It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Quiet' U.S. Confession: Weapons were not made in Iran After All!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

'Quiet' U.S. Confession: Weapons were not made in Iran After All!

www.globalresearch.ca

In a sharp reversal of its longstanding accusations against Iran arming militants in Iraq , the US military has made an unprecedented albeit quiet confession: the weapons they had recently found in Iraq were not made in Iran at all.

According to a report by the LA Times correspondent Tina Susman in Baghdad: "A plan to show some alleged Iranian-supplied explosives to journalists last week in Karbala and then destroy them was cancelled after the United States realized none of them was from Iran. A U.S. military spokesman attributed the confusion to a misunderstanding that emerged after an Iraqi Army general in Karbala erroneously reported the items were of Iranian origin. When U.S. explosives experts went to investigate, they discovered they were not Iranian after all."

The US, which until two weeks ago had never provided any proof for its allegations, finally handed over its "evidence" of the Iranian origin of these weapons to the Iraqi government. Last week, an Iraqi delegation to Iran presented the US "evidence" to Iranian officials. According to Al-Abadi, a parliament member from the ruling United Iraqi Alliance who was on the delegation, the Iranian officials totally refuted "training, financing and arming" militant groups in Iraq . Consequently the Iraqi government announced that there is no hard evidence against Iran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
LOL!

So the "Propagandacon" is exposed once again for the pathological liars and kool-aid serving brainwashers they are!

And as usual, their MSM puppets are EQUALLY as quiet as they are about it!

But folks are STILL buying these liars propaganda about Iran and Syria! Unreal!

In another extraordinary event this week, the US spokesman in Iraq, Maj. Gen. Kevin Bergner, for the first time did not blame Iran for the violence in Iraq and in fact did not make any reference to Iran at all in his introductory remarks to the world media on Wednesday when he described the large arsenal of weapons found by Iraqi forces in Karbala.

In contrast, the Pentagon in August 2007 admitted that it had lost track of a third of the weapons distributed to the Iraqi security forces in 2004/2005. The 190,000 assault rifles and pistols roam free in Iraqi streets today.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah odd you dont hear about this AT ALL in the MSM...just goes to show you if you dont watch the news you are uninformed but if you watch the news you are misinformed.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
After reading the article, it seems to me that this one weapons stash didn't have any items from Iran. This does not mean no weapons have been found that came from Iran, just in this one case of found munitions. Need to be careful when making the claim that no weapons from Iran have ever been found. The article doesn't even do that, even though news headlines can be deceiving or misleading compaired to the actual article content, to grab your attention.

MHO

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2open
After reading the article, it seems to me that this one weapons stash didn't have any items from Iran. This does not mean no weapons have been found that came from Iran, just in this one case of found munitions.
MHO

Come on they lied about the WMD I believe they would lie about anything they needed to now (to justify whatever they want).

Theres proof these weapons arent from Iran, until they actually show physical proof doesnt that make them INNOCENT?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eyes2open

True-But here's the key: They have failed to show ANY proof to back up their claims thus far! All we've heard is the same type of empty rhetoric and accusations that we heard in the rush to the Iraq debacle! It's like de ja vu, round 2 all over again! And these guys have been churning this stuff out overtime, yet ZERO proof behind the claims! Even the Iraqi gov has disputed their claims regarding Iran! But it's not dissuading them from continuing the propaganda machine and brainwashing campaign to march us into their next bloodletting profiteering lottery ticket!

[edit on 13-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It really doesn't sound like propoganda to me. While they didn't exactly shout from the rooftops that they made a mistake, they admitted it and dropped the accusation against Iran. Additionally, it seems that the original accusation stemmed more from bad information than any nefarious plot.

That's more or less how it should work, IMO.

I also agree with the other poster who said that this may refer only to the one weapons cache, not previous ones. Its unclear.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

While they didn't exactly shout from the rooftops that they made a mistake, they admitted it and dropped the accusation against Iran.

I'll bet they don't drop it.

Also at what point do these "Mistakes" they continue to make, be held against them?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Personally, I think the Iranian government is helping the shiite majority in Iraq to overthrow the current puppet government installed by the USA. In other words the usa brought this whole fiasco upon themselves by "liberating" it from "evil" sadam.

Why do you think the usa did not "liberate" Iraq during the first gulf war when they attacked kuwait? Bush Sr. knew better and stopped.

Probably syria, pakistan and many other hard line muslim fundamentalists are also contributing. This war on terror will never end because it is not supposed to end!

The greedy, war-profitting neo-cons probably knew about it and took full advantage of the situation to get rich at everyone else's expense.

Makes me sick we have such people in power but I guess it's really no big deal in the end since europeans have been doing this for centuries and they openly brag about it...even today!

Sorry I had to get that kick under the belt because some people are intentionally ignorant!
Blame usa for everything while china, russia and the muslims get ready to go on their own power trip!

Guys its not "the world is imperfect" its "the world is far from perfect". Try being unbiased. It probably won't hurt!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

After reading the article, it seems to me that this one weapons stash didn't have any items from Iran. This does not mean no weapons have been found that came from Iran, just in this one case of found munitions.
MHO

Come on they lied about the WMD I believe they would lie about anything they needed to now (to justify whatever they want).

Theres proof these weapons arent from Iran, until they actually show physical proof doesnt that make them INNOCENT?

I refuse to get into the whole "Government lies" topic. I just wanted to clarify the discussion around the article posted and to what I gathered from reading it.

When jumping to conclussions you somtimes jump past the actual truth. The truth, in my opinion, usually lies somewhere between conflicting opinions.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

When jumping to conclussions you somtimes jump past the actual truth. The truth, in my opinion, usually lies somewhere between conflicting opinions.

Exactly. The world keeps getting more and more polarized and yet we don't even realize it. I know the culprits: False pride, skewed news, biased education, divide and conquer through religion, etc.

Instead of unifying we are dividing. Nothing new really!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Personally, I think the Iranian government is helping the shiite majority in Iraq to overthrow the current puppet government installed by the USA.

Actually Iran is seeking friendship with that government. Nouri Al-Maliki, the current Iraqi Prime Minister, is Shia.

Why do you think the usa did not "liberate" Iraq during the first gulf war when they attacked kuwait? Bush Sr. knew better and stopped.

Probably syria, pakistan and many other hard line muslim fundamentalists are also contributing. This war on terror will never end because it is not supposed to end!

The biggest state of Muslim fundamentalists trying to destabilize the region is our pal Saudi Arabia.

The greedy, war-profitting neo-cons probably knew about it and took full advantage of the situation to get rich at everyone else's expense.

You're right about the profiteering angle.

Makes me sick we have such people in power but I guess it's really no big deal in the end since europeans have been doing this for centuries and they openly brag about it...even today!

Sorry I had to get that kick under the belt because some people are intentionally ignorant!
Blame usa for everything while china, russia and the muslims get ready to go on their own power trip!

Actually we have a lot to answer for. Reverend Wright was correct--America's chickens are coming home to roost. You can't spend sixty-plus years running around the world overthrowing democratically-elected governments and installing pro-US dictators so corporations can exploit the people, supplying dictators with chemical and biological weapons to use on their enemies both foreign and domestic, supporting the criminals running the illegal drug trade to make operational capital for more covert intelligence and military adventures, invading sovereign nations to control their natural resources, and destabilizing the economies of other nations without expecting some consequences somewhere down the line. America is guilty of all this and more.

As for China, they own us. Russia still has no economy to speak of. And the "Muslims" you fear are largely a created threat, a distraction to keep people occupied while the PTB rob us blind.

[edit on 5/13/2008 by The Nighthawk]

[edit on 5/13/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eyes2open

This isn't about the government lying. It's about the truth (which apparently we can't handle.)

The notion that they shouldn't have to make a big deal about being wrong is incongruous. They should have to make as big a deal that they were wrong as they made about the claim in the first place. This is very much analogous to the headline in a newspaper saying "Mr. Smith is a liar!" followed two days later by a retraction on page 4 under a mortuary ad "Mr. Smith is not a liar after all" in 4 point type.

This countries media pundits, talking heads, and government officials have been cramming the new sources non-stop with inflammatory anti-Iran pieces. Now they appear to think that simply 'dropping' the earlier accusation makes for balanced dissemination of public information? I think not.

Of course, don't get me wrong. I don't think it's the the governments failure; it's the media's failure to point out that the one time evidenciary proof was forthcoming - oops! they did it again! How many Americans will hear of this I wonder? Yet how many have heard that we believe they DO arm the Iraqi insurgents. What proof do we offer, none! It's indicative of a very weak case amongst a history of accusations with no proof at all, fabricated proof, or proof on faith alone.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Exactly. The world keeps getting more and more polarized and yet we don't even realize it. I know the culprits: False pride, skewed news, biased education, divide and conquer through religion, etc.

Instead of unifying we are dividing. Nothing new really!

You got that right. I believe if more people didn't pick sides their vision of the world would look quite different. Progress would be made. Wounds would heal. Anger would subside. But those in power want the masses to pick sides and keep fighting. And most are more than happy to appease them. I guess it is an easier way to deal with problems, but I just cannot believe something just because the team I joined believes that.

If I don't look for my own path and follow it and instead take the path of others, have I reached the place I wanted to go or where they wanted me to go?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Would it be wrong to assume by this statement that US Military are saying to the US President etc that we do not agree with an invasion of Iran.

Just a way out there thought.

Wolfie

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

After reading the article, it seems to me that this one weapons stash didn't have any items from Iran. This does not mean no weapons have been found that came from Iran, just in this one case of found munitions. Need to be careful when making the claim that no weapons from Iran have ever been found. The article doesn't even do that, even though news headlines can be deceiving or misleading compaired to the actual article content, to grab your attention.

MHO

I agree with you. Also, where is the information on this? Why were they deemed not of Iranian origin? Why in the holy heck would the U.S. military take an Iraqi general's word for it in the first place that they were of Iraqi origin? It doesn't make any sense.

It's also possible that the weapon was actually made in Iraq but some parts used in making it were brought in from Iran. Come to think about it, How would we ever really know what parts are of Iranian origin or not anyway? Especially since explosives are huge on the black market?

-ChriS

[edit on 14-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Further proof that we are getting wrapped up in a quagmire in my humble opinion.

We now have the Sunni's playing against the shiites playing us against Each other.

And we're letting them pull our strings for a chance at first dibs on the oil of the final winner.

This is why we should be here in America, and Afghanistan/Pakistan hunting for Bin Laden. Theres no reason for us to be in Iraq, and Now some of the corrupt Iraqi's are playing us against their Iranian Enemies.

Coven

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
One of the things that people seem to forget, in rushing to judgment about Iran's motives in this mess, is that even if the weapons (or some of their components) did come from Iran it may not have been sanctioned by the Iranian government. How many Americans own AR-15s and similar paramilitary weapons legally? How many own grey-market weapons that are essentially identical to US military hardware? For those that do, does it automatically mean they got them from military sources with the blessing of the US government?

Something to remember, is that just as here in the US there's not a cop on every single corner or watching every gun show and sale to ensure everything's above-board, Iran doesn't have cops watching everything 24/7 either. Gang members with full-auto AK-47s should prove that to anybody who doubts. IF Iranians are in Iraq screwing around (the evidence is pointing to a big negatory on that) it does not automatically mean "Iran" and Ahmedinajad are behind it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
This is why we should be here in America, and Afghanistan/Pakistan hunting for Bin Laden. Theres no reason for us to be in Iraq, and Now some of the corrupt Iraqi's are playing us against their Iranian Enemies.

I wouldn't put it past leftover loyalists from Saddam's former regime to try and discredit the new Shia-led Iraqi government, and derail any alliances with Iran, by using black-market Iranian-made (but not necessarily Iranian Government-backed) weapons and components against their fellow Iraqis.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The real quagmire will be when america pulls out of iraq and civil war begins. Thousands will be slaughtered and the middle east will be even more destabilized then it was prior to the invasion.

Take that to the bank!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join