It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they control the world.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If the secret societies control the world, why do they keep strife and suffering going?

these people have the power to make the world harmonious, why do they prefer to see suffering?

I don't think it is going to last, I think they are all going to regret it when the poop hits the fan, which I think it will, just by logic.

anyway that's my 2 cents, bad can only win for so long.

everything ends sooner or later.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I personally don't see their ultimate control as whether or not they like seeing suffering or happiness, it's just that suffering sells. People need more in the consumerist market when the world is in shambles than when it's not. Remember, it's all about making a profit.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you think any one group "controls the world," then you're living in a fantasy land. There are many, many powerful individuals and groups (governments, corporations, etc) that "control the world."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ever think that the world is really out of control and that is why there is so much suffering. Control means regulated and I just don't see it. Maybe there are too many groups trying to run things and they keep ever thing stired up.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by atsdude

You are seeing what every Human who has ever lived has seen...

There has never been an "age of peace" .. there has never been a time where there was not a world of strife and suffering.

Never has there been a time where all Humans where equal.

Never has there been a time where wealth did not regulate society.

And never has there been a time where the wealthy did not control everything..

There is no "secret society" dominating the world.

No, just Humanity ruling the fate of Humanity just as Humanity always have, always will, with no objective in mind, no goal set forth and no ultimate agenda to be played out. While the strong and the wealthy will dominate and control the weak, and the weak will struggle against the mighty, it's been proven throughout history. He who controls value controls society. I consider it Human instinct. I even consider it Human instinct to look to another Human to tell you how to live.

And no secret society developed Human instincts.. God did.

But that's my view and beliefs.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by atsdude

Pain and grief have always been more profitable than peace and harmony. It's age old, really.

Biggest profits come about from change. If you control the change then you know when the least risk for the most gain is possible. At that time you take your action and profit from it. It's a Volitale Gains system.

Yes, 'they' could sit back and make profits slow and steady. Why, when they can inconvienance a few and turn some bucks alot quicker?

It's greed. IF a Secret Society is truly in control, it profits off turmoil and thus will continue with controlled chaos.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think its part of human nature that people only accept being 'led' when they are in desperate straits. The truth is that most of us lead pretty peaceful and safe lives but it is important to the elements who seek control (whomever they may be) that we percieve risk. Thus mass media constantly hits us over the head with how dangerous the world is and how we all are living on the verge of doom. Turn off your TV and put down your newspaper (or stop checking the internet for news etc.) for a week and you'll notice that the world is far mor harmonious than it is presented.

Lastly - to get a little existential - life is a process of flux, not stability. We don't exist in a static universe; the hegelian dialectic (or the YinYang) is a far more accurate description of our world than an Christian view of an eternal and unchanging heaven.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by atsdude

There are a few things to consider here. First, is that there is not one overall society that commands the world, yet. There are very powerful forces at work, but in my opinion there are at least three primary forces at work in the struggle for world domination. The struggle is reflected in highly profitable chaos and suffering.

The second thing to consider is this. There is indeed a secret force at work that intends to "end the suffering" and manage the world as they see fit. The Georgia Guidestones set forth the utopian vision these overlords have, and their ultimate goal to bring Human population down to a half-billion people, permanently.

So which do you favor? The freedom of chaos and suffering? Or domination under a system meant to "end" all of this suffering we see today? But keep in mind, that absolute power corrupts absolutely. And also, think about this. The ultimate goal of Emporer Palpatine was peace and order, though obviously on his terms.

[edit on 5/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

join