It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Nerd asks stupid computer question..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've noticed something interesting using my google search ..
it seems it slants my content towards 911 truth and like conspiracies without me even clicking on anything - even thought I flushed all my Cache files... yet, my friend's computer is like the opposite you have to really dig to get any truth hits...

has anyone looked into this stuff... ?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Depends on the search words you use. Also the Google Language site - either local or international search. More info please. And what are you inclining to here - a conspiracy or a skunk work?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

Maybe you missed the question where Google asks you if you'd like to save your searches? It does that if you use iGoogle or customize your Google desktop. Of course, I don't know if you've done that....just asking.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed is that the results do not appear in the same order when using different browsers, for one search we may get the same results but in different orders for Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
well, I think it is Google Toolbar.
I uninstalled, and guess what... 911 stuff can not be found on the opening screen - when searching "cars" thats nice... now...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What about cookies? Did you clear your cookies? That's my guess.

Troy

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 888LetsRoll
I've noticed something interesting using my google search ..
it seems it slants my content towards 911 truth and like conspiracies without me even clicking on anything - even thought I flushed all my Cache files... yet, my friend's computer is like the opposite you have to really dig to get any truth hits...

has anyone looked into this stuff... ?

Try uninstalling all of the Google crap from your computer, and CCleaning your system

It wouldn't be a stretch for Google to use IP-based profiling.

new topics

top topics

join