It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police have no Answer for Killing Unarmed Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Police have no Answer for Killing Unarmed Boy

www.latimes.com

Top Inglewood police officials struggled Monday to explain why officers fatally shot an unarmed motorist over the weekend, acknowledging that there was no evidence linking the man or others in the car to the gunfire that drew police to the scene.

"It was a totality of circumstances," Capt. Eve Irvine said in explaining why the police shot at the car Sunday, killing Michael Byoune, a 19-year-old passenger, and wounding the driver, 19-year-old Larry White.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
These Cops are getting more reckless by the day.

There needs to be some change in procedure and what steps they can take because theres obviously a problem with how these situations are being handled.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One cop was probably talking to a rookie about how tough he is, and when the rookie asked him if he's ever killed anybody he responded. "Have I ever killed anybody? Watch this..."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sounds like the police just panicked when they believed they were being fired upon and returned fire at what they thought was the shooter. It appears to be an unfortunate mistake.

If it does prove to be a mistake, the officers involved should and likely will face criminal and civil charges.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There's something a miss in the police community. Think about it. Why would a cop NOT have an answer of why he shot an innocent motorist? How can someone justify their actions for such a crime? Kids getting tasered, quadriplegics getting tackled/tasered/killed. the list goes on; just pick up the paper/news and somewhere there's a cop killing someone under unusual circumstances IMO.

I just don't get it. what is it that is making them so angry at public? Personally, I'm not to sure if some of the cops are real cops. I know in some states, they've lowered the standards for recruitment....WAY lower. It use to be 4 years of college bar none, but, now it's 2 yrs or military service. I thought I read somewhere that it might have been lower; suggested that their having trouble recruiting people. If that is so, what are they doing instead? IMO

Any suggestions?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
There's something a miss in the police community. Think about it. Why would a cop NOT have an answer of why he shot an innocent motorist?

...SNIP...

Any suggestions?

The first thing that comes to mind is they've been told not to say anything publically by their lawyers. "I don't know" sounds a lot less defensive and confrontational than "No comment" does. Clearly a mistake occurred and the officer responsible should face charges and serious restitution should be paid. I wouldn't read anything else into this, at least not yet, however. Cops are humans just like everyone else and as such mistakes do get made. The main difference is when most of us make a mistake in our daily job, it isn't made with a lethal weapon.

new topics

top topics

join