It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else participating on June 5-15th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Has anyone else received an email about withdrawing your money on June 5th-15th. I personally feel like doing it and more than likely will. I know that there are loads of people that are in the same boat. I know allot of people on here are frustrated with what is going on in the US but the problem always seems what can we do to get there attention. I think this might just do that. Just once I'd like to see the people shake things up and get some real dialogue going about how bad things have gotten. I know there will be some that say things are just fine and that this is uncalled for. But if you are up on current events and I don't just mean what is on MSM, I think you know we headed in the wrong direction. Check it out and make your own decision but I'm interested in what you think.
ThisJune5th.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see what happens. I myself do not even have a bank account.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Based in how our society is designed, a mass withdrawel would probably do more damage than good.....

A mass withdrawel could lead to a general loss of confidence in the market causing a snowball effect that would send Wall Street into an unpredictable flurry of activity and people rushing to get their money...and that is the extreme version.

Likely, this will be a small demonstration that will pass relatively unnoticed by the overall societal trend and life will go on.

Oh...and I don't have a bank account....which ironically enough, in the context of this thread, hurts me more then the banks...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Based in how our society is designed, a mass withdrawel would probably do more damage than good.....

A mass withdrawel could lead to a general loss of confidence in the market causing a snowball effect that would send Wall Street into an unpredictable flurry of activity and people rushing to get their money...and that is the extreme version.

This is exactly what worried me when I first read this post and checked out the link.

It seems to me that this would cause a repeat of what happened before the Great Depression.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, bad idea. The last thing we need now is a run on banks and panic striken emptying of bank accounts. Thankfully these lame "call to arms," attempts tend to be less than a small blip on the world's radar screen.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You are wrong. And here's why. This will not be a crash in the sense of people losing their money.

The difference will be that the people will have their dollars safe at home. The idea is to withdraw their money from the banks so they are no longer a part of the corrupt system which allows the Federal Reserve to inflate the money supply. People need to start putting their money elsewhere than a standard bank account.

Have you ever stopped to think that a 'depression' might be just what we need to get people back to the type of sound habits that made us prosperous in the first place? People use credit to 'live for the moment', satisfy instant gratification. We need a crash to 1) make people start saving again, 2) force people not to live beyond their means, and 3) put an end to these dangerous bubbles in the markets. Maybe it's about time homeowners start thinking of a house as a 'home', not just something to flip every five years. As a society, we have this habit of not paying off any debt; we merely play games through 'refinancing' it.......passing it on to our grandkids.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So basically will be more like a pre bank run, to try and slow down inflation rates? What would happen afterwards when the banks re-open? It would be a hope for the best for the inflation platform to level off.

Some new currency anyone? How about.. The Amero? That's what they would like to get I take it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You are wrong. *Snip*

The difference will be that the people will have their dollars safe at home.

And Wall Street, as well as the decisions that ultimately decide loan rates and other financial details, are based on theoretical dollars...based on consumer confidence on how those theoretical dollars will grow or not.

A person decides to invest in a company precisely because they think that the good or service provided by the company will occur as promised but will be seen as a benefit by most and result in that dollar coming back.

A Promisary Note is truly a better terminology as money is really a promise of how time will be spent and what will be the result of that expended time.

If everyone hoards all of their money...what will everyone do? Stand around at their jobs making a wage/salary with no money coming in to justify that wage/salary?

Sorry...I'm not wrong. The current societal structure is predicated and dependent on people working for money so that they can have it to spend...not to hoard. Besides, what is money worth by itself stuck underneath a floor board?

[Originally posted by Anonymous
Have you ever stopped to think that a 'depression' might be just what we need to get people back to the type of sound habits that made us prosperous in the first place?

We have many more people now and we can all communicate instantaneously. A depression would more likely result in higher crime rates....rather than serve as a learning experience for the general population.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!

//whisper///duuude .. thats the point!!

actually.. what easier way for the ones orchestrating this fall .. than to procointel into groups and boards and sway "demonstration" to further the collapse... in a controlled timely scheduled manner even!

actually .. check this out..

this is messed up..
I go to make an online transfer yesterday....
and bam i get this message..

"We are required by federal regulations to monitor savings and money market account withdrawal activity and limit third-party or pre-authorized transfers to six per month. This includes transfers made by personal computer (online), telephone, or from overdraft protection. Of these six transfers allowed per month, no more than three may be made by check or draft. If transactions continue to exceed these limits, the law requires us to close savings accounts and transfer funds to a non-interest bearing checking account. Please note that money market accounts will not be closed, but converted to a non-interest bearing checking account and a fee may be charged when transaction limits are exceeded.

If you have any questions, please call the 1-800 telephone number printed on your banking statement. "

what the hell. this is so screwed up.
my direct deposit is considered a "transfer" and i get 4 of those a month!
so i can only transfer my money twice a month? once every 15 days?

this is nuts!

and what more value is your money going to have out of the bank than in it?
might as well get gold coins man.

-

[edit on 14-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
my direct deposit is considered a "transfer" and i get 4 of those a month!
so i can only transfer my money twice a month? once every 15 days?

this is nuts!

and what more value is your money going to have out of the bank than in it?
might as well get gold coins man.

I know...everyone is figuring out new ways to charge money to people. Handling Fees are the bigest B.S. I have ever heard of...and I have heard that there is a trend beginning where a handling fee will be charged for cash transactions...started with a phone company....

The world is just going to get better...right?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that this is what caused the great depression in the 1st place.
Massive amounts of people running to the banks to pull their money out.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think this is a sure way to cause a depression as the banks would start to go under and start to call in all the loans.

History would repeat it's self

I don't know about in the states but here in Western Australia you can not withdraw more than $2000 with out calling the bank and giving them 24 to 48 hours to get the cash

Thats all due to eft

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Banks are a pointless institution. Why do you need a bank account? What does it do for you that you can't do yourself?

If you think putting your money in a bank account is safe, you're wrong, as indicated in the global credit crunch and Bear Sterns crash. You're giving your money to a bunch of people who then go and lend to people you're never going to meet and are unlikely to ever pay it back, or use it as assets to play the stock market and make themselves money. Banks are businesses, and businesses are only run to make a profit, and they're making a profit out of you.

Banks collect the money of others and use it for themselves. They're not putting their money on the line, they are putting your money on the line. Somehow over the past 100 years we've been brainwashed into thinking banks are good and necessary and the world would collapse without them. Well, we managed to without them for well over 2,000 years, and this country was primarily founded on the need to break away from the controlling banking system being brought into effect in Europe. In fact, the amount of monetary fraud taking place has grown since banks have been around. If you dealt in cash face to face, then none of this credit card or online fraud would exist. It exists purely because the banking system is not safe, even though it claims to be.

Please participate people, take back control of your own money.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The current American banking system only needs 10% deposit, it then loans that money out 9 fold. Making loans on the deposit then making loans against anticipated loan payments, and those loans to make more loans nine times over. The Banksters are now loaning your money out 900% and collecting interest on it all. That is loan sharking. And they have been loaning it to ALOT of people that cant meet the obligations. Its a PYRAMID loaning scheme and when a few fail they call in the loans to cover thier ass. That is what is going to happen. This is why YOU need to take your money and support your Country not your bank masters in Europe. If you dont take your Money out June 5th then you may not be able to get it on the 6th.

So your 1 dollar just became 10 and now your spending power is "actually" 1/10 it once was. But wait stuff isnt super hyper inflated? I dont pay 10 times the cost of things. Thats because foreign nations hold our money as debt because thats what DOLLARS are is iou checks federal reserve NOTES. And china is pissed that they have 1 trillion dollars of ious from Americans. The funny thing is we dont sell enough of ANYTHING to ever get all that money back =) So our dollar remains un naturally inflated. If the US continues to innovate, our ancestors will be the ones you read about that never work and have the highest standard of living on the planet.

if this is a game, we win or we lose. knowledge and power control those and control mankind. How many companies own the main stream media (MSM)?
What entitys control the most wealth on ths planet? How long have they had this wealth? We are slaves, the only reason we have freedom is so that the masters may have their toys.

The last time i read there was only an average of $463 in reserves per person in actual cash. Stores will stop accepting credit or debit cards if the banks run out of cash. If you think no one will remove, then dont worry.

new topics

top topics

join