It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic movie 'Bullitt' being remade, starring Brad Pitt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'll let you know that a DeNiro movie wasn't the first DVD I ever owned, it was Bullitt!

Another Hollywood remake, and this time they may have gone too far. You know the new car chase scene is going to be totally overblown because that's what dumbed-down people want to see. The original McQueen car chase was years ahead of it's time. I will admit that Pitt's about as close to Steve McQueen as you're gonna get.

I doubt they'll do better with the opening credits either. The original music score was smooth.

Edit: "no" "know" HELLO!!!

Peace

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Oh no Why cant Hollywood just leave the classics alone ?
what's next a remake of The Dirty Dozen ?
Aside from the famous car chase I wonder if the original film also gave rise to the exploding petrol pumps . Message to Hollywood get some original ideas of your own .

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why? Why? Why? Can't Hollywood come up with something original anymore? Mess with a classic, not only that, but inflict Brad Pitt on us? Oh, the agony...

Brad "freekin'" Pitt? Why? Replace Steve McQueen with Brad Pitt? Have they no shame?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey now, whatever for remaking classics
but i think brad pitt is a very good actor,He is very good in oceans 11/12
Fight club and Mr&Mrs Smith
I think he is an excellent and orginal actor adding his own 'flavor' to movies
Fight club wouldnt of been the same if he wasnt in it

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Disgustipated]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ah Brad, his Grandma was related to my ex's Grandma here in the Midwest. They do carry the same genes... I love his look and enjoy his acting.
I will be watching this one when it comes out, loved Steve m. and glad to see the remake. I agree B.P. will be perfectly cast for the part. And I do not care what anyone says about his wife, I have always loved her too.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by antar]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Oh the humanity! Of all the classic films to mess with they had to choose my all-time favorite Steve McQueen film, after "The great escape" which will probably be the next film they try to remake. No matter how good looking Brad Pitt is or how good an actor, any remake will never be as good as the original. So, when do they remake "Casablanca"?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Why? Why? Why? Can't Hollywood come up with something original anymore? Mess with a classic, not only that, but inflict Brad Pitt on us? Oh, the agony...

Brad "freekin'" Pitt? Why? Replace Steve McQueen with Brad Pitt? Have they no shame?

I'm with Seagull on this one - WHY WHY WHY!!? I mean there are some ok remakes and some actually good ones but truthfully, nobody has an original idea/concept anymore. Its getting ridiculous. Its no wonder all the comic book movies are being made. With that being said - I am one to partake in seeing them but still...

Funny thing is, the other day I actually had said "Watch they'll be re-making Bullitt next" And truth be told - I had no idea that it was in the works. Thank God For "Lost"

spikeD.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The more I think about it, the worse it seems.

"the Great Escape" too? Oh my God. Hollywood truley has no shame, none. Some of the best actors of the era were in that flick, no way can they top that cast...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The more I think about it, the worse it seems.

"the Great Escape" too? Oh my God. Hollywood truley has no shame, none.

Hey, don't panic buddy, I said the next film they will "probably" try to remake. I was just comisserating with everyone on how wrong it is to remake "Bullitt". I din't mean to give you a heart attack !

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

That's one of my faveorite movies...

Don't do that!!!! That wasn't very nice.

new topics

join