It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The World Going To End In 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've heard that the world is supposed to end in the year 2012.. What are your thoughts on this and is there any evidence? such as meteors moving towards the earths atmosphere etc..?

Thank You.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
uhh... you're not exactly the first person to post this. take a look at the other several thousand threads about 2012...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Break out the party hats and the booze.
Im sure they will be some good fireworks come that time.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Actually, you aren't presenting anything that has to do with UFO's or Alien's.

You might want to use the search feature or look in a different forum.

Can we end this thread?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Most likely nothing will happen. Even the Mayans didn't recognize what we have dated 2012 to be the end, only the end of a certain cycle and the beginning of the next. Sort of new year, or rather, new century.

Besides, if they really were so worried, wouldn't they try to predict other things, like the world wars or something like that, to prove that their prediction is serious and that we should be concerned?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karras
Besides, if they really were so worried, wouldn't they try to predict other things, like the world wars or something like that, to prove that their prediction is serious and that we should be concerned?

Never thought of it this way before, good point.

Welcome to ATS... I suggest you browse the forums for a little while before you start posting so you have an idea of where to post what topics, and you have an understanding of the current "hot" issues brewing up on ATS. For example, you'd probably have seen and watch the hour and 22 minute long video posted offering one potential explanation to exactly the question you posed.

-Hollow

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollow-X

Originally posted by Karras

Never thought of it this way before, good point.

No they wouldn't have used their calendar to predict those things. Because their calendar wasn't an oracle system. It was a calendar based on astronomical observations that predicted astronomical events. Hence the great cycle ending on 2012 has many people thinking a great astronomical event follows it...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
nothing is going to happen as i read in another thread the suns poles are switching places or something

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by welsh alien

Isn't that something

Also, the Suns poles switch all the time. And yes a solar maximum is due in 2012 I believe.

The Mayan Long Count calendar ends a great cycle on 2012. A galactic alignment occurs during this time as well, so some surmise that is what they based the cycle on..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, no one can say for sure but I really think that there is going to be lots of world wide disasters from planet Nibiru entering into our solar system and disrupting our planet in many different ways (geologically and atmospherically to name a few).

Now the reason I believe this is because by not even trying to look for these connections I have ran across them.

1. Large amounts of Abductees reporting that the Aliens are projecting pictures in their head of lots and lots of different types of world wide natural disasters occurring simultaneously. The Bible predicts this occurring also.

2. Sumiran tablets have recorded this "planet X" or "Nibiru" which has a very elliptical orbit of like 3400 years.

3. Scientific data offered by NASA indicates there is something massive moving into our solar system and is already having an effect on Earth and the rest of the planets.

4. Something very massive moving into our solar system would have the effect that of what these predictions are saying would happen.

So, I come to the conclusion that there is a good possibility that something very massive is moving into our solar system and its going to get to its closest point to us and have its full effect on our planet on 2012.

-Alien

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In any case, the calendar continues into the future. There "will be" a significant event on 2012, but it isn't the end of the world.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The 2012 prophecy in my opinion ranges along with the Y2K thing it will be big hype in the years before it and then on the day it is all supposed to come to and end nothing will happen.

The world will keep right on going, no planet Nibiru no Nephilim to come take over the earth and no natural disasters, the research that I've done claims that 2012 will be the end of a cycle and the earth will pass into the new age of Aquarius which will be a time of great peace on earth. Thats about all i know on it might want to ask someone who is more familiar and more knowledgable in the subject.

Its just my opinion that nothing will happen and even if it does there's not a whole lot we can do about it but just accept it and let it happen unless an extraterrestrial race decides to come expose themselves before the disasters occurr and offer to take us to their planet and let us live amongst them peacefully.

But everybody on this planet knows that humans are savage and a threat to themselves being as though they fight each other all the time, and unless they alter our consciousness and show us that war, greed, envy, etc. etc. are pointless then we are doomed to face the reality of a huge event like that with our tails between our legs and nothing to do about it as far as stopping it because we can't learn to live together which is the true meaning of life is love, peace, and all the goodness that a person is capable of.

While fighting these wars we are actually eliminating our own race we are all human and even though we get into scuffles we are still fighting and killing our own race, whether we are black, white, asian, indian, muslim, spanish, doesn't matter we are all the same no one realizes that though because they are driven on greed and pride. We should actually be putting the differences aside and working together peacefully to advance our race so that we can become conscious of who we are, where we came from and where we are going, we have some bright minds on this planet that could do some good if we worked together to even more advance our technology and explore the wonders of the universe its a big beautiful place and we are a pack of dogs fighting over one piece of meat.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In 2012 we are going to be aligned with the center of our galaxy.
when this happens no one knows exactly what will happen. but there are many theories.
Here are some snippets and links.

Our galaxy has a centre which all the stars take millions of years to revolve around, and it is located in the starriest part of the Milky Way, as seen from Earth. On four occasions within the 25,800-year cycle our galactic centre aligns with the sunrise of a solstice or equinox. The last time it occurred was on a fall equinox 6,450 years ago, approximately the dawn of Old World civilisations. On Dec 21, 2012, which is a winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere) this centre will align with our sun once more. Jenkins presents a mass of astrological, monumental and mythological evidence to show the importance of this event for the Maya, and how their calendar runs out on this day for a reason. Unfortunately he is not sure what that reason is…His book mentions:

a door into the heart of space and time will open[1]

the cosmos will be reborn or recreated[2]

we will reach the Zero Point of the process - a moment of collective spiritual birth[3]

“…our basic orientations will be inverted. On the level of human civilization, our basic assumptions and foundation values will be exposed, and we will have the opportunity to embrace values long since driven under the surface of our collective consciousness”[4]

“On a literal level of interpretation, one supported by many popular writers, the field-effect reversal that mystics and futurists intuitively feel occurring on this planet bodes an impending pole shift, a literal shift in the position of the Earth's North Celestial Pole, an event that would have disastrous effects around the globe… I suppose there is not much we can do about it... I prefer to emphasize what might be termed a pole shift in our collective psyche. This places the possibility of successful, positive transformation squarely in our own hands.”[5]

taken from www.survive2012.com...

and more

The Galactic Alignment of December 21, 2012

The Perfect Storm

Our solar system is part of a huge disc shaped collection of stars and planets called the Milky Way. We're located somewhere on the edge of the disc, slightly on top of the narrow disc. But very soon we'll be moving to the bottom of the disc. This change, from top to bottom, begins on December 21, 2012.

Yes, that's right. On the same day when our Sun is at it's solar maximum, something will happen that's never happened before -- the ecliptic of our solar system will intersect with the Galactic plane, called the "Galactic Equator" of the Milky Way! [see star chart].

If you imagine our solar system as a bunch of peas on a plate, with a huge meatball in the center, imagine the Milky Way as a city-size pizza with the "Guiness World Book Record Meatball" in its center!

Prior to December 2012 we have been drifting on the top of the pizza, never really able to see the bottom. The plate and pizza are not parallel. They are moving at different angles. We've been drifting down, down, down... and on December 21st, 2012, we will be exactly level with the crust -- forming an "x" at the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest. After 2012, if we are still here, we will be passing through the bottom zone, viewing the Milky Way pizza from the South.

taken from www.viewzone.com...

I would suggest checking that site out as they have some interesting pictures and diagrams to accompany the data.

My view is.. don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do to avoid 2012 it is coming. like it or not. what it brings with the alignments.. we can not know until it happens. Just enjoy life everyday til we get there.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
2012... why not 20 minutes past eight?

Seriously though, I've talked this over with my girlfriend,
well... she a friend and sometimes... I digress.
We think that on New Year's day here in Little Boulder, the
lights on Main street will go off and all the generators on
the trailer park will be just dead, you know... vamoose.

Pick-ups will stall and Neptune's neon signs will just splutter
and fail too. Me, well I'll stay in my trailer with a few brewsky's
(sippy, sippy) as someone once said and kick back.

Then things will just become grey... greyer and greyer until
the whole world's grey and silent.
No passing aeroplanes, no birds picking tid-bits from the dumpsters
twittering and no buzzing of trucks passing by out on the freeway.
Just grey.

Further down the park is the closed trailer of the Dovers, they
died recently and as I'm sitting here typing, their trailer seems
to be giving off a grey fog...? maybe it's started already.
I'll go and have a closer look.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by IronMan]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What in the hell makes 2012 so special? what about every other nano-second.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
its a pointless prediction that serves no purpose, your world could end tomorrow as could mine ( lets hope not though eh ). its funny how we can hold so much faith in things written many years ago based on guess work when most of us dont believe whats right in front of our eyes half the time.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The only thing that is going to end in 2012 are the fairytales that the world is going to end in 2012.

When world decides to end, none of us will know and whatever is out there, whatever force, it will be laughing its a** off with a big "Gotcha!" written all over our burning skies.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshwah
I've heard that the world is supposed to end in the year 2012.. What are your thoughts on this and is there any evidence? such as meteors moving towards the earths atmosphere etc..?

Thank You.

I'm predicting the first day of 2013, right when we all feel safe--BOOM! Dead. God has a sense of humor.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In
"Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young",´
by Mary Schmich,

there is a beautiful line. I keep forgetting about it myself, by everytime I remember it I get a bit apeaced
It goes something like this:

"Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum."

Much truth in that, makes me wonder if our leaders have forgotten about this. Just like violence begets violence, worry begets worry, especially amongst "enemies".

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
For those who believe the world is going to end in 2012, can I have your stuff?

You won't need it since the world is ending...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join