It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ron Paul, Still a Candidate, Heads to GOP Convention Showdown

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Ron Paul, Still a Candidate, Heads to GOP Convention Showdown


elections.foxnews.com

Ron Paul has no chance of winning the Republican presidential nomination this year, but he continues to head toward the party’s National Convention with an ardent group of supporters and a second-phase strategy aimed at raising the profile of his libertarian-leaning issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Go Ron Paul dont give up man to many people are counting on you. Your still getting my vote even if your not on the ballot I am writing you in. The only true change that will come to America.

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit
 


Glad I am not the Lone Ranger on this one.

Though it may be likened to tilting at windmills, I have always preferred to root for the underdogs. Especially when they so closely align with my personal philosophies.

I feel compelled also to insert a link to Ron's website in case there is an announcement regarding the convention.www.house.gov...

Carry on warrior.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You're going to get a lot of Ron Paul haters coming to this thread because it seems to be the "in thing" to be anti-Ron Paul.

I guess its because Ron Paul supporters are more passionate about their candidate than the supporters of other candidates so the Ron Paul haters get to create a stir and get the attention.

I'm glad he's still pushing forward and not quitting even though the Republican nomination is all wrapped up. It makes it more difficult on the mainstream media to continue to bury him; they have to continue to censor him as opposed to, if he dropped out, announcing he has dropped out and they're rid of him for good.

I, too, am going to write him in. At the very least, I hope we can set a record for the most write in votes for one person. It would just let "them" know that we're still keeping up with whats going on and we're not happy about whats going on; its more of a political statement than anything else, I think.

Here's to continued support of the only hope for America



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
You're going to get a lot of Ron Paul haters coming to this thread because it seems to be the "in thing" to be anti-Ron Paul.

I guess its because Ron Paul supporters are more passionate about their candidate than the supporters of other candidates so the Ron Paul haters get to create a stir and get the attention.

I'm glad he's still pushing forward and not quitting even though the Republican nomination is all wrapped up. It makes it more difficult on the mainstream media to continue to bury him; they have to continue to censor him as opposed to, if he dropped out, announcing he has dropped out and they're rid of him for good.

I, too, am going to write him in. At the very least, I hope we can set a record for the most write in votes for one person. It would just let "them" know that we're still keeping up with whats going on and we're not happy about whats going on; its more of a political statement than anything else, I think.

Here's to continued support of the only hope for America


Oh yeah Im sure there will be the haters Im ready for them....BRING IT ON!!!!


With that being said I think its pathetic one can get as many votes as he has gotten and not got any delegates I mean that shows you this is not a democracy its whoever the people in the backrooms want to win.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am a passionate Ron Paul supporter but heads up to those of you who don't know... Former Georgia Congressman Bob Barr is running for President on the Libertarian ticket... meaning we have another choice instead of Barrak OClinton or John McCrippled!!! Maybe he'll put Ron Paul as his VP running mate.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The blog on fix news site on this is going nuts people are chiming in like mad....Im telling you for all the support RP gets I just cant figure out why they arent turning into votes it almost makes you wonder.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The only issue that Ron paul is really adressing (Or better yet his supporters should be) is his perpetual fund raising efforts. Where is all fo that money going?????



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul raised more issues in the debates than any other candidate and he gave real solutions and real change to the argument, yet he was laughed at. Everyone else wants to bankrupt this country by socializing health care or spending even more time fighting a war that was never declared in the first place! Our federal reserve is destroying our economy by devalueing our money and Ron Paul wants us to go back to the Gold Standard so our money would be worth something again! No one raises real issues other than Paul. Your argument is vague and poorly planned and you are ill-educated in what Ron Paul is about. Let me guess, you listen to the media frenzy, right? Why not youtube Ron Paul and listen to the man in his own words!



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
You're going to get a lot of Ron Paul haters coming to this thread because it seems to be the "in thing" to be anti-Ron Paul.

I guess its because Ron Paul supporters are more passionate about their candidate than the supporters of other candidates so the Ron Paul haters get to create a stir and get the attention.

It's a shame this country MUST be either Republican or Democrat.
Would be nice to see a total change of control..

But then again, if people didn't hate people then this would be the best place to live. (who would ever thought).



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8
 



He is not really running other than fundraising. he found a nich, has tapped into peoples hopes and wallets, put forth plans that are either unrealistic or unworkable and keeps taking your money. Basically he is no better than an Oral Roberts type offering pseudo salvation and NO realistic solution to ones problems.

Keeping the neo nazi donation cemented the 'its all about the money" vibe and my favorite? Putting in earmarks and THEN voting "no" knowing the measure would pass shows its all about style over substance.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by Locoman8
 



He is not really running other than fundraising. he found a nich, has tapped into peoples hopes and wallets, put forth plans that are either unrealistic or unworkable and keeps taking your money. Basically he is no better than an Oral Roberts type offering pseudo salvation and NO realistic solution to ones problems.

Keeping the neo nazi donation cemented the 'its all about the money" vibe and my favorite? Putting in earmarks and THEN voting "no" knowing the measure would pass shows its all about style over substance.




I will say that I have thought about that to as far as where is the money going. I mean if he doesnt intend on starting another party or joining that bob bar guy then why is he still accepting money when he has no intentions on doing anything...my hope has been that he is just fronting till after the convention.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
He has made mention that his donations will be put toward the national debt if he doesn't make it to the White House. He doesn't even take government paid junkets, why would he keep someone else's money?



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow now fixed news has taken all the links to the story off their main site and election site...I guess it must of been getting to much ron paul support mail they had to shut it down.



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think everyone here that is a Libertarian or would like to see the Libertarians win or if anything would like to see ALL Candidates have an EQUAL Chance, should flood the News Sources with a comment much like the one below (but in your own words).

Yep, I sent that to : americasnewsroom@foxnews.com which is the direct email for America's Election HQ. (granted like I said, I'm just one person, so I'll prob end up in the Junk box)


How come you don't let THE PEOPLE know about the Libertarian Candidates?
Isn't the NEWS suppose to REPORT the news not sway the public to vote for what they "the news" thinks?

I, just like many people in this country are fed up with the way our NEWS Sources covers News Stories.
The people of this country have the right to view ALL CANDIDATES and what they are offering us, including but not limited to the Libertarians that are running for Presidency.

You had the stories, but now you won't cover them.
Your as bad as your competitors, I will no longer be a Fox News Supporter! (granted I'm just one person, but there's plenty of us, just one persons).

It's sad to think the News is now owned by those that wish to be in control!
What happened to Our Nation?

Signed, One Pissed Off American Citizen!



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit
 

I found this on foxnews (i'm assuming fixed news is the same thing your talking about?)

elections.foxnews.com...



posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly
reply to post by mybigunit
 

I found this on foxnews (i'm assuming fixed news is the same thing your talking about?)

elections.foxnews.com...


Ok I stand corrected they did hide a link in there somewhere...I pasted to more comments in there and none of them fixed news posted.....suckers



posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Don't forget, former Georgia congressman Bob Barr is now running on the Libertarian ticket for president. This makes me happy that someone else other than a dem or rep is running. I wish Ron Paul would have done a better job at running his campaign but either way you look at it, he got the attention of many young voters who are fed up with the way this country is run. Just as Thomas Jefferson said to John Adams, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

If only the leaders of this country would heed the advice of our founding fathers... instead they open America up for it's demise and takeover.



posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ron Paul is more of a Patriot than anything else. He has stood up to many of these crazy neocons. If we are to preserve our way of life and our countries constitutional liberties then we need a President like Ron Paul.

By the way Ron has started naming the neocons publicly here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to the neo-cons. THey should be considered communists because that's what they act like.




top topics



 
5

log in

join