It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of The World Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i have been watching some of these videos about the end of the world, and some videos about aliens and all this. i dont think its the end of the world, i believe that, aliens are going to show themselves to us in 2012 and this will mean the end of religion, because it proves that we werent the only ones here in this world, meaning the end of life, for religion. if you watch these videos and put comon sense together you might think the same thing i am

youtube.com...

it starts around 2:00 in

in this video he says
"beware were the bearers of false pressance (proving they exist even though weve been told they dont) and broken promises (meaning religion not to have really existed) much pain will distill time, believe that there is still good out there (because hey WILL prove god does not exist, but meaning that just because god does not exist, does not mean you shouldnt treat others in good will) , we oppose desiete (they are against the lies weve been told) and the conduet is closing" (i dont no about the last part)

im so sorry there were more videos ill update when i can find them but i will sum it up,

it said that the catholic church will be put up in jail and the end of the world will come,

the church will be ended not us,

and the people who put there life into the church and bleieving, theyredreams hopes all will end, mass death maybe because of suicide who knows as this man said

listen to this man

he thinks somewhat of what i think

youtube.com...

i too dont believe its the eend of the world, but we defenetly are going to see somthing diffrent

a new age

as , if i only i had the video

a man said on the topic of the end of the world in 2012 the documentary i saw hhe said

"i do not believe its the end of the w2orld, i do believe we are going to enter uncharted water"

this guy could see things and predict things quiet well,

tell me what you guys think, look at alll the videos of the end of the world and add them up with aliens and the message and, as they say waters will come crashing fires will burn, that all may be so, but not in corlation wwith what is going on, global warming could be the cause iof that but it will take place around the same time as the truth tell me what you guys think

im not a good writer but i do truley feel this way about the topic.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I also do not believe the end of the world will come in 2012. I do think though, that IF there are aliens and IF they do present themselves to us it does not mean the end of the church. We do not know what the aliens believe as far as the creation or evloution of the universe. Maybe they too have a sort of "religon" they believe in, maybe it will not be the end but a conversion of beliefs. Also as we know christians are not willing to compromise on thier beliefs I'm sure there will be those who refuse to change no matter what information is presented to them. They will instead turn to religon to help them deal with what is happening. And as far as I know there is nothing in the bible stating that we are the only lifeform in the universe.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
there is still good out there

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If Aliens rpesented themselves it would only further prove that there are higher beings out there, which would put more evidence of a greater being than them.

What it may do, is show the world that the different religions are all focused to the same thing, which may (although) unlikely stop the religious based wars going on around the globe.

After all, most religions all point to a singular entity they call god, or Allah or Buddha... its just there are too many out there now.

2012, is unique because the earth will be alligned centrally with the milky way, which only happens ever 27,000 years or something like that.
Its believed that in 2012 we will see a rather huge climate change.

If aliens show them selves in 2012, so be it, but do you really think it will have an effect on our planet so dramatic that life will change forever?

We will see aliens land, think wow, watch the news, then head off for work to earn our wages, its not likely that over night the economy or lifestyles will change dramatically, we will still need to work.
The only thing will change is that the earth has a chance to better itself as one race, which would be the human race. Now that would be great.

Imagine if all nations actually worked together, Russia, USA, China, UK, Germany.. all that knowledge together, without cause for earning profit and owning Oil.... that would be somethign awesome, and then we could start looking at reaching out further.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Textthere are many suggestions as to what will cause the end of the world, as for the date 2012 i think this is to do with the Mayan calendar but this theory has its flaws as the calendar may have Merrily run out of space to continue, as for what will cause the end its been said 1 there is a planet X that comes close to our planet every 650,000 years or so and knocks us off balance etc, 2 alien invasion, 3 the bible says of Armageddon, 4 Nostradamus predicted this end of world scenario, 5 world war 3 MAD mutually assured destruction, there is already a rumor that many nations in the no are building underground facilities and only the elite IE scientists aristocracy the presidential elite young fertile male and female's of good breeding stock and not forgetting the free Masons will be let in. i myself don't know quite where i stand on the whole subject actually happening I'm hoping it wont end.

[edit on 25/6/2008 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I know there is nothing in the bible stating that we are the only lifeform in the universe.

That isn't where the problem comes in.

The Bible states that man is created in God's own image.

Therefore, the appearance of a being seemingly greater than man, has a different image.

So, then:
1. Were the aliens, not man, created in God's image?
2. Are the aliens created in a different, greater God's image?
3. Are the aliens not of God, but of another (perhaps sinister) power? And if so, how can said power be greater than God?
etc., etc.

There are a TON of religious conundrums that would follow with the appearance of advanced aliens, and not just for Christianity. The Eastern religions would perhaps fare the best here, but Man being knocked off the top of the totem pole would have some serious effects in the belief systems of many...and people are often too willing to die for those beliefs...so if you think that the reality of aliens wouldn't cause some serious religious and societal ripples, then you simply aren't aware how devoted some are to their beliefs....and they won't lay down such beliefs peacefully...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Every single prophesy of the end of the world turned out to be incorrect.
No one can predict the future. NOTHING unusual will happen in 2012.
Aliens are showing themselves all the time. Hundreds if not thousands of people have met them face-to-face.

Chill.

top topics

join