It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Also, copypasta gets stale quickly.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I agree. God is a childish superstition. If I could I would outlaw all the worlds major religions. They are what holds us back from advancing to a more utopian scientific future.

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day which I totally agree with it read: "God is your imaginary friend."

Obviously God and gods were simply beings with advanced technology. If we were to show our tech to cavemen, they would worship us as gods.

[edit on (5/13/08) by AllSeeingI]

It's too bad you feel this way. I'm willing to bet someone religious talked you to death and turned you off along with all the TV preacher controversy of today. I can understand why a lot of folks take this position.I believe in Jesus Christ but I do not like organized religion as it stands these days.

It's just that too many churches have half truths and get all wrapped up and talking a certain way and being motivated out of guilt instead of grace and so on and so forth. Not only that but they have failed to even convey the pure form of the message, they have failed in really getting deep into the real story of what the bible says and is.And what it really says my friend is that a genetic war took place a Genetic/DNA war.AS far as beleiving scripture is valid in the first place.I find things that prove its been writtin outside of time as we know it.And the fact it goes along with this whole abduction bit too.
We can find certain scriptures that do correlate with other sources of history that would confirm that certain prophecies have in fact been fulfilled. Believe it. Not only that but the bible tells us in a few passages even about the Angelic entities mating with humans and having hybrid offspring.It describes in Hebrew upright shining and glowing serpent like creatures in the garden and somewhere around this point is when the Gene/DNA war began.Through understanding some of these simple truths of the bible it sheds light on the Alien and abduction subject.And there are many other things to be gleaned from this truly inspired book to much to cover here now of course. Not only do these truths make plain a lot of issues it's all set in what essentially is a love story. the entire bible simply documents the wars over mankind soul and DNA and then Gods answer to it all... his love story that became what we call the new testament.Even all the killing everyone brings up in the old testament was simply to wipe out hybrid blood lines they were part angelic part human beings and if you want my take on it. that is still what they want.A being that is fully fallen angel and fully man at the same time the Beast I suppose you could say.Are you following this?Do you see the stark contrast to the truth of what the bible is saying, over how religious people make it sound.That whole "Jesus" on a fluffy cloud thing... Jesus is exactly who he says he is and I don't think he's flying in on a cloud though.Any way I hope this sheds some light on some things.Oh and as I was saying above and beyond all understand that the God of the bible at the end when all is said and done says he will share his throne with us if we simply acknowledge his sun and declare the love story to be the ultimate act of love and truth.In the mean time many of you will prefer to call these fallen angels Aliens and pay homage and fall for there tricks of light and think they are in fact our creators which they are not! Thats the whole reason God the creator got pissed off I think they may have gave us this Carnal nature part though(DNA experimenting with us).You get it?
It's a great story man no one like 2000 or even 5-6000 years ago could make that stuff up and it be so interwoven the same messages over in over no way! Think about it without all the bias.Seems most people have no real concept that the bible portrays a war over DNA lines in the old testament and of course the love story of the ultimate Human/Creator hybrid or Son.... Jesus

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Here is a Jewish man from MIT that would disagree. Einstein lacked the perspective to see new discoveries that came after this death. Only in this day and age do we possess the language and theory necessary to finally see a glimmer into the evidence for the existence of God. Had Einstein seen this perspective, he may have connected the duality of light to the image of the universe. Genesis covers this all.

Genesis 1

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Einstein knew this part. What he could not see is how this originates in an image of light, time, space and matter. The language was not available at the time, nor did we have a ready example like virtual reality by the same mechanism. Today, it is in our face with evidence. God did what He said. We are an image of Him and inside that image as well. It's a story He tells us by placing us inside the story. God is Amazing.

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

This physics genius below has Einstein as a starting point, then current theory to back his statements. I go with the most current view. The old view that matter originates consciousness is proven wrong by collapsing wave theory and our understanding of the quantum observer. Consciousness originates matter. Spirit is consciousness.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
If we are a creator's masterpiece, he must be one god awful creator. We are far from perfect, and far from being called a "masterpiece."

And if there is a creator, who created him/her? And for whoever created our creator, who created that creator? It could go on and on and on and on and on forever.

It's best just to realize religion is bunk and god is just your imaginary friend that you use to make yourself feel better. Like George Carlin says "It's all bull# folks, and it's bad for ya."

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Double Eights]

What is wrong with us my friend?

We are concious beings experiencing something wondrous. Our bodies are perfect for the experience because they wither and die. This is the only way we, as conscious beings could progress. Otherwise we would be stuck in the generation which bore us for each, though laced with difficulty, seemed better than the last. Though we have struggled and fought, we have uncovered many many mysteries along the way. Each generation is a giant step forward of this perfect being called Man.

Where do you see a flaw?

Don't look back at what we were...

Look forward to where we are going.

But make the now that vision.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Obviously God and gods were simply beings with advanced technology. If we were to show our tech to cavemen, they would worship us as gods.

[edit on (5/13/08) by AllSeeingI]

Well said.

Here's one of my favourite quotes of all time;

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke

I'd say it fits the logic of your comment perfectly.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Genesis 1

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

I was wondering why you misquoted genesis so I went and looked it up

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And now I know why you misquoted –it’s because it’s all wrong

1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
no the earth wasn’t formed at the same time as heaven (assuming heaven is a reference to the rest of the universe) – the earth formed about 10 billion years later

1:2 the earth was without form, and void?
How can any material thing be without form and void –this makes no sense whatsoever

1:2 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?
Water what water? When did he make this and what’s keeping it liquid?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Genesis 1

I was wondering why you misquoted genesis so I went and looked it up

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And now I know why you misquoted –it’s because it’s all wrong

1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
no the earth wasn’t formed at the same time as heaven (assuming heaven is a reference to the rest of the universe) – the earth formed about 10 billion years later

1:2 the earth was without form, and void?
How can any material thing be without form and void –this makes no sense whatsoever

1:2 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?
Water what water? When did he make this and what’s keeping it liquid?

Although none of us know the true process and timetable, I believe that Genesis 1 was a creation in image by the Elohim, as it says. Genesis 2 was the creation in form by the Lord. Since we are a projection of light into time and space by energy, it only makes sense to me that the process is comparable to how we do the same thing. The scale is larger of course. Here is a good video that possibly hints at what we haven't figured out yet. Nothing about what science has discovered discounts the Genesis narrative. My quotes are taken from Bible-Gateway.com. They also appear the same in my Bible. No misquotes taking place.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

What you are trying (and failing) to do is make a Bronze Age myth somehow fit the current scientific understanding of the universe

Well like my old mum used to say – You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

Also:
if you have a bible that says

Then you have a copy of the bible that is attempting to lie to you by omission

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Realistically, if there is an all seeing all powerful god... he would grant access to a "heaven" to anyone who does the right thing for the sake of it being right... not because they desire for heaven for their own selfish needs.

Imagine if you died, and a powerful being asked you "why did you strive to do the right thing?", you answer "Because I want to go to heaven", and he tells you thats self centered, you're going to hell.

Meanwhile the agnostic walks up, and answers "I did the right thing for their sake, not mine." and is immediately permitted in.

My thoughts exactly, who does the greater good?:
An atheist or agnostic that opens doors for old ladies,
or the nostic that believes in opening doors for old ladies because that is part of their ticket to heaven.

Religious people are selfish because their main concern is their own souls, you can go to hell for all they care.
An atheist who does good works is the most genuine person in the world, who works from their heart, not for a reward.

And of course, this whole 'the Jews are gods chosen people' BS, of course they are going to print that, it makes their people more special than thou, and better than their enemies, they have the power of the Universe on their side to conquer you with.

Or perhaps they were bestowed better genes through alien genetic technology?
Don't know.

Anyhow, look at the world today, Israel gets away with murder and all sorts of attrocities, and western nations assist them militarily and financially simply because it's the religious nut job politicians that are securing their ticket to heaven to protect chosen people and land.

Wow, what a way to protect your butt, threaten eternal burning in hell if you go against the chosen ones.

These beliefs are dangerous for all of humanity, look what is going on now.

PS, johnSKY where are you?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For a guy like Einstein, who treated his wife like %£"%, he's just revealing things some would not be keen to hear about.

I wonder if he abandoned his work on unified fields theory because it was in fact his wife who influenced him big time!
When she wasn't around, (when he left for the US) his work foundered to a standstill compared to the heady days of 1900 - 1907...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

What you are trying (and failing) to do is make a Bronze Age myth somehow fit the current scientific understanding of the universe

If you discount all the science that has changed since the Bronze Age, you are left with the current theory. Theory is not fact. It changes. We do know some facts in science, but most of what we draw as implication is theory that is destined to change. The closer we get to updating our Bronze Age science, the more we start to see that the Bible was saying it in symbol and parable. Comparing the theory that changes to the Bible only shows that the Bible has remained a solid foundation. Science is a poor way to describe the truth in scripture. There will come a day when science catches up. We need more than 200 years of study to get it aligned with revelation. Wait another 50 years and we might see some refinement in our young view of the universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Then we should also outlaw greed, power and various other things as they are even BIGGER threats to scientific advancement.

Some people can't think further then their hate. No wonder the world is in such a bad place right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Einstein believed in god but did not believe in organised religion.

The one group that fits is Deism
though he never said he was a deist his writing put him in that group with George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Nice try eddy – but it was you who posted the whole science/bible thing - now how about explaining why you misquoted genesis in an attempt to make it look like the bible fits in to the current understanding of science – an understanding which you now say is might be wrong anyway

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nice try eddy – but it was you who posted the whole science/bible thing - now how about explaining why you misquoted genesis in an attempt to make it look like the bible fits in to the current understanding of science – an understanding which you now say is might be wrong anyway

I guess you might be reading the "let there be light" part as Genesis 1:1. Let me clarify.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

In the beginning denotes TIME.
God created denotes DESIGN and DIVINITY
the heavens denotes SPACE to hold matter
and the earth denotes MATTER
MATTER was formless and void (EMPTY / Unformed by information and geometry)
darkness (Chaos) was over the surface of the deep (Emptiness / Infinity)
and the Spirit of God (Consciousness / Great I AM) was hovering over (outside of the opening within) the waters (High state of order and low entropy)
And God said (Word / Information / Wave) Let there be light (consciousness / energy / movement / laws / intellect / inquiry / knowledge / wisdom / Discovery / Peripeteia)

edit on 8-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I guess you might be reading the "let there be light" part as Genesis 1:1. Let me clarify.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Lol you must have looked high and low to find this particular translation

In the beginning denotes TIME.
God created denotes DESIGN and DIVINITY
the heavens denotes SPACE to hold matter
and the earth denotes MATTER
MATTER was formless and void (EMPTY / Unformed by information and geometry)
darkness (Chaos) was over the surface of the deep (Emptiness / Infinity)
and the Spirit of God (Consciousness / Great I AM) was hovering over (outside of the opening within) the waters (High state of order and low entropy)
And God said (Word / Information / Wave) Let there be light (consciousness / energy / movement / laws / intellect / inquiry / knowledge / wisdom / Discovery / Peripeteia)

edit on 8-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

two tiny problems with all this

first
the universe and the earth where not formed at the same time – so bible fail

next
You have bible god making matter then he makes energy but we know (thanks to Einstein) that matter and energy are the same thing (e=mc2) – bible fail

sorry eddy but I’m just not buying what you’re shoving

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

YOU
"two tiny problems with all this

first
the universe and the earth where not formed at the same time – so bible fail"

ME
Genesis 1 is the image creation from the formless. This was done by the Elohim (US / WE). Compare this to the creation of the operating system, sprites and subroutines when designing the movie avatar. While there can be no comparison to creation other than creation itself, we can see a symbol of this in our own creation of 3D computer reality from silicone. Rendering happens in Genesis 2 by the LORD. Most people see two creation stories without noticing what actually takes place. Think outside the box on this and you can see that our current view is beginning to see what was actually happening. Science needs to catch up.

YOU
next
You have bible god making matter then he makes energy but we know (thanks to Einstein) that matter and energy are the same thing (e=mc2) – bible fail

ME
You are locking yourself to a sequence. Which came first, the binary ones and zeros or the sprites on the page you are viewing as text? Don't we all know? Which came first, the energy in the computer or the plug to the wall? It's pointless to ask since we don't see behind the screen.

YOU
sorry eddy but I’m just not buying what you’re shoving

ME
Are you sure about that?

A train engineer and a friend can argue that the pitch of the whistle changes as the train passes. Perhaps the train engineer knows the Doppler Effect and lets his friend ramble on. Eventually, he allows him to see that frame of reference explains the paradox.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Edd – you gave yourself as wide a range of possibilities for the translation of genesis 1:1-3 as you could

You then gave yourself as much wiggle room as possible for the interpretation of that material

Sorry but all I see is you “torturing the data until it tells the story you want it to show”

Genesis 1:1-3 is still just the same old Syrians/Egyptian/Greeks Chaos egg thing it was when it was first written – and there is no way for you to turn that sow's ear in to a silk purse

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Text PurpleTextreply to post by AllSeeingI

I truly must disagree with your thought process. I'm 100% sure you interpreted the context "God is your imaginary friend" wrong. GOD IS IN FACT OUR IMAGINARY FRIEND. HE SEES EVERYTHING. HE HEARS EVERYTHING. HE KNOWS YOU MORE BETTER THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF. YOU CANNOT SEE HIM BUT YOU WLL WHEN HE RETURNS. with this attitude towards god you are distancing yourself from truth, you are not ready to meet him. A friend always has your back no matter the circumstance. all you have to do is believe in YOUR FRIEND with your mind and heart. 3 evolutions that you are apart of: YOU CAME OUT OF THE WOMB. NOW YOU ARE IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, NEXT IS THE SPIRITUAL WORLD. why do you think GHANDI MEDITATED 7 TIMES A DAY?? HE GOT SHOT RIGHT IN THE HEART FOR HAVING LOVE FOR ALL HUMAN BEINGS. I'm pretty sure you're older than me. I just turned 19. This is my last year of being a teenager. by december 21st I will be able to face god and welcome him with open arms because HE IS MY FRIEND AND MY SAVIOR. I would suggest you not believe in the statements of non-believers for they will be the death of you. sincerely your imaginary friend Imani..which means faith
p.s I'm not a religious nut. in fact I stopped believing for a time just like you a couple years ago...the devil has a strong hold on the youth, especially young african amercians. IF THE DOLLAR BILL IS REAL SO IF GOD. IF THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS REAL SO IF GOD!!! IF YOU ARE REAL SO IS GOD!!! december 21st is the day the non-believers and believer will be seperated. the choice is yours.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If I could I would outlaw all the worlds major religions. They are what holds us back from advancing to a more utopian scientific future.

What nonsense.

There's no us, and it is precisely this totalitarianist mindset to ban everything and think in terms of us, which is the result of the inability to handle differences (itself an expression of emotional immaturity) that has held the world back, and it has a word: tribalism.

Tribalism and its sister, intolerance, are the most primitive traits of man since his nervous system first began developing. There is nothing more unscientific then this, and you should read the letter closer: Einstein pronounces his opinion, but never threatens them with violence to ban or make their mental commitments thought-crimes.

As for the letter itself, as much as I admire Einstein, he has had some mind-scratching opinions on topics outside of his normal area of expertise (but then again, like Feynman said, you shouldn't expect us scientists to be any more knowledgeable than the common joe on other topics), and this letter has to be taken into context i.e. he clearly rejects revelation and the anthropic traits of a god, but Einstein was very much a believer in Spinoza's God (as are most physicists that i'm aware of, including me, except I have a more Christian flavor to mine).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join