It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duggar Family Pregnant with # 18!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is just amazing! I have been watching this family for a while now having what I thought was a large one of my own. (a bit under 1/3 of the Duggars) Now they are pregnant AGAIN!!! Number 18 on the way.

Their oldest child, Josh, is 20 and the youngest, Jennifer, is nine months old. Duggar has been been pregnant for more than 11 years of her life, and she and her husband, Jim Bob, say they'll keep having children as long as God wills it.

source

Here is the link to the Duggar Families website

[edit on 13/5/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Pregnant 11 years of her life?
That sounds horrific to me. I don't necessarily think these parent's extreme procreation is anything to be particularly excited about. How can any couple truly parent 18 kids?

This seems downright gimmicky to me. Do they have a television show or something?
I would check out the website but I'm afraid I might become pregnant just from looking at them.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been watching them for a while as well. I think when I started they had 14 or something. It's amazing to me how they are all so well-behaved.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
And they say white women can't breed. Ha!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
These guys have had a couple of shows on discovery. They are fascinating to see how they opperate.
I dont think they did it for publicity but I am sure they are making a fair living from it now.
Check them out. Especially the house they built themselves. It is really cool. I don't think I like the idea of the older ones 'bringing up' the younger ones though but what choice do they have?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this family is turning into a freakshow. What in the hell are they trying to prove?

You know, they come off as really nice I must admit, but there's something underlying that I just can't put my finger on.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Holy, its like she's got a clown car between her legs

Well, at least they won't have to worry about not having anyone to take care of them when they are old.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's ridiculous. If they want so many kids, why don't they just adopt? There are so many kids out there who desperately need parents, and idiots like these make the problem worse by refusing to do anything about it.

Why anyone would want to have their own kid when there are so many kids out there who need folks is beyond me. Selfish "ooh they must have my DNA!" thinking, no doubt. Pathetic.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I say have as many as you want, but ONLY as many as YOU can support. So there is the problem... maybe not with this family... but most of the larger ones... always aided by handouts. And doesn't make school tax look to fair to some of you with just 2 or 3 kids, now does it? Try having none and see how much you like paying those every year. BS.

There really should be a limit though. This is just ridiculous... and let me guess... 'can't use contraception because of religion'
G-D religious whackos.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is completely rediculous. There is no need to re-populate the earth. There is no need to dilute the gene pool with so many offspring from the same parents. They need to put these people on the moon and away from society.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Please tell me this is not actually them

WOW @ 18 ... and I am still not convinced I should go ahead and have my first.

Part of me admires this lady and another just feels sorry for her.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know, don't we have an overpopulation problem in the world? I personally think that it is socially irresponsible having more than three...maybe four.

Not to mention, I bet having relations with her is like throwing a pencil down a mineshaft.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
It's ridiculous. If they want so many kids, why don't they just adopt? There are so many kids out there who desperately need parents, and idiots like these make the problem worse by refusing to do anything about it.

Why anyone would want to have their own kid when there are so many kids out there who need folks is beyond me. Selfish "ooh they must have my DNA!" thinking, no doubt. Pathetic.

yeh i have to agree with you there....

....damn, pregnant for 11 years??????????? i had a son 8 years ago, and the pregnancy and traumatic labour is something im happily not doing again let alone 18 times??

....im only having one child, but if i did ever consider another, i would adopt without a doubt...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A while ago I proposed on BTS a licence to procreate just as you need a license to drive, some liked the idea, some called me a fascist.

But the real question here is freedom, lets just say the family can actually support all those children, but what about society as a whole, what could happen to an already over populated planet if this becomes fashionable?.

A long debate I suppose.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

As much as i think its wrong and un-natural, i completely agree.... 'applying' to have a child is something ive had a conversation about with someone... and it was very though provoking..
In fact this very afternoon i was talking to someone about how over populated the planet is, 18 children? its just too much, i have chosen to only have one child... under no circumstances would i have another, this world is in a dire state... more population is not the answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The thing is camilo, how can you stop people from having children without a permit? You can't. If a person gets pregnant what are you going to do? Jail them for doing something that comes natural? Make them have an abortion? Force them to give the baby up for adoption?

As good of an idea as it seems, in my opinion there is no humane way to enforce such a law. Look at China. They have that kind of law in place and I remember at least one very inhumane story posted in the news not too long ago about how they went about enforcing that law.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh my. 18! I dont how they handle it, but they must have alot of patience. I have a 2 year old boy and he's a handful as it is!

new topics

top topics

join