It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Has a Great Sense of Humor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just look around. Inlcuding myself, there are some crazy characters on here debating some crazy stuff. Humans with human issues.

Religion = a human creation. A human thing, NOT a God thing.

Everyone forgets that on the EIGHTH day, God laughed!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Exboy.... God does not make jokes like us because the happiness he wants to give us doesn't know words..

people make jokes but the laughter only last like 5 seconds then you return to thought.... it doesn't fill you up, human jokes that is, but a real joy the words do not know God wants to give us..

This is the mistake many humans make, that they do not see God with a sense of humor and those type of people place their happiness in people and stuff that will make them happy instead of Gods presence..

Think about kids... when they are (still innocent) they do not make jokes, but they have a joy that is real but it doesn't involve the wit that people, old people use when they lose their innocence...

that's why God loves the childlike because of their sincerity and joy that isn't joke related...

if any of you Christians get called broing, you say this to those that call you that...

Am I supposed to make you happy? Or am I here to please you?

people find their happines in people, and others find it in gods presence...

btw exboy, one of the gifts of God is joy... it's a gift of the holy ghost.... so yes he wants us happy, but it is not always the way our worldy mind sees happiness.....

God bless you.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by JesusisTruth]

[edit on 13-5-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Excitable_Boy

I like that A lot. Thank you for posting.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Do you have children?
Cause I have and they love jokes!
The foundation on which you built your case doesn't stand...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Yes... I think we forget this many times. God has a great sence of humor.... look at some of the animals he made .... but in a rather loving way he made all of us Funky in our own little way and I bet he sits up there and chuckles with delight when we talk to him and discover the wonders of his creation.

Great thread Excitable

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks Funky Monk......you are a gentleman and a scholar.

God: A Jew, a Christian and a Muslim walk into a bar....

That God, he's got an infinite amount or them!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Depending on how you read things, Jesus even has a sense of humor such as the time the apostles were fishing and Jesus calls out them asking them if they have caught anything.

They reply back that they had not, and Jesus yells out to them to toss their nets over to the other side. In doing so, the net was so heavy with fish that they could hardly haul it in.

No fish...then Shamu! lol

Laughter is one of the Golden aspects of innocence in a child. Its almost intoxicating. Heres a good example.

We are wrought from the mountain of the greatest aspect of each of the many aspects of being human...

Surely the Lord does indeed laugh. Consider the duck bill platypus. Like Robin Williams said...hmm, lets make a mammal that lays eggs, has a duckbill and nurses. Kind of throws a wrench into the whole evolution thing.

skywalker.cochise.edu...

Peace

[edit on 27-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

join