It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA purchased National Enquirer to discredit UFO contactees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

CIA purchased National Enquirer to discredit UFO contactees

www.exopoliticsjournal.com

the National Enquirer was created and controlled by known CIA assets whose covert assignment was to ridicule the entire flying saucer phenomena. Gene Pope bought the New York Enquirer in 1952, and relaunched it as The National Enquirer in 1954. Pope was listed in his Who’s Who biography as being a former CIA intelligence officer and being involved in “psychological warfare.”[29] Chief instrument of the covert psychological operations used to debunk contactee claims and flying saucer reports was The National Enquirer with its sensationalistic tabloid style. The National Enquirer along with other media sources covering contactee claims were part of the education program that required the debunking of flying saucer reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I believe the government manipulation of the information we receive and how we receive it is ongoing and pervasive. If we're starting to believe in UFOs now its because they want us to.

www.exopoliticsjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The national enquirer has always been known as a garbage tabloid. No one, except for maybe my grandmother believes in any of the stories there. If I had evidence or a ufo story that would be the last place I would go to tell my story even if they were offering money, I wouldn't take it because I would know that reporting it there, I would lose all scraps of any credibility.

So the CIA has the paper to discredit people? I would think their offers of money or intimidation through threats and fear would be enough.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I doubt "they" want us to believe in UFOs any more now than in the '50's. It's just that the phenomenon has grown bigger than "they" can keep hidden, though the effort to do so remains, as we can see from the whole Stephenville, Teaxas thing.

It's hard to ridicule and deny water when it's raining everywhere.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged!

When one sees the "playbook" by the spook orgs and military on the status-quo handling of ufology, and the routine of ridicule and labeling folks as "nutjobs and whackos", this would fit perfectly into their overall scheme-A giant tabloid to poke fun at the subject through continual outragious stories...It takes the focus off the more serious stories and helps to cast doubt among the masses who "are on the fence".

Good find IMO!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Even if this is true, it's not like the CIA took over a credible publication and made it worthless. It's always been full of ridiculous stories. My favorite cover story was back from the Clinton Administration: Clinton has three-breasted mistress! LOL

Who would believe anyone in that rag anyway? It's barely fit to line birdcages.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
S&F'd. Eventually people will begin to see the deadly ernestness with which the corporate government embraced the concept of 'control' of public opinion. The 'consumerist' movement began it all. Where will it end? Hopefully here or someplace close by and soon.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

We are supposedly in the midst of a government acclimation program to gradually get us desensitized to the moment of disclosure. Is it my imagination, or is Independence Day on some cable channel just about everyday?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I made a thread about this way back when I was a newb. It's not just UFOs, it's a lot of paranormal stuff. Anything that gets printed in the Enquirer and it's like is immediately dismissed in the majority psyche. That's the trick!

The brilliance of the trick is only matched by the inabilty of the masses to comprehend it.

The movie Men In Black basically rubbed it in our faces.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
It's hard to ridicule and deny water when it's raining everywhere.

not if no one has caught any of that 'rain' in a bucket to show its real

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Even if this is true, it's not like the CIA took over a credible publication and made it worthless. It's always been full of ridiculous stories. My favorite cover story was back from the Clinton Administration: Clinton has three-breasted mistress! LOL

Well THAT is precisely the point.... SATURATION with the unbelievable... to the point that no one takes it seriously anymore..

Who would believe anyone in that rag anyway? It's barely fit to line birdcages.

A great many people... going by their sales figures...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I find it humorous to note though, that as an unintended consequence the tabloid has fostered a group of people who fervently believe the stories they read. I had a conversation with a woman once who swore "upon everything holy" that Elvis was actually an alien who was sent down to introduce real music to earth and once his task was done he faked his death and returned to his home planet. All compliments of the CIA.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Awww c'mon the CIA are honest. HONEST!

(sarcasm inserted)

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
he faked his death and returned to his home planet. All compliments of the CIA.

I buy that... he returns to Vegas every now and then to check on things

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Awww c'mon the CIA are honest.

But of course they are honest... there is no question of that... it's just their loyalty lies to a different agenda that may or may not be compatible with the populace

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You know disinformation isn't quite that cut and dried. Sometimes completely true but astounding stories can be printed in the Enquirer just so they will lose their credibility. For all we know that may really have been President Bush shaking hands with an alien. I mean, really, why not?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MsSmartypants

Just watched the biography of Gene Pope called "Enquiring Minds" on Netflix. Interesting guy. Inherited an Italian-American news paper based in NYC, basically was a mogul of NYC during WWII. Excelled in MIT, eventually began working for the CIA's psychological warfare unit. Naturally this made me do a search on ATS, and bam...found this thread.

It does not surprise me one bit now that the CIA has come out claiming they are responsible for the UFO phenomenon from the 1950's onwards. Their hand is once again dipped in the muddy waters of disinformation and discrediting in regards to UFO/ET contacts.

I'm not sure what to believe though. Its not like the National Enquirer started out reporting little green men to the suburbs. It really took off reporting blood and gore. Basically what everyone else refused to report. Who knows why the turn to the "supernatural". Looking for more profit? It wouldn't surprise me. But then again, that would be a great excuse.

Are there actually UFO/ET contacts they want to discredit? Or is the distraction to cover real developments the military has made since WWII?

Perhaps both us true.

The fact that the 2 people who died from the anthrax exposure after 9/11 was from the American Media building in Boca Raton, FL (NE HQ), forcing them to destroy ALL the NE collection of....well everything they ever did...and maybe more, sure seems suspicious to me...considering the angle of CIA steering in the companies past.

The truth is out there...

...or maybe not.
edit on thppmFri, 27 Feb 2015 12:07:17 -0600k1502America/Chicago2707 by Sparkymedic because: wtf

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Is that true? They had to destroy all their records? If so, I wonder what someone was worried about? I guess something that would have contradicted the official narrative to 9/11.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It is true as per the documentary based on Gene Pope's life. He was the founder and CEO of the National Enquirer.

I truly find it odd that ABC, CBS, NBC, New York Post and US Senators Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy (who interstingly are both catholics-from what I know freemasons arent a fan of catholics...JFK was catholic as well....sorry random tangent, but possible link if they were both willing to poke and prod the real causes of 9/11) were targets, as well as the National Enquirer at the American Media building in FL. Why the NE? Why not CNN...or other newspapers? WHY the NE? How in the hell were they that important to attack? To me it makes no sense in the terms of the official story of 9/11. Outside of that, well...let the speculation begin I guess.

Considering the likely false flag that 9/11 was, perhaps there was a connection with these organizations. I guess we'll never know though. Not in our lifetime at least.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If you're going to any of the tabloid rags to try to get your story out, you're already not credible. That's like asking The Onion to make sure you're going to be taken seriously.

It. Ain't. Gonna. Work. CIA or no CIA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join