It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would you react to a mass UFO landing/presence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would go watch TV or listen to the radio or go to the internet to see if contact has been made then I would go outside and take pictures and video and hope that something good comes out of it.

what do you think you would do??

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The profanity filter installed on ATS does not allow me to express my true sentiment on here, so instead I will use similar sounding words:

I would booking sit myself.

Family into basement, armed and prepare for the worse. Wait there until I had verified exactly what the situation is

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Give them beer and trade a handful of beads for one of their landing crafts.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If there were a real UFO to land I would not do anythig because it is technically not a UFO any more for a couple of reason. It would be a ISO. Identified sitting object. You now know what it is and it is not flying anymore. So if it where aliens I would probably just let the news take care of it. I would let someone else try to make contact with them.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Watch TV, occasionally go out and look up in the sky. Eat pizza.
I guess I'd pretty much do what I already do now.
Hopefully, I wouldn't be dragged out of my home by flesh-eating aliens, or people going insane in the streets.
But you never know.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I will exchange my old car for their ship and will give them a rebate for fuel.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Pack up all the survival essentials, a portable radio for news, a weapon, and run to the hills until we knew for sure that their intentions were benevolent. If not...its "WOLVEREENS!!!" time.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Personaly, I'd spend the day by the TV, even if I could see the event from my own garden. I'd try and follow every online report too, but fully imagine the web would crash with the incredible amount of info flying around.

The important thing would be, even with the emotional cushion of a long held belief in the ETH, to try and guage what exactly was happening. I don't expect that to be easy, or to be able to determine anything from the data forthcoming from the authorities. Most humans fear enforced, unexpected change, and such an incomprehensible cultural transformation would surely be tempered by this consideration and any specifics would be released slowly, for safety's sake.

The initial coverage would more than likely be repeating accounts full of emotive imagery, that and "expert" commentary. I fully imagine all the usual subjects being paraded before the lens; in fact I really expect them to be queueing up to be interviewed. We'd hear lots of professional estimation as to the meaning of the event, and whilst this'd be based on preliminary information coming from the news stations, it'd be replete with individual perspective. A lot of careers will be balancing on a knife edge on that day...

In the mean time, I'd try and talk my wife through the unfolding news articles as best I can, and help to allieviate the fears and insecurities that she will undoubtedly be experiencing. It will be all I can do as, and even though I have immersed myself in UFO lore and supposition, I will be scared too.

And at that exact moment when we, as a species, discover that we never really were alone, my first thoughts will be firmly, unswervingly with her, and my family.

What transpires in the first few hours that follow this momentous happening will undoubtedly be astonishing, but could never cloud what is truly important in my life.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Beamish]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I should hope to be aproached. Who cares about laws at this point.

Sure I might deficate myself but if they were actually aproaching me well I'd offer them the 50 cent tour (from thier craft of course).

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i would expect to be alerted before a landing, if not i would consider it an invasion and go into protection mode! if they have the ability to travel they should have the ability to announce their intentions and ask for permission before landing, if not i would consider them hostile.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would grab my bike and go to the nearest landing to see it for myself. If they are benevolent, no problem but if they are a invading force i just hope the end will be quick, so better to be on a hot spot.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would probably say every curse in my mother tongue, then switch to english, then to the 3 curse I know in spanish, then mix english and french then mix everything together.
Then i'll start all over again a couple of time until I reach a high level of redundancy.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I would greet them after my prolonged stay on this planet. They are, afterall, part of my blood. I am the offspring of a grey EBE which was the subject of a highly experimental intratubal insemination procedure in the late 1940's. Although I retain the physical appearance and anatomy of a normal human, I have extremely high creatinine and lymphocitic blood levels which have been attributed to my "biological antecedent" according to the government contracted physician whom has cared for me all my life. One day my identity will be disclosed to the world, but there will be many who doubt what I really am until they have witnessed the testimony of the scientific community. I cannot say for sure if there are others like me, as I have been very isolated from the public except for occasional "internet sessions" which they allow only once per week. I would most certainly be reprimanded heavily if they knew I was posting this. I will try to expound on what I know about my kind at a later date. I know my claims here will be ridiculed and questioned, but there will come a time when humans will be enlightened.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All right, I will give a serious answer.

I'd go to them, maybe steal a ship and superspeed out of there.

Seriously. It would be fun but also I think the best thing to do, go to them.

At least I would die with some sense of adventure in my boring life.

top topics

join