It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where I think a lot of you are messing up with your OOBE attempts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi there...

I'm new here, and please don't take the title of my post to mean I think I know it all. I don't. I'm studying this OOBE thing myself and haven't yet accomplished it, but I JUST got back into it.

So you know I'm not the owner of the site I am mentioning, my full name is Chris Tanner and I am a 10-year paranormal investigator with Central Ohio Paranormal Society (COPS) at www.centralohioparanormal.com.

ANYWAY...

The other day I spent $20 downloading a 70 minute training film on Lucid Dreaming / OOBEs. It was actually VERY informative and well prepared. It caused to things to go "click" finally. (www.saltcube.com)

The biggest thing I saw different that myself and just about everyone else I know that has tried it and failed was the TIME OF DAY to do it.

It's NOT the evening....it's EARLY morning (4:00-5:00 am) or a couple hours before you would normally get up in the morning.

There is some really neat, and simple techniques in it that show you how to get your body into a "Mind-Awake/Body-Asleep" state. It makes perfect sense, and I feel if I wasn't marrried and sleeping alone (to be free to do a few of the tricks) I bet I would've at least gotten into a Lucid Dream state on the first time. As it was, I got far enough to recognize the bodies states and signs they pointed out in the video.

I think Binaural beats have potential, but I think it is more of a "Cheat sheet' approach than one that will truley work well.

I was hesitent about spending that money, but I am very satisifed with it. I think it may just fill in the missing piece some of you need with what you are currently trying. And the thing is, none of it is that hard.

Glad to be here, I will report back on my progress and share anything pertinent I encounter.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by C_Tanner]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'd be interested in your results!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Grats! I've only been up to the vibratory stage, except for once when I fell through the couch and landed in my roomate's room. I thought I was sleep walking until I saw myself lasleep on the couch, then I got that harsh sudden 'jerk' and snapped back into my body. I think this was just about 4 or 5 in the morning. The other times I've gotten the 'vibes' have all been around 10pm-2am. I think you may be right about this.

Also interested in the results!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ive had two OBE for sure, both were at 6am! The time is def crucial in all this. Both times I had no idea how I did it, how can we bring on that vibrational state ourselves??? This state I think is one of the most important stages but how to get to it I do not know.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The saltcube site is REALLY good, I used it a few times back when the guy first posted it ( then it was free as well), and I almost always was able to reach the vibrational state.

Also at 5-6am in the morning btw...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't get it, when I first started out back in High School their was always programs that would allow you to oobe either by purchase or what not. Then when you do purchase them, they make everything so specific and basically concrete as to the "It's best to do it at this time." Over time I've found that sometimes going against the normal "Book" method is always best. I was able to oobe after I stayed up for two days. Even then I had the experience in the afternoon (Mainly at noon though)

but it is interesting that you found something that did work for you and congratz to you for it providing you the help.
I'd be interested in the results just as well, and before I forget Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Ive had two OBE for sure, both were at 6am! The time is def crucial in all this. Both times I had no idea how I did it, how can we bring on that vibrational state ourselves??? This state I think is one of the most important stages but how to get to it I do not know.

Basically what it says is that the urge to roll over, which we usually don't think twice about, is actually the bodys test signal to see if we are still awake so it can initiate sleep paralysis. You have to fight the urge. The less sure the body is, the stronger the urge. The first time I tried the urge to roll over was so strong it was near excruciating. Also the other thing is learning to let your eyes be perfectly relaxed and still. That, and not moving usually will get you to vibration in about 15 minutes. It's big on how to stay awake while letting your body go all the way to sleep and into paralysis.

They also say that is is best to wake up around 4:00-5:00 am and stay up a bit, check your email or what not. Then go back to sleep. There is a flash timer program they give you that has like 10 fields to beep something like 6 min, 6 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 20 min...something like that. THis is to nudge ou just a bit to keep you out of deep sleep. Supposed to give you several short lucid dreams to give you the feel for it and what your body does.

Theres a lot more than that, but that is the gist of getting to the vibration stage. They also talk about a "rushing" noise and possible "M-band" noise you might encounter.

The second video deals more with getting out with an OOBE.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by C_Tanner]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by C_Tanner

Hi Chris and welcome to ATS!

I agree, early morning is a great time to try for an OBE, most of mine happen between 4.00am to 6.00am. However, my very first experience was in the middle of the afternoon during a little siesta!

I think the chances of success may relate to the stage of rest that the physical body is in at the time. Meaning, if the physical body is tired, I think there will be a greater chance of achieving an OBE.

I've also found that I have had amazing OBE's after nights where I have had too much to drink!!
My theory is that the body is completely unresponsive to external stimulation and this allows our consciousness to break free from the physical without the usual hinderances. (** Note to young readers - I do not recommend drinking to excess to achieve OBE's, please try other methods!!!)

I have experienced OBE's for the last 18 years. They happen from time to time without any will on my part - I usually become conscious during the night with the vibrations in my chest area and either go with it or stop it. It has only been in recent years that I've learnt how to consciously control my destination which is quite exciting.

Dobbie

P.S. I don't claim to know everything about OBE's either, but isn't it great to have a platform like this to share knowledge and experiences?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Theres a lot more than that, but that is the gist of getting to the vibration stage. They also talk about a "rushing" noise and possible "M-band" noise you might encounter.

Hi

What exactly is this noise I hear. You call it the M-band noise but what is it. I used to hear it so loud it was deafening but now its just a mild buzz

Basically what it says is that the urge to roll over, which we usually don't think twice about, is actually the bodys test signal to see if we are still awake so it can initiate sleep paralysis. You have to fight the urge. The less sure the body is, the stronger the urge. The first time I tried the urge to roll over was so strong it was near excruciating. Also the other thing is learning to let your eyes be perfectly relaxed and still. That, and not moving usually will get you to vibration in about 15 minutes. It's big on how to stay awake while letting your body go all the way to sleep and into paralysis.

Thanks for this Ive not heard this before. So you basically relax yourself to the point of sleep and resist turning over, and keep your eyes relaxed. This will bring on the vibrational state? I'll give that a try ..thanks.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The M-band thing was briefly mentioned, but supposedly it sounds like thousands of people talking. Obviously a reference to collective unconcious (I guess).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Most of my OOBEs mostly engage around 8am - 9am. Although I'd say my first OOBE was at around 4am or something.

I never knew what that whole vibration period was up until a few weeks back. Because of that, when I experienced that sensation a year back, I quickly withdrew from that situation by trying to wake up - I pretty much crapped myself because that vibratory period is pretty intense and freaky.

Seriously, it feels like your head is gonna melt. The amount of wind sound that rushes through you, the intensity of the static and the eerie voices...Enough to get anyone scared. Now that I know that it's actually a good thing, and will get you into OOBE mode, it's not all that scary.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My one experiance was in the afternoon, never been able to get that result since, but I have tried and find I tend to give in and roll over, never realised what that was about, until now (Fight the urge) why didn't I think about that.
Definatly going to try this out. I always find i'm not sure were to rest my arms, I never found it comfortable to put them by my sides while lying down, my elbows tend to hurt in that position, but I fought that and found I can sleep like that, but lately I have just been resting them on my chest in my attempts. What are your preferances with that?

In my one experiance it was afternoon and very muggy/warm, I read someone's post to get that idea and it worked, I didn't get far because when I tried to open my eye's I opened my actual eye's. I also got a massive ringing in my head straight away once I opened them, any thoughts on that?

Edit for spelling,

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I tryed the resisting to roll over technique last night while playing gregorian chants, thought they might help but if anything they distracted me. I normally play them in meditation and they are a great help but in this they were not.
This morning I woke up really early so I tryed the resisting technique again and yes its really hard not to! I also got this really strong itch that I tryed and tryed not to itch and this urge to itch just became unbearable! I do think this technique will work in the right situation though.

new topics

top topics

join