 per gallon and as low as $3.78 per gallon today. Isnt it ridiculous? I keep thinking that people are going to get fed up and that there will be significantly fewer cars on the road. For some reason theres just as many cars out as there ever was. I keep thinking that if it goes up much more no one will be able to afford to drive. UGH. Its driving me nuts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join