It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle Spotted ... I.R.A.T. - blog someone posted... who into this stuff please check it out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I.R.A.T. ????
May 13, 2008 | 7:35 AM
Category: News

Report This Post
Featured On: MyFoxTampaBay

Was driving on Interstate 80 this morning coming back from an early meeting with one of my employees in Ohio, and I came upon, doing about 85 mph, a brand new Ford F250 with topper on the back, completely blacked out, no license plate, sat nav pod on the roof as well as communication antennas, with the initials I.R.A.T. in yellow letters on the tailgate and two rear corner panels. Once I realized that it wasn't an individual that could give me a ticket for speeding, he was only doing 80, the Power Stroke needed to breath so I passed him, and on the side was a logo with "International Response Assistance Team".

Anyone know what this organization is? Is it a cover for the private military contractors that are being put in place? It had to be tied to the government to be running no plates! I have put both the initials and the name into the search engines and came back with nothing???

Found these in my search, but notice when you go to the link, there is no reference to IRAT, and the logo defenitely read "International Response Assistance Team", with periods (.) after each letter of I.R.A.T.!. Note that with FBI, SWAT, CIA, etc there are no periods after the letters as with the IRAT's below.

Join the National Disaster Medical System Effort ... event of a federally declared natural or technological disaster, the GPMRC will
be tasked to deploy the Immediate Response Assessment Team (IRAT) along with ...
www.hhs.gov/aspr/opeo/ndms/join/ - 16k

Aerosolized Anthrax Acronyms ... IND. Investigative New Drug. INFO. Information. IRAT. Immediate Response Assessment
Team. IRCT. Incident Response Coordination Team. ISS. Influenza Surveillance ...
www.hhs.gov/disasters/discussion/planners/playbook/ant
hrax/aerosolized/acronyms.html - 40k

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Never heard of I RAT. Isnt a natural disaster of some kind going on in Florida atm? Wonder if it is a response team related to that. Although the information you dug up seems to infer that it is more of a CDC type of organization.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No thats just were it came down from the internet at. TampaBay...
I think this took Place in OHIO... >

I got it from someone who was reading MyTampaBay...
those are his links to no eval ... I resulted to AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 13-5-2008 by 888LetsRoll]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

MAN WANTED FOR ARSON AND KIDNAP OF HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND ARRESTED IN MEXICO ON FEDERAL FUGITIVE WARRANT

The FBI's Inland Regional Apprehension Team (IRAT) arrested Richard Eric Gurzi, 37, of Riverside County, this morning, on federal charges of Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution, announced J. Stephen Tidwell, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI in Los Angeles, and Bob Doyle, Sheriff of Riverside County

Link

Could it be a vehicle of the Inland Regional Apprehension Team (IRAT).
Seems reasonable.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I dont know Law enforcement and sat dish... ah ah arg

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

A need to transmit/receive large chunks of data while on the go, access some system. Does not seem improbable.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I had a little run in tonight with a couple of guys in one of these I.R.A.T. trucks tonight. Your description of the truck was exactly the same as the one I saw tonight. All black Ford f-250 with a blacked out topper. Same yellow I.R.A.T. decals in the same spot as you described, but this one did have a license plate. It was a Virginia plate, White, with a 9-11 commemorative logo on the left side, and across the bottom in red letters it said "Fight Terrorism". The plate number itself said SEMCP.

When I first saw the truck my girlfriend were on our way to a local Chili's for dinner. I thought it kinda strange and did not recognize the emblems on the side or back, and was curious what the I.R.A.T. meant, but didn't think much of it. As we followed behind the truck we noticed they were driving really erratic swerving in their own lane, and at times going as slow as 20 mph in a 45 mph zone. This being southern Louisiana we see a lot of drunk drivers so I figured these boys were toasted.

As we came close to the Chili's the guy slams on his breaks in the middle of the road and pulls half off the road into a drive of a hotel partially blocking the road. We had to swerve to avoid hitting them. As we went by I threw up my hands and shook my head as to say, "What are you crazy". As we pulled into the chili's which is only about thirty feet from where this occurred I saw that they had flashing lights on now and were trying to pull us over. Now I did not know this vehicle from Adam so obviously I was a little concerned about what was about to take place. We pulled into a parking spot and were going about our business. The black truck flew up behind us and blocked us in so we could not move. Then one man jumped out, (I only saw two men in the truck) and approached my window on the passenger side. "He said you got a problem?" "You see that truck that is a federal vehicle". The whole time he was slurring his speech and it was obvious at this point he had been drinking. So to this I said, "It looks to me like maybe you have a problem you were driving pretty bad back there". "Yeah we missed a turn" he said in his most stern disciplinary tone he could muster. “You don't need to cuss at us" he said. Well never did I swear at him or say anything until he approached my car and I told him as much. At this he just said "Oh okay, well I thought you did", and walked. I have talked to more than a few Cops in my day, a couple of FBI agents and plenty of national guard having lived in New Orleans post Katrina, and this guy wasn't adding up to be any of those. So at this point I was ready to challenge him and I said "you were driving pretty bad back there is everything okay". “We’re looking for someplace" he said. "Well can I be of some assistance to you then" I said. At this he gave me a dirty look and simply said "no" and walked away.

So at this point we both got out of the car a little rattled, and began to walk toward the front entrance of Chili's. We both got the idea, I wonder if we should call the local cops because this guy has obviously been drinking. We went inside and were sat at a table and continued to discuss what had just happened. At this point I went outside to get my phone from the car. When I got outside the man from the passenger side of the I.R.A.T. truck was sitting on the bench in front of the restaurant. As I walked around to the car I saw the other man sitting in the truck across the parking lot facing toward my vehicle.

That was the end of the incident, I decided against calling the local police after having talked to the Manager at Chili's. At some point these guys came into the bar at Chili's and were joined by a few other guys wearing the same uniforms. Black Polo shirts with a badge embroidered on the left Breast, and military style boots, tucked into dark cargo pants. They did not carry guns that I saw, but did have a "military look" about them in my opinion.

Who the hell are these guys?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I saw the same vehicle with exact markings, but with a virginia license plate in southeast texas. I reported to the local sherrif because the vehicle would not let me pass; dominating the road in example staying in middle of road when i tried to pass--spooky

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here's there website: www.goirat.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Anyone seen "Men in Black?" wait until these guys stick the elvis tape into the eight track and the vehicle starts flying at mach 2!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just a thought I believe that you mentioned that it was a Virginia license plate. One thing that pops to mind that is located in Virginia "The Farm" also known as Camp Peary which houses the Armed Forces Experimental Training Activity. It is also where CIA training is based out of. Of course this is all rumor and speculation as I don't believe that it has been officially confirmed. Just throwing ideas out there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I.R.A.T

In most cases, patients are evacuated out of the disaster area by the Department of Defense (DOD) Aeromedical Evacuation System (AES), which is operated by the Global Patient Movement Requirements Center (GPMRC), of the U.S. Transportation Command. In the event of a disaster, the GPMRC is tasked to deploy the Immediate Response Assessment Team (IRAT). The IRAT determines the need for patient evacuation. If there is a need, a mission tasking order is issued to DOD, and FCCs are activated. GPMRC then issues instructions to the FCCs for the reporting of available beds. Simultaneously, patient information is gathered at the disaster site and forwarded to GPMRC through the IRAT. GPMRC determines to which FCCs the patients will be moved based on the victims’ needs, beds available, and transportation availability. GPMRC coordinates with the IRAT and other deployed DOD transportation elements at the disaster site to ensure smooth air operations.

They are a medical team under the Federal Coordination Centers (FCC ) which is under the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS)

The NDMS is a federally coordinated system that augments the nation’s medical response capability. The overall purpose of the NDMS is to establish a single integrated national medical response capability for assisting state and local authorities in dealing with the medical effects of major peacetime disasters. The NDMS may be activated for:
* Natural disasters
* Technological disasters
* Major transportation accidents
* Acts of terrorism including WMD events

They seem to be the "legs" of the NDMS; like the "boots" on the ground.

Sounds like they were WAY out of their jurisdiction in stopping/detaining you.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
International Response ACCESS Team. Trust me on this as I used to work for them. They are a rope access company and in no way affiliated w/ the Gov't. Thats it! The owner wants to be Rambo and has no prior Millitary or Law Enforcement background. They may have a few Spec-ops guys working for them as they have in the past but they aren't doing anything special.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That's a good find, but somehow the scenarios above don't sound like they have the demeanor of people making triage decisions in a disaster.

And if there was no obvious disaster, why are they driving around in their official vehicle and/or hanging around in a local bar and grill in their uniforms?

Weird.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Another possibility:

IRAT

Having been a federal agent, these accounts do not sound like federal agents....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I've seen that type of vehicle, it had Virginia plates, so it's definitely government. I asked my dad what it meant, since he works at the Pentagon, but he had no idea what it mean...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

International Response Access Team is one of the most animated and energetic elevated tactical and rope access teams to date. They deploy only the best climbing subject matter experts which add to the production and safety standards of disaster recovery across the nation.

IRAT personnel are also working internationally to raise the standard of mission capabilities in defense of the United States and our allies. One more force AGAINST the terrorist cause. One more force FOR the people of America and the World....................Anonymous SME

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So they are a paramilitary force that operates under the guise of being a medical-evac company...
Cool "Anonymous SME", but you could have saved yourself about 20 sentences by simply saying so.
Blackwater types. I also thought of the Paramilitary troopers I saw on a back road near the airport where Bush was at when he was here in my neck of the woods.
Same type vehicle, same type dudes, from the sounds of it.

I also wonder why so many people responding to this particular thread are doing so from an anonymous account.

Virginia would be an awfully coincidental place for them to be based out of.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

new topics

top topics

join