It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I tend to agree with Einstein..not because a lot of our shared beliefs, but rather because it's true. We are all God. And not just humans either. We are all made of the same energy and we attract what our thoughts focus on. Very powerful stuff...
I don't believe that we should outlaw religion, but rather present the truth. There is no religion higher than truth.
And Truth is relative to each person, but when a person finds out about the truth of the universe, one begins to understand that we are all one consciousness. We are all entangled.

Thats cool if you don't believe in metaphysics( after/beyond physics) and the spiritual realities. Not many people want to accept the truth. Its a lot easier to call it a hoax and deny it because there isn't a sufficient amount of documents to prove it.
Well the proof is all around you...we are spiritual beings with great power and potential within each one of us.
Nobody is chosen over anybody..
most religions were built around control..
something put in place to disconnect people from the universe and rely on a deity or some supreme person to contact god.
God is within you
God is in the elements

science without spirituality = atlantis 2.0
spirituality + science = utopia

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Well said.

What is God if not a scientist anyway?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I cannot prove to anyone the existence of God, anymore than any one of you can prove to me that He doesn't exist. Coincidentally, much like black holes, intelligent life on other planets, and many of the things that you are on ATS for. But - like those that believe in alien life forms for instance - just because one cant 'prove' that they exist doesnt necessarily prove they do.

One would have to have absolutely all available knowledge of everything to believe that God doesnt exist out there somewhere. And none of us does, so no one can truly say there is no God. So I believe with faith....you know, the stuff that you believe Einsteins THEORY of relativity with, or Darwins THEORY of evolution.

And Christianity - in its correct form (and I will be the first to admit that there are many forms of it that are horrid before God) - is different from religion, or orthodoxy. How, you might ask? Well, "religion" is just that, something done religiously over and over, and it could best be spelled "D-O" as in its all about what "we" do for God, or to impress God. But the Bible makes it clear that nothing man can do earns favor with God, or earns salvation. Christianity, on the other hand, could best be spelled D-O-N-E, because its all about what God has already done for us, in Jesus' death on the cross.

You may choose not to believe, and thats your perogative. But to bash Christians as if they are somehow retarded or stupid for believing in God, is just wrong, especially on this of all places, THE conspiracy and theory forum of all forums.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by TrailGator]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailGator

- just because one cant 'prove' that they exist doesnt necessarily prove they do.

One would have to have absolutely all available knowledge of everything to believe that God doesnt exist out there somewhere. And none of us does, so no one can truly say there is no God. So I believe with faith....you know, the stuff that you believe Einsteins THEORY of relativity with, or Darwins THEORY of evolution.

And Christianity - in its correct form (and I will be the first to admit that there are many forms of it that are horrid before God) - is different from religion, or orthodoxy. How, you might ask? Well, "religion" is just that, something done religiously over and over, and it could best be spelled "D-O" as in its all about what "we" do for God, or to impress God. But the Bible makes it clear that nothing man can do earns favor with God, or earns salvation. Christianity, on the other hand, could best be spelled D-O-N-E, because its all about what God has already done for us, in Jesus' death on the cross.

You may choose not to believe, and thats your perogative. But to bash Christians as if they are somehow retarded or stupid for believing in God, is just wrong, especially on this of all places, THE conspiracy and theory forum of all forums.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by TrailGator]

nothing, IMO, is horrid before god. To honestly believe that god has human qualities, and to take stances on what is good and bad is to judge. Judging is simply categorization and labelling, which mostly everyone does on a daily basis. I believe more poeple should stop following other people and start to follow themselves. Not their ego or conscious selves, but their spiritual selves.
When you can allow your soul/the holy spirit/prana/chi/ qi/ to work through your physical body you can learn what Jesus was really all about.
Jesus was a metaphysician, IMO. The 12 apostles were really symbols of the 12 powers that now happen to lay dormant within each and everyone of us.

As soon as people shift mass consciousness from division and separation to an underlying foundation of unity we can achieve the utopia people speak of.A one world government isn't so bad if we can all have control of it...if we all have control to follow our spirits instead of other people and their dogmas...
but if we allow them to simply enslave us to the maximum degree, we will all lose spirituality by force

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
While Einstein could provide mathematical support for his theories in physics, so far as we know, he left no mathematical support for his religious beliefs.
At any rate, Einstein's opinion of religion without the math, is worth no more than anyone's opinion.

Wow, a star for this post.

Though I -tend- to agree with E's opinion, I'd probably state it differently.

Maybe I'd say "Total reliance on faith, or a belief in a supreme being as a basis for (ethical behavior), is child-like" ??

It's not so much the 'belief in God' as the 'religious overtones' of same that can be a problem. It seems to give people approval for unethical acts. (such as genocide, religious wars, jihad)

But I also agree with your post. Without any math, it is only an opinion.

One might give sociological theories why it's a remnant of childhood needs, but nobody knows if there's a 7th dimensional being who would be considered a 'god'.

To a two-dimensional being, we three-dimensional beings are all 'gods', all knowing, all-seeing of things in their world.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
See if you can follow the science and philosophy in this post...

Universal Theory: System of Truth

The majority of us aren’t at the level of Einstein’s intellect, but even he held out on some hope.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition
from mediocre minds."

-Albert Einstein

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All of you skeptics, agnostics, and athiests really humor me with your remarks, like who created God, and were not perfect, and it's all about faith.

I know God is real and I have experienced him and continue do so. I do not life by faith but by knowing and directly experiencing truth.

God has always existed because such a premise is possible once you surpass rationality and logic keeping in mind God is a Spirit (energy) in which case energy is neither created nor destroyed. Of course you can argue this......but nothing is impossible for God. Where taking about a being who is infinite and eternal. Your minds will never grasp this until you seek God out, then he gives you the mental faculty of transcendence to be able to begin to comprehend his atributes.

We are unperfect because of free-will and wrong choices. Reach Spiritual Enlightenment and you will realize the truth.

At the end of the day, the best you could do is scoff at, make assumptions and theories about these things. Where as I live and know the truth that he is real. If you were to bet me on whether he exists or not, would you be willing to bet your life, family, every single dollar you have, or all the money in the world?

I would bet my own life that God is real and I doubt there is any people that would bet aginst me with their lives.

You all assume it's faith, and assume we are unperfect(partially correct), and assume science knows everything. Not only that, when you speak of God for the sake of debate, you put him in this tiny intellectual box, thereby limiting his unlimitedness.

I dont say these things with ego and I dont think I'm better than you in anyway, I just know 100% for a fact from first hand experience that God is real. I've even corraborated my experiences with others who have had similar experiences and by doing so, unleashed a level of both subjectivity and objectivity.

You see those that know and walk with God, especially monks and mystics, are in thier nature actually Spiritual Scientists. They know God and understand spiritual laws.

All of you skeptics, honestly have no idea because you never undertook spiritual excercises and never seriously sought out God. In turn you mock and scoff those that have done so and those that know the truth, whereas you can only speculate on the truth.

Its a rough position to be in, because no matter what I say, you are stuck in your ways, assumptions, and state of being. Seeking God allows you to surpass the limited philosophical/intellectual boxes you live in.

Look around, everything is intelligently designed, cells, flowers, humans, the universe, even evolution is an intelligent design. But you just don't see it. Even before I believed in God I would look around at everything and see connections and designs that ultimately led my to seek out God. Its so obviously all around us.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
All of you skeptics, agnostics, and athiests really humor me with your remarks, like who created God, and were not perfect, and it's all about faith.

All of you skeptics, honestly have no idea because you never undertook spiritual excercises and never seriously sought out God. In turn you mock and scoff those that have done so and those that know the truth, whereas you can only speculate on the truth.

Its a rough position to be in, because no matter what I say, you are stuck in your ways, assumptions, and state of being. Seeking God allows you to surpass the limited philosophical/intellectual boxes you live in.

I have found this to be true as well...wise people have told me that they are on a journey to find the truth but they have to learn certain things first before they can understand the truth. They have to go through certain awakenings before they can begin to comprehend the nature of the universe.
Most people have anywhere from two to twenty or more thoughts go off in their brains when they come across the symbol ''GOD''
When people begin to stop labeling things and think beyond symbols to true meaning, they will unravel the scrolls of truth.
There are many levels of truth....
for instance you are yourself, the being reading these words..
yet at the same time you are mere subatomic particles...atoms...

fear = low vibrations
love = high vibrations

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All I can say is that there are no atheists in hell.
Whatever you believe about God, you'd better be darn sure you got it right.
My Bible says there is an afterlife and the only way to get to it is through God's only Son, Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Months back I asserted Einstein DID believe in God. What with his quotes such as "some people think nothing is miraculous, some think everything is". I was roundly chided for that.
Now I see why.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I thought Einstein believed in Determinism. its on wikiperdia under religous views.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought. I didn't read the other posts so I don't know where this thread went, but this was the first thought i had.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What's so chosen?

We people are all the same

Skin and bones, legs, Hands, Feet, a brain, Eyes, ears, nose, organs.

What's so chosen or special?

Last time i checked, humans are nothing special and we are all the same structure

Sure some are smart and stupid.

Knowledge is great and varies

But we will all age and die.

Surely if the jews are chosen? Can they prove it.

I don't want to hear any ancient stories from the past

If the jews are chosen? Prove it

last time i walked by a bunch of jewish men with the suits and hat - They were all the same.

Humans - Middle aged or old - Just like you and me. old or young - ugly or handsome.

All the same stuff you would see everyday

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

Okay... i am pretty much a casual reader on here... but I have to respond to this.

Its not about what we do D-O...it's what jesus has already D-O-N-E...?

Okay there are a number of things I want to say about this, and Im sorry if someone else has already posted about this....

1. Your statement implies that, in the absense of jesus, or before jesus, God did care what we each did.

2. Why would an almighty creator of the entire Universe care what one tiny little speck did in the first place? There are a number of arguments to made against this, which ive already argued in a couple different philosophy classes. The main one being....for good to exist there must be evil, pleasure needs pain, two sides of the same coin etc....so why punish or reward one over the other?

3. Why should I except jesus? Because a very old book tells me to? C'mon.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

Okay... i am pretty much a casual reader on here... but I have to respond to this.

Its not about what we do D-O...it's what jesus has already D-O-N-E...?

Okay there are a number of things I want to say about this, and Im sorry if someone else has already posted about this....

1. Your statement implies that, in the absense of jesus, or before jesus, God did care what we each did.

2. Why would an almighty creator of the entire Universe care what one tiny little speck did in the first place? There are a number of arguments to made against this, which ive already argued in a couple different philosophy classes. The main one being....for good to exist there must be evil, pleasure needs pain, two sides of the same coin etc....so why punish or reward one over the other?

3. Why should I except jesus? Because a very old book tells me to? C'mon.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What's silly is Einstein believed in G*d. He might not have flaunted it, but he did. His quotes are normally ambiguous in nature when disusing a higher power, because he didn't want to lose his job/position as a scientific authority. He also had the foresight to know where this world was .ing . . . towards atheism. He didn't want to be remembered as a dope once religion and belief in G*d died. He was just covering his tracks.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
All I can say is that there are no atheists in hell.
Whatever you believe about God, you'd better be darn sure you got it right.
My Bible says there is an afterlife and the only way to get to it is through God's only Son, Jesus Christ.

All I can say is..." You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why...Jesus clause is coming to town. He knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake!"

What's the difference between Jesus and Santa??? They both have psychic powers and are both omnipotent super beings are they not? (It is curious to note that Santa is an anagram for Satan. Santa's the anti Christ oohhh nooo...)

Einstein is absolutely right in saying that believing in God is childish. The Easter bunny, Santa clause, Tooth fairy, Sand man, etc, are all tales as well as the Bible, God, and Jesus, and tall ones at that.

It is sad to see that people believe in the bible based on faith, what a complete cop out! e.g. "I believe that there Moon is made of cheese...Oh yeah, wheres your proof ? I don't need proof, I have faith, duuhhhh...."

The other day I got in an argument with my bible thumping Father in law about Noahs Ark. I asked him how there could possibly be room on that boat for two of every animal, he said the animals "Were all really small."
(I'm not kidding, that was his actual response!) At that point I excused myself from the dinner table, went outside and laughed my a#% off! What a moron...

Religion, and "God" are good for people who's ignorance reigns supreme. For me, Science is my "God."

It should be noted that the alternative explanation to the Jesus story is in regards to solar worship and that the "Son" of god is in actuality the Sun.

I can see how the sun could be an object of worship, after all it does provide us with life. And why not worship something thats tangible, something you can document, something that's easily proven to actually exist...

I know what you're all gonna say, " God made the sun! "

I give up...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It's funny how whatever Einstein is saying will be twisted towards an atheists agenda. Since he was one of the "great minds".
And they want to claim science as their doctrine.

His statements still ring to me as those of a spiritualist.

I agree with the mini-gods part.
Well no mini.
Infant (or fetus) gods is a better term I think.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Seems to me like just science alone would make a dystopia.
Just btw.

And while I am on that subject.

What is with the infantile belief that killing a concept will some how change human nature for the better????
People that advertise themselves as more intelligent and above their fellow man can spout this silliness repeatedly and still expect anyone to believe them.

It is true religion has been used for greed for power.
But if you outlaw that concept called religion.

HOW does it take away the basic human failing of greed that has so often been blamed on religion?
Is it going to disapear by magic because you eliminated that human concept it will some how alter human nature?????
Or does that concept somehow magically fuel mankind's aptitude for greed?

I mean come on, thought you didn't believe in magic.
In the end all you will have done is NEEDLESSLY outlaw a concept.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
6 billion People and almost so many opinions. My stance is the same as Einsteins. IMO religion is the worst thing by far that has ever happened to us.
As for the Jews, I would like some proof to the claims they are "divine"in any way.
I've met a lot of them and if anything they are extremely different to most of us with their views and keeping contacts just between them selfs.
Inbreeding is another thing they have to look at because I see lots of retarded kids and grown up People among them as a result of that.
Somehow I think divine People should look and behave divine too right?!
Arabs have the same issue about marriage with relatives also.
Serbs believe they are divine People too. How many other People have that kind of moral boosting believes? It is based on nothing more than a folklore when People used to sit around the fire and talk mythological stories.
I can speak for myself being a Serb that those stories were born out of centuries of hardship and wars brought upon us and People used to invent some super heroes in order to keep their morals high.
Of course there was patriots and a heroes, but not ones swinging sword against hundreds and coming out victorious is slightly overblown

Same stories with different names in it. Americans have their Capt. America and so on..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
religion is for idiots
Pain an simple ..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join