It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican says it OK to believe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Vatican says it OK to believe.

www.foxnews.com

VATICAN CITY — There could be alien life forms and believing they exist isn't contradictory to having faith in God, the top astronomer at the Vatican said in an interview published Tuesday.

In the Vatican newspaper piece, titled "The Extraterrestrial Is My Brother," the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes said the expansiveness of the universe means there could be life on planets other than Earth.

"In my opinion this possibility exists," Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory, told L'Osservatore Romano. "Astronomers believe the universe is made up of 100 billion galaxies, each of which consists of 100 billion stars. ... Life forms could exist in theory even without oxygen or hydrogen."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I personally believe we will be told some of the information that exists within the next couple of years. Is an article like this on of the steps in getting that information out?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
wow hot news....

The vatican has been full of surprises this year...

Surely if there is a god, and if there are aliens, then unless one god created the aliens and one god created us, then everything is okay right?

Okay all we need now is proof of god and proof of aliens.

Simple.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join