It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God classified as?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
why bother with truth huh...

Well lets see I will probably spend about $800 on a class that will tell me something I already know. Well already used more logic than I would learn from this class.

I prefer the truth not fairy tales which include unicorns, a flying elephant known as Dumbo, and even God.

If you choose to believe in a fairy tales then you are probably about 8 years old. Proving that you have no logic.

Dude I just sniped you. You might want a bandage for that hole through your forehead. Well never mind. There isn't anything up there, so you won't lose anything.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by whitesatan]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whitesatan

why bother with truth huh...

Well lets see I will probably spend about $800 on a class that will tell me something I already know. Well already used more logic than I would learn from this class.

But you don't know. You are woefully ignorant. After all it was you said...

Then why are there 50 ways to prove God to be fake and not one way that proves him to be real.

Now most high school graduates know that is impossible to prove the non existence of something. Yet you fallacious claim to have done just that. You are a buffoon and a troll.

Simply stated, a person would have to be omniscient and omnipresent to be able to say "there is no God" from his own pool of knowledge. Only someone capable of being in all places at the same time -- with a perfect knowledge of all that is in the universe -- can make such a statement based on the facts. In other words, a person would have to be God to say there is no God. Hence, the assertion is logically indefensible.

www.iclnet.org...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
God is unique and has no others like Him. So, He does not fit into a classification. God is god because the universe exists from His will to constantly make it be. God has no name as we would have one. God is only a description of His attributes.
What we think of as a place where He exists, is basically an emanation of His existence in the material world. By being in our universe, there automatically comes into being , a foundation for Him to stand on and He is surrounded by a transparent , but material covering , like a green, glowing, glass globe.
God is visible, if you were ever allowed to be in His presence. He does not look like an ordinary person, but He seems to be made from a denser, more solid type of substance that is sometimes opaque and sometimes appears to be translucent. He would have a coloring of someone who had been in the sun all the time, a brownish flesh color with a reddish glow.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Gods given name is Jehovah, he has titles, but this is his name

(pays to study the bible with Jehovah's witnesses)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Jehovah is an anti-name. It was given to Moses to frustrate Pharaoh. God wanted Pharaoh to have no satisfaction. Pharaoh wanted to know God’s name in order to gain His power. What God said to Moses could be understood to mean, “I am whoever that I decide that I am.”
If you want to make that into a name, in my personal opinion, and I do not want this to be a personal attack, then you are participating in idolatry. If God wanted a name to be worshiped, He would have given us one. He did not, because He wanted to be worshiped.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I do know. That is the point. You have no clue.

If you had any logic what so ever then you would already none this below.

Asking the question "does God exist?" would be pointless. My answer would be "No, He doesn't," regardless of whether God truly exists or not. The question would be impossible to answer from an evidentiary standpoint simply because anything which God might have done (that is, any supernatural act which might serve as evidence for His existence) would have to be explained away in terms of natural causes, not because we know what those natural causes could possibly be, but simply because a supernatural God is not allowed to exist!

Once again any real intelligent person can put two and two together I find out the real truth. I have done so.

Dr. Richard Lewontin, the Alexander Agassiz Professor of Zoology at Harvard University, put it like this: "It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door" (Richard Lewontin, "Billions and Billions of Demons," New York Review of Books, January 9, 1997, p. 28).

I loved this line just had to quote it twice.
"to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated."
that produce material explanations. I believe I have done so here.
This guy must be pretty damn smart if he is teaching at Harvard. Very intelligent man proving something that could be real to be fake.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"God is only a description of His attributes. "

So God is a thing now not a person. Kind of interesting how he or it keeps changing.

"God is visible"

If so then why doesn't he show himself to everyone. He would go on the world wide news and say he was God. Then he would be sent to a psychiatry ward because he is crazy.

But he wouldn't do that would he. He would magically appear in front of people to show that he is actually God. If so where is he. He should have shown himself to me by now. I have been alive for over 18 years. Surely it doesn't take that long. Maybe a day since he is God.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitesatanIf God is Yahweh or whatever you are calling him to be now. Then you have proven my point. A person can't be called something different every time you talk about him. If so then the person isn't real or the person changes every time he is talked about.

so if i call you white she-satan, do you turn into a woman or do you stop existing, im confused.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes.
The word God is only the Anglo-Saxon for Good.
That is a description of His Attributes.
God can do whatever He wants.
He can appear as a pillar of fire or a pillar of smoke.
He can be the Shikinah and enter the temple.
The visible manifestation of God is visible to the angels and the Holy Elders who have been raised from the dead and dwell in heaven.
John, the Revelator was only able to see God while traveling to Heaven, in the Spirit.
He gives us a description of what he saw there.
John saw God, on His throne, and now, we know what He looks like.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I f you call me white she-satan I would not turn into a women. You know wh I am not white she satan. I am known by one name. You guys say God is a lot of people. not one person.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If the word God describes God then then how does the word Joe describe Joe.

It can't work like that. If Gods name isn't God then you don't believe in God you believe in someone else.

At this point I think we should just agree to disagree.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Because "God" is a title, goober. I think you already know what I'm talking about, sureley you can't be as stupid as you are making yourself sound to be. He has a name, but a name in ancient times was a description of the person, a quality or event that happened in that person's time.
You are only known as whitesatan? whitesatan is your only name? Is that what you are saying (see I can sound like a complete idiot too).

Guy's I think we should be a little more easy going on whitesatan, I think he is mentaly challenged because he can't put simple concepts and terminology together to come up with even a valid question to ask, much less a coherent comment in response to other's comments.

I seriously am begining to wonder whether you have some mental problems whitesatan, I'm not joiking dude, I truely am being serious, do oyu have some mental problems that prevent you from using logic, if you do I understand and will not poke fun at you for your lack of logic anymore, if you do have these problems, then I feel for ya and take compassion.

God Bless,

-Jimmy

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am not mentally ill. Never have been, not know, or ever will be mentally ill.

Like I said You use God to describe God, so how does that work. If you use Joe to describe Joe it doesn't make any sense so how can God describing God make any sense. It just doesn't You can have many titles but only one identity. You can't seem to grasp that fact. You can be known by many things but you can only have one identity. You guys say God has many identities but it can not be possible to have more than one identity.

Again If God is a description then you don't believe in God you believe in some one else.

You have been lied to my friend. I feel pretty sorry for you.

I am agreeing to disagree because this argument is obviously over. You are to stubborn to look at the facts and grasp them. I think you need to get a cat scan because something is wrong if you can't grasp this point at this point in time.

This argument is getting no where.

Have a wonderful rest of your life. Enjoy being lied to by the church.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Like I have said previously, I don't go to church. God is a title, much like human is a title.
My name is Jimmy, I am human. YHWH is God. YHWH is one of the names of God, a god is an entiety that is beyond human, thus YHWH is a god, but not just any god He is God, the capitalization denotes supremness.
I have many names, Jimmy, Jimbo, James, The Random One, Random, Jim The Random Jim, JAMS, Jimmy Jack Black, Jack Black, Pickaxe (don't ask), Snakeskin, The Mountain Shamen and many more, but I am classified as human, but to be more presice I am classified as homo-sepien-sepien (wise, wise man) do I not exist because I have many names? Some of the names I have are nick names, some of them are names that describe me and my personality and trates. Your arguement just can't hold water anymore friend. If you can't understand what I just laid out, then you are the one in need of a CAT scan.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Dude you must not read my reply because I said you can have all the names you want but only one identity. Many people have said God has many identities. You can't seem to grasp that. You can call God whatever you want. He however can only have one idea.

Seriously dude get a cat scan, something must be wrong if you still can't grasp that.

I feel sorry for you. You may soon realize God is imaginary.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitesatan
Dude you must not read my reply because I said you can have all the names you want but only one identity. Many people have said God has many identities. You can't seem to grasp that. You can call God whatever you want. He however can only have one idea.

Seriously dude get a cat scan, something must be wrong if you still can't grasp that.

I feel sorry for you. You may soon realize God is imaginary.

Dude, seriously, get a spellchecker.

He has a title and many names, the title is His identity, He is God, that is who and what He is, He has many names though, He is not many people though, how many times does someone have to explain the same thing to you? Twice? Four times? Ten times? A million times? seriously, you don't read replies. Who said God has many identities? He has many names, not identities, that's what I tried to explain to you in the previous post.
Meow Meow, oh look whitesatan, it's a cute little kitty CAT scan. I think you may want it, would you like to take the Cat scan?

Sorry, that last bit was strictly just for fun, couldn't help myself.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"He has a title and many names, the title is His identity, He is God, that is who and what He is, He has many names though, He is not many people though, how many times does someone have to explain the same thing to you? Twice? Four times? Ten times? A million times? seriously, you don't read replies. Who said God has many identities? He has many names, not identities, that's what I tried to explain to you in the previous post."

We have established he has many names. We have established this two days ago. Many people I know say God has many identities. How can this be so and he is still one person.

[snip]

I am done.

I agree to disagree.

I would advise you to do the same.

Moderator note:
Civility and Decorum are expected.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by dbates]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Every culture that exists today has a story of some event or situation that required some sort of divine intervention, in order for that people to continue to exist.
They are different situations and a different god could be dreamed up to be the power behind the intervention.
Because people will attribute many acts of heavenly power to many gods does not mean there actually are that many gods.
Also, if many attributions to God do not fit your self-made definition of God, that does not mean there is no God.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitesatan
Core90 you are on pluto and everyone else is on planet earth. That is how far wrong you are. You guys say that God has multiple identities. You can be known by as many names as you want. You however only have one identity. You say God has many identities. How can a person of many identities be one person. It doesn't seem very possible to me. You have one identity.

First of all, I'm NOT a Christian; just someone concerned with the logic(or lack thereof) of your posts.

Now, all of a sudden you're talking about the concept of the trinity(I'm assuming that's what you're talking about with the 'multiple identities'). That is not what you were arguing before. You were arguing "A person can't be called something different every time you talk about him"(which is part of what I quoted, and from your 3rd post), and asking "Well what is his name. He can't have 15 or so." (from your 4th post)

It's a LOONG way from having several names, to the concept of the trinity. If THAT'S your argument, the idea of the trinity, I agree it makes no sense.

Also, Bigwhammy IS correct: you can't prove the non-existence of something such as God.

You can provide all the evidence you want, and make an extrapolation from that; but you can't PROVE it.
To think you have proven a negative; that you have proven BEYOND ALL DOUBT, that there is no God of any kind(remember: That includes the Deist God!), is a major logical fallacy.

It's one thing to say that you think evidence leads to the non-existence of God, but to say you've PROVEN it, well, I think many atheists would love to hear your proof.

For a person who seems to value logic, you're not really paying much attention to it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Hey, sugar, why was that reply to me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join