It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA purchased National Enquirer to discredit UFO contactees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Whew good... it's just the National Enquirer.
I was sure they owned Pop Science,
Pop Mechanics, Nat Geo, NBC, ABC, FOX and CBS.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sc2099
Even if this is true, it's not like the CIA took over a credible publication and made it worthless. It's always been full of ridiculous stories. My favorite cover story was back from the Clinton Administration: Clinton has three-breasted mistress! LOL

Who would believe anyone in that rag anyway? It's barely fit to line birdcages.

The reality is that a good per cent of the population believe it, or think, at least that its possible. The average I.Q. and below relates to a good proportion of the manipulated population. With the dumbing down that percentage has increased. The tabloid is really a comic book for adults . You have to remember, political change always occurs when this percentage gets unhappy, or gets stirred up. The truth of the matter is that if you group all of humanity as one beast and average the IQ. its not a very bright beast, and can easily be led. Its all very well to be critical of what we have, but at least it isn't mob drive. Coming up with an ideal alternative, isn't easy.

I bet the CIA. have a lot to say with regards to who gets where in the entertainment industry, Elvis included. These roll models can get out of hand, the protests way back were fuelled by certain singers. But they seem to have behaved more and more over the years.
edit on 1-3-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Right...so why the attack on the National Enquirer? To me it makes no sense...in terms of a 9/11 cover-up. Or even jihad for that fact...

BTW, I love that this thread has been revived after no activity for almost 7 yrs. THANKS NETFLIX!
edit on stppmSun, 01 Mar 2015 17:48:45 -0600k1503America/Chicago0148 by Sparkymedic because: shout out to Netflix

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
a reply to: Nyiah

Right...so why the attack on the National Enquirer? To me it makes no sense...in terms of a 9/11 cover-up. Or even jihad for that fact...

BTW, I love that this thread has been revived after no activity for almost 7 yrs. THANKS NETFLIX!

Anyone is capable of being stupid enough to think it's a reputable rag at first glance. Americans who know better won't fall for it, while idiots or the unfamiliar will. Even people abroad are going to see the "National" part and think it's some legit magazine when it clearly isn't. Kind of like how some people still think Weekly World News is legit, the "World News" part is a bit deceptive in that people are often led to believe they're getting real news.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MsSmartypants
Something dauned on me while reading the link in the OP.

www.exopoliticsjournal.com - GALACTIC COINTELPRO – Exposing the Covert Counter-Intelligence Program against Extraterrestrial Contactees...

These two quotes, from the link above:

George Van Tassel [photo on left] claims that in August 1953, he had a physical meeting with human looking extraterrestrials from Venus. He subsequently established regular ‘telepathic’ communications with them where he was given information that he shared with his many supporters and public authorities. Popularity grew rapidly for Van Tassel who had many thousands that read his newsletters and attended his public lectures. Thousands also attended Van Tassel’s annual Giant Rock Flying Saucer conventions in the Mojave Desert that began in 1954, and over a 23 year period became the key annual event for the contactee movement.

Another contactee who received much FBI attention was George Adamski. Adamski first became known in 1947 for his photos of flying saucers and motherships taken with an amateur telescope on Mount Palomar, California, that received wide coverage. He became the most well known of all contactees due to his internationally bestselling books describing his meetings with extraterrestrials. The first book, Flying Saucers Have Landed (1953), was based on his November 20, 1952 Desert Center encounter with ‘Orthon” the Venusian occupant of an extraterrestrial scoutcraft. Orthon proceeded to tell Adamski about the dangers posed by nuclear weapons and the possibility that all life could be destroyed in an uncontrolled nuclear reaction. Four months later, in February 1953, Adamski claimed to have had another encounter. He was picked up by two extraterrestrials at a Los Angeles hotel lobby, and driven to a secret location where he again met Orthon and was taken inside a Venusian mothercraft.[10] Adamski’s UFO sightings and contacts with extraterrestrials were supported by an impressive collection of witnesses, photographs and films that a number of independent investigators concluded were not hoaxes.

So, moving on. Why're these quotes important to me? Because these guys, just two examples among many, are roving around the nation doing talks about their 'contacts', selling books and, overall, making tens of thousands of dollars or more. If I was a government worker concerned with keeping our nation safe and sound, I'd immediately be watching this for the same reason i'd watch cults or otherwise underground groups. People who BELIEVE aliens are contacting Earth for reasons XYZ and something must be done because of XYZ are actually a potential threat to national security. All it takes is one bad idea to start something. With as much sway as a cult or a contactee maniac might have, you'd want a few intelligence agents watching and keeping you in the loop, to potentially stop or foil anything which might become nasty.

So assuming the National Enquirer was actually directly or indirectly funded or supported by the CIA to discredit the contactee movement, I wouldn't be surprised at all. This has nothing to do with actual aliens visiting Earth. This has everything to do with watching movements and leaders in those movements who can potentially cause a lot of turmoil and mischief.

If there's a nut telling people he's Jesus and people are believing it and things are threatening to unravel, you better believe I'll create a newspaper to discredit it. I'd do a lot more too. Doing nothing is asking for trouble.
edit on 1-3-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I'd say that's a pretty good assessment. It doesn't give credence to such cult failures like Jonestown or the Raliens. But then again, just look at what happened in Waco, TX.

The 9/11 connection is still quite odd to me though. The apparent attacker, although now dead from Tylenol OD, seems as though he was quite intelligent, and would know the difference between CNN or the NYT and he National Enquirer. Sorry Nyiah, I don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If true, that's pretty interesting.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The National Enquirer did cover up the Tiger Woods cheating scandal after they had evidence. So I can believe that the enquirer is part of the conspiracy.
edit on 3-5-2016 by GrandCourtJester because: spelling correction

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I actually think it's possible that this is true, but not for the reasons people want to claim.
I am still yet to see any evidence that any UFO is from an Alien source, while there is plenty of evidence to suggest that UFO's are man made, based on technology recovered from the Germans after WW2.

If you had a secret weapon able to secretly fly into foreign skies, and then use focussed energy weaponry to disable or tamper with a foreign powers nuclear arsenal, you would do everything you could to keep that secret, including developing a massive smokescreen of misinformation.

We did the equivalent throughout the second world war, developing extremely complex plans of disinformation and propaganda to give the Germans a completely false narrative. Why would anyone assume we would have done any less during the Cold War when nuclear Armageddon was very much a possibility?

I really think people need to stop looking to some imagined alien race for an explanation and start looking at what we know the Human race is capable of, what evidence there is here on the ground, and what the stakes were at the time.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Didn't the CIA come out a little while ago and suggest that they were indeed the ones responsible for the ufo sightings since the 50s? True or not, I'm sure they have played a part...as has the NE. Again, Gene Pope, founder of the modern NE was a CIA agent at one time with the psychological warfare division. "They" would have every reason to develop such technologies to keep the idiot politicians from launching WWIII.

Great points Rocker2013. And welcome to the almost forgotten thread!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join