It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound Waves Beamed Directly To The Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its being sold under the idea that this technology could be used to create sound zones, so that only people within given spaces can hear music, announcements or broadcasts.

Audio Spotlight technology sends out hypersonic sound waves that cannot be heard.

Instead, the sound waves slow down when they hit your head and re-formulate to make the original sound 'audible'.

It could lead to passengers in a car each listening to their own music - or at home people in the same room watching television, listening to music and playing video games with their own personal sound.

Its sounds impressive, but could this be used for more sinister purposes?

In the future Dr Pompei said this kind of sound system will eventually be available for consumers.

Shown is this image its already being used at a new york library.

Source.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Denied]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would actually be VERY happy if this turned out to be a legit soon-to-be product. My imagination isn't going too far for me at the moment, could someone stir up a senario for me how somehting like this could be used as evil? I think i can't do it right now cause i don't fully understand it though. I'm not trying to be smart or anything.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Kind of old news.

Here's a paranoia-filled thread from last December...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here's an evil application, in case you're wondering how people could abuse this technology:

Imagine ad campaigns for alcohol or liquor in public places. Imagine the messages beamed directly to minors.

Imagine blue jeans that cost $450 dollars a pair (yes, they exist), and now imagine in a mall near you 13 year-old girls being told subliminally over the music in their iPods that they're not popular unless they get these jeans. Pretty mundane stuff, unless you realize that the majority of the girls hearing this message eat macaroni and cheese regularly for dinner and don't own more than the iPod they're wearing.

Imagine host of consumer evils that will be wrought upon people who would ordinarily ALREADY be drawn to buy things they shouldn't be buying on credit. With this technology, they'll feel as though God were speaking directly to them to charge everything in sight...driving up the country's debt in ways heretofore unseen.

To me, that's evil and it's probably something ad execs are already salivating over to implement.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is nothing new.... government agencies have been using ELF and VLF radio frequencies as a means of control over people for decades! When these frequencies are directed towards the brain it causes the sensation that someone is talking to them in their head (the voice of god if you will) often driving them insane and causing them to commit suicide. This has been a method used by the CIA, NSA, MI6 ETC to kill people who oppose them, and easy and efficient way to assasinate somebody and make it appear to be suicide. Please Google, project blue beam... for those that are unaware I suggest you keep an open mind.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Resentedhalo08]

new topics

top topics

join