It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air controllers reported UFO: British papers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Greeting Forumerions,

This appears to be a glimpse of some of the formerly secret reports the MoD is about to release:

LONDON — The men were air traffic controllers. Experienced, calm professionals. Nobody was drinking. But they were so worried about losing their jobs that they demanded their names be kept off the official report.

No one, they knew, would believe their claim an unidentified flying object landed at the airport they were overseeing in the east of England, touched down briefly, then took off again at tremendous speed. Yet that’s what they reported happened at 4 p.m. on April 19, 1984.

The incident is one of hundreds of reported sightings contained in more than 1,000 pages of formerly secret UFO documents being released Wednesday by Britain’s National Archives. It is one of the few that was never explained.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

‘‘The Ministry of Defense doesn’t have any evidence that our defenses were breached by alien craft,’’ Clarke said. ‘‘They never found one, no bits of one. That’s all we can say.’’

IMO the article is a bit misleading to some extent. David Clarke, labled a "UFO expert," asserts that the MOD found "no evidence of alien activity or alien spacecraft." Furthermore, this conclusion was reached because they "never found one, no bits of one."

So we are right back to square one- not enough physical evidence. This certainly is an ongoing problem, yet I find it odd that any rational human would believe an advanced intelligence would leave their saucer parked on Earth and just forget about it. Furthermore, why would there be "bits of one" (alien vehicle). Human spaceships leave "bits behind" (big bits!) as they try and overcome Earth's gravity. There is a specific reason why our terrestrial vehicles leave those "bits" behind (to reduce mass).

I was never one who bought into the theory that "the gov't is hiding all the answers." Clarke doesn't buy it either, and in fact, seems to have totally moved away from a "nuts and bolts" explanation of UFOs. His views seem to parrallel those of Carl Jung regarding the phenomenon. He probably adopted such views in the 80s during his BUFORA days.. Jung believed in a "collective unconscious" every human has access to regardless of religious background.

To my way of thinking, the cultural factors which influence people to 'believe' and to 'see' UFOs
David Clarke Bio

David's stance is not my stance because:

1) Read Mikeboydus's wonderful thread for alternatives to Jung's theories.

2) My thread detailing my aunt's encounter in Peru in the 1960s. No prior exposure to "sci-fi" culture. Instead, much exposure to catholism. Yet she was very shaken up by seeing a strange metallic disc... not Jesus, Mary, or Saint whoever.

new topics

join