It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Please Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hello all. My name is Omar Simon. I am currently attending TCI College in NYC. I am in the digital media field. I am taking Print Design and my term project is to build a magazine. I have several concepts: wrestling, hip-hop, and sci-fi/horror. I am leaning more towards the UFO/Sci-fi genre. I however, would like feedback from you guys as to see what kind of magazine I can turn out. I am not asking for names, I will name it in the end. I, however, am asking for feedback from the people who are interested and who are willing to say what they'd like to see in the magazine. So if you have any feedback, please feel free to comment. I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out. Thanks a lot.

For names, I am thinking in terms of, "UFO Sightings", "Sights", "UFO Mysteries."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hi Omar its very intresting what your saying because my dad and i are in the procces of building a magazine but not for school or anything its our project....well something you should put is something that is going to educate the reader add a nice looking picture because the eyes get attracted to something that we dont see in are normal days....hope this helps

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would like to see sketches based on eye witness testimony and where they were sighted on a map. Descriptions of their movement, basically a lot of eye witness testimony.

I would like to see the major events in ufo history within it such as, the sts 80 and sts 75 incident. The mexican military ufo sighting.

I would like to see a new interview with Alex collier, Neil Armstrong, john lear, Stanton Friedman, michael schratt, possibly the NIDS (National Institute for Discovery Science) Team. Ask NIDS why they haven't released all of their photographs and findings of the skinwalker ranch.

Put my story in it. Talk to other observers.

Don't name it any of those names, they are terrible. Name it something like "The Daily Sighting" or "The Hidden Reality" or "What The Government Doesn't Want You to Know" or "Visits" or "Self Disclosure"

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi there Detoxified,

Good luck on your team project! There's a difference between doing a UFO magazine and doing a Sci-Fi Horror magazine to me. Are you planning to do both combined?

My point is, I hate to see you lump in Unidentified Flying Objects into a "fiction"-"horror" genre...unless your magazine is going to be strictly using "alien spacecraft" in kind of a round-about fictional kind of way, along with articles about Sci-Fi video games, movies etc.

So my opinion is, if you're going to do a magazine strictly about the many famous UFO sightings throughout history, showing pictures, showing current UFO sightings such as the Stephenville, TX sighting and all the ones occurring in the UK right now etc, I would stick to a less sensational and lurid feel to your project.

If not carry on...but I think those of us who hate seeing UFO's presented in the "Sci-Fi/Horror" genre will cringe if you choose to do it that way, since we constantly have to fight so hard to get people to NOT see UFO's in this light

My 2 cents and let us know what you choose, hope you get an A on it too!

[edit on 13-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yes, ask Neil Armstrong, Who was the REAL first person on the moon? That would be nice the see.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thank you very much guys for the feedback. I just wasn't sure about how to approach it. I am an avid UFO believer but not follower. Well, how would I classify something like the 28 Days Later concept? I'm sure there are people on here who believe that it's feasible to create a rage virus and infect and create blood thirsty creatures. But as of right now, I'm trying to get an overall idea on how to start the magazine. As for the design of the cover, I will create that later and will upload the covers for you guys to see. Thanks a lot for the praises.

join