It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Short Story Competition: RESULTS!.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is the second post that John Bull put up that I couldn't read. Why?

When someone adds a story I top the story post and then I bump this one so it remains at the top.Bumping looks like I've posted but I haven't.

You don't need "Writer" status to post a short story.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
WOOOHOO!!! I'm in this! Now I just have to think of something good to write about...what are the rules exactly for like the maximum size and stuff?

J.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
this is a really good competition, excellent stories, and I have my favorites, not sure if I am inspired to contribute to it, but there is still a some time left, so maybe i will

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milton
WOOOHOO!!! I'm in this! Now I just have to think of something good to write about...what are the rules exactly for like the maximum size and stuff?

There aren't any strict rules saying that X must be the number of words in the story. But it has to be a short story, I would say not more than 3 pages, with Terrorism or other yellow forums as its subject.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Only about another two weeks to get those entries in.

Some good entries so far.

Lot's of points at stake.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Right! Only one week to go!

This is normally the busiest week of the competition.So get those entries in.

Lots of points at stake!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Just a few days to go.

This is pretty much your last chance to enter.

Get 'em in and goodluck.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just to let everyone know that the results might be up tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

I still have a few stories to read so please bear with me.

JB1

PS,Obviously no more entries will be accepted.
Goodluck!

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can't take the pressure...

Oy....

hehe.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
well...I didn't enter the contest because I have no idea what it was about. I'm new
joined 2 days ago sucka. What's this short story competition deal?

And collaborative fiction...what's that about?

How do you become a writer? What's with it? I'm confused! Kind of. Haha! But yeah...I'm a writer, I suck severly, but I try

Oh and GARON-

I LOVE THE PICTURE! t's good to know that somebody out there knows about good old Sherman Austin. Raise the Fist buddy. How'd you hear about him?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If you don't post teh results soon, I'm goign to take up smoking or something, JB. So...nervous...

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would explain the whole writer/short story/collaborative fiction thing but i suck at explaining things (pretty fuinny....seeing how im a writer. dag!)

sherman austin......such a sad sad story, i wrote an editorial about it on ATSNN, the news network here at ATS. its in the Opinion/Editorial section. check it out my friend

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
*cough* check out my poems.
*cough* Random Ramblings

So, now that the plug is out of the way..to become a write juss ask good ol' John Bull 1 over here..he'll hook you up. the CF forum is just stories that people make up and share...traditionally, a collaborative story is a story that is written by all different members. Like this: One member will start the story, writing a couple paragraphs, and whatnot, and then another member will post and continue the story with their ideas! When it works, it is just simply bliss!

Thats basically the CF forum in a nut-shell. Most of the contests are for ATS points...

-wD

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh and GARON-

I LOVE THE PICTURE! t's good to know that somebody out there knows about good old Sherman Austin. Raise the Fist buddy. How'd you hear about him?

Scat posted about it a few weeks ago. I never heard about it until I saw his post. Very sad story indeed. Welcome to the board!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm really sorry about this I've been hungover all day and I've had to do some work on my debate.

Please be patient.I have about 4 stories to read and grade and then I can post the results which will be calculated with only two judges scores and doubled to give a score out of 100.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It always amazes me about the quality we get here.It really does make it difficult for judging.Only one entry scored less than 70%.

Anyway the winner is DeusEx (Prices) 92%

Congrats DE that's 5,000 ATS points for you well done

Runner up was a draw between Wordwatcher, Lights, Camera, Action!!, and DeusEx again with untitled on 86%.So the remaining 5,000 points will be shared.

I have all the scores here so if you want to know how your story scored then please U2U me.Excluding those three stories 5 scored 80% or above.A further 5 scored 70% or above.

Banshee was the other judge.Thanks for your help B.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
0.0 ....

Well, thanks JB and judges. This was, to say the least, unexpected. It was a pleasure to compete, and everyone who submitted did excellent.

DE

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Very many congratulations to all competitors: a very high standard of story telling!!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wonderful stories, everyone. I think this was the best short-story competition we've had to date ... ATS has some very, very talented writers!!

-B.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
congratulations DE
and thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join